Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all sounds like all of you are doing a great job!
I say my lowest this morning 163.6
Was very busy yesterday I get to set up my stuff at a consignment store that will be open in jan.want cost me anything cause I'm going to work one day a week for her for free so a win for her and me now I get to go back to auctions makes me happy
Cheryl you go girlI'm tring to catch you.but you keep up that good work..some day we both will be there

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #362
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
heh

I had/have a black belt that has holes all the way around it. I was trying to find a bigger one just before LC when I was fat and getting fatter. I kept having to pull that belt tighter as the fat dropped off. I was so thrilled the first time I pulled it past the belly fat pressed in line it had. Eventually I had to cut off several inches of the belt because it was way too big for me. Gosh things like that really make a person indescribably happy. I had to trim it again before I quit wearing it. I still have all three pieces and I look at them occasionally lol.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Then I highly doubt your 7 pound loss is water weight. Maybe some of it. Did you do measurements before you started NK? That'd tell us in a heartbeat. If your numbers were the same then it probably would be mostly water weight.

I lost about 4 inches around my waist within four or five weeks of starting NK. Like from 44" to 39". I think I was at 38.5" at belly button level before I quit smoking and high dived off NK. I kept a log of my waist measurements and I'll continue that when I am back in the grove. I did check one time during my haze of smoking cessation bingeing (which looks weird but the Free Online Dictionary says that is correct or 'binging' but that makes me say 'bing ing' in my head when I see it while 'bingeing' produces the silent 'binge e i ing' but I digress) and I'd added at least an inch around my middle! That coincided with the huge jump on the scale.

Can't stress that enough to the lurkers! Measure yourself. It isn't hard and it will amaze you. It will shore you up when the scale lies to you. It is another data point to help you draw a straight line, as much as possible, from fat to not-fat.

If you love ccz as much as cz then you will be delighted I think
I hadn't measured inches when doing low-carb, but when I started NK I did. I've lost an inch and a half in my waist over the course of a week, going for 29 to 27.5. No major changes on the other measurements. I guess that's a good loss for me. No loss in my hips or chest, but I have a natural hourglass shape, so the loss in my waist makes it more pronounced.

Its hard for me to accept the fact that I lost 7 pounds of fat (maybe LBM as well, but I think I've been getting enough protein) in 7 days. Definitely not in a 3500/day calorie deficit.. I'm actually eating more now than I EVER have.

Whatever, it's working, so I'm not questioning it.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 AM   #364
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Was very busy yesterday I get to set up my stuff at a consignment store that will be open in jan.want cost me anything cause I'm going to work one day a week for her for free so a win for her and me now I get to go back to auctions makes me happy
Cheryl you go girlI'm tring to catch you.but you keep up that good work..some day we both will be there
congrats Becky!! That is really exciting!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #365
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Question!!Did y'all no there is sugar in our toothpaste ,when I was on NK under a dr.care she told me that,she said to use Toms toothpaste.just thought I tell y'all that to funny,we're you can find sugar.
I make my own with coconut oil.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #366
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Quote:
Way to go! The consignment store setup sounds fun too!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

I just want to sorry about my spelling sometimes I'm not very good at it.heres a little about me.
I'm from Virginia when I was 14 yes 14 I got married,by the time I was 19 I had 3 babies,so I quit school half way tru 7th grade.but in 1984 I did get my GED.and went to management school,I have been a district mg.for a big retail store.so I'm a hard worker but not a speller as you can see.one time I was texting my d.but got busy so my h was doing it,so my d asked is this my mother she knew I did not no how to spell some of those words. So please forgive me on the spelling.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #368
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
I posted this on another thread, but it's funny enough to mention twice. Mr. Lossgirl and I went out to an Italian restaurant last night. I asked about one of the sauces, because it sounded like it contained corn starch or sugar (it did, so I passed on it). Then my waitress said, "Since you can't eat a side of pasta, would you like a potato instead?"
Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #369
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Hooray!!! Congrats!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 AM   #370
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I posted this on another thread, but it's funny enough to mention twice. Mr. Lossgirl and I went out to an Italian restaurant last night. I asked about one of the sauces, because it sounded like it contained corn starch or sugar (it did, so I passed on it). Then my waitress said, "Since you can't eat a side of pasta, would you like a potato instead?"
Old 12-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #371
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I just want to sorry about my spelling sometimes I'm not very good at it.heres a little about me.
I'm from Virginia when I was 14 yes 14 I got married,by the time I was 19 I had 3 babies,so I quit school half way tru 7th grade.but in 1984 I did get my GED.and went to management school,I have been a district mg.for a big retail store.so I'm a hard worker but not a speller as you can see.one time I was texting my d.but got busy so my h was doing it,so my d asked is this my mother she knew I did not no how to spell some of those words. So please forgive me on the spelling.
Wow! Great personal history story Becky! And that is so funny about your DD lol.

