Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #811
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kim129
Hi,

I am new here to the thread & really excited to get started with this woe. I have been doing lc for about 6 weeks now. I have not been watching my calories or protein consumption up to this point. I have been checking my ketones with the urine sticks and have been in ketosis. I checked with my library to see if they have the book but they do not carry it so I will look into ordering it online later today. I would like to start figuring out my macros if anyone would please help me.

Weight 160.2
Height 5'5"
wrist 5 1/4"
My doctor says my goal weight is 125-129
Goal body fat 20 - 23%
I work out 5 times a week moderate to high intensity
Age 45

Any help would be appreciated ;0)

Thanks,

Kim

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #812
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Good morning all. And Welcome Kim.....you're about the same size I am, but smaller boned (my wrist is 6"). Your doc has good goals for you in my opinion. You're "near goal", so that's when it gets tough. Just so you know, I think we all started out with the urine ketostix...they measure a different type of ketones that what we want to be reading. It's only through a blood test that you can tell if you are in NK. Many of us have ordered meters, and many of us have not. It's not a cheap testing procedure. But hang in here with us and you will learn tons, and we have GREAT people who aren't shy about giving opinions and offering ideas/help.

Becky.....Woo hoo on your loss. You are so totally back on track. Hope your consignment is going well and not causing you too much stress.

Mizz....hope your finals go beautifully...and your reward is weeks of playtime afterwards. What a deal!

Major Red....ahhhhh...what can I say about the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac. Love 'em and also the Mama's and Papa's! They are "my era". And my co-worker was the mother of Neal Schon of the Eagles when they first got going, so that was fun for me, and her....his first check was used to buy her a new car as I recall.

Buffy.....how fabulous that your home business is going great guns in our economy! Must be the best toffee in the world!! My favorite. I don't envy you the smells, and the "taste testing", but obviously you are doing okay with all that. Love your new photo!

Blonde....I'm thrilled that you are hanging in here with us and felling so well...that's what I notice more than anything...the feeling of well being! And sometimes even being goofy/silly (more than normal)

Oceana, my adopted daughter, I doubt you have any permanent damage from all the "crap" that you have been putting in your body to try to feel better, but am happy that you are going to see a doc to find out what is going on. Please report back as we all want you happy and healthy.

My report for the day is that my weight is the same, but my fasting glucose went down to 96 and my ketones went UP to .9 today!!!!! I think it's my bulletproof tea and elimination as much as possible of dairy!!! No cheese, no sour cream, no HWC and no cream cheese yesterday....oh, and no fat bombs or cream cheese clouds for 2 days now. I think they somehow sabotaged me??? But I'm happy that I'm finally 2 days into ketosis and wonder if that will continue. Sure hope so. (oh, and I added in salad/veggies as advised to do...so that makes no sense that upping my carbs a bit has caused things to go better in the glucose and ketones, but I'll take it)
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 AM   #813
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anjikun
Hello everybody,

I have been totally offline for a few days (almost a week now, I guess). I tried to catch up on the posts but my head is spinning already--so many pages!

I'm still not feeling well, although the palpitations do seem better (not waking me up as much at night). I was hoping that my doctor would find something on the blood tests she did, but so far nothing. I was actually hoping that my thyroid numbers would be off so I could get some treatment, but everything is "in range" (I even did the freeT3 and T4--had to pay for those--but they are all OK). The doctor thinks I have "chronic fatigue syndrome". I don't even know if I believe in that--it seems like just a description of symptoms that doctors don't understand! So anyway, I'm pretty discouraged.

I've had a few high glucose readings (even though my fasting is normal) so my doctor did order a glucose tolerance test. I haven't done it yet, but I will shortly. That would certainly explain the neuropathy!

Lately I've been eating really out-of-control (including high-carb stuff, though not consistently), so I decided to get back on here and start tracking. I started tracking today with ******. It's hateful, but I figure if I can at least get a handle on my out-of-control eating, that will be something. Then I can work gradually towards NK.

