Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 PM   #691
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Anjikun
Hi Tablis,

I'm in Montreal. I'm not really that concerned about the MRI (the last one didn't find anything, so I bet this one won't either), so I won't be going anywhere to pay for it privately. I read the "Stop the Thyroid Madness" site suggested by Kristn, so I will definitely be asking my doctor for the free T3 and T4 tests. My main complaint is definitely fatigue/exhaustion, which fits with hypothyroid, and my mom had that.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #692
Senior LCF Member

My fat bombs turned out super yummy.

This is what I ended up putting: butter, coconut oil, almond/hazelnut butter, unsweetened coconut, cinnamon and sea salt. I put them in the freezer.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #693
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
Hmm... that doesn't sound so hard! Maybe I'll give that a try!
Definitely was not hard. I macadamia nuts. I wish I were one of those people that could just eat a few macadamia nuts and be done, but if I have them, they WILL get eaten.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #694
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
My weight is down again this morning to 196.5. I'm wondering if maybe hormones are leveling out and had been stalling me previously, as I am just on the tail end now of an unusual TOM (sorry for the TMI, men!). I am happy to feel like I have a bit of a "cushion" away from 200. I'd like to say I'll never see the 200s again, but I do want to have another baby in the future, so I won't rule it out, depending on how soon we become pregnant again

Made 2 batches of fresh cranberry sauce last night, one sweeter (with Splenda and Stevia in the Raw) and the other more bitter (my mother and I prefer it less sweet, so used a lot less sweetener in that batch). This morning, I steamed up a bunch of fresh cauliflower for mashed cauliflower and then nuked a spaghetti squash. Trying to get some things done ahead of time so family holiday dinner isn't stressful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
I just noticed that Nutritional Ketosis now has it's own home on LCF under Weight Loss Plans. We're not in "Other Plans" anymore.

Now all the threads are under one umbrella it will be easier for people to find this WOE!
I just noticed that last night, too. I went to the "other plans" section to see if there were any general LC Thanksgiving recipe/menu threads, and I noticed this and the couple other NK threads were all marked as "moved." I like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnstrungHarp View Post
I waited til the last minute and now I really dread hitting the grocery story today.
heh, I went to the grocery store at about 9 this morning, figuring most people would be at work. It was already crazy! Lots of people with kids, lots of men with lists who you could tell weren't used to grocery shopping trying to find things...I was glad I wasn't in a rush!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 11-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #695
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Thanks for this information. I just looked at all my old blood tests and see that I have been tested for TSH, about once year for the past bunch of yrs but not T3 or T4. There were a couple including the most recent about a year ago that were above 2.0 but the dr. said it was fine. I will ask for a repeat and also the t3 and 4 this time.
Make sure that they are FREE T3 and FREE T4 and not total or uptake T's!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #696
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #697
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Making SF and regular cranberries for tomorrow and then when the turkey comes out, will teach DD how to make regular and LC gravy from the drippings. I won't have the mashed potatoes but love the gravy on my turkey. We are just making stove top stuffing, that way we really won't be tempted, LOL. Is that cheating?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #698
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Making SF and regular cranberries for tomorrow and then when the turkey comes out, will teach DD how to make regular and LC gravy from the drippings. I won't have the mashed potatoes but love the gravy on my turkey. We are just making stove top stuffing, that way we really won't be tempted, LOL. Is that cheating?
I'm just glad my DH decided against making his gourmet mac n cheese. I could not resist that! I'm bringing salad and brussel sprouts and rolls (will have to eat -1- and 1 only). Desserts I can leave behind...don't have a sweet tooth usually.

Happy Thanksgiving all, and thanks for all the kind thoughts, I'm doing pretty well now.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #699
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnstrungHarp View Post

Embarrassing confession: I embarked on my fat bomb journey a little while ago without realizing that it would be a good idea to confirm that I owned some kind of tray that I could pour the mixture into for cooling/hardening.
Do you have either silicone baking cups, or regular cupcake liners? Both work well for fat bombs, and the mini-cupcake size is just about a perfect size. I love the silicone cups - they are really worth the cost.