No worries on the spelling. I use an integrated spell checker or you'd be thinking "well, at least I spell better than that guy".

Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #372
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
I hadn't measured inches when doing low-carb, but when I started NK I did. I've lost an inch and a half in my waist over the course of a week, going for 29 to 27.5. No major changes on the other measurements. I guess that's a good loss for me. No loss in my hips or chest, but I have a natural hourglass shape, so the loss in my waist makes it more pronounced.

Its hard for me to accept the fact that I lost 7 pounds of fat (maybe LBM as well, but I think I've been getting enough protein) in 7 days. Definitely not in a 3500/day calorie deficit.. I'm actually eating more now than I EVER have.

Whatever, it's working, so I'm not questioning it.
lol

I have bouts of cognitive dissonance on occasion.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Question!!Did y'all no there is sugar in our toothpaste ,when I was on NK under a dr.care she told me that,she said to use Toms toothpaste.just thought I tell y'all that to funny,we're you can find sugar.
Actually, I believe that is a misconception as the American Dental Association would never endorse such a thing. This quote from Wikpedia may explain the comment from your doc.

"Agents are added to suppress the tendency of toothpaste to dry into a powder. Included are various sugar alcohols, such as glycerol, sorbitol, or xylitol, or related derivatives, such as 1,2-propylene glycol and polyethyleneglycol.[8] Strontium chloride or potassium nitrate is included in some toothpastes to reduce sensitivity. Sodium polyphosphate is added to minimize the formation of tartar."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Cici. Oh we start parties tomorrow night. I love/hate them. I just tell them all I am allergic, that puts a plug in it....(which I really am!)
Me too. Very handy with this WOE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
Great news on the weight loss! I switched over to BBC rather than the fatbombs bc they were taking too many carbs. I had to choke the BBC down at first and now I like it.
BBC?

Quote:
I had/have a black belt that has holes all the way around it. I was trying to find a bigger one just before LC when I was fat and getting fatter. I kept having to pull that belt tighter as the fat dropped off. I was so thrilled the first time I pulled it past the belly fat pressed in line it had. Eventually I had to cut off several inches of the belt because it was way too big for me. Gosh things like that really make a person indescribably happy. I had to trim it again before I quit wearing it. I still have all three pieces and I look at them occasionally lol.
Measureable success not only found on the scale. Must give you some warm fuzzy feelings of accomplishment to look at how far you have come.

Hi, to everyone. Seems to be lots of success stories this morning.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #374
Blabbermouth!!!

I went by Sears yesterday and bought some 33x34 and 32x34 505 jeans

At the moment I am wearing 34s and the 33s are a little bit tight with the 32s being too tight for public viewing lest I be subject to rude comments from passersby.

I expect to get out of the 34s within a week or two though.

How long has it been since I wore less than a 34 in jeans? I've thought about that many times since finally being able to actually get that size on let alone button and zip it. I just can't remember. High School? I never was fat till I hit my 30s when my hard living finally caught up with me and then it was a slow but sure slide to obese.

I wondered, after the fact, if 32s are really going to be normal for jeans for me? When I found out my frame size was medium and reset my goal weight it is in the 160s which is at least 30 pounds more fat off me. When I got to 186 before quitting smoking the 34s were loose on me. But maybe 33s are about as low as is reasonable? It'd help if I could remember how old I was when I wore 32x34s.

There's probably a lesson in there about heavy drinking, partying and memory
Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #375
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Just wanted to bring this up in our December thread. I don't think it was in the November thread...

You can make an inexpensive grade of steak tender by salting it. Google '163-how-to-turn-cheap-choice-steaks-into-gucci-prime-steaks' for a very interesting and informative article by a lady named Jaden!

Here is the post where abouts that discussion started in that thread:

High Fat 80/15/5 - October Version
Tender Steak is an oxymoron at my house. I've never prepared at steak that was edible, unless you like extra thick beef jerky.....

Good morning to All! Congrats on the losses and the new lows! As usual, I'm three pages behind. My we travel quickly here....

I had to laugh at the macadamia indulgences. I bought a jar yesterday and last night I ate 3. Whole. Macadamia nuts. I was actually scared to death I'd eat the whole jar, so I got out three and put the jar away and wouldn't let myself back in the kitchen. They were delicious. I also purchased a liter bottle of AW root beer and had nice float w/ HWC. Yum!

Thanks for all the great time honored remedies for a cold. I particularly liked the "Vicks on the feet" one. While I'm a California girl, most of my relatives are Southern. I've had some interesting treatments before. My favorite is Vicks on my neck, wrapped in a wash cloth while eating hot soup...breaks a fever fast.

