Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #451
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
I love Pinot Noir. I told myself two weeks without and then give a try. I would really hate to give it up altogether. Do you find that it makes you hungry? Not that I'm worried about that.....much.
No, not at all, just finished my second glass. But I did drink my first glass in conjunction with a cheeseburger, so that may have something to do with it.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
This is what it's all about, yes? By golly it's true.

Do any of you use LC foods that "mimick" other foods, like peanut butter bread or almond bread? Coconut flour for biscuits, or almond crust for a SF cheese cake? Just wondering how or if these things fit into NK, If anyone uses them regularly without a slow down or maybe it's better for emergency treats? i would love to see some "typical" daily menus if anyone wants to share?
I can't eat those foods...given their texture, I'd overeat them in a heartbeat!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risajs View Post
Hi all -

I wanted to check in and share some great results with ya'll. I have finally hit my stride in ketosis (morning numbers above 1.0). In the last month I have lost 9 lbs. As many of you know, on a traditional low-calorie low-fat diet, for every lb lost generally 75% is from fat and 25% is lost lean body mass (lower levels of carb intake = less loss of lean body mass).

Well, I had my body composition tested again today and 100% of my weight loss was from fat!!! I retained every bit of lean body mass since my last assessment.

Moreover, this was accomplished with absolutely NO exercise. Not that I would advocate for that, but working out masks weight loss for me - I gain muscle easily and retain water easily. As soon as I lose my last 10 lbs, I will restart my exercise regime to gain more muscle and definition.

I am pretty pumped about this!!
Great to hear about your success!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:48 PM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Ok, had a good day with the food!! I am about to sit down to a glass of vodka on the rocks (to avoid the carbs from wine).
My macros were:
p=76(18%)
c=15(3%)
f=139(68%)
alcohol=11%
Old 12-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Hi all -

I wanted to check in and share some great results with ya'll. I have finally hit my stride in ketosis (morning numbers above 1.0). In the last month I have lost 9 lbs. As many of you know, on a traditional low-calorie low-fat diet, for every lb lost generally 75% is from fat and 25% is lost lean body mass (lower levels of carb intake = less loss of lean body mass).

Well, I had my body composition tested again today and 100% of my weight loss was from fat!!! I retained every bit of lean body mass since my last assessment.

Moreover, this was accomplished with absolutely NO exercise. Not that I would advocate for that, but working out masks weight loss for me - I gain muscle easily and retain water easily. As soon as I lose my last 10 lbs, I will restart my exercise regime to gain more muscle and definition.