Red, can you run my numbers through your spreadsheet so I have some idea of what I will be shooting for? I am 5 foot 1 and right now I am about 140 I guess. I guess my ideal weight would be 120 or thereabouts, but I'm not real concerned about dropping weight fast.

Now I'm going to go out and get more of the gluten-free broth I was drinking before. Because I'm already having palpitations (and lightheadedness +major fatigue) I want to make sure I keep my sodium up so as not to make things worse. Does anyone know if I should take potassium as well? I have some and I had started taking it, but then the palpitations got really bad and I stopped, thinking that might be part of it. So, I guess I'm sort of scared to take it, and scared not to take it. I'm intending to drop carbs gradually (considering how bad I've been feeling) so it might not be an issue. Honestly, I'm not too sure what to do, so any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Mary
Old 12-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Red, to run my numbers I guess you need to know my wrist measurement: 6 inches, measured on the forearm side of the wrist bones.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #815
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
My report for the day is that my weight is the same, but my fasting glucose went down to 96 and my ketones went UP to .9 today!!!!! I think it's my bulletproof tea and elimination as much as possible of dairy!!! No cheese, no sour cream, no HWC and no cream cheese yesterday....oh, and no fat bombs or cream cheese clouds for 2 days now. I think they somehow sabotaged me??? But I'm happy that I'm finally 2 days into ketosis and wonder if that will continue. Sure hope so. (oh, and I added in salad/veggies as advised to do...so that makes no sense that upping my carbs a bit has caused things to go better in the glucose and ketones, but I'll take it)
Great to hear!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #816
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjikun View Post
I was actually hoping that my thyroid numbers would be off so I could get some treatment, but everything is "in range" (I even did the freeT3 and T4--had to pay for those--but they are all OK). The doctor thinks I have "chronic fatigue syndrome". I don't even know if I believe in that--it seems like just a description of symptoms that doctors don't understand! So anyway, I'm pretty discouraged.
Mary
Hi Mary...good to see you again. The "in range" theory on thyroid testing is HORRIBLE!!!! Yes, I'm yelling! I hate it when docs say that. In range means nothing...it's like you're a little big pregnant.

One of the tests should be middle to low middle and the other should be at the high end. Anything different is "not right" and will not make you feel well.

Geez....after 3 years of struggling to get healthy myself, this just gets me so riled up to see docs continue to use "old school" thinking!

Want to share your test results and the ranges??? You can PM me if you want. I know where they should be.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all!down to 162.4 things going good here!feeling a little stress don't no why.i think it's the rain no sunshine? Going to buy me some vit c today.
that's great becky! you are on a roll!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #818
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
HI everyone

I've been missing due to tummy troubles. Decided I need to see a doctor about it!

I feel like I've taken fiber, softeners, and laxatives for so long that I have done permanent damage.

I'll try to catch up now...

Buffy... LOVE to see your beautiful face
Oceana- I hope you are able to fix the problems and feel better soon!
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
Start Date: 10/29/2012
So my plan was to catch up on ALL the posts I missed b4 posting but its not happening- so hi! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi Mary...good to see you again. The "in range" theory on thyroid testing is HORRIBLE!!!! Yes, I'm yelling! I hate it when docs say that. In range means nothing...it's like you're a little big pregnant.

One of the tests should be middle to low middle and the other should be at the high end. Anything different is "not right" and will not make you feel well.

Geez....after 3 years of struggling to get healthy myself, this just gets me so riled up to see docs continue to use "old school" thinking!

Want to share your test results and the ranges??? You can PM me if you want. I know where they should be.
Thanks so much for your reply. Actually, I would love to run my numbers past you. I decided to put it on the thread, because there are a few people on here with thyroid issues who might find your response useful. So, here they are:

TSH = 1.69 mU/L
T4 Free = 14.9 pmol/L
T3 Free = 3.9 pmol/L

One other thing that makes me wonder is my HbA1c, which is toward the top of the range at 5.7. This is related to blood sugar control, am I right? Does anyone know if this is a good result? I have polyneuropathy, the most common cause of which is diabetes, and it's an early symptom of diabetes, so I figure I should keep an eye on this. I have no idea where it should be though.