I give up, what is BBC? and why does it taste so bad?

Red, once upon a time I wore men's 29/30 501 jeans. I thought I was fat. Congrats on the new numbers. I would kill to wear a 34.

Today's numbers:

Calories: 1814 (1841 floor)
Fat 149.3 (198)
Protein 109.6 (92)
Carbs 17.7

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 12-05-2012 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: to add numbers
Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 AM   #376
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
Thanks Buffy -- I have some Pepsi Max and HWC -- gonna go try it!!

Oh, oh, tried it and it is awesome! And I got to try the root beer and the orange and....!!!!!
The best tasting orange I have found is the Fanta Zero, liked it better than the Sunkist. For root beer, can't beat A&W.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #377
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
158!!! A new low

yahoo!!! I wonder if that vitamin c is helping me lose cause
I have been eating 90% cocoa and was afraid that would hinder my loss but it has been better.

No one else got sick yet.
Thanks Southerngirl about the vit C. I knew I should be taking it but I need reminding.
Yeah yeah yeah 158 yeah yeah yeah 158 oh yeah!
Soooo happy for you!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #378
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Rough night last night.. ate my typical 1600 calories. Was still hungry so bye bye to half a can of macadamia nuts, 2 oz cream cheese, and I slice of pumpkin bake with about half a can of SWEETENED spray whipped cream..

Soooo I got on the scale this morning.. 120.8, -.4 from yesterday! What the what? Haha, this time last week I was 127.6, I will take a 6.8 pound weekly loss, even though it was mostly water weight.

:
Awesome loss for the week, . Good job!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #379
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
The best tasting orange I have found is the Fanta Zero, liked it better than the Sunkist. For root beer, can't beat A&W.
Did I mention that I am a Wal-Mart zombie? heh

I remember about 10 years ago, after many years of strictly wal-mart shopping that I had to go into an Albertsons for something for my father. I was shocked. Flavors of Tombstone pizza that I'd never seen and never thought existed. It was like that Russian defector back in the late 70's that was taken to a typical shopping mall - he couldn't believe the 'opulence' and was adamant that it was a Potemkin village lol.

All that to say, Fanta has a Zero version???
Old 12-05-2012, 08:53 AM   #380
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
whoa, mizzcase! that's awesome.

i was down a pound this morning. so salty gain gone plus a teeny bit.

today's plan: (2147 ceiling ... 2068 floor; protein -- 88-92g)

cals: 1946
protein: 81 g
fat: 174 g
carbs (total) -- 21 g

coffee w/ 6T hwc

6oz 75/25 ground beef w/homemade mayo and a little sf ketchup
2oz pecans

8oz chicken breast reheated in 2T butter, guy's bbq
2oz almonds

keeping it simple.
Another loss to celebrate,
Old 12-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #381
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What a great tip! Thanks!
Now I wish I had that kind
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #382
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Post what you think when you try it. I am on the fence about the cherry flavored ones, even the cherry coke zero. But I like plain coke zero a whole lot.

I haven't tried the Mug brand, just A&W, but I can't imagine any rootbeer float being bad heh

I finally got some Sunkist orange soda so I am planning on trying that today. I've never tried the orange float before.
Red, in case you don't care for the sunkist, I didn't I'm afraid, try the Fanyo, I liked it a lot better. If you haven't opened the case, I would even exchange it, but maybe you will like it, I dunno

Mug RB, haven't tried that one, might have to.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #383
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Sooo happy for you, wow, such a day for losses on our thread!!!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #384
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Guess I have read about and or was dieting of one kind or another for so many years that I can't believe people still don't understand different WOE but I should, I can remember growing up stick thin and in high school, when one of my friends said she was on a diet, asking "what's a diet?"
Old 12-05-2012, 09:15 AM   #385
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Wow! Great personal history story Becky! And that is so funny about your DD lol.

No worries on the spelling. I use an integrated spell checker or you'd be thinking "well, at least I spell better than that guy".

Yes, no problem on the spelling we always know what you mean. And Red, I do have to say that I have been impressed with your great spelling at times, AHA!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #386
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
At the moment I am wearing 34s and the 33s are a little bit tight with the 32s being too tight for public viewing lest I be subject to rude comments from passersby.

Hmmm, that wouldn't exactly be called Camel Toe now would it?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad I wasn't the only one confused on BBC
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Hmmm, that wouldn't exactly be called Camel Toe now would it?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

heh if I could find a grammar chequer that wasn't a pain to use ya'll would think that the Turing machine had been successfully invented
Old 12-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
heh if I could find a grammar chequer that wasn't a pain to use ya'll would think that the Turing machine had been successfully invented
Closed Thread