Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Wow today was a great loss day for us!
Congrats Mizzcase and dazygyrl and Becky!

I have felt so GOOD today.
Not sure what it is but I like it!

I gotta share this. My DD17 watched Fathead with me a few moths back. She started trying to keep her carbs under 100 a day. She does not weigh as it depresses her. She has gone down 2 jean sizes since she started. She had always tried to stay low fat before but know she eats bacon and eggs and sausage like me and her eczema is tons better.
She still has carbs but limits them. The best part is it is not like she is on a diet at all. She just eats more fat and less sugar and starch.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #392
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Cheryl, very happy for your DD. Sounds like she has found the right woe for her and for it to be so effortless is wonderful.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #393
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
I gotta share this. My DD17 watched Fathead with me a few moths back. She started trying to keep her carbs under 100 a day. She does not weigh as it depresses her. She has gone down 2 jean sizes since she started. She had always tried to stay low fat before but know she eats bacon and eggs and sausage like me and her eczema is tons better.
She still has carbs but limits them. The best part is it is not like she is on a diet at all. She just eats more fat and less sugar and starch.
!!!!

That is awesome Cheryl!! Give DD a hug from all of us and we are cheering her on!

Wow. 2 sizes in just a few months!

Have her give up wheat for 30 days to see if the rest of her eczema goes away. She can still have other types of carbs - corn, sugar, whatever.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/137.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
158!!! A new low

yahoo!!! I wonder if that vitamin c is helping me lose cause
I have been eating 90% cocoa and was afraid that would hinder my loss but it has been better.

No one else got sick yet.
Thanks Southerngirl about the vit C. I knew I should be taking it but I need reminding.
Yeah yeah yeah 158 yeah yeah yeah 158 oh yeah!
Virgin Teritory Song Yay!
My best cold remedy by far is Vitamin D. If I feel something coming on I start popping 5000mg and during the winter months, when we don’t make much of our own, I take 1000 daily. Since we started this last year neither DH nor I have gotten sick once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Rough night last night.. ate my typical 1600 calories. Was still hungry so bye bye to half a can of macadamia nuts, 2 oz cream cheese, and I slice of pumpkin bake with about half a can of SWEETENED spray whipped cream..

Soooo I got on the scale this morning.. 120.8, -.4 from yesterday! What the what? Haha, this time last week I was 127.6, I will take a 6.8 pound weekly loss, even though it was mostly water weight.
That's absolutely fabulous! I agree with Red, I'll bet the bigger percentage is not water weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
whoa, mizzcase! that's awesome.

i was down a pound this morning. so salty gain gone plus a teeny bit.

today's plan: (2147 ceiling ... 2068 floor; protein -- 88-92g)

cals: 1946
protein: 81 g
fat: 174 g
carbs (total) -- 21 g

coffee w/ 6T hwc

6oz 75/25 ground beef w/homemade mayo and a little sf ketchup
2oz pecans

8oz chicken breast reheated in 2T butter, guy's bbq
2oz almonds

keeping it simple.
Nice job Buddy! What's your mayo recipe? I'm about ready to try again after my first disaster (never did thicken).

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I lost about 4 inches around my waist within four or five weeks of starting NK. Like from 44" to 39". I think I was at 38.5" at belly button level before I quit smoking and high dived off NK. I kept a log of my waist measurements and I'll continue that when I am back in the grove. I did check one time during my haze of smoking cessation bingeing (which looks weird but the Free Online Dictionary says that is correct or 'binging' but that makes me say 'bing ing' in my head when I see it while 'bingeing' produces the silent 'binge e i ing' but I digress) and I'd added at least an inch around my middle! That coincided with the huge jump on the scale.
That's awesome Red. That bit of advice has already helped me not let the scale do it's number (pun intended) on my brain. I already feel better in my own skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I say my lowest this morning 163.6
Excellent Becky! WTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I posted this on another thread, but it's funny enough to mention twice. Mr. Lossgirl and I went out to an Italian restaurant last night. I asked about one of the sauces, because it sounded like it contained corn starch or sugar (it did, so I passed on it). Then my waitress said, "Since you can't eat a side of pasta, would you like a potato instead?"
That's so funny, I have the same problem. Half the time when I order a taco salad with no beans they put rice in it instead. So next time I order I say No Beans or Rice and they look at me funny and say We don't put rice in taco salads
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/237/125
WOE: Modified L/C 11/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
Quote:
Wow today was a great loss day for us!
Congrats Mizzcase and dazygyrl and Becky!

I have felt so GOOD today.
Not sure what it is but I like it!

This is awesome! My DD34 makes way too much sugar available to my little grand daughters. One has an issue already but it's hard for me to interfere. I nudge slightly.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
That's so funny, I have the same problem. Half the time when I order a taco salad with no beans they put rice in it instead. So next time I order I say No Beans or Rice and they look at me funny and say We don't put rice in taco salads
Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #397
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ok, maybe there is a good reason waiters are confused, we probably drive them to craziness!
Old 12-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
hi, terri

i think the key to mayo is an immersion blender. makes all the difference in the world.

but i used:

2 eggs
1 cup avocado oil
1 cup safflower oil
1.5-2 T dry ranch seasoning

whirled it all together with the hand blender (not electric mixer).
Old 12-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #399
Blabbermouth!!!

