Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
WOW!
I just found out the sugar free chai I drink has almost 30 carbs per serving!!!!!

I've continued to lose well with having chai with almond milk a few times a week but NO MORE!

OH and there's 4 grams of sugar per seving also

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #512
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Well well well.

It turns out that all advertising is not hyperbole after all.

I just found a pack of new Mach3 razors at the bottom of my shave kit bag. So I thought, banza!! don't have to buy razors for a while!!! and proceeded to shave with my very old (like 3 years) but treasured find.

Nicked the living smoke out of myself lol

I haven't nicked myself in I don't know when but I am pretty sure it is ever since I bought the heavily advertised Fushion ProGlide.

Right after I sliced myself open, inflicting a grievously painful wound, I remembered scoffing at the over the top advertising and rolling my eyes at the hype heh.

And the Mach3 does not give as good a shave as the FPG either.

I'll be cautious but I'm still gonna use them up. If you wonder why just mosey down the razor aisle at the store and witness the fleecing of America first hand - jiminy cricket!

this is in line with the fleecing of women everywhere with the jacked up prices on feminine products....I think these should be provided free by the government... I would if this EVER happened.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Hi all...here is a "copy and paste" of SouthernGirls toothpaste recipe for those that wanted it. I just cut and pasted it from one of the NK threads (too many now to know where it came from).

I have a little 8 oz container I keep in the bathroom, has a tight seal. I pour Arm&Hammer BS in there about 3/4 of the way, fork out the balls. Then I scoop out maybe 2 T of CO and use fork to blend in until crumbly; then add more oil if it looks dry and won't stick gently when I pick it up with a clean finger! When I think it's good, I take out my pink sea salt and add a teaspoon maybe, mix that in, then the peppermint oil, pure, not flavoring last. Fork it all together, keeps in the bathroom for about a month. Teeth are white-white and no gum or plaque issues. My CO oil is not hard unless I put in refrigerator - it's just warm to melting hot here most of the time. I put the coconut oil in the microwave at 50% power one minute to soften it for mixing, as I keep in the refrig!

I didn't melt my coconut oil (not soft like in the hot state of Texas!!!!) So, make sure it's soft or melted in my opinion. Also, I didn't do "mint" flavoring/extract as I take some homeopathic/naturopathic things on occasion and they are "null/void" if taking any sort of mint, including mouthwash/toothpaste, etc. It's just dandy plain, but maybe I'll try putting cinnamon in the CO when melting and that would be fun! I really love the stuff. Thanks SG!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #514
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
OK...will try to answer the questions of the last 4 pages...playing catch up this morning.

First....ate more protein, and had a salad yesterday. First intention carbs from any type of veggie/lettuce in weeks. Ketone reading was .5 (up from .4 yesterday) and weight went back down again. So, I'm happy today with my yo yo testing. And, fasting BG was below 100 for the first time in what seems like forever. 2 more days and the Buffy recommended meter will be here and I can't wait to test the 2 side by side with the same blood drop!

OK...Tablis and several of you asked why I take a bath in all the salts, especially the potassium. Don't laugh at me. I bought potassium powder and was planning to use it in water with magnesium for my PM drink. I opted to change to capsules as that was much more efficient for me. So, I had a bit of extra potassium powder left over and just started tossing about a tsp in my bath water with my dead sea salts (1/4 cup) and my epsom salts (1/2 cup). What I notice is that I sleep solidly for 7.5 to 8 hours by taking a hot bath in all those things. I also have VERY soft skin and it's never dry or needing lotion. It "should" dry out if I took a reg. bath per the "pros", but it doesn't.

Mizz....for the last week I have the same reaction to any raw meat and to bacon! My beloved bacon. Just smells rancid to me, but hubby says it's just fine. So, I know it's me. I used to take HCI for acid for years and years, but that was when I was eating high carb and nonfat. I have some pills of it, and maybe should try that again to see if I get "heartburn" with one pill in the middle of a meal (make sure if you add acid, you take it at least 3 bites in, and NOT on an empty stomach and NOT at the end of the meal).