One other tip: the chocolate coating is pretty good, but just blending dark cocoa powder into the body of it is even better, and a lot less mess. :9 The last batch I made, I used up my homemade hazelnut butter, but it was so good I'm going to have to make more. Mmmm.....

Last edited by MerryKate; 11-21-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Old 11-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #700
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MerryKate
Stats: 252/196.5/150
WOE: Nutritional ketosis
Start Date: April 2011
After such a bad morning yesterday, I went supercharged, ketosis-wise. I finally got my macros at 82% fat, 13% protein and 5% carb by having a big ol' bulletproof coffee for breakfast, macadamia nuts for my snack, and hamburger for dinner. So I decided to take a chance on testing my ketones this morning, and about my dropped my teeth: 4.5! Whoa! I'm happy to say it only took one test strip this time.

I'm off to make low-carb stuffing tonight (made from flaxseed focaccia bread). We have a cheesecake cooling in the frige for tomorrow's dinner. I'm going to sit down and figure out how much turkey I can eat without going over my protein allowance.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #701
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
We are just making stove top stuffing, that way we really won't be tempted, LOL. Is that cheating?
If that works for you! I happen to love even just stove top, so we're not having any stuffing at all. I just can't keep my fork (or fingers) out of it!

So, no stuffing. I know I can't resist it. But I do happen to have almond meal, coconut flour, and ground flaxseed...any good recipes for a dinner roll/bread to have with our meal? The almond butter bread has too much of the nutty flavor for this type of dinner, and I've never had much luck with the oopsie rolls.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #702
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryKate View Post
After such a bad morning yesterday, I went supercharged, ketosis-wise. I finally got my macros at 82% fat, 13% protein and 5% carb by having a big ol' bulletproof coffee for breakfast, macadamia nuts for my snack, and hamburger for dinner. So I decided to take a chance on testing my ketones this morning, and about my dropped my teeth: 4.5! Whoa! I'm happy to say it only took one test strip this time.
Woo hoo! Congratulations on those ketones!

Quote:
I'm off to make low-carb stuffing tonight (made from flaxseed focaccia bread). We have a cheesecake cooling in the frige for tomorrow's dinner. I'm going to sit down and figure out how much turkey I can eat without going over my protein allowance.
I'll be interested to know how the stuffing comes out. We're making a turkey over the weekend (tomorrow's dinner is at some friends' house) and I would like to try a new LC stuffing.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #703
Major LCF Poster!

Tonight was a big rush making cheesecakes with my son, heading off to kettlebell class, picking up our CSA box...

We left the cheesecakes to cook while we were at class and the top of the regular one cracked. Luckily we're going to put some blackberry sauce on top of it, so it should be okay. The sugar-free pumpkin one looks pretty good.

Tomorrow will be a very limited menu for me at our friends' house. Luckily the company will make up for the lack of LC options.

Jilly--I'm with you on the stuffing. I like any and all types of stuffing, but have learned to resist over the years with LC options. Tomorrow will be a test as I will just have to pass on the stuffing.
257/144.8/150
BF% Goal 26%/20%/20%
February Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?
Nutritional Ketosis Thread Information and Posts of Interest
My Maintenance Journal
Original weight 2001--257 Maintaining 165-175 from 2002-March 2012
March 2012 to August 2012--175/150 Made Goal 8/27/12!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #704
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Jilly, I've made these and they are very good. It was posted on LCF by the Chicken Lady:

Fluffy Biscuits
Adapted from a recipe by Laura Dolson

Makes four biscuits

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 cup plus two tablespoons of almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 egg whites

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

The technique for these biscuits is simple. All you need is a fork and couple of bowls. Follow these easy steps to biscuit perfection!

1. Cut cold fat (butter or shortening) into dry ingredients with the tines of your fork, rotating the bowl around with your other hand until the mixture has pea-sized chunks throughout.

2. Chill mixture in the fridge for 5-10 minutes or as long as you can stand it. The longer the better. The more the fat can get cold and hard, the puffier your biscuits will be.

