Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 PM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjikun View Post
Thanks so much for your reply. Actually, I would love to run my numbers past you. I decided to put it on the thread, because there are a few people on here with thyroid issues who might find your response useful. So, here they are:

TSH = 1.69 mU/L
T4 Free = 14.9 pmol/L
T3 Free = 3.9 pmol/L

One other thing that makes me wonder is my HbA1c, which is toward the top of the range at 5.7. This is related to blood sugar control, am I right? Does anyone know if this is a good result? I have polyneuropathy, the most common cause of which is diabetes, and it's an early symptom of diabetes, so I figure I should keep an eye on this. I have no idea where it should be though.

Mary
Mary, 5.7 is not the high end...levels between 5.7% and 6.4% indicate increased risk of diabetes, and levels of 6.5% or higher indicate diabetes.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #842
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Hi everyone--I enjoy reading all your updates, even though I don't comment on them.

I've been doing a modified fat fast for the past 3 days (1200 calories, 83 to 85% fat, 10 carbs/day, 20 to 30 g/protein) and less exercise (walking to work instead of biking; skiing only 30 to 40 minutes every other day--the new snow is too nice to resist). I've lost 3 lbs in 3 days, which is nice. I'll do another day of this, and then I'm off to Paris for 4 days for a conference, where I'll just stick to low carb and eat as much fat as I can. Triple creme bries will help--I can't find them easily here in Sweden.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:13 AM   #843
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
WOE: NK
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
My report for the day is that my weight is the same, but my fasting glucose went down to 96 and my ketones went UP to .9 today!!!!! I think it's my bulletproof tea and elimination as much as possible of dairy!!! No cheese, no sour cream, no HWC and no cream cheese yesterday....oh, and no fat bombs or cream cheese clouds for 2 days now. I think they somehow sabotaged me??? But I'm happy that I'm finally 2 days into ketosis and wonder if that will continue. Sure hope so. (oh, and I added in salad/veggies as advised to do...so that makes no sense that upping my carbs a bit has caused things to go better in the glucose and ketones, but I'll take it)
This sounds great Shelley. If I don't start dropping soon, I may need to put a hold on the dairy. Just a game of elimination, I guess. Have a great day!
Old 12-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #844
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post
Hi everyone--I enjoy reading all your updates, even though I don't comment on them.

I've been doing a modified fat fast for the past 3 days (1200 calories, 83 to 85% fat, 10 carbs/day, 20 to 30 g/protein) and less exercise (walking to work instead of biking; skiing only 30 to 40 minutes every other day--the new snow is too nice to resist). I've lost 3 lbs in 3 days, which is nice. I'll do another day of this, and then I'm off to Paris for 4 days for a conference, where I'll just stick to low carb and eat as much fat as I can. Triple creme bries will help--I can't find them easily here in Sweden.
GREAT!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all! I love when I lose,another lb this morning yehaw....now 161.4
I'm learning so much of what my body likes and don't..
Food for yesterday
B-2 eggs cooked in tbs butter
Coffee w-tbs co tbs hwc,stevia
L-coffee. Tbs co tbs hwc stevia and one oz macadamia
D- 4.5 oz chicken
S- half devil egg
Old 12-12-2012, 05:27 AM   #846
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Great, PC!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 AM   #847
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:
Food for yesterday
D- 4.5 oz chicken
S- half devil egg
Hey Becky- are you doing a meat/egg thing? I may have too- I'm getting desperate, I seem to be gaining :-( I'm at 149 this a.m.- which is a full 5lbs from where I was when I started this WOE. I'm glad my ketones are where they need to be, but what good is that if I'm not losing??
Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #848
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anjikun
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
DRAT..wrote a long reply and got cut off and I'm off to a meeting, but wanted to tell you that I need the ranges for your results. Every lab has different ranges and need to see where in those ranges you lie!

My Ha1bc is 5.8...doc thought that was just fine. But with no grains or sugars? I still think it's high so am monitoring my own fasting B/G every morning to make sure it says below the 120 reading she said would be more worrisome (and I hit that and 125 on 2 days...but now am in the 90's, so being very careful is paying off).

I'll check back later tonight to see if you posted the ranges.
Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me. Here is the info again, with the lab ranges:

TSH = 1.69 mU/L (range = .34 - 5.60)
T4 Free = 14.9 pmol/L (range = 12.0 - 22.0)
T3 Free = 3.9 pmol/L (range = 2.6 - 5.7)

My doctor doesn't seem to pay any attention to where the numbers are in the range. As long as there is nothing in the "status" column (where they would indicate an out-of-range result as an abnormality) she thinks it's fine.

