Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #781
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
That's what is happening to me with the strips. Sometimes - nothing even tho I'm eating right. Thinking I ought to save my money and get a meter and a few strips.

Re hot flashes. It's been many years since I stopped having TOM, but I never had hot flashes. I must have been soooo lucky!

Arlene
Then I'd say that the "heat" is from the thermogenic effect of the eating. It's different in how it feels from a "hot flash" for sure.

Thanks for the hint on the kale chips...rubbing them with CO....makes perfect sense. I'm hoping to find some kale today at one of the grocery stores.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
That would've been a hoot! All my grandparents/g-grandparents on both sides of the family are deceased now, with the exception of my mother's mom. Where are you from?
I know....I debated about whether to post or not, but figured what the heck. We're all family here. I was born and raised in California (bay area)
Old 12-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well -- I did it. Ordered my free Nova Max Plus Meter with 2 free test strips. It will be interesting.

Arlene
When I ordered mine, it took 3 weeks to arrive....so be patient!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #784
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Wow, you guys are so chatty! I love it, but I've missed too much that I can't possibly wade through everything, so I will be commenting as y'all post new things today. I hope you all are doing great!

Last night I went to a party. For some reason, it really seemed like an awesome idea to eat a LOT of mac-n-cheese and two slices of birthday cake. At the time, it was great. I think I had a bit of a carb buzz going on!

A couple of hours later, though, things took a turn for the worst. Things are just settling down now and my tummy is just super upset. Learned my lesson about going on a carb binge! I AM trying to gain a couple of pounds back, but want to do it through eating more vegetables and starting to eat fruit sometimes.

Today, though, won't be consuming much of anything except water until my tummy settles back down.

Hope all of you are having a much better Monday!!!!
Great new avatar Deborah! You are so photogenic. Would you consider dawning a red wig and some man clothes to pose as me?

Ugh!! on the carb bingeing! bingeeeyeng man that word still looks weird.

Maybe berries but I wouldn't add back the rest of the sugar bomb family of fruits. LC friendly veggies are good. You need to up your calories.

I think I'd eat more protein if I had to choose just because you eat very low cal and you may need the protein more than other stuff.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #785
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
WELL -- maybe this is working. Scales this morning are -2. I've really worked the last few days on my macros and eating to the middle range of my calories. Full, but OK. It's been a week since I got my numbers from Red and started. Honestly thought I was going to be trying to eat so much.

I'm not back to where I started this but only 1 lb over. 164. now 165.

It's raining here so planning to clean -- first the bathroom, with lots and lots of stretching. That'll help!!
Have a good one, all

Oh, a question, how do I put in a signature line. I think I've gone through all the tools, but don't find. Thanks
Congrats!!!

If you are at or near the floor level and full you are good to go! Even if the calorie level makes your macro ratios hinky.

Here is a thread on sig lines and sig pictures Arlene

Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!)
Old 12-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #786
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Wildflower, I think there is a minimum post requirement to add a signature line. I think it is 60 but someone may correct me.
Thanks!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #787
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Congrats!!!

Here is a thread on sig lines and sig pictures Arlene

Instructions on how to add a ticker into your signature (pictures included!)
Thanks Red --don't think I have enough time or post. I can't even figure out how to do a 'signature' line. Maybe it will give me an option when I read 60 days and 60 posts.

Last edited by wildflower; 12-10-2012 at 11:21 AM..
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #788
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
macros for today
Calories 1,543
Fat 139.2 1,226 79%
Carbohydrate 12.4 45 3%
Protein 64.1 271 18%

i feel good about them. I was busy all day which really helped! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Sophie I think that's the numbers that I like too.ithink I will try rotate my cals around like 1400-1500 I do the best there.
Thanks red yes you are right 40 lbs in 5 mo is pretty good.ill take it now just 28 more to go I no they will be slower.but it's ok
Old 12-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Hi all! Was busy all day, just had a big dinner and am full.

Macros:
1475 calories/78%F/16%P/6%C
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #791
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Red --don't think I have enough time or post. I can't even figure out how to do a 'signature' line. Maybe it will give me an option when I read 60 days and 60 posts.
Someone may have already answered this, but I believe it's 25 posts and 25 days, not 60.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #792
Senior LCF Member

Sophie, Becky and Mizzcase.....love your macros for the day!!!! Good going!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #793
Senior LCF Member

Deborah...I too love your new photo! I love that you change it every now and again as well.