3. Separate the egg yolks from the whites (using the shell halves to tip the yolk back and forth a few times). Reserve yolks (save all that creamy goodness for ice cream or homemade mayo!) and whisk egg whites with a fork in a bowl for 20 seconds, until no longer stringy and gloopy. You just want 'em a little foamy.

4. Remove mixture from fridge and whisk in the egg whites for a couple of seconds, breaking up any massive chunks in the dough with your whisk or fork. It'll be an extremely runny dough with chunks of the almond mixture. Pour it into greased foil-lined ramekins/nonstick muffin cups/a muffin top pan and get that sucker in the hot oven before the fat can even THINK about softening!

IF YOU ARE USING FOIL-LINED RAMEKINS, bake for 15 minutes. IF YOU ARE USING A MUFFIN TOP PAN, bake for 12 minutes. The edges of these biscuits stick really badly, so be sure to grease liberally whatever vessel you're using to bake these. Some sort of non-stick pan works best here! Silicone muffin cups are great, too. Foil-lined ramekins are alright, but you have to gently tease the muffins out of the foil.
~2.5 grams net carbs per biscuit!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 PM   #705
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
THank you!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #706
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjikun View Post
Hi Tablis,

I'm in Montreal. I'm not really that concerned about the MRI (the last one didn't find anything, so I bet this one won't either), so I won't be going anywhere to pay for it privately. I read the "Stop the Thyroid Madness" site suggested by Kristn, so I will definitely be asking my doctor for the free T3 and T4 tests. My main complaint is definitely fatigue/exhaustion, which fits with hypothyroid, and my mom had that.
Ok well I well the main thing is that I hope you feel better soon!
I have some family and freinds in Canada and I know how frustrating the medical system can be...
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 PM   #707
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
and are the current levels the dr is using correct or is it like TSH that you have a different number I should be measuring against?

I do have some symptoms so I wonder...
Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #708
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Jilly, I've made these and they are very good. It was posted on LCF by the Chicken Lady:

Fluffy Biscuits

Makes four biscuits

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 cup plus two tablespoons of almond flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 egg whites

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

The technique for these biscuits is simple. All you need is a fork and couple of bowls. Follow these easy steps to biscuit perfection!

1. Cut cold fat (butter or shortening) into dry ingredients with the tines of your fork, rotating the bowl around with your other hand until the mixture has pea-sized chunks throughout.

2. Chill mixture in the fridge for 5-10 minutes or as long as you can stand it. The longer the better. The more the fat can get cold and hard, the puffier your biscuits will be.

3. Separate the egg yolks from the whites (using the shell halves to tip the yolk back and forth a few times). Reserve yolks (save all that creamy goodness for ice cream or homemade mayo!) and whisk egg whites with a fork in a bowl for 20 seconds, until no longer stringy and gloopy. You just want 'em a little foamy.

4. Remove mixture from fridge and whisk in the egg whites for a couple of seconds, breaking up any massive chunks in the dough with your whisk or fork. It'll be an extremely runny dough with chunks of the almond mixture. Pour it into greased foil-lined ramekins/nonstick muffin cups/a muffin top pan and get that sucker in the hot oven before the fat can even THINK about softening!

IF YOU ARE USING FOIL-LINED RAMEKINS, bake for 15 minutes. IF YOU ARE USING A MUFFIN TOP PAN, bake for 12 minutes. The edges of these biscuits stick really badly, so be sure to grease liberally whatever vessel you're using to bake these. Some sort of non-stick pan works best here! Silicone muffin cups are great, too. Foil-lined ramekins are alright, but you have to gently tease the muffins out of the foil.
~2.5 grams net carbs per biscuit!
Sounds good!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:48 AM   #709
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Hey Guys!
Jilly- congrats on the loss!
I hope everyone enjoys T-day! We are thankfully lying low this year- my family is too far away (and we just saw them), my husbands family is mostly spread out all over this year (grad school and recent moves) so no one who is still near us has expressed a need/desire to get together for T-day...So, my husband and children and I are hitting the movies and hanging out all day- just us (yay! no traffic/cooking, etc).