Thanks so much for taking a look at these for me!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Sophie yes I am but I do believe there are some on this site that does not eat veggies.so that's what I'm doing for a week just to see what happens,I'm one who likes to change things around,it helps but I never go over 20 carbs...like red said stay clean eating when we start using recipes things start add up fast..so I eat clean as possible...I did do 1 oz macadamia yesterday just to see what happen it helped but I did weigh them out eat one ever so often ....I've never really stalled..just gained from adding to much of the LC foods...I just no I feel so dang good...
Old 12-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #850
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Hi Mary

You are going through a lot right now so the health part needs the focus but it sounds like that is your plan

Your frame size, large, puts you in this range for ideal weight - 125-140 - so I split the difference.

Goal Weight: 133

Exercise Page:
(x/2.2)*1.2 = 73
(x/2.2)*1.5 = 91
(x/2.2)*1.8 = 109

Dr. Phinney's recommendation is 1.5g/kg that results in 91g protein daily.

I stopped right there because the rest isn't important right now for you. Just try to keep your protein at or close to goal and eat fat to satiety keeping carbs as low as you can but under 50g total at any rate.

Just in passing, Phinney said that thyroid medication can be very tricky to fine tune and it being out of whack can greatly affect your results not just with NK but LC in general (to paraphrase him). Is it possible to get a second opinion?

Hi Red,

Thanks a ton for getting back to me Red, and for running my numbers. I'm surprised that my protein allotment is so high (but I'm not complaining )

I am definitely going to take your advice and just try to get that much protein while keeping carbs at or under 50g. I'm actually in the range for ideal weight at 138 (although I would certainly prefer to be lighter). But you're right, it's definitely not the focus for now.

As for the second opinion, yes I'm definitely going to seek one. I woke up with palpitations again last night after a few nights of not (or barely) having any. The only thing that changed diet-wise was that I bought more of the salty bullion cubes I had been drinking and drank two yesterday (3,486 mg of sodium). I know good amounts of sodium is recommended for LC, but have you ever heard of anyone getting palpitations from it? I know palpitations can be caused by electrolyte imbalance, and sodium is related to that. But normally the problem is lack of sodium, right?
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #851
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Mary, we missed you. CFS...not certain I sign on with that either....it's a catchall-I-don't-know-what-is-wrong-with-you thing. Have you logged the palpitations? Clocked the number/minute? Labs will likely not tell you anything that connects to this. EKGs are only good if you are having issues - palpitations at the time of the test. Far reaching, but if you are having issues with neuropathy, and palpitations...have you considered an electrophysiological issue? Your wiring....per se. Cardiologist would be the best place to go next. I would not supplement potassium at this point, get your broth up, and if you are going back on NK, let that start, get the carb flu out of the way, then consider it after you work through those changes. Palpitations are not normal at rest. Do you track BP?
Hi Southern Girl!

You are so sweet and wonderful, the way you keep track of everyone! I missed this thread too, but I was feeling too sick, tired and freaked out after seeing my doctor to do much of anything (except watch videos/netflix--total escapism!)

I totally agree with you about the CFS thing. It's just a description of symptoms, and a cope-out for my doctor. I sat there and told her how bad things were going (I am a single mom with two little boys, and I'm having trouble doing even the basics). I told her that if she thought it was all in my head, she better send me to a head doctor but quick! But she just sat there and said "stop trying to diagnose yourself...if you want to go on the Internet look up Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...or watch some Yogo videos".

Yes, the cardiologist is the next stop. I was seen in the emergency room about 10 days ago (palpitations and dizzyness) and they gave me a referral for a holter monitor (which records your heartbeat for 24 hours) and a consultation with a cardiologist. The problem is that I have to wait until late January. I'm going to call today to see if I can get in earlier. As for BP, I don't track it myself, but anytime it's ever been taken it was normal or on the low side.

The other thing they are checking for is MS (with MRIs--I should have the results of the latest one in a few weeks). I doubt it's that though, because the first one two years ago of the brain was OK.

I just bought the new version of the Perfect Health Diet by the Jaminets. I'm thinking of trying an NK+PHD woe. I can follow the percentages/grams of protein and carbs based on NK, using the types of foods/supplements recommended in PHD. Has anyone else used the PHD?