Fantastic!!!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wildflower
Stats: SW180/CW180/GL145
Start Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
I can't eat those foods...given their texture, I'd overeat them in a heartbeat!
Sophie -- I have overeaten them. One after one after one. It's kinda depressing seeing all the empty wrappers -- So, no can't have them in the house!
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #457
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to all! Yes having three/two screens is a great way to speed up many things on a computer. But if you have one screen, you can minimize using the boxes on the top right; then size it a bit smaller for reading, using the arrows click and drag....then open any type of pad, enote, epost-its, and make it tall/long for best option, then start typing as you go along. This is a long-standing practice while auditing charts, writing briefs for opinions, etc....then copy paste from the note email/Word, change the font and voila!
Shelly, you asked how I am doing?? Wonderful. I am feeling better every day with the BHRT. Amazing. I slept like a normal person after just three days....been 5 years. I am hoping for "losing" reports soon! Being patient.
Tablis, I take 1000mg 3x day, with meals, not that it needs food, they are okay with water, but I will forget to take if I don't do it on routine. When I feel sick, or come in contact with germs, I will go to 5000mg a day. Be careful with potassium on both sides, low or high. Google food sources, broth is great. Tea Tree Oil is great on boo-boos too!
Cheryl, that is great 158! never under-estimate Vit C and it's potential. Likely it makes you feel better, which you may sleep better, and no sleep will stall us too. I'll research and see if there are clinicals on that!
Mizz!! Wow!!! I need to eat that! Tax??? OH you are too nice for that! We need a specialty for health care, hard to hire new grads with that experience. Lots of engineers needed in Texas! Public is rough at first; do you love field audits????
Dazy, you are doing great. Love the menu too...I use the kiss principle too!
Darin/Mizz - that's my fav, HWC w/cherry coke zero.....!
Sophie, you always make me hungry...I cannot imagine what your kitchen smells like, yummmy! Love the new sock idea!
See Becky, back home and there you go new lows! Becky, I wish half the medical records were as good as your posts!
Hi Deborah, I make my own toothpaste with CO too. and a little bit of peppermint OIL, all mixed in baking soda! Clueless waitress!
Hi Cici. Would dentist not benefit financially??? I haven't seen any with sugar myself...just joking. But I strongly object to fluoride!
Darin, 505s are the best, 34 is better! LOL! Did you see Dr Taubes on Fox the other night? John Stossel had he and Dr Attia on...very good.
Blonde! funny. jerky is good too! Some others, like Buffy make great recipes, I do not at this point, DH says Not YET!
Buffy, you must be feeling better today, you are back to your funny self!
Terri, same issue with taco salads! Waitresses!!! So we limit Mexican for the most part, eating out.
Hi Dot. I love that I don't drink during the night anymore! Meat fat bombs, hummm.
Oceana, what, no great food photos to make us drool!
Hi Wildflower, what is Pepsi Max? Aspartame does cause an "artifical" insulin spike....some folks get hungry after drinking.
Risajs! Good to hear from you. 9 lbs!!! that's a celebration!
Okay girls, giving up wine is sinful! We simply cannot do that! I enjoy one glass about every other day....weekends 2 small ones.
This thread was exceptionally entertaining today, sounds like everyone had a great day!

Last edited by SouthernGirl61; 12-05-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Checking in and had to do a full report for you all on SouthernGirl's toothpaste recipe (I think she posted it a while back)

Had my every 6 month teeth cleaning today...and hardly any scraping at all. She/hygienist wanted to know what I was doing differently. I told her I was using my own toothpaste that SG had posted a recipe for! Well, it worked great, and I think I've only been using it a few weeks! I am so happy!!! Thank you SG!!!!

Ketones went from yesterday's exciting .6 to .4 today and weight went from my wonderful drop to below where I began to back up. PHooey on both!!! But, as you can see, I'm not giving in.

PC...love your spelling. All your posts bring a huge smile to my face. You are fabulous! Loved hearing your story.

To the rest of you...you are doing fabulously and everyone sounds happy with making good progress.