Thanks Major Red for the idea of cutting back on BPC if you have a loss of appetite. I find I am no longer having lunch and I have to force in protein and fat for dinner. Don't really WANT to eat, but know I should. Often I will have a protein shake with MCT oil and HWC just to get protein and fat in the "easy way" by chugging a drink. I'll cut back on the BPC which I have discovered to be great fun!

Deb....hope the doc has you getting proper testing for thyroid and celiac. The blood test is very inaccurate and don't be surprised if it comes back negative. Mine did for 4 years straight!!! (long before discovering Atkins/lowcarb eating) Finally found a great doc that refused to do the tests at labs insurance covered. That was 12 years ago and I was definitely in the gluten and lactose intolerant group for the first time. And thyroid? Do you take any thyroid Rx? The only accurate tests for thyroid are FT3 and FT4. Any other tests are antiquated dinosaur tests and 99.9% of docs run the OLD tests and call it good. Hope you found a good doc with proper testing procedures. Let us know what you find out.

Red...my jeans are size 34. My husband commented this morning that my new pants fit really well....and then I told him that my "womanly shape" only fit into mens jeans! Sad. I have some 31 and 30's from previous years....but I'm saving them for when I can get back into them once again, otherwise I'd send them to you as your new goal pants! (Just kidding!!!) You can send me your 34's when you find them hanging on you! I have plenty of "caboose" to put in them!!!! (aka hips for a woman)
Old 12-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #515
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
If you are hungry, eat. Just take pains to avoid carbs if you are going to go over your calorie goal. No worries

Edit: If you've eaten to protein goals then eat as fatty as possible to satiation.
Red, thanks for that.. I polished off a tub of mascarpone (unsweetened, 960 cals).. I am at 2700 calories for the day, and am 95% certain I'll be full for the next week.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #516
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
Great news on the weight loss! I switched over to BBC rather than the fatbombs bc they were taking too many carbs. I had to choke the BBC down at first and now I like it.

Thanks for the warning on the potassium... I'll start with one every third day to and see how that works.
still trying to catch up on the thread, any somebody clarify what BBC is?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #517
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I posted this on another thread, but it's funny enough to mention twice. Mr. Lossgirl and I went out to an Italian restaurant last night. I asked about one of the sauces, because it sounded like it contained corn starch or sugar (it did, so I passed on it). Then my waitress said, "Since you can't eat a side of pasta, would you like a potato instead?"
that would be the "acceptable" substitute for a celiac patient, my mom gets this sub all the time at restaurants...
Old 12-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #518
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Wow today was a great loss day for us!
Congrats Mizzcase and dazygyrl and Becky!

I have felt so GOOD today.
Not sure what it is but I like it!

I gotta share this. My DD17 watched Fathead with me a few moths back. She started trying to keep her carbs under 100 a day. She does not weigh as it depresses her. She has gone down 2 jean sizes since she started. She had always tried to stay low fat before but know she eats bacon and eggs and sausage like me and her eczema is tons better.
She still has carbs but limits them. The best part is it is not like she is on a diet at all. She just eats more fat and less sugar and starch.
to get on the right way to eat so early in life will keep her very much healthier for her whole life.. I wish I knew then what I know now...its much harder to implement to reverse health issues than it would have been to prevent health issues from ever getting a claw-hold on me...
Old 12-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #519
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
Wow! So many continuing successes. So encouraging to the rest of us.

On the pot belly, I wondered recently why mine seemed to return all of a sudden. Then it dawned on me that my waist had shrunk again, so it looked and felt like the belly had returned. But as of this week I have been wearing clothes I put away because I was not comfy in them, mostly shirts over the belly. I know I am still getting smaller.

I have noted Darin's numbers given to those similar in size/goal to me and have upped protein and calories. Because of long time LC, I naturally merged to less of this, less of that. Now having to up some things, is a fun new experiment. Very liberating.

There was a brief note back some time about fat bombs of meat. Did anyone experiment with that? I envision one of diced roast beef or ham, cream cheese, maybe CO, olives or pickles. I still have to be careful of any CO after about 10 am because it hypes me up and I can't get to sleep. Need to get my plastic ice cube trays out and experiment.