Mary
Old 12-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Great new avatar Deborah! You are so photogenic.

Awww, thanx Red. You sure know how to flatter a girl!
Old 12-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
(it came to about 40g total- still not too bad though- def. not mac an cheese and 2 slices of cake Deborah...ahem
Ha ha, laugh it up, guys! Your day will come; you'll see!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #823
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Deborah...I too love your new photo! I love that you change it every now and again as well.
)
Thanx Shelley. I refer to the old ones to stay motivated. There is only a 5 or 6 pound difference from the one I just had up before (which I think is my profile pic now), but it seems my weight looks markedly different in this one. I think I looked healthier in the previous pic...that's probably closer to my true "ideal" weight.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #824
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: vaargen
After a few bad weeks due to sick girlfriend and stress I'm back once again on the low carb wagon. I have mixed my good food with bad stress eating donuts and other bad things, so my weight has been more or less been steady(only gained 2 pounds) but am now 7 days clean.

Have been eating something that is fast to make but that I know that I can eat a few weeks without any problems.

Start the day with one avocado and tea with 2 tsp coconut oil.
Plenty of Pepsi Max and tea(with just a little lactose free milk) during the day.
Then dinner when I'm medium hungry that is 2 packs of bacon(the good kind without any sugar ie really smoked, with only salt and some preservation) and 6 eggs(small) with about 50 gram butter.

Have also had some lindt 85% 1-2 squares per day for treats.

Checked my blood keton level 4 times already, 0.5 on day 2, day 4 1.0 day 6 1.4 and today 1.9 so seems like I have found a good level and that my body don't react badly to the small amount milk or the Pepsi.

Think I get approx 2000 calories per day and 83E% Fat, 16E% Protein and 2E% Carbs.

I'm 38yo, weigh 112kg and am 186cm tall.

Started low-carb 2.5 years ago, went from 125kg->92(started with 2 months low-cal before switching to low-carb), done 2 rounds of P90X but as you can see I put most of the weight back on due to stress and bad eating but really want to break the sugar/carb addict in me.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #825
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
Start Date: Dec 2013
A big hello to everyone. Hope the day is going well for all! Weight stable - no up or down.

I started today with a mental attitude adjustment and went to the Y for a It felt good - treadmill, rowing machine and weight machines. I've been doing water aerobics, which I'm still doing, but had forgotten how good doing the weight machines feel. Bet I'll be sore tomorrow!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #826
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim129 View Post
Hi,

I am new here to the thread & really excited to get started with this woe. I have been doing lc for about 6 weeks now. I have not been watching my calories or protein consumption up to this point. I have been checking my ketones with the urine sticks and have been in ketosis. I checked with my library to see if they have the book but they do not carry it so I will look into ordering it online later today. I would like to start figuring out my macros if anyone would please help me.

Weight 160.2
Height 5'5"
wrist 5 1/4"
Goal body fat 20 - 23%
Age 45

Thanks,

Kim
Red should be able to help you -- he has helped me soooo much! I'm new this month also.

Arlene
Old 12-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #827
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Hiya vaargen
Old 12-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #828
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
HI everyone

I've been missing due to tummy troubles. Decided I need to see a doctor about it!
When do you see the doc Oceana? Sorry you are still feeling bad!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks so much for your reply. Actually, I would love to run my numbers past you. I decided to put it on the thread, because there are a few people on here with thyroid issues who might find your response useful. So, here they are:

TSH = 1.69 mU/L
T4 Free = 14.9 pmol/L
T3 Free = 3.9 pmol/L

One other thing that makes me wonder is my HbA1c, which is toward the top of the range at 5.7. This is related to blood sugar control, am I right? Does anyone know if this is a good result? I have polyneuropathy, the most common cause of which is diabetes, and it's an early symptom of diabetes, so I figure I should keep an eye on this. I have no idea where it should be though.

Mary
DRAT..wrote a long reply and got cut off and I'm off to a meeting, but wanted to tell you that I need the ranges for your results. Every lab has different ranges and need to see where in those ranges you lie!