I'm off to the bathtub with a good book and my sea salts,epsom salts and potassium powder.....I soak in them for hours (with water of course) (2 hours!!!!) and then I fall asleep and am out cold for 7.5 - 8 hours.......Such a decadent treat during the winter months!
Old 12-06-2012, 12:50 AM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Good Morning,
Ack I missed so much good stuff yesterday… I’m going to catch up “southerngirl style”- hope the post is not too long.
First off, I want to say how grateful I am for this thread and for all of you that share you experiences. I have already learned so much from you in such a short time and I lost a bit of weight to boot- which is huge because I have been stalled forever.
So, this whole 6 wks since I started I have been perfect… until last night I had a little slip and it was so stupid. I hope it hasn’t screwed me up especially bc my ketone monitor should be arriving any day now and I was so jazzed to see how I’d do. I made some brown/wild rice last night for the family… what kind of idiot cheats on brown rice??argh. Before I knew it I was checking just to see if it had enough salt- big mistake. I ended up having a few spoons. I’m not sure how much. All the while my mind was warning me to stop bc it could take weeks to get back to where I am ketosiswise… thank goodness I got hold of myself b4 it was really over the top- today I don’t even understand what came over me—it just look so GOOD. But so not worth it. I logged it as ¼ cup but it may have been a bit more. Well even a ¼ cup totally wrecked my macros yesterday. This AM I used a ketostix and it was still dark purple so I hope that means I got away unscathed. I think one of Atkins books says that if you go a bit over one day you can make up for it by eating less the next so I’m going to try to go for zero carbs today.
So sorry about the Bullet Proof Coffee typo thing yesterday… Too lazy to type out words.
Shelley/SouthernGirl- Cool on your Dentist results. I just searched for SouthernGirls toothpaste recipe and used it this am. Must say I was skeptical thinking it would leave a greasy icky taste but my mouth feels good. My peppermint essential oil is kind of expired… hope its not going to kill me!? Does this stuff help receding gums?
Shelley – Why do you soak in the salts? For the minerals? I also soak in Dead Sea Salts often, hoping it will give me some transdermal magnesium but I have never found a good source stating that it does, have you? I know that magnesium oil is supposed to work but I’ve read some things about purity concerns. I also enjoy it so I continue. I add essential oils and almond oil- Heaven. What is the potassium powder for and where do you get it?
SouthernGirl- So glad you are getting some sleep and that the BHRT is helping you. Thanks for the vitamin Information I’m upping my C today bc I still have a cold. When you say be careful about the potassium do you mean I shouldn’t take it? I still haven’t gotten up the courage- I was going to start today... I’m not on any meds at all- just a few vitamin supplements . I just have a history of lbp here and there that caused me to feel faint. Dr. told me to make sure to drink a lot especially when I’m sick. I’m using broth everyday- yum. I’m not sure how to gauge how much potassium that would add.
Cool Recipes Terri and Dazygyrl- I find that I don’t do much recipe cooking anymore. Everything seems to be almost one ingredient foods. Chicken, eggs, Steak, meat, more chicken…I’m so scared about messing up my food log. lol maybe I should try.
Wildflower/arlene- There is a little doodad that bernina makes that works like an automatic threader. Its not so expensive, kind of looks like a flash drive. Takes a bit of getting used to but then its fantastic. Do you have serger? Now theres a pain to thread… worth it though. I’d love to know if the pepsimax affects your BG. I love the stuff but I cut it out when I started NK. I switched to Crystal light which is not much healthier but I think the PM was giving me headaches which are now gone. I would love to cut out all artificial sweetner but I can’t see how!
Risajs- Congratulations! That is so encouraging. Love the no exercise part ! ha.
CIci- interesting about the taste buds.. I feel the same.
Cheryl – great news on your DD. My DD has also started limiting carbs but I wonder how low is safe for a teenager? She hasn’t cut them out completely bc I am not sure if its ok but most of her carbs come from vegs.
Terri- thanks for the cold remedy!
Red- your results are AMAZING! Do you have b4/after pix up anywhere? Amazing how fast too! Another bonus to this thread: vocabulary development (camel toe, moose knuckle) lol, not sure when/where I’ll be able to show off my new words..
Mizzcase- your results seem miraculous to me! WTH! Eating MORE. Awesome.
Becky- Amazing story! Congrats on you loss! Don’t stress on the spelling -seems like its not holding you back much -you’re doing great! love your posts.
Sophie- adobo seasoning? What’s that? I’m going to try your marinade. I think steak is my all time favorite food. So glad its not forbidden on this WOE!
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #460
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Morning all
158 again this am. WOW
I really think that vit C has something to do with it.
I have even had a few glasses of wine this week.

Anyone seen Harmsway?
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 AM   #461
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
Start Date: 10/29/2012
That's amazing. How much are you taking again?
1000 X3? Heck I'll try anything at this point!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #462
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all, 122.8 this morning, +1.6 from yesterday. Dunno what's up with that? I think the bouillon did it to me, as thats what bumped me up last time.

I lost that metal taste in my mouth yesterday morning, must've eaten something that knocked me out of ketosis on Tuesday. Not too worried about the gain. Gotta go grocery shopping today, yay!