I also note I'm drinking/craving a lot less water. Have to make myself get up and get some. I keep a line on the bar of good ACV, baking soda, sea salt, lite salt, good aloe vera juice (that tastes like spring water, you can put it in your coffee or wine even). I used to sprinkle in this and that as needed. Now it seems unneeded.

Ahhh progress. I'll take it in any form. Good luck all. Dot

that might have been me? with my shredded roast beef mixed with soft butter, salt/pepper and horseradish. I mix it up and let it cool in the fridge til its a bit more solid than mushy..then eat! delish!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 144/142.8/130
WOE: IE/M&E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
You'll get the joke as you read on. It was a typo, Bullet Proof Coffee
Old 12-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i have a recipe for waffles that work great for sandwiches. very fatty!!
sorry, I just found your recipe..disregard this!

Last edited by Deb34; 12-06-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Red, thanks for that.. I polished off a tub of mascarpone (unsweetened, 960 cals).. I am at 2700 calories for the day, and am 95% certain I'll be full for the next week.
I so wish I could eat like this right now!!! I just can't do it. Not enough appetite and I don't want to eat anything besides steak.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #523
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
I so wish I could eat like this right now!!! I just can't do it. Not enough appetite and I don't want to eat anything besides steak.
I wish I had your lack of appetite right now! We always want what we can't have, right?

I also wish I were in anyone's shoes that hasn't been experiencing debilitating nausea and sleepiness all week.. I had to turn around and head back home before I even got to school today!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post

It's BPC or Bullet Proof Coffee, it's a typo and we were all going crazy yesterday trying to figure out what it meant!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=mizzcase;16121767]I wish I had your lack of appetite right now! We always want what we can't have, right?

I also wish I were in anyone's shoes that hasn't been experiencing debilitating nausea and sleepiness all week.. I had to turn around and head back home before I even got to school today! [/QUOT

Hah you're so right!

I had the worst nausea a couple weeks after I stared NK! I couldn't handle it and let up on the fat just a lil. I wasn't getting enough protein for how much fat I was eating.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
I had the worst nausea a couple weeks after I stared NK! I couldn't handle it and let up on the fat just a lil. I wasn't getting enough protein for how much fat I was eating.
That was me this week. Thought I would skip lunch today because breakfast is never a problem. Then come lunchtime, surprise! I'm hungry. Ate just pork loin stirfried with spices (all the talk about Indian food got me craving the flavor) and it was so good and no upset. Dinnertime was cottage cheese with lemonaise. Also good and no upset. So did good with the protein today. Good with the carbs. Not as much fat so way less calories. Gonna let the rest come from body fat.

Somehow I missed the lesson on mixing HWC with soda. Poured it in after the soda was in the glass. Fizzed up so fast. What a mess. You would think at my age I would know better.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #527
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, I am eating some saltines! I cannot deal with this feeling right now, especially during finals time. Will fat fast tomorrow through the weekend. If I am STILL nauseous in the morning, I am thinking I will maybe pick up a pregnancy test.. the intense smells are making me nervous!
Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
I wish I had your lack of appetite right now! We always want what we can't have, right?

I also wish I were in anyone's shoes that hasn't been experiencing debilitating nausea and sleepiness all week.. I had to turn around and head back home before I even got to school today!
I went thru the sleep troubles and nausea. Seemed to last a long time. Then I had the headaches for a month. But it sure makes me know that I want to stay in ketosis cause I never wann go thru that again. So I don't even think of eating too many carbs.
Are you being sure to get plenty of salt?
Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:18 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I went thru the sleep troubles and nausea. Seemed to last a long time. Then I had the headaches for a month. But it sure makes me know that I want to stay in ketosis cause I never wann go thru that again. So I don't even think of eating too many carbs.
Are you being sure to get plenty of salt?
Hope you feel better soon.
Yuck, just ate a quarter pack of saltines and a couple small slices of pizza, and the nausea is still just as bad as ever. Yikes.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #530
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
There is a stomach flu going around. I had it over the weekend but felt nauseous & sleepy all week last week before it blasted me Sat night.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #531
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Yuck, just ate a quarter pack of saltines and a couple small slices of pizza, and the nausea is still just as bad as ever. Yikes.
So sorry, Sounds like something other than diet related. Maybe a tea made from ginger would help.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #532
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
UHOHHHH
Thats not good.
Or Maybe that is good cause I love me some babies
Old 12-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #533
Major LCF Poster!

