Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
OK...here's my latest soup concoction that both hubby and I love and I have made it 2 times in the last 2 weeks.

I start with a package of bacon (16 oz) and cook it up in jelly roll pan on foil in the oven). I let it cool and pour the bacon grease into the soup pot while it's hot/liquid. Then I crumble the bacon into the pot. Add 6-8 cups of chicken broth (I buy the organic boxed ones and use 1.5 to 1.75 boxes) and simmer. Add in onion. chopped celery and let that simmer. I have a cooked turkey breast from costco and chop up 2 cups of cubes of the meat and add that....you could use chicken or whatever you wanted! After that has simmered through, I add in 1/2 cup of HWC , 1.5 cups of water and a CUBE of butter! Salt and pepper and it's sensational!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2012, 12:41 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: One maur time
WOE: Atkins, lchf, nk
Start Date: 01/15/2011
Dear Southern Girl
Thanks for your imput. I do test with a blood ketone meter but only after the overnight fats and usually test barely in ketosis.
Maureen
Old 11-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Aright, just read through all the posts I missed - I'm off for one day and need time to catch up!

I hit multiple stores over the past few days buying clearance Halloween decorations for next year And I've been filling up my calendar with new responsibilities; I really don't have a ton of free time, but I need to "get out" more and make local friends since I currently have none. So, I'm now a proud member of my HOA's activities planning committee, and I've volunteered to host the holiday "treat exchange" party for a group I belong to of local area first time moms (looking at probably 30-40 adults plus babies!). I'm excited, as I was unable to host gatherings at my last home due to severe lack of available parking. I'm also planning my Black Friday dinner (since so many people have family dinners on Thanksgiving Day, we instead do a family activity that day and then have our big dinner on Friday so others don't have conflicting family commitments). So, LOTS going on!

This weekend, I plan to pack away all the Halloween stuff I bought and maybe start putting out my autumn/Thanksgiving decorations. Tomorrow, I'm going to a Christmas tree on sale at Michael's since we didn't even bother putting one up in our townhouse last year. Now, even though we won't be having Christmas dinner at my house or anything, it will be Mr. baby's first Christmas, so we just have to have a tree

I've been sticking to low carb, but I'm not seeing any progress on the scale at ALL. I figured I'd be at least a few pounds below 200 by Halloween. Instead, I am holding steady at 201 I even had a few days of much lower calories and protein because of my tummy issue, but that still didn't help. I know I need the whey protein supplements, but I'm thinking maybe I need to lower protein elsewhere throughout the day. I may even be able to work the protein powder into other things instead of having it separately as shakes. It's tricky, though, since protein powder clumps up when mixed into hot liquid, so I'll have to tinker with things a bit. I have to figure something out for breakfasts, as I usually just have a protein shake because it's so easy while I'm getting myself and Mr. Baby ready for the day before running out the door to daycare/work. Time to get thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
OK...here's my latest soup concoction that both hubby and I love and I have made it 2 times in the last 2 weeks.