Buffy...how is the toffee coming along. I was dreaming about it last night! :-) (actually I could smell it in my dream!)
Old 12-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
A few days back, the question came up of Vit C and does it impact weight loss. Interesting info so far... People with adequate levels of VitC in their systems oxidize 30% more fat during exercise and rest--so it correlates with lower BF, not necessarily weight loss (I know, that's yet another budding discussion!!). This involved taking the VitC in the morning, not evening. With that study was L-carnitine, which is produced in the liver & kidneys, stored in skeletal muscles, heart, brain....it is important for turning fat into energy, and it is activated by Vit C (I take two a day of this supplement L-carnitine). Vit C is an essential cofactor for the biosynthesis of a small protein-like molecule known as L-carnitine. L-carnitine functions to shuttle fat molecules to the site of fat oxidation in tissue cells. When cells do not have access to fat molecules, feelings of fatigue start, since energy metabolism is affected. Moreover, fat tends to accumulate in tissues when L-carnitine concentrations are reduced.
More research showed that keeping the body suppplied with VitC is essential to reducing waist circumference and BMI....note one-a-day won't work for this. Vit C is an antioxidant, so it is vital to protect cells from damage, issue repair and growth. Vit C can also help manage BS levels. It provides protection against immune system deficiencies (especially when we wreck it with stress!), cardiovascular disease (research is ongoing as to a stroke reduction as well), prenatal health problems, eye disease, reduces inflammation, and even our favorite "girl" issue, skin wrinkling!! New cancer research is "hot" with IV Absorbic Acid therapy too....! Unfortunately, mainstream media and health professionals still claim that you can get all you need from foods....not with our current depleted soils and contaminated waters. So, for a cheap vitamin, and little in the negative, it may help with our mission here!
Thanks SouthernGirl. I know this, I have felt awesome since I upped my Vitamin C. I have gone wide open all day today. I just got back from christmas shopping after working all day and only got a 30 min break at nap today. And I am still dancing around like a crazy person. Used to be worn out way before now.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #795
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Someone may have already answered this, but I believe it's 25 posts and 25 days, not 60.
Oh, the instructions Red referred me to said 60 days. I'm not even to 25, so I have a ways to go. I'm assuming that the ability to enter a siggy will show up in my user control panel.

D** -- I'm no good at this! Guess I just need to keep typing my name!

Arlene
Old 12-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #796
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
ct you are my little island of sanity on some days
Now Darin! that is a first for me...usually I am the one putting someone on the island OF insanity! Comes with the job! ct
Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to all...
Dazy, on one of these long threads, no clue when, likely Nov...I posted info on brain NK being superior to carb brains. We have a higher level of clear thinking, logic with using fat/protein to make glucose instead of providing it with high carbs. The body has to work harder too, thus increasing the metabolism. Win-win. Stress produces a bunch of cortisol, and that isn't good for anything. Constant adrenal surges will drain from your reasoning skills, and put your body into the motion skills.
hi Becky! Gum seems to trigger me, and it sure didn't help my gums! You have really done so great! What an accomplishment.
Hi Arlene. congrats, good number!
Hi Cici, hope you are doing good today!
Deborah, the pic is great, love the dress! I could get sick right with you just thinking about the last time I "fell off the wagon" and mercy was I sick....way back last January, cookies....get some crispy apples, that will help with the nausea, gerd, and they have low glycemic affect on BS too.
Sophie, I had delish carrots too, lightly cooked with butter. I realize they are thought to be off-limits, but they are high-fiber, and sometimes I need them. My doggies stand in line for theirs too!
Buffy, carb lake, too funny! Certainly we feel like we are swimming the next day, in the brain fog. Vitamin C...depending what you take now, start with 1000mg in the morning. Then give it a few days, increase to 1000 at lunch....wait a week since you have had sensitive issues before with vitamins...then add another 1000 at evening. if you want to do the 2000, then stick there a while. I feel that I have a line-up of supplements now...I have to count them out in the evening to take with me in the morning...then just take with food all during the day. I hope your UTIs have gone away too!
Darin, can you honestly believe what they have done to NASA....we have gone with the girls so many times, it is great. I think folks don't realize what all NASA does? Ah, my songs! Leather & Lace, how did you know!? I mix it all up, we made several concerts this summer, favorites were Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney! Stevie needs to come back to the road! Just got DH tickets to guitar fest....Eric Clapton.
Shelley, every time I have CO I feel that heart rate increase and stay warm, wonderful warm for a while. I wait for a hot flash, how is that the only PM symptom I missed???
Hi Mizz, hoping your tummy is settling down now? Studying with less stress?
Funny Cheryl! I feel the same way after taking Vit C...it's like an energy boost! at least the L-carnitine isn't a huge horse pill either! I hate those! If the world were perfect all vitamins would dissolve under my tongue and taste wonderful, with no sugar!
time to shop...feet up, tea warm and this is shopping!

Last edited by SouthernGirl61; 12-10-2012 at 07:40 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #798
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Shelley, every time I have CO I feel that heart rate increase and stay warm, wonderful warm for a while. I wait for a hot flash, how is that the only PM symptom I missed???
Oh you lucky duck you!!!!!! YOu surely didn't miss anything that you'd want to have!!!!