Mizzcase you be carful with fat fastin and all till you find out what is the culprut. Any other symptoms?
I mis read. I thought you had sleeplessness. THat is what I dealt with. If you are sleepy that is another sign of the aforementioned thing that shall not be mentioned
Get you some folic acid.

Last edited by Clueless; 12-06-2012 at 04:53 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #534
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
There is a stomach flu going around. I had it over the weekend but felt nauseous & sleepy all week last week before it blasted me Sat night.

OH NO! Hope that isn't the case with me!

Quote:
Mizzcase you be carful with fat fastin and all till you find out what is the culprut. Any other symptoms?
I mis read. I thought you had sleeplessness. THat is what I dealt with. If you are sleepy that is another sign of the aforementioned thing that shall not be mentioned
Get you some folic acid.
I've been nauseous and extremely fatigued since Monday, which is unlike me. Usually a big ball of energy. Also, my nose is being assaulted by STRONG, strange scents. The air outside my house was saturated with a watermelon jollyrancher scent on Monday, and I could smell the cheese case in the grocery store from a mile away.

I may or may not be eating a pint of "Everything But The" right now, but miraculously, my nausea has gone away (for the time being) for the first time today. Thanks for the concern!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
HELP! This is probably way too much info, but I need help!

What does it feel like when you're constipated? Also, is it possible to be constipated if you are still going to the bathroom?

The reason I ask is, I've been having horrible abdominal pain for 7-10 days now. I did go to the dr today, but she said everything (x-ray, urine sample) looked good.

What is this pain then? Also, what can I do to help move things along, even though I'm going now? I just took a tbs of olive oil, followed by a cup of hot water ...the night before I had a tbs of cocnut oil followed by a large glass of salted hot water.

Thanks so much
Goal 4: 145

Last edited by melisa82; 12-06-2012 at 05:07 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #536
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
OH NO! Hope that isn't the case with me!

I've been nauseous and extremely fatigued since Monday, which is unlike me. Usually a big ball of energy. Also, my nose is being assaulted by STRONG, strange scents. The air outside my house was saturated with a watermelon jollyrancher scent on Monday, and I could smell the cheese case in the grocery store from a mile away.

I may or may not be eating a pint of "Everything But The" right now, but miraculously, my nausea has gone away (for the time being) for the first time today. Thanks for the concern!
Well thats great!! I am glad you are feeling better. Must have been the ketosis. or as reds siggy says ketoeous

My nose becomes a super smeller at certain times of the month.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #537
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post

What does it feel like when you're constipated? Also, is it possible to be constipated if you are still going to the bathroom?

The reason I ask is, I've been having horrible abdominal pain for 7-10 days now. I did go to the dr today, but she said everything (x-ray, urine sample) looked good.

What is this pain then? Also, what can I do to help move things along, even though I'm going now? I just took a tbs of olive oil, followed by a cup of hot water ...the night before I had a tbs of cocnut oil followed by a large glass of salted hot water.

Thanks so much
What kind of pain is it, shooting pain, constant pain, cramping?
Are you nauseous?
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post

Thanks so much

Hi there, to me, I feel like I am bloated.. but it is more than just air or water, if that makes sense. It makes me feel as if I am full from eating a large meal, but I could still eat again.

I'd recommend probiotic supplements, psyllium husk, and magnesium. Feel better.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well thats great!! I am glad you are feeling better. Must have been the ketosis. or as reds siggy says ketoeous

My nose becomes a super smeller at certain times of the month.

Yes! I'm done eating it and am already sick to my stomach again though. Maybe its the sugar this time though.

What can I do while eating LCHF to ease the nausea? I hit my protein macros and hadn't had this problem until Monday.. last week when I started I was fine.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:

are you eating enough salt?
Closed Thread