Last edited by Anjikun; 12-12-2012 at 06:18 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #852
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Anjikun, this may be too simple and probably already covered by your doc or others. But how much caffeine are you having? My palpitations totally coincide with high caffeine (more than two cups caffinated beverage/day).
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #853
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Food for yesterday
D- 4.5 oz chicken
S- half devil egg
Congrats Becky!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #854
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
Hey Becky- are you doing a meat/egg thing? I may have too- I'm getting desperate, I seem to be gaining :-( I'm at 149 this a.m.- which is a full 5lbs from where I was when I started this WOE. I'm glad my ketones are where they need to be, but what good is that if I'm not losing??
If your protein is right and carbs are low the only thing left to tweak is calories Sophie. How are you doing on calories assuming everything else is square? If you are low on calories already then are you too low? If not then tweak protein down 5 to 10g and see what your results are.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #855
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Red,

Thanks a ton for getting back to me Red, and for running my numbers. I'm surprised that my protein allotment is so high (but I'm not complaining )

I am definitely going to take your advice and just try to get that much protein while keeping carbs at or under 50g. I'm actually in the range for ideal weight at 138 (although I would certainly prefer to be lighter). But you're right, it's definitely not the focus for now.

As for the second opinion, yes I'm definitely going to seek one. I woke up with palpitations again last night after a few nights of not (or barely) having any. The only thing that changed diet-wise was that I bought more of the salty bullion cubes I had been drinking and drank two yesterday (3,486 mg of sodium). I know good amounts of sodium is recommended for LC, but have you ever heard of anyone getting palpitations from it? I know palpitations can be caused by electrolyte imbalance, and sodium is related to that. But normally the problem is lack of sodium, right?
You have more things going on than simply the palpitations, right? The other stuff may make the solution more complicated than single source.

As for calories and weight loss, to be more clear on that, take care not to add yet another complication by being too low on your daily calories. Very low calories produce stress and, at least, quantities of cortisol release and who knows what else in the way of hormones and metabolic-related issues.

My thinking is like when you have a cold and you eat to keep your strength up. Same thing in this situation where your body is challenged and doesn't need the added stress of not having enough fuel to operate at maximum capacity. But this is much more serious than a simple cold.

For the protein for your situation I probably would use a range of 1.0 to 1.5 with gives you a bottom of about 70g protein and a top end of 90g.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #856
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Hi Red,

This is just my 2 cents. When I started going through menopause (peri) I had heart palpitations a lot. They were what I called "heart skippys'. It felt like my heart would lurch in my chest about every 30 second or so. At the time I was also taking a "one a day" with EECG (green tea extract). After seeing my doctor I stopped the vitamin and cut back on my caffeine. The "skippys" went away. My Doc explained that my heart wasn't skipping a beat, it was actually having an extra beat. This also happens sometimes if I take sudafed for a day or two. I'm a "cover all the bases" kind of gal, so this is just for your consideration. I sincerely hope you fell better soon.
~Blonde

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Love your new picture, blonde.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Thank you CICI! How you doin'?
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #859
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Blonde, love your new picture, you are a very pretty lady.

Like everyone else, I am too too busy right now, so hasn't been hard to stay LC, but hard to get any variety in my food b/c of lack of time to cook. Mostly just figure out a protein to eat and if I am hungry for a veggie, add that, have my CO in my coffee each day and there is always room for butter in my diet.

I hit another new low this morning, just .2 of a lb more but I claim each and every new low I see. I can almost smell the 180's just over the hill. I do hope I see it soon but my pattern tells me that I will bounce around at 190 . something for a while. Maybe being extra busy and not having time to cook more will help push me over the ledge into the 180's, fingers crossed. And man oh man, it is really hard to type with fingers crossed

Have a Christmas party to go to tonight. Will eat before I go and I am taking a cheese plate so I will have something to nibble on there. Otherwise, I am pretty sure that nothing the others are bringing will be things I can eat. And, no wine for me either, so it will just be for the company of friendship that I attend!!! Which is fine these days, thank heaven's for ketosis and lack of appetite.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #860
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy, eating before you go is a great strategy. Social events are so much easier when really not hungry.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #861
Big Yapper!!!!

I almost always do that Cici. Then, if there are things I can eat, fine, I will take small bites but if not, I am not white knuckling it.

Where is Red at this morning? A new book perhaps, some almonds and a new book found their way into his home? Or, he is rebooting, re motherboarding, or installing unheard of OS's on his numerous computers? Come out Red, we know you are there.....
Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #862
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:
If your protein is right and carbs are low the only thing left to tweak is calories Sophie. How are you doing on calories assuming everything else is square? If you are low on calories already then are you too low? If not then tweak protein down 5 to 10g and see what your results are.

admittedly, my calories go too high...I am hungry beyond my suggested caloric intake often times...other times, it's just plain over eating.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #863
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I almost always do that Cici. Then, if there are things I can eat, fine, I will take small bites but if not, I am not white knuckling it.