I've been waiting all week for the new circular to come out today since last weeks wasn't that great... the little things make me happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
Ok, had a good day with the food!! I am about to sit down to a glass of vodka on the rocks (to avoid the carbs from wine).
My macros were:
p=76(18%)
c=15(3%)
f=139(68%)
alcohol=11%
Looks good to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Mizz!! Wow!!! I need to eat that! Tax??? OH you are too nice for that! We need a specialty for health care, hard to hire new grads with that experience. Lots of engineers needed in Texas! Public is rough at first; do you love field audits????
Never done auditing, I dunno LOL! I've always wanted to be a lawyer though, I used to go around telling people I wanted to name my first daughter "Sue" when I was a little kid!

The sailor is from Texas, so we are hoping/praying that he gets a position there. Maybe in oil? He operated a nuclear reactor on a submarine, so I'm hoping thats enough experience to open up tons of job opportunities. I think it will be, he already has tons of headhunters gunning for him, and already had an interview with a nuclear plant in SC last month-- he doesn't get out of the Navy for another year, so I take this as a good sign.

We will be in Austin/San Antonio/McAllen for three weeks over Christmas break this year, I am SO excited.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #463
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dryclean
New

I am new to this site. I am currently 222. About 10 days ago started a low carb diet have lost 4-5 lbs since. My target weight is 200 would love to get to 190 but I am 6'3" 6'4" range and it might be too thin. I was that weight about 8 years ago and felt great

Can someone give me a link to some high fat food or menus. I have no clue where to start and not sure what I should eat.

Currently my goal is f/50 p/25 /c 25 but I have a hard time keeping to these %
Carbs or ok the fat is the problem not getting enough
Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
That's amazing. How much are you taking again?
1000 X3? Heck I'll try anything at this point!
I got some 1000 mg HORSE pills at walmart. I am choking down 5 or 6 a day right now. I am gonna order some soon that will be easier to swallow. IDK. That may be too much but around all these sick kids I am gonna take a bunch. There is an awful flu going around here.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
good morning. up 0.4 this morning i felt really good about yesterday's simple meal planning. i thinking the bump was lack of bathrooming before weighing....but i never 'go' till after i have coffee, so i can't weigh after the coffee 'takes effect' b/c then there will be coffee in my stomach...i have always been stuck this way with weighing. with two teenage boys and one bathroom, *I* am the one that gets stuck taking MY shower at 5:30 am every morning. i have never felt that weighing this early has been very accurate, but not sure when else to weigh.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #466
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Good morning all, 122.8 this morning, +1.6 from yesterday. Dunno what's up with that? I think the bouillon did it to me, as thats what bumped me up last time.
Wait. Weren't you relaxing with some alcohol last night??? lol
Old 12-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #467
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
good morning. up 0.4 this morning i felt really good about yesterday's simple meal planning. i thinking the bump was lack of bathrooming before weighing....but i never 'go' till after i have coffee, so i can't weigh after the coffee 'takes effect' b/c then there will be coffee in my stomach...i have always been stuck this way with weighing. with two teenage boys and one bathroom, *I* am the one that gets stuck taking MY shower at 5:30 am every morning. i have never felt that weighing this early has been very accurate, but not sure when else to weigh.
I battled this for a while back in October I think. What I'd do some mornings was to put just a little coffee in my cup and sip it for a little bit to see if that got things moving. It worked sometimes and not other times.

It is okay whenever you weigh if you zoom out far enough so the trend line is accurate. Daily weigh-ins can be great but you have to armor yourself for little bumps like that. I commiserate entirely. No worries!

Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #468
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Checking in and had to do a full report for you all on SouthernGirl's toothpaste recipe (I think she posted it a while back)

I'm off to the bathtub with a good book and my sea salts,epsom salts and potassium powder.....I soak in them for hours (with water of course) (2 hours!!!!) and then I fall asleep and am out cold for 7.5 - 8 hours.......Such a decadent treat during the winter months!
Repost the toothpaste recipe!

Deborah you should repost yours too. I meant to ask you to do that when you mentioned it a few days ago.

What is the benefit of soaking in potassium powder?

Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am the same exact way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Wait. Weren't you relaxing with some alcohol last night??? lol
Haha, yes I was, but I had had wine and also vodka a few times with no ill effects, so I figured it wasn't the wine. Maybe red makes me gain? LOL..