My Ha1bc is 5.8...doc thought that was just fine. But with no grains or sugars? I still think it's high so am monitoring my own fasting B/G every morning to make sure it says below the 120 reading she said would be more worrisome (and I hit that and 125 on 2 days...but now am in the 90's, so being very careful is paying off).

I'll check back later tonight to see if you posted the ranges.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #830
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi,

Weight 160.2
Height 5'5"
wrist 5 1/4"
Goal body fat 20 - 23%
Age 45

Thanks,

Kim
5 days a week of moderate to high intensity workout? How long have you been doing that? How long per day? What type of exercise are you doing?

You've been doing that *and* you are stuck at 160?

No health issues or medications?

Do you have some way to measure your BF% as you go? What is it currently?

Which book?

The Performance book's formula for protein is pretty straight forward for you:

[using 23% BF]
129*(1-.23) = 99.33
99.33*.6 = 59.58

Protein range is 59.58 to 99.33 for 23% BF.
Protein range is 61.92 to 103.2 for 20% BF.

I put an example of how to use it (although there is a typo dang it) in the intro post:

High Fat NK 80/15/5 - December Version

Old 12-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #831
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Awww, thanx Red. You sure know how to flatter a girl!
lol you deserve to be flattered. Go punch Mr. tLG in the arm and demand some flattery!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #832
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hello everybody,

I have been totally offline for a few days (almost a week now, I guess). I tried to catch up on the posts but my head is spinning already--so many pages!

I'm still not feeling well, although the palpitations do seem better (not waking me up as much at night). I was hoping that my doctor would find something on the blood tests she did, but so far nothing. I was actually hoping that my thyroid numbers would be off so I could get some treatment, but everything is "in range" (I even did the freeT3 and T4--had to pay for those--but they are all OK). The doctor thinks I have "chronic fatigue syndrome". I don't even know if I believe in that--it seems like just a description of symptoms that doctors don't understand! So anyway, I'm pretty discouraged.

I've had a few high glucose readings (even though my fasting is normal) so my doctor did order a glucose tolerance test. I haven't done it yet, but I will shortly. That would certainly explain the neuropathy!

Lately I've been eating really out-of-control (including high-carb stuff, though not consistently), so I decided to get back on here and start tracking. I started tracking today with ******. It's hateful, but I figure if I can at least get a handle on my out-of-control eating, that will be something. Then I can work gradually towards NK.

Red, can you run my numbers through your spreadsheet so I have some idea of what I will be shooting for? I am 5 foot 1 and right now I am about 140 I guess. I guess my ideal weight would be 120 or thereabouts, but I'm not real concerned about dropping weight fast.

Now I'm going to go out and get more of the gluten-free broth I was drinking before. Because I'm already having palpitations (and lightheadedness +major fatigue) I want to make sure I keep my sodium up so as not to make things worse. Does anyone know if I should take potassium as well? I have some and I had started taking it, but then the palpitations got really bad and I stopped, thinking that might be part of it. So, I guess I'm sort of scared to take it, and scared not to take it. I'm intending to drop carbs gradually (considering how bad I've been feeling) so it might not be an issue. Honestly, I'm not too sure what to do, so any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Mary
Quote:
Red, to run my numbers I guess you need to know my wrist measurement: 6 inches, measured on the forearm side of the wrist bones.

Hi Mary

You are going through a lot right now so the health part needs the focus but it sounds like that is your plan

Your frame size, large, puts you in this range for ideal weight - 125-140 - so I split the difference.

Goal Weight: 133

Exercise Page:
(x/2.2)*1.2 = 73
(x/2.2)*1.5 = 91
(x/2.2)*1.8 = 109

Dr. Phinney's recommendation is 1.5g/kg that results in 91g protein daily.

I stopped right there because the rest isn't important right now for you. Just try to keep your protein at or close to goal and eat fat to satiety keeping carbs as low as you can but under 50g total at any rate.