On another note- I weighed myself last week and was up over 2lbs (so depressing) at 146.2. I was afraid to go on the scale again, but did today and came in at 145.2- although it's still up from what my current weight was- I know why I gained and I am happy for the 1lb loss. I had a good day yesterday- food wise, and hope I am turning a corner w/the endless need to snack. The thing I have changed- which unfortunately I think is needed for me-- is IFing until lunch time. It's a lot easier to wait to eat breakfast until later than to eat breakfast and wait to eat a late lunch/dinner. I have been starting each morning w/large glasses of water, 1T olive oil (taken straight), and (decaf) coffee w/2oz of HWC- then nothing until lunch time.

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #710
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok well I well the main thing is that I hope you feel better soon!
I have some family and freinds in Canada and I know how frustrating the medical system can be...
Thanks Tablis! Were are your friends/family in Canada?

I see from your other post that you are worried about thyroid as well. What symptoms are you having? After reading that STTM site, I think that could definitely be my problem. I wish I had read that when I went to my doctor the other day!
Old 11-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #711
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah, forgot it was turkey day for all of you in the States (I'm originally from Michigan). In Canada our thanksgiving is much earlier.

Have fun, and good luck staying on plan (if you decide to).

Oh and by the way, there is one MAJOR problem with the fat bombs I made: they are too delicious! I can't stop eating them, and my little boys like them too!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #712
Senior LCF Member

Happy Thanksgiving (US folks, anyway!)! Mr. Baby is proudly sporting a "First Thanksgiving" onesie

My mother, sister, and niece are on their way up this morning, so they should be here in maybe another 3 hours or so (just got off the phone with them, and they were stopping for a breakfast break). I'm so happy they're coming, but this is our first Thanksgiving without my father, so it's all sort of bittersweet. I look at my son and can't help but smile, but then two seconds later I'm crying over missing my dad. So, staying busy - already steamed my broccoli this morning for my cheesy broccoli casserole stuff, defrosted all my turkey cutlets and fillets last night...the only things I haven't yet started are the green beans (which I'll just steam and mix up with some oil, garlic, and parmesan), some sort of bread, and the baby squashes (I saw them at the store yesterday and couldn't resist because they're just so freaking cute! I'll just steam them and add butter and seasoning, so easy peasy).

My mom said she made apple crisp. I know I will have some, but at least I also know she made it with Splenda (she's type 2 diabetic - she still eats carbs but watches her actual sugar intake...I've tried to convince her to try low-carb, not just low sugar, but to no avail!). I also bought some Edy's no sugar added vanilla ice cream and some Extra Creamy Cool Whip. Whew, plenty of junk! Good thing the actual dinner will be meat, fat, and non-starchy veggies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

Fluffy Biscuits
Thank you! I will definitely try this. I bought a big pack of almond meal online, so I have a ton of it to experiment with!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
So, my husband and children and I are hitting the movies and hanging out all day- just us (yay! no traffic/cooking, etc).
We have had years on the past where we all just went to a movie on Christmas Day and didn't have our Christmas celebration until New Year's (my sister's first husband was military, so he would only get one holiday or the other off, so we would wait until we were all together to celebrate). I also use to work at a movie theater, and they are surprisingly busy on holidays! I also get annoyed when I see these retail workers complaining about working on Thanksgiving. Movie theaters are open 365 days a year. I have worked many Thanksgivings, Christmases, New Year's Eves, Easters, 4th of July nights...okay, I'll stop that mini rant :P
Quote:
Oh and by the way, there is one MAJOR problem with the fat bombs I made: they are too delicious! I can't stop eating them, and my little boys like them too!
I found a little ice cube tray in the $1 bin at Target that makes tiny round ice cubes. I'm going to use that to make some fat bombs so they're just like little candies instead of like peanut butter cup size. I think my brain will be happier if I can have a little handful of something instead of just one larger something. Oh, the mental games we play I haven't made any fat bombs yet (well, made something similar by doing vanilla coconut bark), and I've got butter, coconut oil, coconut butter, almond butter, unsweetened shredded coconut, unsweetened cocoa powder, and just bought some dark cocoa nibs yesterday (never even saw them before and just happened to notice them in a random place in the store) - I need to get on it!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #713
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
and are the current levels the dr is using correct or is it like TSH that you have a different number I should be measuring against?