I start with a package of bacon (16 oz) and cook it up in jelly roll pan on foil in the oven). I let it cool and pour the bacon grease into the soup pot while it's hot/liquid. Then I crumble the bacon into the pot. Add 6-8 cups of chicken broth (I buy the organic boxed ones and use 1.5 to 1.75 boxes) and simmer. Add in onion. chopped celery and let that simmer. I have a cooked turkey breast from costco and chop up 2 cups of cubes of the meat and add that....you could use chicken or whatever you wanted! After that has simmered through, I add in 1/2 cup of HWC , 1.5 cups of water and a CUBE of butter! Salt and pepper and it's sensational!!!!!
That sounds REALLY good! I'm thinking some cheddar cheese added in there and topping with sour cream might make it almost like a loaded baked potato soup (sans potato)
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 11-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Dear Paula Bob
I think your explanation makes a lot of sense. I have not been diagnosed diabetic or pre-diabetic. Since I have started the ketone testing I started testing my glucose just to see how it impacts on my ketosis and I barely make it into ketosis but frequently test in the 110's for glucose. Clearly the metabolic resistance has put me at risk for diabetes. This is after nearly 2 years of strict low carb and a 60+ lb weight loss. Thanks for your imput.
Maureen
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Dear Buffy
Sounds great. I think I will try it. Thanks.
Maureen
Old 11-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Dear Shelley
That sounds like a great recipe. Would you says it Tate's like a cream of turkey with bacon? I am inspired as sadly it is getting chilly here in NYC. They are talking about high 30's tonight.
Maureen
Old 11-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by One maur time View Post
Dear Paula Bob
I think your explanation makes a lot of sense. I have not been diagnosed diabetic or pre-diabetic. Since I have started the ketone testing I started testing my glucose just to see how it impacts on my ketosis and I barely make it into ketosis but frequently test in the 110's for glucose. Clearly the metabolic resistance has put me at risk for diabetes. This is after nearly 2 years of strict low carb and a 60+ lb weight loss. Thanks for your imput.
Maureen
Since I am surely not a doctor, let me trot out an un-asked-for question.

Have you considered asking your doc for a prescription for metformin? I have heard of many people who have found success losing weight after that, even though they are not diabetic.

Your doc might at least evaluate whether this would be useful for you. Someone else more knowledgeable about this may chime in.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Since I am surely not a doctor, let me trot out an un-asked-for question.

Have you considered asking your doc for a prescription for metformin? I have heard of many people who have found success losing weight after that, even though they are not diabetic.

Your doc might at least evaluate whether this would be useful for you. Someone else more knowledgeable about this may chime in.
I think this is a good idea too
Old 11-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Dear Judy
I may it explore that. I had that in the back of my mind. I wonder what happens when you go off meteformin. Does your blood sugar go crazy and you gain the weight back?
Maureen
Old 11-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Dear Judy
I may it explore that. I had that in the back of my mind. I wonder what happens when you go off meteformin. Does your blood sugar go crazy and you gain the weight back?
Maureen
I could answer you, but I'd just be making things up.

I betcha somebody more knowledgeable will come in and help us out with that question.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I could answer you, but I'd just be making things up.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Dear Shelley
That sounds like a great recipe. Would you says it Tate's like a cream of turkey with bacon? I am inspired as sadly it is getting chilly here in NYC. They are talking about high 30's tonight.
Maureen
HI Maureen...I think it would depend on how much broth you have. Hubby and I love broth to just "drink" out of a cup, so I put in more than you might. This is a thin creamy broth that has the chicken and bacon that fall to the bottom of the bowl or pan. But it's sooooo good. I like Jilly's idea of putting shredded cheddar on top too. Don't know that I want sour cream with the HWC in it. But who knows! It's good though!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Wow...this has been mentioned to me a few times too Maureen. We are both having pretty much the same challenges, along with SouthernGirl. I just don't want to be on more meds than my thyroid, so that bugs me. But I also have been LC for years and years and have done the NK for 2 months and am right where I started...up and down the same 3# and am now on the "upper" end of the middle of those 3#. I am wondering about the metformin stuff. Guess I need to research. How many here are taking it and how do you feel about it? Anyone on thyroid as well?
Old 11-03-2012, 06:57 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Dear Shelley
I know meteformin is a powerful drug. That part puts me off it if everything else is fine and doesn't need correction. What frustrates me is that LCHF is supposed to improve or cause diabetes to go into remission. Since I have been very strict for 2 years I lament why I haven't seen the benefit and why I haven't made it the whole way weight wise. Why have I stalled. When I stalled last fall I went paleo( no nuts, no dairy no artificial sweetners, no booze). This delivered another 20 lb weight loss but then I stalled. Since September I have reintroduced dairy and a small amount of cashews only. I have done NK solidly for 2 months and lost 5lbs. nothing to get super excited about. I need a strategy to improve the NK outcome.
Maureen
Old 11-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
I personally wouldn't consider metformin a powerful drug. Different people obviously have different individual experiences, when I was diagnosed with my type 2 diabetes, I was put on metformin, and had my dosage increased multiple times until I was maxed out, and it really did nothing for me. But then, I also never had the unpleasant side effects it causes for many (gastrointestinal issues), so maybe my body just passed it right through :P
Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyGirly View Post
Do any of you eat flax in your current plan? I'm mainly thinking about the OMM's that I eat a couple of times a week and wondering if I should cut those out.
I make a point of eating flax daily because the lignans in it help prevent the terrible cramps I usually get as a result of this WOE. I haven't had any problem with it throwing me out of ketosis so far. I also use unsweetened flax milk for the same reason, which is pretty much like almond milk.