HOLY NAUSEA at the grocery store this morning. Actually, the past 3 days I've been getting debilitating bouts of nausea. Today, it was near the cheese case at the grocery store. The smell of the cheeses just assaulted my senses, I thought I was gonna blow chunks right then and there. A couple days ago I got out of my car and the air smelled like watermelon jollyranchers? Dunno what was up with that... I guess its a result of the high fat in my diet? This nausea is the worst!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #470
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Good morning. Just checking in. Will be concentrating on protein today to make sure i get in as much as possible. Not going to worry about the fat. I think that is what makes it hard to eat the protein.

Took a look at my macros for the past month. It appears I have been lc for longer than my official start here, with only 2 days over 30g since 11/19 and those well under 50g. Since starting officially, I have kept it under 25 all but once and usually closer to 10g.

My protein was always under someones calculated maximum depending on who you are following, but has bounced around quite a bit. I have had two days over max on calories. Most are within 100c of floor.

Appetite suppression has kicked in. Breakfast is the only meal that I am hungry for and also sits well. I think it is because the stomach has rested all night. So today I plan to not eat again until I am really hungry which I suspect will be dinner. I am anxiously awaiting some kind of scale movement. I have been pretty steady at my set point without even a wiggle downward from that. It could be that my calories are at a maintenance level and I need to reduce them. That would be fine as it is increasingly difficult to eat up to them. Maybe a few days of eating for hunger instead of forcing feeding will get things going.

Quote:
If you weigh the same time of day every week you should see an accurate trend. The daily weight will fluxuate but is really unimportant in the big picture.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:41 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thanks red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
If you weigh the same time of day every week you should see an accurate trend. The daily weight will fluxuate but is really unimportant in the big picture.
yeah, i know...i need to ENGRAIN this line of thinking in my pea brain. that it's the weekly trend not the dailys that matter.

dh asked me how it was going...he said you must definitely be losing inches, b/c it certainly LOOKS like you are. i said, well, it must be that b/c there's not much change on the scale. soooo....

Last edited by dazygyrl; 12-06-2012 at 06:44 AM..
Old 12-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
[QUOTE=tablis;16120241]Good Morning,
Shelley/SouthernGirl- Cool on your Dentist results. I just searched for SouthernGirls toothpaste recipe and used it this am. Must say I was skeptical thinking it would leave a greasy icky taste but my mouth feels good. My peppermint essential oil is kind of expired… hope its not going to kill me!? SouthernGirl- So glad you are getting some sleep and that the BHRT is helping you. Thanks for the vitamin Information I’m upping my C today bc I still have a cold. When you say be careful about the potassium do you mean I shouldn’t take it? I still haven’t gotten up the courage- I was going to start today... I’m not on any meds at all- just a few vitamin supplements . I just have a history of lbp here and there that caused me to feel faint. Dr. told me to make sure to drink a lot especially when I’m sick. I’m using broth everyday- yum. I’m not sure how to gauge how much potassium that would add.
[
Love your post! Checking in to say good morning on first break! If you take no medications, then google "foods as good resources for potassium", find which ones you may have high amounts in, which frankly, almonds takes a cup, and for us, that's a mistake of high measure! Know your food mineral resources, never over do potassium. That said, the recommended is 4000mg total with food and if you have to take supplements add that in. Try 99 mg at lunchtime for a few days...then see how you feel. Take your BP twice a day, at least a couple hours post caffeine consumption --- as that will alter a true result. Peppermint oil expiring??? I use the smell test for that, and then keep in refrig. Will catch up later. Have a great day all!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I logged it as ¼ cup but it may have been a bit more. Well even a ¼ cup totally wrecked my macros yesterday.
You did good keeping it to around 1/4 cup! I doubt that will be more than a hiccup in the scheme of things so don't fret

Quote:
Cheryl – great news on your DD. My DD has also started limiting carbs but I wonder how low is safe for a teenager? She hasn’t cut them out completely bc I am not sure if its ok but most of her carbs come from vegs.
Carbs are not an essential nutrient so it should be fine as long as she is eating a well formulated low carb diet. Have to keep up with essential stuff like calcium I reckon.