Just in passing, Phinney said that thyroid medication can be very tricky to fine tune and it being out of whack can greatly affect your results not just with NK but LC in general (to paraphrase him). Is it possible to get a second opinion?

Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #833
Junior LCF Member

Hi Red,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't been stuck at 160. I just arrived at 160 I have been losing weight and inches by eating low carb. I tend to eat higher fat because I just feel better when I do. It cuts my cravings. I found this site today and began reading up on nutritional ketosis. I am going to purchase the book The Art And Science Of Low Carbohydrate Performance. I read about that here. My exercise program: I work out with a trainer 5 days a week. I've been working on getting in shape now for the last 6 weeks. Things are going great for me with the low carb but like I said I tend to eat a lot of fat so when I found this site I was excited. My husband was worried that I was eating too much fat. Now after the information I found here on this site I feel much better about my fat consumption.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #834
Blabbermouth!!!

heh The Mamas And The Papas are getting before my time. I'm surprised that I didn't hear more of them but I wasn't really aware of music till the late 70s and they weren't getting very much air play by then.

I have to say, though, that Mama Cass had an extraordinary voice!

That song Dream A Little Dream??? Wow! I never heard of it before the movie of that title introduced it to me (that had the two Coreys in it).
Old 12-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #835
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi Red,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't been stuck at 160. I just arrived at 160 I have been losing weight and inches by eating low carb. I tend to eat higher fat because I just feel better when I do. It cuts my cravings. I found this site today and began reading up on nutritional ketosis. I am going to purchase the book The Art And Science Of Low Carbohydrate Performance. I read about that here. My exercise program: I work out with a trainer 5 days a week. I've been working on getting in shape now for the last 6 weeks. Things are going great for me with the low carb but like I said I tend to eat a lot of fat so when I found this site I was excited. My husband was worried that I was eating too much fat. Now after the information I found here on this site I feel much better about my fat consumption.
Heck yeah! Sounds like you are kicking butt already!

I would just moderate my protein to your BF% goal (as I put in that other post) and keep the rest of what you are doing the same until you can really dig into it and fine tune it with the Performance book. I bet your protein is already falling into that range though. I should have asked in the last post, but you do log your food?

Fat. It is good for you. Avoid the PUFAs as much as possible. You need a tiny bit of PUFA but you will get that from the high Mono and Saturated fat sources.

Have you discovered organic coconut oil yet? Super stuff!

Is your trainer LC friendly? Maybe you can recommend the Performance book to that person?

Anyway, if you are doing great now I'd hesitate to make any big changes - NK or no NK. And if you do make any changes you need to be real patient and keep the changes simple and singular - don't change too much at one time. Then if you have bad feedback you can easily back out that change and try another change.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #836
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
lol you deserve to be flattered. Go punch Mr. tLG in the arm and demand some flattery!
In that regard, I have to admit I have nothing to complain about. He compliments me at least once at some point every day.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #837
Junior LCF Member

Hi Red,

I think I am understanding this. I was reading the notes that you pointed me to. Would you please look this over to be sure I am understanding correctly.
Goal weight is 129 so my daily calories are 129/2.2 x 35 for a total of 2052 calories daily.
87 grams of protein which equals about 352 calories from protein which is 17%. Fat is 189 grams which is 1700 calories and equals 82% of my calories.

Thanks so much ;0)

Kim
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #838
Junior LCF Member

Red,

Sorry to keep bothering you with this. I received your post after I had posted my last response. Based on the numbers you gave me for bf% I should be at no more than 103 grams of protein which is 412 calories and 20% of my daily calories. The rest is fat. EVCO ~ I love the stuff. I eat it with cocoa powder and Xylitol - frozen into little bite size pieces. Up to this point I only made sure my net carbs were below 20. Tomorrow I am going to track everything to see where I am at.

Thanks for all the information and help!

Kim
Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #839
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Red,

Sorry to keep bothering you with this. I received your post after I had posted my last response. Based on the numbers you gave me for bf% I should be at no more than 103 grams of protein which is 412 calories and 20% of my daily calories. The rest is fat. EVCO ~ I love the stuff. I eat it with cocoa powder and Xylitol - frozen into little bite size pieces. Up to this point I only made sure my net carbs were below 20. Tomorrow I am going to track everything to see where I am at.