If you're finding problems with flaxseed, you could always use either nut flours or oat fiber for your OMM.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: LC: 04/11 • NK 10/12
I'm usually a lurker, but I really appreciate the support you all give one another, and I've learned a lot from it. I kind of hit the wall today because my appetite is really gone and I'm having to make myself eat. I'm a bit unclear on the macros. I know I need to eat my required protein grams, but how important is it to get the fat grams over 70%? I've been aiming for 80%, usually get around 75%, but the last two nights got only 72.5% because I just couldn't make myself eat any more. (Never thought I'd be writing those words...before starting NK I had to fight my desire to overeat.) I see that eventually you're supposed to be dropping your calories, so how do you do that and still get your protein and fat percentages?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #78
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: webwoman100
Stats: 315/248/139 (-67)
WOE: Tried Everything. Now LCHF
Start Date: Started LCHF 06.24.14
Breakfast: Half of the "whole hog" breakfast at Carol's Diner. ;-)
Lunch: Avocado salad
Dinner: Mexican Spinach Casserole - muy bueno
Snacks: Coffee w/hwc

Cals: 1384
Fat: 79.8%
Prot: 14.1%
Car: 6%

The magnesium is working! Thanks for the tip!

Karen
Old 11-04-2012, 04:24 AM   #79
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: omatic
Stats: 148/140/130
I am so frustrated with the ketone meter, four errors for who knows what reason and now three LO. Really $$ ? What did I do yesterday to get LO? Hopefully just a cranky meter. Now I am cranky
Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 AM   #80
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
I'm usually a lurker, but I really appreciate the support you all give one another, and I've learned a lot from it. I kind of hit the wall today because my appetite is really gone and I'm having to make myself eat. I'm a bit unclear on the macros. I know I need to eat my required protein grams, but how important is it to get the fat grams over 70%? I've been aiming for 80%, usually get around 75%, but the last two nights got only 72.5% because I just couldn't make myself eat any more. (Never thought I'd be writing those words...before starting NK I had to fight my desire to overeat.) I see that eventually you're supposed to be dropping your calories, so how do you do that and still get your protein and fat percentages?
They do say that as you get in deeper NK that your appetite will decrease. Maybe you are at that point. There are some days I just don't get the protein in. There is always tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:43 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UnstrungHarp
Stats: 147/141/120
WOE: NK; HF/MP/LC
Start Date: November 1, 2012
Hi everyone!

I am relatively new to this WOE but not new to this thread... I've honestly read it from the very beginning until now. I wanted to pop in, introduce myself and maybe ask a few questions. I'm very wordy, so this will be a long post, I'm sure. I probably won't do daily check ins but have really enjoyed reading about all your experiences!