When I started LC at 265, in jeans I was wearing a very tight 46 that probably would have been a very tight 48 if I hadn't worn them for so long. So I needed to be wearing a 48 at least and probably a 50 to actually be comfortable.

So, from 48-50 down to a 33 today

Wow. God Bless Gary Taubes for writing Why We Get Fat and Dr. Davis for writing Wheat Belly and Dr. Phinney for LC Living.

I went from 48-50 to the 34s in about 6 months? Maybe 8 months. I'd have to check my log to be sure but I know it was well under a year before I slipped into the 34s and did a happy dance.

I still have a stupid pot belly but it is small enough that I can suck in my gut and see what I'll look like at goal weight. That also jazzes me sometimes - that I can actually suck my gut in again lol.

If quantum physics were true LC'rs would have already reshaped reality with positive vibes ala The Lathe of Heaven. Prosecution rests.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #400
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention. I also went from a 3x off the rack button up casual shirt where again I should have been at least in a 4x with a 5x probably being a bit loose fitting to... a Large. Although with my current pot belly an XL looks better on me. Till I get rid of that anyway. That is what made me think of the suck up the gut thing heh.

Last edited by reddarin; 12-05-2012 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #401
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow Red, you have really gone down in sizing! Very impressive and in such a short time.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #402
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Red, those are remarkable accomplishments!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DesertRose
Wow! So many continuing successes. So encouraging to the rest of us.

On the pot belly, I wondered recently why mine seemed to return all of a sudden. Then it dawned on me that my waist had shrunk again, so it looked and felt like the belly had returned. But as of this week I have been wearing clothes I put away because I was not comfy in them, mostly shirts over the belly. I know I am still getting smaller.

I have noted Darin's numbers given to those similar in size/goal to me and have upped protein and calories. Because of long time LC, I naturally merged to less of this, less of that. Now having to up some things, is a fun new experiment. Very liberating.

There was a brief note back some time about fat bombs of meat. Did anyone experiment with that? I envision one of diced roast beef or ham, cream cheese, maybe CO, olives or pickles. I still have to be careful of any CO after about 10 am because it hypes me up and I can't get to sleep. Need to get my plastic ice cube trays out and experiment.

I also note I'm drinking/craving a lot less water. Have to make myself get up and get some. I keep a line on the bar of good ACV, baking soda, sea salt, lite salt, good aloe vera juice (that tastes like spring water, you can put it in your coffee or wine even). I used to sprinkle in this and that as needed. Now it seems unneeded.

Ahhh progress. I'll take it in any form. Good luck all. Dot
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks

Men don't wear jeans around their belly button so who knows what my across the belly measurement was back then. Scary big.

I'll have to scan old 'everyone is fat' documentary footage to see if I can claim some money for unrecompensed headless belly shots.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #405
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Thanks

Men don't wear jeans around their belly button so who knows what my across the belly measurement was back then. Scary big.

I'll have to scan old 'everyone is fat' documentary footage to see if I can claim some money for unrecompensed headless belly shots.
Let us all know,
Old 12-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
I went by Sears yesterday and bought some 33x34 and 32x34 505 jeans

At the moment I am wearing 34s and the 33s are a little bit tight with the 32s being too tight for public viewing lest I be subject to rude comments from passersby.

There's probably a lesson in there about heavy drinking, partying and memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Hmmm, that wouldn't exactly be called Camel Toe now would it?
I believe the term for that would be "moose knuckle"...
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
158!!! A new low

yahoo!!! I wonder if that vitamin c is helping me lose cause
I have been eating 90% cocoa and was afraid that would hinder my loss but it has been better.

No one else got sick yet.
Thanks Southerngirl about the vit C. I knew I should be taking it but I need reminding.
Yeah yeah yeah 158 yeah yeah yeah 158 oh yeah!
YAY
Quote:
Rough night last night.. ate my typical 1600 calories. Was still hungry so bye bye to half a can of macadamia nuts, 2 oz cream cheese, and I slice of pumpkin bake with about half a can of SWEETENED spray whipped cream..

Soooo I got on the scale this morning.. 120.8, -.4 from yesterday! What the what? Haha, this time last week I was 127.6, I will take a 6.8 pound weekly loss, even though it was mostly water weight.

Way to go! I had half a can of macadamia nuts last night, are we trading vices on this board?

Another? Is there another accountant on this board? I hope to go into public, or headed to law school to study tax law-- all depends on what kind of job the sailor lands after getting out of the Navy. He is a nuclear engineer, so his job offers take precedence, I can get an accounting gig anywhere.
Thanks for the encouragement, I so appreciate it!