That would be an awesome question for a Jimmy Moore podcast though.

Quote:
Red - your results are AMAZING! Do you have b4/after pix up anywhere? Amazing how fast too! Another bonus to this thread: vocabulary development
I am pretty sure that I have some before pics on my external backup drive I use with my desktop (which is down right now). I'll have to attach it to the laptop and see if I can find them. I haven't posted them anywhere yet though. I hope I do have them on that drive because I am not sure about the state of the internal drive. Hmmm. I had found a Linux distro that was made just to boot from USB and get files off a defunct Windows install. I'll have to search for that again.

It is funny you asked though because I was thinking about that yesterday with my new jeans and tee shirt. I can do one with that shirt which is tight and shows the belly and one with a normal shirt that doesn't highlight the belly. The befores are pretty freaking ugly frankly. Bare belly. Ugh.

I took some photos several weeks ago and I noticed that my arms look stick thin. I don't think I have much body fat anywhere but my dang belly now.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #474
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Darin, 505s are the best, 34 is better! LOL! Did you see Dr Taubes on Fox the other night? John Stossel had he and Dr Attia on...very good.
Yeah, I really like the way Levi's fit. I had some 501s, and I like button fly with Levi's (frankly, zippers are dangerous). But, QC at Levi's has not kept up with the ridiculous price of the jeans and I'd often find a button mysteriously unbuttoned Of course the first time or two I thought it was me but it only takes once or twice to start being careful lol so it was the way the buttons and holes were lined up.

I did not see or hear about the show!!! I'll google it, thanks!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 AM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
HOLY NAUSEA at the grocery store this morning. Actually, the past 3 days I've been getting debilitating bouts of nausea. Today, it was near the cheese case at the grocery store. The smell of the cheeses just assaulted my senses, I thought I was gonna blow chunks right then and there. A couple days ago I got out of my car and the air smelled like watermelon jollyranchers? Dunno what was up with that... I guess its a result of the high fat in my diet? This nausea is the worst!
That is strange. I have experienced the LC related nausea but not from suddenly obnoxious smells. On the other hand, my sniffer has always worked on over time and smells that don't even register with anyone around me make me ill.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #476
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hi all -

Awesome results!!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!!

Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #477
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryclean View Post
I am new to this site. I am currently 222. About 10 days ago started a low carb diet have lost 4-5 lbs since. My target weight is 200 would love to get to 190 but I am 6'3" 6'4" range and it might be too thin. I was that weight about 8 years ago and felt great

Can someone give me a link to some high fat food or menus. I have no clue where to start and not sure what I should eat.

Currently my goal is f/50 p/25 /c 25 but I have a hard time keeping to these %
Carbs or ok the fat is the problem not getting enough
Thanks
Hi there!

Check out our intro post for some great information about LC/NK!

High Fat NK 80/15/5 - December Version

Old 12-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #478
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Did you see Dr Taubes on Fox the other night? John Stossel had he and Dr Attia on...very good.
Found it!!!

Should be okay to post the link, right?

Debunking Food Myths | Fox Business Video
Old 12-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #479
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Hi all -

What method did you use to check your body composition? I'd really like to have that done but can't find a dunk tank method around here. Kansas City area.

Quote:
ok, so my waffle recipe is a tweaked version of 'betty r's amazing waffles'

3 eggs
1 brick cream cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp lemon juice

throw it all in a food processor...no appliance subs will work. whirl it till thick and smooth. cook in waffle maker. pancakes won't work with this....at least i have read they won't.

i make a double batch of these at a time.

according to my food tracker here are the numbers (for 7 waffles):

each waffle
cals: 264
protein: 11
fat: 23
carbs (total): 3
Do you cook these in a Belgian waffle maker or the old fashioned style that are thinner with shallower squares.

I too would like that toothpaste recipe. I hate getting my teeth scraped!! So anything that helps that I'd jump on!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sandy...you can se either one. i have an old, cheapy 'normal' waffle maker.
Closed Thread