I first read about NK (HF/MP/LC) on Jimmy Moore's blog and then read everything else I could find about it, which is what led me to this message board. I don't even remember how I first landed on Jimmy's blog site, but I know I must have been searching for something out of sheer desperation. I've steadily climbed up in weight over the past year or so, which previously seemed inexplicable because I was doing everything "right" (I thought). I've been eating relatively low carb, cheating maybe once or twice a week, and have done advanced/"extreme" workouts six days a week for years... I wasn't really following a strict WOE or plan of any kind, but I apparently was over-confident and had myself convinced that I only needed to shed a few body fat percentage points or vanity pounds. Then a few things happened that shocked the pants off me (literally!).

I discovered I had already gone through VERY early menopause (I just turned 32). I had gone without a TOM for not quite a year and had some other menopause symptoms. When I finally had my hormones tested, my doctor confirmed that there's no doubt I'm post-menopausal, even though I hadn't gone a full year without a TOM yet. I'm now on low dose birth control pills, which actually seem to be helping. But even before that doctor visit, I had begun to notice that some of my clothes didn't fit right anymore, like the aforementioned pants, and I felt so uncomfortable in my own skin. I couldn't accept the fact that anything had really changed and that my extra weight was no longer a vanity issue. But nothing could hide the fact that the doctor's scales showed 20 pounds more than I thought they would. That over-confidence had kept me off my scales at home for so long, I had no idea I had gained 20 pounds and was now almost 30 pounds over the goal weight I had been chasing for years. Denial is an amazing thing!

As for today, I'm now about one week into the NK WOE. I thought it was impossible at first, after I tracked what I typically ate in a day and found that my protein intake was sky high. Even my carbs were higher than I would have imagined. I went through the typical day and tried to find ways to tweak the ratios to something like a 80/15/5 and just couldn't do it. Obviously I needed a major overhaul, not just tweaking. So the first few days of my first week probably don't even count because my numbers were so far away from where they should have been. (Side note: I have a cabinet full of delicious Quest protein bars and a fridge that contains quite a few GNC Lean Shakes, and I now have no idea what to do with them. )

I've been keeping a daily food log in a spreadsheet that does all my calculations for me so I can quickly see total grams and percentages at a glance. According to that, last Thursday, November 1 was the first day I started to get things under control. So, maybe I should say I've only been truly following this WOE for three days!! November 1 was the first day I was brave enough to step on the scale in the morning, and sadly enough it said the same number as the doctor's scales had said several months ago... and this time, I was at home, it was morning and without clothes. The next day said the same. Then yesterday, I must have had a "whoosh" of 2 pounds, and this morning, November 4, another pound was gone! Which means 3 pounds in 3 days of strictly following NK. I don't want to get too excited because I know weight can fluctuate drastically from day to day, but right now I'm

Oh - I did want to mention that I currently have no plans of getting a ketone meter, although there's a big part of me that wants one very badly. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning that always involves a blood test, and I'm tempted to ask if they can add another test in there. I don't have complete control over what they do because I'm participating in a clinical trial for a psoriasis medication, and the checkups and blood tests are all part of their standard procedure. But I guess it never hurts to ask, since I've already got to give them a couple of vials of blood anyway. (If anyone is curious, I've been in this clinical trial for over a year, and once they increased my dosage halfway through the trial, the medication started working beautifully. I'm now 99% clear and ecstatic about it!)

I do have one question right now, and I probably waited too late to ask, since the time is rapidly approaching. Maybe someone will see this before lunchtime today! Does anyone have any ideas for what to order at a Mexican restaurant that won't throw my protein off for the day? We always eat there on Sundays for lunch, and last time I "custom" ordered a plate of Mexican grilled steak pieces topped with cheese and sour cream. After getting home and calculating the estimated protein, it must have been at least 50 grams!! I guess I could try a half order of the steak. Or I could just sip a glass of water while everyone else eats, because I probably won't be too hungry anyway...

