Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #331
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
If they find me slumped over the laptop I hope I was in the middle of writing something extraordinarily witty

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
OK...I finally have good news! I was .6 on the ketone reading this morning so I finally got over .5! I did the "new macros" that Major Red gave me...higher calories, more protein, more fat, and still kept my TOTAL carbs to under 20...usually they are about 12. I also finally saw a really nice 1# drop on the scale, so I can happily report that I am finally lower than my starting weight from late August! I have 1.6# more to lose and I'll be at the lowest weight of 2012 for me. But not the lowest in the last 2 years, so that's where I'm heading, I hope. I think upping the calories (hard to do!!!) and upping the protein to the 1.5 P/V range seems to have been the key, and 2 cups of BPC was very helpful to get in more fat without relying on fat bombs (i make them without cocoa).
Great news on the weight loss! I switched over to BBC rather than the fatbombs bc they were taking too many carbs. I had to choke the BBC down at first and now I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Tablis....7# total loss is wonderful! I'm glad you are finally also seeing a turn around on the scale. It has taken me over 3 months, so we are finally on the right track. And, I also have low BP and didn't do well with the potassium supplements that have been so highly recommended. I'm taking one every 3rd day and that seems to be okay. Buffy and I had not so great feelings taking it regularly. We are all different, so just go slowly.
Thanks for the warning on the potassium... I'll start with one every third day to and see how that works.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Just FYI~ I currently take a "potassium sparing" BP RX. I've been warned NOT to supplement or even use "light" salt products. Just in case someone here is doing the same and hasn't heard this.
Thanks for that info!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #334
Senior LCF Member

oceana,
you look amazing in your new avatar!
SKINNY jeans! WTG!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
158!!! A new low

yahoo!!! I wonder if that vitamin c is helping me lose cause
I have been eating 90% cocoa and was afraid that would hinder my loss but it has been better.

No one else got sick yet.
Thanks Southerngirl about the vit C. I knew I should be taking it but I need reminding.
Yeah yeah yeah 158 yeah yeah yeah 158 oh yeah!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #336
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
158!!! A new low

I have been eating 90% cocoa and was afraid that would hinder my loss but it has been better.

Thanks Southerngirl about the vit C. I knew I should be taking it but I need reminding.

hurray for you!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:18 AM   #337
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mizzcase
Stats: 5'4 141/130.2/113
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: March 20, 2012
Rough night last night.. ate my typical 1600 calories. Was still hungry so bye bye to half a can of macadamia nuts, 2 oz cream cheese, and I slice of pumpkin bake with about half a can of SWEETENED spray whipped cream..

Soooo I got on the scale this morning.. 120.8, -.4 from yesterday! What the what? Haha, this time last week I was 127.6, I will take a 6.8 pound weekly loss, even though it was mostly water weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
Oh, Thank G-d, I did good today!!! No mac nuts!!!! I had steak and salad for lunch, egg salad for a snack, and cc w/cheddar and olives w/coffee and hwc for a dinner-ish snack. My calories were at around 1600, protein at 70- Macros were 79/18/3

i have to take the day step by step, but I'm proud of myself
Way to go! I had half a can of macadamia nuts last night, are we trading vices on this board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Mizz! I hated statistics!!! That was my last class in college. Ahh, another blooming audit person?? Remember that most companies don't hire on perfect GPAs. Breathe, breathe, breathe. Ask yourself if this stress will matter in a year, five, or ten!
Another? Is there another accountant on this board? I hope to go into public, or headed to law school to study tax law-- all depends on what kind of job the sailor lands after getting out of the Navy. He is a nuclear engineer, so his job offers take precedence, I can get an accounting gig anywhere.
Thanks for the encouragement, I so appreciate it!

Quote:
158!!! A new low

Woooooo! Way to go!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 AM   #338
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Rough night last night.. ate my typical 1600 calories. Was still hungry so bye bye to half a can of macadamia nuts, 2 oz cream cheese, and I slice of pumpkin bake with about half a can of SWEETENED spray whipped cream..

Soooo I got on the scale this morning.. 120.8, -.4 from yesterday! What the what? Haha, this time last week I was 127.6, I will take a 6.8 pound weekly loss, even though it was mostly water weight.
WOW! yer on to something!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:39 AM   #339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
whoa, mizzcase! that's awesome.

i was down a pound this morning. so salty gain gone plus a teeny bit.

today's plan: (2147 ceiling ... 2068 floor; protein -- 88-92g)

cals: 1946
protein: 81 g
fat: 174 g
carbs (total) -- 21 g

coffee w/ 6T hwc

6oz 75/25 ground beef w/homemade mayo and a little sf ketchup
2oz pecans

8oz chicken breast reheated in 2T butter, guy's bbq
2oz almonds

keeping it simple.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
Thanks Buffy -- I have some Pepsi Max and HWC -- gonna go try it!!