I love how you are shopping tonight! Sounds good.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all, the thread is quiet this morning! SG, thanks for asking, I started feeling much better this weekend. I got nauseous right after one of my finals, so I'm almost positive its due to stress. 4 more finals (2 more today, 2 more tomorrow), then we are headed to Texas for 3 weeks of relaxation and family.. Can't wait!

In other news, no more nuts in the house except for macadamias (its the only nut I have control over).. I went crazy on the brazil nuts last night, oops.

How is everyone today?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:56 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all!down to 162.4 things going good here!feeling a little stress don't no why.i think it's the rain no sunshine? Going to buy me some vit c today.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #801
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Ah, my songs! Leather & Lace, how did you know!? I mix it all up, we made several concerts this summer, favorites were Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney! Stevie needs to come back to the road! Just got DH tickets to guitar fest....Eric Clapton.
NUTS!!! I completely forgot about the duet Stop Dragging My Heart Around - which was with Tom Petty. So, that puts Picture at 3rd place lol.

And dang it I said her and Tom Petty for Leather and Lace when it was with Don Henley. I have a mental block on that because I thought her voice and Tom Petty's were so perfect together. But I really like Tom Petty. Don Henley is more of a meh for me but he does have some great songs and a lot of talent. Who doesn't like the Eagles?

But Stevie Nicks (with and without Fleetwood Mac) had so many excellent songs - Sara, Landslide, Edge of Seventeen, Standback, and on and on.

Clapton. He has so many excellent songs but I think the one that I like best is Wonderful Tonight.

I still haven't forgiven the country music industry for that gawd awful 'young country' crap they foisted on the public 15 or 20 years ago.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all!down to 162.4 things going good here!feeling a little stress don't no why.i think it's the rain no sunshine? Going to buy me some vit c today.

Good job, Becky!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Mizz..I am going to get those nuts out of house too.
I used to live near ft steward.we go to BurswickGa all the time to h daughter lives there ,she is a fed police office there!will be going there in jan..
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 AM   #804
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning

It is quiet in here!

Albertson's has choice T-Bones on for $5.99 a pound - ends today.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Great!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #806
Major LCF Poster!

Red buy me a couple of lbs be there soon to get them
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

heh sure
Old 12-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #808
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning! I am here but going to be hit or miss the next couple of weeks. My little home toffee business has kind of exploded on me this year. I just started selling it last year and gave away a lot for people to sample, well, this year, the repeat orders and new orders are flooding in and several are ordering 12-24-36 of things to give to co-workers, friends, etc. Just takes a little more time packaging than just fixing up a lb or 2 tin at a time. Dh keeps samples with him and whenever he is somewhere and chatting to people, he brings it out, last night he was at our local pub and got 4 orders plus a business card for someone else that I am to call. So, I am knee deep in toffee that I can't even eat, although I do still do the teeny test taste on each batch. Quality control you know.

Had a .4 bounce this moring but ate some corned beef yesterday so was happy to think it was just the salt.

I had forgotten about the warmth that the CO added when you first start consuming it in larger quantities. I had that but don't anymore.

My biggest problem now is having time to fix things to eat and eating enough, I just don't have much of an appetite and need to have meat ready to go when I take time to eat. Going to pick up a lb of brisket today, that always helps to have on hand.

So happy to see so many of you doing well, just don't get sidetracked with the holiday goodies and by Jan. 1 we will all be just a little thinner and so happy we didn't cave in.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #809
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
NUTS!!! I completely forgot about the duet Stop Dragging My Heart Around - which was with Tom Petty. So, that puts Picture at 3rd place lol.

And dang it I said her and Tom Petty for Leather and Lace when it was with Don Henley. I have a mental block on that because I thought her voice and Tom Petty's were so perfect together. But I really like Tom Petty. Don Henley is more of a meh for me but he does have some great songs and a lot of talent. Who doesn't like the Eagles?

But Stevie Nicks (with and without Fleetwood Mac) had so many excellent songs - Sara, Landslide, Edge of Seventeen, Standback, and on and on.

Clapton. He has so many excellent songs but I think the one that I like best is Wonderful Tonight.

I still haven't forgiven the country music industry for that gawd awful 'young country' crap they foisted on the public 15 or 20 years ago.

Red, I agree with you on all except Don Henley, he really does it for me. Yeah, country music took a turn for the worse back then and became so "formula'd" It made me mad to listen.

Buffy congrats on the toffee biz! Next year you may have to rent an industrial kitchen!

Mizz~ glad you're feeling better!

Portcop~ Congrats on the loss!

Hello Shelley, SouthernGirl, Wildflower, Cici!!!

I'm here and there lurking about. Logging my food and working hard to hit my numbers. I feel really good. No cravings. No depression. Gotta love that!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html
Old 12-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
Start Date: July 2010
HI everyone

I've been missing due to tummy troubles. Decided I need to see a doctor about it!

I feel like I've taken fiber, softeners, and laxatives for so long that I have done permanent damage.

I'll try to catch up now...

Buffy... LOVE to see your beautiful face
Closed Thread