Where is Red at this morning? A new book perhaps, some almonds and a new book found their way into his home? Or, he is rebooting, re motherboarding, or installing unheard of OS's on his numerous computers? Come out Red, we know you are there.....
lol!!

In fact! I had created a new Live USB image of Ubuntu 12.10 and I rebooted into that to look at it a little closer lol.

I'm considering migrating back to straight Ubuntu. Right now I am using PinGuyOS, which is based on Ubuntu, and I like it but I am concerned about this distro being entirely dependent on just one or two people to keep it up to date and maintained.

Also, vanilla Ubuntu has emerged as *the* distro for Linux gaming and I really enjoy PC gaming.

And finally, what I didn't know when I switched away from Ubuntu in the first place - being such a complete and total newb to Linux - was that the desktop environment is completely changeable. The desktop environment is what I did not like about Ubuntu. Now it is not as important because I have gotten much more familiar with modern Linux.

Buffy, beings as we cannot taste test your toffee you need to donate all proceeds to the Darin Needs A Maserati Fund. This wonderful charity fund is working to help out this deserving individual when all signs point to this modest mobile shelter against the vagaries of life never being gifted otherwise. Sadly, our current funding level remains at $0.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Hi!

Thanks for getting back to me. Here is the info again, with the lab ranges:

TSH = 1.69 mU/L (range = .34 - 5.60)
T4 Free = 14.9 pmol/L (range = 12.0 - 22.0)
T3 Free = 3.9 pmol/L (range = 2.6 - 5.7)

My doctor doesn't seem to pay any attention to where the numbers are in the range. As long as there is nothing in the "status" column (where they would indicate an out-of-range result as an abnormality) she thinks it's fine.

Thanks so much for taking a look at these for me!
Great!!! First....most of the people I know who are now well optimized feel best with a TSH under 1. It's an unreliable test on it's own. The FT4 should be middle to lower of range. So, with a range of 12-22, the mid point would be 17. With a 14.9 you are below mid-range and that's okay as long as the FT3 is up where it needs to be.

Your FT3 at 3.9 in a range of 2.6 - 5.7 is on the low end of the mid range of 4.15. To feel well and be "optimized", your FT3 should be 2/3 to 3/4 of that range. So, your FT3 should be closer to 4.9 to feel "like yourself" once again. So, if I were your doctor, I would be putting you on thyroid meds. And my choice would be natural dessicated thyroid or else a compounded version of both T4 and T3 for balance. NOT just T4(synthroid) which is what most docs do if they Rx at all.

Now you need to find a good doc, naturopath, DO, nurse practitioner who will Rx for you. Try calling some compounding pharmacies in your area to see who the docs are that Rx.....or go to a reg. pharmacy to see what people Rx natural thyroid like Armour or Acella (think that's the new name). If you're in Canada it's called Erfa. Hope this helps.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #865
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Red,

Just curious to know if you are taking compounded thyroid meds with T3 in them? Also, my sister ended up in the hospital with this and the doc gave her an IV of magnesium and it stopped them cold. I'm NOT a doctor but are you taking a goodly amount of magnesium to help with LC and this issue as well? Not trying to prescribe, just curious. SouthernGirl is really good with this stuff too!!!! Maybe she's already answered though. Just my thoughts.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #866
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
admittedly, my calories go too high...I am hungry beyond my suggested caloric intake often times...other times, it's just plain over eating.
Hmmmm.

No medical conditions, right? Thyroid or diabetes medications?

If you are hungry then eat but try to keep the carbs as close to zero as possible if you think you are going to overeat for that day.

Stay away from food related surfing. Don't surf stuff about LC recipes. Don't dwell on your food log. If you start thinking about food immediately distract yourself - get up walk somewhere think about the last funny thing your bff said.

Is it possible that an artificial sweetener is triggering the hunger? Or maybe some other food trigger? Does anything stand out if you look at the log on the days you overate?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #867
Senior LCF Member

Mornin' everyone.

Major Red....a Masarati?!?!!? Really?!?! Are you sure a bright red (to match your hair) porsche turbo wouldn't do the trick?

Sophie...I hear you loud and clear....that's where I"ve been for 3.5 months! Gain gain, lose, gain gain gain.

