Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #571
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Sorry Melissa, I have no idea

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Red I have looked for beef jerky ever were even trader joe all have sugar help does any one no were I can buy some without. Don't care about cost there is so many times I'm out and nothing to eat! red what about pork rinds sometimes they stall me but its protein think that would be ok got get my protein up..last night I had a diet rite taste good but I wa up ,2 this morning plus right before I went to bed I craved something sweet!!!o I no why I gained,my h was setting here eating potato chips from pa.O they looked so good so I set here and thought in my mind I was eating them too,boy was they good,so see I don't have to eat them to gain weight just think of them hehehe.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #573
Major LCF Poster!

Ok I just found a recipe for home made I'm going to try it!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:36 AM   #574
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Ok I just found a recipe for home made I'm going to try it!
That's a great idea! Tell us how it goes. I love jerky but gave it up with NK (since I will overeat it and do too much protein).
Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #575
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
good morning. up a pound from yesterday friday's are my official weigh in days...the one that 'counts'. i am the same weight today as i was last friday, in spite of hitting a low during the week. but do feel i have lost some in the inches category. will just keep plugging along. have several 'social' things in the next few weeks as i am sure everyone will. not going to sweat it if they aren't very 'NK'. will be happy to maintain, i guess thru all the social stuff.
If you are the same weight you were on your last official weigh-in day then you are not up a pound lol

The cool thing about yesterday's lower weight is that you know that the scale is lying to you today.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #576
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Red I have looked for beef jerky ever were even trader joe all have sugar help does any one no were I can buy some without. Don't care about cost there is so many times I'm out and nothing to eat! red what about pork rinds sometimes they stall me but its protein think that would be ok got get my protein up..last night I had a diet rite taste good but I wa up ,2 this morning plus right before I went to bed I craved something sweet!!!o I no why I gained,my h was setting here eating potato chips from pa.O they looked so good so I set here and thought in my mind I was eating them too,boy was they good,so see I don't have to eat them to gain weight just think of them hehehe.
lol

Well. You may not find one that is completely SF. As long as the carbs are right then I wouldn't worry too much about the sugar because it should be low enough to not matter. Unless you are super sensitive to sugar maybe.

Pork rinds are great. Super high protein but a 2oz bag of those with the 4oz of meat that you ate would have put you around 65g of protein for the day. Another 2oz bag as a snack and you'd have been at about 90g for the day. They are high fat too so they should keep you comfortably full along with the BPC.

The only thing about rinds, for me at least, is that it is so easy to over eat them. But the 2oz bags are easy to get anywhere aren't they? Or measure out a couple 2oz baggies before you leave the house.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #577
Major LCF Poster!

Greatred that's what I'll do
Old 12-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #578
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
If you are the same weight you were on your last official weigh-in day then you are not up a pound lol

The cool thing about yesterday's lower weight is that you know that the scale is lying to you today.
thanks!

my low was earlier in the week, tho. but i get what you're saying. i still view it as no loss tho.

i am going ot lower my protein back to what i was originally doing 62-65ish. i wonder if i was eating too much. will keep cals up tho, 1900-2100.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #579
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
thanks!

my low was earlier in the week, tho. but i get what you're saying. i still view it as no loss tho.

i am going ot lower my protein back to what i was originally doing 62-65ish. i wonder if i was eating too much. will keep cals up tho, 1900-2100.
We are all N of 1

If you are going to tweak, I'd keep the protein and lower the fat and calories. That is, protect your LBM and eat fat to satiety but don't worry if your macro is whacked and lower your calorie goal if you want to.

I looked back at your earlier posts. You do a lot of aerobic activity for work - lots of being on your feet (walking too I assume?) and some stair climbing thrown in.

Perhaps your resting metabolism is affected? In that case, you would be a person that might need lower calories to lose weight.

You are seesawing right now on weight, right? Up/down/up/down a few pounds?

If that is right, your resting metabolism reflects the aerobic nature of your job, then a good plan is protein to goal, minimal carbs, fat to satiety where ever that falls with regard to fat%.

That may produce a stall in which case you'd tighten the belt and actually restrict calories if satiety induced restriction doesn't happen. Or just jump right to restricting calories since you already know your current calorie intake and how it is working out.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:33 AM   #580
Blabbermouth!!!