Oh, oh, tried it and it is awesome! And I got to try the root beer and the orange and....!!!!!
I not sure I'd have ever been brave enough to try HWC and soda pop if not for Buffy and Deborah talking about it back in October (I think). So dang tasty heh.

Be sure to try it with Coke Zero!!!! So awesomely excellent!!! Deborah told me about that one and it is by far my favorite so far!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:54 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateenie View Post
For bone broths, I use a big stock pot that came with a "pasta" insert that is really a giant strainer. Plop bones, celery, etc. in and then just pull out the inner pot and the broth is ready! Good thing, since I don't cook pasta in it
What a great tip! Thanks!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #342
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I not sure I'd have ever been brave enough to try HWC and soda pop if not for Buffy and Deborah talking about it back in October (I think). So dang tasty heh.

Be sure to try it with Coke Zero!!!! So awesomely excellent!!! Deborah told me about that one and it is by far my favorite so far!

Red, I am thinking about trying it with some cherry coke zero today. I love diet Mug RB w/ HWC, hope I feel the same about the cherry coke.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
Great news on the weight loss! I switched over to BBC rather than the fatbombs bc they were taking too many carbs. I had to choke the BBC down at first and now I like it.
What is that?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #344
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
158!!! A new low
Hooray!!!! Congrats!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Red, I am thinking about trying it with some cherry coke zero today. I love diet Mug RB w/ HWC, hope I feel the same about the cherry coke.
Post what you think when you try it. I am on the fence about the cherry flavored ones, even the cherry coke zero. But I like plain coke zero a whole lot.

I haven't tried the Mug brand, just A&W, but I can't imagine any rootbeer float being bad heh

I finally got some Sunkist orange soda so I am planning on trying that today. I've never tried the orange float before.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
nice!
i love steak and salad, so filling... how do you season your steak?
yea, with various seasonings...this time I used salt, onion powder and adobo seasoning. My favorite marinade is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic- best ever!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #347
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
158!!! A new low

Awesome! So happy for you- good job!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Wow! ~7 pounds is awesome! Were you LC before you began NK?

Congrats on the loss!!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member

Way to go! I had half a can of macadamia nuts last night, are we trading vices on this board?

Hey- that works for me...you seem to lose no matter what
Old 12-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #350
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i was down a pound this morning. so salty gain gone plus a teeny bit.
Yay!!! Congrats!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow! ~7 pounds is awesome! Were you LC before you began NK?

Congrats on the loss!!
Yes I was, always went way over on protein though, so never lost that much overall..

I LOVE regular cherry coke zero, so I bet the float version will be excellent. I love Coke Zero (and Cherry Coke Zero), I really can't tell any difference between that and the regular, sugar-ful version. Diet Coke makes me dry heave though.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 AM   #352
Senior LCF Member

SG- you posted about vicks being rubbed on the feet before bed to help with sinus stuffiness. It reminded me of a remedy my naturopath gave me once- helped unbelievably well- but it's weird. Get a pair of cotton socks and wool socks. Soak the cotton socks in ice cold water, ring them out really well and put them on your feet. Put the wool socks over the cotton socks and go to bed. The wool keeps the bed from getting wet. I did this, woke up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and the cotton socks were totally toasty dry!! By the morning I felt 10xs better!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #353
Senior LCF Member

Mizzcase- way to go on the 7lb loss in 1 week! That's awesome! I 2nd Red's question- were you LC before NK?

Also- I went back to school last year to finish my BA and I had to take statistics- whoa that sucked!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Yes I was, always went way over on protein though, so never lost that much overall..

I LOVE regular cherry coke zero, so I bet the float version will be excellent. I love Coke Zero (and Cherry Coke Zero), I really can't tell any difference between that and the regular, sugar-ful version. Diet Coke makes me dry heave though.
Then I highly doubt your 7 pound loss is water weight. Maybe some of it. Did you do measurements before you started NK? That'd tell us in a heartbeat. If your numbers were the same then it probably would be mostly water weight.