Woooooo! Way to go!
Whaaat!!? That's awesome! The more I eat, the more I lose. I can live with that!!!
oh and I'm not a certified accountant but I do accounts receivable where I work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
whoa, mizzcase! that's awesome.

i was down a pound this morning. so salty gain gone plus a teeny bit.

today's plan: (2147 ceiling ... 2068 floor; protein -- 88-92g)

cals: 1946
protein: 81 g
fat: 174 g
carbs (total) -- 21 g

coffee w/ 6T hwc

6oz 75/25 ground beef w/homemade mayo and a little sf ketchup
2oz pecans

8oz chicken breast reheated in 2T butter, guy's bbq
2oz almonds

keeping it simple.
YAY again!

Quote:
Morning all sounds like all of you are doing a great job!
I say my lowest this morning 163.6
Was very busy yesterday I get to set up my stuff at a consignment store that will be open in jan.want cost me anything cause I'm going to work one day a week for her for free so a win for her and me now I get to go back to auctions makes me happy
Cheryl you go girlI'm tring to catch you.but you keep up that good work..some day we both will be there
WOOOHOOO congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Hmmm, that wouldn't exactly be called Camel Toe now would it?
Ok hahahaha THIS was way too funny to read at work
Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #408
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I believe the term for that would be
Gawd I am OLD! I didn't know there was a companion term lol
Old 12-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #409
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
There was a brief note back some time about fat bombs of meat. Did anyone experiment with that? I envision one of diced roast beef or ham, cream cheese, maybe CO, olives or pickles. I still have to be careful of any CO after about 10 am because it hypes me up and I can't get to sleep. Need to get my plastic ice cube trays out and experiment.
Was it a long time ago? Seems like I remember that vaguely but not specifics off hand.

It'd have to be with meat that was tasty cold. Hmm. Maybe with prosciutto? I got that as a snack one day when I was out and about months ago, prosciutto with cheese. Very delicious cold.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #410
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I posted this on another thread, but it's funny enough to mention twice. Mr. Lossgirl and I went out to an Italian restaurant last night. I asked about one of the sauces, because it sounded like it contained corn starch or sugar (it did, so I passed on it). Then my waitress said, "Since you can't eat a side of pasta, would you like a potato instead?"
How silly. I was a really great breakfast cafe the other day and ordered an omelet with NO sides. She asked me if I wanted to replace the hashbrowns and toast with a big pancake Haha

Quote:
I just want to sorry about my spelling sometimes I'm not very good at it.heres a little about me.
I'm from Virginia when I was 14 yes 14 I got married,by the time I was 19 I had 3 babies,so I quit school half way tru 7th grade.but in 1984 I did get my GED.and went to management school,I have been a district mg.for a big retail store.so I'm a hard worker but not a speller as you can see.one time I was texting my d.but got busy so my h was doing it,so my d asked is this my mother she knew I did not no how to spell some of those words. So please forgive me on the spelling.
Thanks so much for sharing your story with us Becky! I'm sure most of us use spellcheck and we always know what you are saying anyway
I'm always happy to see your posts.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Red the prosciutto with cheese is soooo yummy!! small cream cheese balls mixed with olives and wrapped in prosciutto would be devine in my book
Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Gawd I am OLD! I didn't know there was a companion term lol
Neither did I! Moose knuckle?

So do we know what BBC is yet? I may have missed it.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #413
Blabbermouth!!!

I have 8oz of cream cheese I need to use. I made banana cheese clouds with the other 8oz stick a few weeks ago - bad news for me. They are too tempting to have around here. I'm not sure that batch made it to the end of the day.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #414
Blabbermouth!!!

No word on the mysterious BBC yet
Old 12-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #415
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I believe the term for that would be "moose knuckle"...
OMG, har har har har!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #416
Blabbermouth!!!

Yesterday I ended up being near a wal-mart and hungry so I got about 8oz of peppered turkey breast deli-thin sliced fresh from the deli. Dang that is good stuff. I started to get some cheese too but I didn't want to eat too much when I had a lot of stuff at home to eat.

If I rode past someone snacking on naked lunch meat like that I'd would instantly assume/know they were LC'rs. Do you all? I'm always on the lookout for fellow healthy eaters.

Last edited by reddarin; 12-05-2012 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #417
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
How silly. I was a really great breakfast cafe the other day and ordered an omelet with NO sides. She asked me if I wanted to replace the hashbrowns and toast with a big pancake Haha

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us Becky! I'm sure most of us use spellcheck and we always know what you are saying anyway
I'm always happy to see your posts.
I type fast, don't worry too much about errors in spelling here, as long as I know you get what I mean.

Our motto, don't worry, be happy!
Old 12-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
No word on the mysterious BBC yet
Maybe the poster meant BPC.. Bulletproof coffee?
Old 12-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That makes sense. The poster said it was awful, I don't know why we want to know so badly...I guess to avoid it.

Any body else just NOT hungry today? I ate half of my breakfast and have no desire to eat anything else...
Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #420
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I bet you are right!! I racked my brains for a few mins trying to figure out what it might be if it were a typo and drew a blank. I don't drink BPC so I don't see that abbr. very often.

Buttery, oily coffee has to be an acquired taste lol. I love CO and it took me a bit to get used to CO in my coffee.

Closed Thread