If you are logging that jerky and it is <1g carbs I'd count it as 1g just for a safety margin.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:37 AM   #581
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ok, now you've confused me a bit.

i thought we wanted to keep protein at the required amount (for me: 135*(1-.24)*0.6 = 62g protein) and calories at least at goal weight calories (for me: goal wt kg * 35 = 2147)? you have mentioned that unless we want to train out bodies to eat a low cals for the rest life, then it's best to eat at the 35cal/kg of goal wt?

isn't 2147 for a goal wt of 135 already eating at a deficit for my current weight? and i am staying slightly under that.

Last edited by dazygyrl; 12-07-2012 at 07:40 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #582
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning everyone. Well, looks like I was a day late coming to the party but I finally had a new low this morning, 191! I was super happy, my last new low had been on Thanksgiving day so it had been just long enough that I was getting frustrated, plus, just that little worry that this wasn't working for me or that I was doing something wrong. I needed to see this. Like I have said before, I am ok with losing slowly, but I do need to see a new low once in a while.

Still don't feel good, sinus cavities are all stuffed up, so called the Dr. again and hope they will call in an antibiotic, I really think I have sinus infection now. I need to feel as good as possible, the next 2 weeks are super packed for me. Finish up Christmas shopping and, I make and sell Toffee at Christmas. I have made it for years and my friends begged for it, finally started selling it last year and gave a lot away as samples and sold quite a bit, pleasantly surprised to be getting lots and lots of repeat orders this year plus some new ones. Have been selling since before Thanksgiving but the next 2 weeks will be the busiest.

Last edited by Buffy45; 12-07-2012 at 07:40 AM..
Old 12-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #583
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning everyone. Well, looks like I was a day late coming to the party but I finally had a new low this morning, 191! I was super happy, my last new low had been on Thanksgiving day so it had been just long enough that I was getting frustrated, plus, just that little worry that this wasn't working for me or that I was doing something wrong. I needed to see this. Like I have said before, I am ok with losing slowly, but I do need to see a new low once in a while.

Still don't feel good, sinus cavities are all stuffed up, so called the Dr. again and hope they will call in an antibiotic, I really think I have sinus infection now. I need to feel as good as possible, the next 2 weeks are super packed for me. Finish up Christmas shopping and, I make and sell Toffee at Christmas. I have made it for years and my friends begged for it, finally started selling it last year and gave a lot away as samples and sold quite a bit, pleasantly surprised to be getting lots and lots of repeat orders this year plus some new ones. Have been selling since before Thanksgiving but the next 2 weeks will be the busiest.
Hi Buffy,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling 100%, but am SO glad to hear about your new low. That's always exciting.

Also, I'd be happy to volunteer as your quality control taste tester for your toffee. I'll be forwarding my address shortly!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #584
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
ok, now you've confused me a bit.

i thought we wanted to keep protein at the required amount (for me: 135*(1-.24)*0.6 = 62g protein) and calories at least at goal weight calories (for me: goal wt kg * 35 = 2147)? you have mentioned that unless we want to train out bodies to eat a low cals for the rest life, then it's best to eat at the 35cal/kg of goal wt?

isn't 2147 for a goal wt of 135 already eating at a deficit for my current weight? and i am staying slightly under that.
Yes, calories at goal level is correct. But if it isn't working for you then it is time to tweak and fat/calories are the only place to tweak if your protein is correct and carbs are low.

Yes, one of JM's guest said that you can calibrate your body to be low cal and then face being low cal from there on out so it is important not to train your body that way.

So far I have not hear any person on JM's show or in an LC book endorse very low calorie LC. Quite the contrary, with the 1200 number that often appears on this forum (and elsewhere) as being too low for almost everyone without a doctor's supervision.

If 35kCal is not working but everything else is as correct as you can make it then the only place to go is down. Slowly.

The ideal situation would result in eating as much as you can while still losing weight. That sounds like 'of course' but that is not so obvious because many people automatically jump to very low calories. Very few people slowly tweak calories down, no?

And Phinney's 35kCal is not going to work for someone that, for whatever reason - work, exercise, sedentary nature, has a slow resting metabolism. I know I am very sedentary so I use the 30kCal as my minimum and if I stay in the range of 30-35kCal for 160 pounds then I feel good about it.

But the idea is to start at the right level and work down if needed.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #585
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hooray!!!! Congrats Buffy!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #586
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Hi Buffy,

Sorry to hear you are not feeling 100%, but am SO glad to hear about your new low. That's always exciting.