Thanks for all the information and help!

Kim
No bother!

Well, you said 20 to 23 percent BF so I just went with the higher number

Your trainer suggested 20-23% BF? It looks like a fairly aggressive target. From what you've said though it also sounds like you have a great trainer that is working very well with you as a partner/mentor for getting fit.

Your situation is a bit unique because of the amount of exercise you are doing. You didn't mention how many hours a day you are doing.

But a lot of exercise means you need to be very flexible with your caloric goal. Depending on the type and the daily length(time) you may need to moderate your calories (because of the slowed metabolism effect) or you may need to increase your calories (because of the activity level and muscle mass accretion) so that you are not greatly under-consuming or greatly over-consuming calories.

So the 20%, for you particularly, is meaningless. See?

I am not an exercise person and I have not read the Performance book but clearly for your situation that is the appropriate route - read and follow the athletic focused path of that book.

Given your success so far, I'd use your current calorie level as your start point and ignore that information from the intro post.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #840
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi all, wow, the days are getting busy. I wish things would calm this time of year, but no way that's happening!
Hi Mizz...we look forward to you joining us in Texas, and you need the break. Now, be careful on brazil nuts, they are loaded with minerals, and taking supplements AND eating more than two a day is not necessarily a good thing. Men should eat two a day!
Hi Becky, how's the new shop? You are doing so good, keep it up. That rain whipped by us way too fast, maybe it's gone from you now too.
Oh Darin! I love Tom Petty....and Fleetwood Mac, love them; and Blues, Jazz....the Eagles are so good, last year DH stuffed my stocking with their last collection! Now, I agree with what is it called, Country Rock?? Ouch. I tolerate the opening bands, to be nice and not walk around...but ouch. I am really looking forward to the Clapton thing....I think there are more than 10 playing...Brad Paisley can really play that guitar!
Buffy, bet you are going to be some tired come Christmas Eve! But this is great! What your house must smell like? I love it! I ate corned beef rolled with swiss cheese last week...bumped up and bloated out (ring test) for two days. It was worth it.
Hi Blonde! glad you joined the "really feel good club"...that is such a great thing about this WOE.
Oceana, I was wondering where you were! Remember you are young, the body is tolerant, I don't take fiber anymore, made me sick...and stopped me up!
Hi Kim, welcome! we are about the same size, I am 5'4", wrist is 5"1/4 too...heh heh I am not 45, but 51, that is years in womentime! That goal weight is a bit above mine, at 120. Sounds reasonable. I have 7 more lbs to hit goal....measured in micrograms down I think....
Hi Shelley! Sounds like you are finding a link. Gee, I really need to remove some of those too...but what would I eat??? I live on cream cheese at work....up to 4oz a day. My mornings are HWC in coffee and tea. But this is something to think on.
Hi Mary, we missed you. CFS...not certain I sign on with that either....it's a catchall-I-don't-know-what-is-wrong-with-you thing. Have you logged the palpitations? Clocked the number/minute? Labs will likely not tell you anything that connects to this. EKGs are only good if you are having issues - palpitations at the time of the test. Far reaching, but if you are having issues with neuropathy, and palpitations...have you considered an electrophysiological issue? Your wiring....per se. Cardiologist would be the best place to go next. I would not supplement potassium at this point, get your broth up, and if you are going back on NK, let that start, get the carb flu out of the way, then consider it after you work through those changes. Palpitations are not normal at rest. Do you track BP?
Hi Sophie, how are you doing?
Hi Tablis, catching up here can be tough! How are you?
Deborah, you are funny, but yes, we will all have our days!
Welcome Vaargen! 2 pkgs of bacon! Wow. Sounds tasty, but I will start retaining water if I think too much on that!
Hi Arlene! I miss the rowing machine...swoooshhhh! I could really think about nothing on that thing!
Closed Thread