That's enough about me!! Thanks in advance for any advice. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Old 11-04-2012, 04:51 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/24/12
I'm curious what the magnesium is for. I know potassium helps w/cramps....which i haven't experienced which then leads me to believe that I'm not really in ketosis yet...i don't have my meter yet to least. Since this woe, i have focused on salt intake and thats about it other than tracking my macros (which has been difficult bc we r still away from home). As much as I'm enjoying the weather where we r and seeing my family...having my regular schedule back would be nice. I am really getting alot out of following you guys on here...thx for continuing to post and support one another.
Sophie
Old 11-04-2012, 05:00 AM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/24/12
Unstrungharp- good luck with this woe! As far as eating out, i would suggest a cpl things. One is to just eat the protein they serve and don't eat anymore protein for the day. Or you could put half away in a to go box or give it to someone else...or u could split the whole meal with someone else. Good luck!
Sophie
Old 11-04-2012, 05:13 AM   #84
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnstrungHarp View Post

Thanks in advance for any advice. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
Good Morning Fellow Middle Tennessean! Welcome

When I go to Mexican I order a side of guacamole with 6 grilled shrimp. Yummy! Stay the course and you will be do well.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Good Morning! My sweet puppies didn't get the message on the time change....so it feels like lunchtime now! Geeze, wish they would just leave the time alone!

Omatic, when the others were getting their meters, I thought, "self, do you really need this? do you have the time to do this? do you want that pain in your fingers, remember when you had to do that for the hypoglycemia?? do you want to spend that money on strips when it could be good steaks??" Then the frustration from some with the meters and numbers. I said nope, just keep doing this and understanding my body. When I hit the "zone" of not very hungry and in control, I knew I was there. It's something you may want to put down for a while. I believe in less stress...my job gives me more than enough as well as the politicians!

Hi MerryKate! Sounds like you are in the "zone"! I get my protein and watch carbs to the gm. Then fat comes in. Total calories are a game in my opinion. Kristn seems to have developed a sure macro for her that peeled it off with less calories. If I eat less than 1500 I don't feel right, not hungry, just not myself.

Karen, what is half the "whole hog" and where can I go??? I love breakfast. Not so much the other meals right now....need gumbo! Mag is great for your heart too....it's the #1 supplement for that...well, and CoQ10 too.

Jilly, hope you are able to figure out the puzzle for you soon. I think that something with your bariatric surgery, digestion, metabolism may be at play. Rare doc that has the specialty for that much to take the time to sort through. What were you doing pre-Mr Baby that worked? I know my body whiplashed with prego time; and changed for several years during three pregancies, that was over five years.

Maureen and others who have discussed taking metformin for weight loss.....proceed taking with caution. My first gut reaction is to be very careful taking a drug off FDA approval first round usage. MDs are allowed by law to prescribe as they will off-label; but the Pharma can't advertise for anything but what is approved. Many excellent findings for drugs have come about because of off-label trials and findings. That said, consider your medical record as well. We have an electronic system now that "talks" and validates from your EMR, insurance payor, Medicare, Pharmacy claims, MD claims, that all have Codes that tell each other what is your diagnosis....and they will review when you have medications that "say" diabetes. Nanny healthcare is here in part, will be a daily review with auditors in the future. Medicare and commercials are monitoring for off-label usage too, and at points of what they decide is 'overuse'...they will cease coverage and deny. purchase self-pay for the best chance at what privacy we have left.

Glucophage (metformin) and Byetta (exenatide)
These two diabetes drugs are also being prescribed by obesity specialists to aid weight loss in diabetics. Glucophage lowers glucose levels and increases insulin sensitivity, so you'll be less hungry and less likely to overeat. It's often used with Byetta, an injectable diabetes drug that delays the movement of food from your stomach into your small intestine, so it may extend fullness and help you to eat less. RISKS: Both drugs can initially cause nausea, upset stomach, and diarrhea — which may be partly responsible for weight loss.
These medications are for people who are diabetic or those who are overweight (having a BMI of 25 or more) and also have elevated blood sugar levels and diabetes. Both drugs are approved to treat diabetes.