Also, I'd be happy to volunteer as your quality control taste tester for your toffee. I'll be forwarding my address shortly!
Deborah, I was always happy to do quality control on it in years past and never ever got tired of it, but this year, one teeny little bite out of each batch and it has to be packaged up immediately!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #587
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Red, I was wondering when that next low would plop in.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #588
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 147/143/128
WOE: LC
I had a .20 bump from yesterday. I'm down 1.4 from last Friday, up .50 from my weekly low. I've had a couple of appts after work this week, so two takeout meals and a lunch out. So all & all I'm pretty happy. I’m also finding this to be a WOE that allows for a life. That in its self is pretty darn exciting!

How everyone has a great Friday!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #589
Blabbermouth!!!

Hafta reboot to windows to unlock my external hard drive. Gonna see if my before pictures are on there. I think they are.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks, darin. that's just it...i have no clue what my resting metabolism is. so i think i will just stick with the 30-35 cal/kg. even the 30 cal is higher than 1200-1300 that i was trying to lose with previously.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #591
Blabbermouth!!!

Just set your current calorie level as a ceiling and set your floor, say, 500 cals lower and eat in that range. That'd be 1400-1900 right? I think your fat macro as a ratio will still be in the 60s.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #592
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:

Congrats and feel better! Is the toffee low carb?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #593
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Congrats and feel better! Is the toffee low carb?
Uh, wellll, uh sure, it is low carb, low fat, low calorie and sugar free!!! That must be why I sell pounds and pounds of it each year and could also be why I ended up weighing over 200 lbs, LOL.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #594
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Morning everyone
158 again this am
I get to wear my jommies all day. Hheheheeh
Polar Express Day.
My little are so excited and hey so am I.
When the Hot chocolat part comes On I have them Hot chocolate all ready and I wisk it out to them just like Tom Hanks in the movie. (Well thats how it looks in my head)
I am a big dork ya know.
Well I gotta get to work making my house look like a train.
I love this!! So sweet
Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #595
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
I love this!! So sweet

I meant to comment on this as well, that is such a great day
Old 12-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Southern Girl- Hot yoga is yoga that is practiced in the heat- usually 104degrees Farenheit and around 50% humidity. It is a great way to get a good cardiovascular workout with very low impact (good for me w/my bad knees). You sweat a ton, and get rid of all these toxins- and you feel amazing afterwards!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Southern Girl. I used to take a lot of VIt D but I heard a jimmy moore podcast with Jenny Rhul. She said she had ruined her Blood pressure by taking to much Vit D. Arthesoshche ...something of her arteries of something.
Anyway I got skeered and laid off the VitD
I loved it cause I had this terrible plantar wart and finally got rid of it with 4 vit D 2000Iu per day.
What ya think, is it safe to take 2 a day or 1 or so?
Hey Cheryl. May not be popular to say here, but seek more resources than Jimmy Moore's podcast for decisions, or medical information in general. I have nothing against him, but there's a lot of information out from good medical websites available. That said, throw the darts!!!!
Too much of any vitamin is not a good thing. You can get too much Vit D3---if you try really hard. 4x2ooo per day for how long?? 8000mg supplement is a bit high for more than a couple days in my opinion, but not toxic. For a day or two, it won't likely do any harm. Toxicity of it comes from supplementation, not our wonderful sun. It can cause a build up of calcium in the blood, called hypercalcemia, with excessive doses...that is 50,000IU a day for several months has been shown to cause toxicity. All I have found in research says that Vit D3 reduces cardiovascular risks. Perhaps confusion with the cardiac risk came due to the recent studies that are questionable regarding calcium and Vit D combo supplements?? But the studies show that Vit D can help reduce high BP.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #598
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
Southern Girl- Hot yoga is yoga that is practiced in the heat- usually 104degrees Farenheit and around 50% humidity. It is a great way to get a good cardiovascular workout with very low impact (good for me w/my bad knees). You sweat a ton, and get rid of all these toxins- and you feel amazing afterwards!
Sounds amazing!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #599
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post

I'm taking Cost Accounting (Managerial 2, upper level class) this semester, and I kid you not, it is the worst thing that ever happened to me. Many a bottle of wine has been consumed trying to get through that class with an A
Welcome to my world...now think on adding the government to interfere with that daily....and make suggestions....then alter the rules every month...and you are trying to pass the class! Know in reality, working will be nothing like college....college is a game to survive and get out! Your brain will be clearer with NK!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #600
Blabbermouth!!!

Be nice if there were an at home D3 test kit. It is a blood test?
Closed Thread