I lost about 4 inches around my waist within four or five weeks of starting NK. Like from 44" to 39". I think I was at 38.5" at belly button level before I quit smoking and high dived off NK. I kept a log of my waist measurements and I'll continue that when I am back in the grove. I did check one time during my haze of smoking cessation bingeing (which looks weird but the Free Online Dictionary says that is correct or 'binging' but that makes me say 'bing ing' in my head when I see it while 'bingeing' produces the silent 'binge e i ing' but I digress) and I'd added at least an inch around my middle! That coincided with the huge jump on the scale.

Can't stress that enough to the lurkers! Measure yourself. It isn't hard and it will amaze you. It will shore you up when the scale lies to you. It is another data point to help you draw a straight line, as much as possible, from fat to not-fat.

If you love ccz as much as cz then you will be delighted I think
Old 12-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #355
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
SG- you posted about vicks being rubbed on the feet before bed to help with sinus stuffiness. It reminded me of a remedy my naturopath gave me once- helped unbelievably well- but it's weird. Get a pair of cotton socks and wool socks. Soak the cotton socks in ice cold water, ring them out really well and put them on your feet. Put the wool socks over the cotton socks and go to bed. The wool keeps the bed from getting wet. I did this, woke up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and the cotton socks were totally toasty dry!! By the morning I felt 10xs better!
that IS wierd. wonder why it works?
i also have a natural remedy that works. you put a drop of tea tree essential oil (make sure its pure) into 1 Liter boiling water - in some kind of plastic basin (not styrofoam- it will melt and you can get burned). put your head over it and inhale the steam. Really works.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #356
Blabbermouth!!!

Just wanted to bring this up in our December thread. I don't think it was in the November thread...

You can make an inexpensive grade of steak tender by salting it. Google '163-how-to-turn-cheap-choice-steaks-into-gucci-prime-steaks' for a very interesting and informative article by a lady named Jaden!

Here is the post where abouts that discussion started in that thread:

High Fat 80/15/5 - October Version
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 AM   #357
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Then I highly doubt your 7 pound loss is water weight. Maybe some of it. Did you do measurements before you started NK? That'd tell us in a heartbeat. If your numbers were the same then it probably would be mostly water weight.

I lost about 4 inches around my waist within four or five weeks of starting NK. Like from 44" to 39". I think I was at 38.5" at belly button level before I quit smoking and high dived off NK. I kept a log of my waist measurements and I'll continue that when I am back in the grove. I did check one time during my haze of smoking cessation bingeing (which looks weird but the Free Online Dictionary says that is correct or 'binging' but that makes me say 'bing ing' in my head when I see it while 'bingeing' produces the silent 'binge e i ing' but I digress) and I'd added at least an inch around my middle! That coincided with the huge jump on the scale.
Wow that's a huge amount of inches in 5 weeks!
LOL- I'll second that- both present forms of binge are strange looking but binging is worse bc it brings to mind a doorbell rather than lotsa carbs!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:41 AM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Also- I went back to school last year to finish my BA and I had to take statistics- whoa that sucked!
lol
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #359
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
Quote:

Can't stress that enough to the lurkers! Measure yourself. It isn't hard and it will amaze you. It will shore you up when the scale lies to you. It is another data point to help you draw a straight line, as much as possible, from fat to not-fat.

If you love ccz as much as cz then you will be delighted I think
i haven't measured, never do. but even tho my scale is only going down in fractions, i can tell way more a difference in the mirror and how my clothes fit. my belt has 5 holes. i was always on the 5th hole before my gain. before i got serious about resolving said gain, the third hole was wee tight. i am nearly back to the 5th hole inspite of the scale only moving down only tenths (0.2-0.4) of a pound at a time.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #360
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
i haven't measured, never do. but even tho my scale is only going down in fractions, i can tell way more a difference in the mirror and how my clothes fit. my belt has 5 holes. i was always on the 5th hole before my gain. before i got serious about resolving said gain, the third hole was wee tight. i am nearly back to the 5th hole inspite of the scale only moving down only tenths (0.2-0.4) of a pound at a time.
heh

I had/have a black belt that has holes all the way around it. I was trying to find a bigger one just before LC when I was fat and getting fatter. I kept having to pull that belt tighter as the fat dropped off. I was so thrilled the first time I pulled it past the belly fat pressed in line it had. Eventually I had to cut off several inches of the belt because it was way too big for me. Gosh things like that really make a person indescribably happy. I had to trim it again before I quit wearing it. I still have all three pieces and I look at them occasionally lol.
Closed Thread