In the wake of the Avandia scandal, and I had a friend on that....he just took it and overate. He took a break from his diabetes every summer. Drives me nuts. Now right now, there are trials for a really good alternative to medication....in Big Pharma's backyard! It's called benfotiamine -- and while it's sold as a prescription "drug" overseas, it's really just a synthetic derivative of ordinary vitamin B1, a.k.a., thiamine.

There's just one big difference between the two: While thiamine is water soluble, benfotiamine is fat soluble -- and that allows your body to absorb it five times more efficiently.
Benfotiamine takes excess blood sugar and puts it to work -- restoring balance by allowing your blood cells to use the glucose instead of becoming overrun with the stuff. When Pharma figures out how to make big money on it, and get a Vitamin approved as a prescription it may come to market.

So, bottom line....talk to your healthcare professional honestly on if this is something that you would benefit from, but just taking it for weight loss should be extra-thinking required in my opinion.

Last edited by SouthernGirl61; 11-04-2012 at 05:31 AM..
Old 11-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Unstrung! Wow, 32 and land in PM. I am 51 and got shocked with that diagnosis about a month ago. I had been on BCP (continuously) for years to control migraines. It hit me hard. But at 32!! I think I would have had to find a cave for a while. I have realized this is a huge stall and like you, I was confident on my HP LC eating....then after years of maintaining close to goal, I just sat stalled for 18 months. I am on a path to find something to use, likely, BHRT....got to feel better than this! Expect a couple weeks to get it all solid, we all get into NK at different times. Mexican restaurants should have fish to grill, or chicken to grill....then do as you did, get guac, sour cream, cheese and enjoy.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
I'm curious what the magnesium is for. I know potassium helps w/cramps....which i haven't experienced which then leads me to believe that I'm not really in ketosis yet...i don't have my meter yet to least. Since this woe, i have focused on salt intake and thats about it other than tracking my macros (which has been difficult bc we r still away from home). As much as I'm enjoying the weather where we r and seeing my family...having my regular schedule back would be nice. I am really getting alot out of following you guys on here...thx for continuing to post and support one another.
Sophie
Magnesium is wonderful for overall heart health #1. It helps with the constipation some suffer in LC. Get any type with "ate" at the end, oxide is not really absorbed well, so it is a cheaper form that will keep you in the potty a while. Overall benefits are incredible for one mineral, especially for women.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #88
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie

Finally starting to feel human again after that tummy bug I had weeks ago.
I am planning on starting back on NK/JUDD tomorrow and maybe (hopefully) can get a workout in.
I have tried to eat "right" but until about 3 days ago, just had zero appetite and working out had zero energy.
I was finally actually hungry Friday (lol) and the food isn't upsetting my tummy, so hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow.
I did check blood ketones on and off and have been between .8 and 1.6 the entire time, but I'm guessing that's from not eating.
Hopefully it won't take too long for my metabolism to revv back up. I'm fully expecting a 5lb gain this week as I try to increase food.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
It doesn't happen to everybody, I guess, but it sure happened to me - I stopped being hungry and stopped looking for food and stopped planning 'when' I could eat next. It was/is AWESOME after years and years of dieting and feeling like I couldn't wait to eat again. But never enjoying the food my diet required.

Eat to your protein amount. There is no requirement to eat high fat grams. Your body can use its own fat. I think if you eat too few calories, that's not good. You are now at a point where you can rationally decide to nourish your body. Don't go too low. Don't worry about getting all the fat grams in.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:04 AM   #90
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
I was going to respond to MerryKate just as Judy did. Most important, get your minimum protein grams in, most stay on the low end. Then, count your carbs, keep them low to begin with, a lot of us shoot for 20 or less. Then, let the fat fill you up until you are not hungry. Like Judy said, you don't have to have the exact 80/15/5, that is just an example of how this might shake out but you don't have to eat that much fat.
Closed Thread