Well, I decided to up my calories. I decided to do what the 2 nutritionists who eat this way and are well keto adapted told me to do...have a salad for lunch and a cup of veggies (measuring raw, not cooked) for dinner. In 3 days I am back down this morning to EXACTLY the weight where I started in late August. This morning my ketone reading was once again .9. But the BEST is that my fasting glucose is no longer above 100 consistently....it went down to 83. I started what Major Red told me to check into over a month ago (and one of the keto adapted nutritionists). I am taking 25% of the reg. dose of berberine. I react quickly to any meds whatsoever, and caffeine. So, opted to start lower than low. It also says that it takes 2-6 weeks to kick in (so I figured another year for me!! ha ha). But each day I've taken one little 250 mg capsule, my fasting B/G the next morning has dropped bit by bit! And my calories are going up up up. Was doing 1200-1400 and have been 1900 - 2200 (yesterday was 2000) and today's weight from yesterday was a 1.4# drop. I'll take it. And I don't think it's water weight as I've been at this for much too long for it to do that, but who the heck knows. We shall see what the rest of the week brings.

Buffy....have FUN at the party tonight. I went to one last night and had nothing. Not even a glass of water. I went to chat and have fun and didn't give the food or wine a thought. It's not hard if you are not hungry when you go, so good plan to eat before.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #868
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
lol!!

In fact! I had created a new Live USB image of Ubuntu 12.10 and I rebooted into that to look at it a little closer lol.

I'm considering migrating back to straight Ubuntu. Right now I am using PinGuyOS, which is based on Ubuntu, and I like it but I am concerned about this distro being entirely dependent on just one or two people to keep it up to date and maintained.

Also, vanilla Ubuntu has emerged as *the* distro for Linux gaming and I really enjoy PC gaming.

And finally, what I didn't know when I switched away from Ubuntu in the first place - being such a complete and total newb to Linux - was that the desktop environment is completely changeable. The desktop environment is what I did not like about Ubuntu. Now it is not as important because I have gotten much more familiar with modern Linux.

Buffy, beings as we cannot taste test your toffee you need to donate all proceeds to the Darin Needs A Maserati Fund. This wonderful charity fund is working to help out this deserving individual when all signs point to this modest mobile shelter against the vagaries of life never being gifted otherwise. Sadly, our current funding level remains at $0.
I have totally found that the CHOCOLATE version of Ubuntu has worked better for me, the huge huge gamer that I am, I play spider solitaire almost every day to relax, now the butterscotch version was a total failure as it turned my screen a disgusting shade of well, you know, butterscotch.

Wow Red, that is soo all over my head that my eyes glaze over when you get to talking about that stuff, talk about the sinus congestion I am still having and you have to add all that in??? Have a soul man, let up on us in the brain cell dept.

Since I have to taste test each batch of toffee and take the enormous risk of carbs each time I start cutting or breaking apart a new batch, all profits must be returned to the CEO and isn't that how most companies run these days??? Even Mr. Buffy, when I show him the money I have taken in from the toffee asks "but how much did the supplies cost?", to which I say, "oh, I don't count that, I just keep all the money I take in". You have to smile sweetly while saying this. Then Mr. Buffy just shakes his head and heads out in search of more butter. Oh, he also doubles as my delivery man!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #869
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Hi all, been crazy around here, crazy stressful. Butterfinger, saltines, and rice happened last night. Yuck.. anyway I got my ketone meter in the mail, gonna start testing when I get back from Texas.. wanna give myself a solid 3 weeks to adapt!

One more final to go and I'm done for a month, woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiva View Post

I lost weight best when I ate this way as well, glad to see its working for you. LOVE Paris, enjoy it!

Quote:
Food for yesterday
D- 4.5 oz chicken
S- half devil egg
Good job, Becky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!
Blonde, love your new picture, you are a very pretty lady.

Like everyone else, I am too too busy right now, so hasn't been hard to stay LC, but hard to get any variety in my food b/c of lack of time to cook. Mostly just figure out a protein to eat and if I am hungry for a veggie, add that, have my CO in my coffee each day and there is always room for butter in my diet.

I hit another new low this morning, just .2 of a lb more but I claim each and every new low I see. I can almost smell the 180's just over the hill. I do hope I see it soon but my pattern tells me that I will bounce around at 190 . something for a while. Maybe being extra busy and not having time to cook more will help push me over the ledge into the 180's, fingers crossed. And man oh man, it is really hard to type with fingers crossed

Have a Christmas party to go to tonight. Will eat before I go and I am taking a cheese plate so I will have something to nibble on there. Otherwise, I am pretty sure that nothing the others are bringing will be things I can eat. And, no wine for me either, so it will just be for the company of friendship that I attend!!! Which is fine these days, thank heaven's for ketosis and lack of appetite.
Buffy, way to go on the new low! If my scale measured weight to the gram, you best believe I'd be claiming every gram lost as a new low! :-)
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #870
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Anyone tried Starbucks Christmas blend? It tastes like cigarette ash to me. Blech.
Closed Thread