I think this is a YMMV thing. Most of the sites recommend that your Free T4 be in the upper 50% of the range (whatever range is given by your lab, they vary), and the Free T3 closer to the top of the range. But some people feel better with their numbers right in the middle of the range. The one thing everyone agrees on though is that if your Free T3 is at the bottom of the range you probably feel pretty crummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasonnier View Post
I hope everyone enjoys T-day! We are thankfully lying low this year- my family is too far away (and we just saw them), my husbands family is mostly spread out all over this year (grad school and recent moves) so no one who is still near us has expressed a need/desire to get together for T-day...So, my husband and children and I are hitting the movies and hanging out all day- just us (yay! no traffic/cooking, etc).
Happy quiet Thanksgiving day.

Quote:
On another note- I weighed myself last week and was up over 2lbs (so depressing) at 146.2. I was afraid to go on the scale again, but did today and came in at 145.2- although it's still up from what my current weight was- I know why I gained and I am happy for the 1lb loss. I had a good day yesterday- food wise, and hope I am turning a corner w/the endless need to snack. The thing I have changed- which unfortunately I think is needed for me-- is IFing until lunch time. It's a lot easier to wait to eat breakfast until later than to eat breakfast and wait to eat a late lunch/dinner. I have been starting each morning w/large glasses of water, 1T olive oil (taken straight), and (decaf) coffee w/2oz of HWC- then nothing until lunch time.

Enjoy your day everyone!
It sounds like you are figuring out what works for you! I too am up a couple of pounds (and I haven't changed anything!). After Thanksgiving I'm going to make a few changes to try and get back down if it doesn't resolve itself.

Quote:
I actually stopped making them because I have a portion control problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving (US folks, anyway!)! Mr. Baby is proudly sporting a "First Thanksgiving" onesie
How cute! I'm sure he's adorable in them.

Quote:
My mother, sister, and niece are on their way up this morning, so they should be here in maybe another 3 hours or so (just got off the phone with them, and they were stopping for a breakfast break). I'm so happy they're coming, but this is our first Thanksgiving without my father, so it's all sort of bittersweet. I look at my son and can't help but smile, but then two seconds later I'm crying over missing my dad.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You must miss him terribly.

Quote:
My mom said she made apple crisp. I know I will have some, but at least I also know she made it with Splenda (she's type 2 diabetic - she still eats carbs but watches her actual sugar intake...I've tried to convince her to try low-carb, not just low sugar, but to no avail!). I also bought some Edy's no sugar added vanilla ice cream and some Extra Creamy Cool Whip. Whew, plenty of junk! Good thing the actual dinner will be meat, fat, and non-starchy veggies!
You'll do great. It sounds like the right combo of good food and junk.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #714
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Happy Thanksgiving to all! (including our Canada friends)...been a busy couple days, DDs are in, four dogs! Catch up later!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #715
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad to have 4 days off and to spend some time with friends and family. I really have a lot to be thankful for, but I do miss my oldest son--it's his first Thanksgiving away from the family.

In other news my weight didn't budge this morning, but my ketones keep going up (1.9 this morning). I have decided that if I am still at 152 on Monday I'm going to cut back to the levels I was eating when I was losing until I'm back below 150. But mentally I can't do that until the Thanksgiving weekend is over.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #716
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, lots of great posts.

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you.

Relax and enjoy the day, eat as well and as near your WOE as possible but tomorrow is another day if you do slip up. I don't think I will but the day is not over yet. Have made substitutes for the things that would really tempt me.

Back down to 192.8 this morning and would like to see more of that 192 instead of it bouncing right back up a lb or 2 like it did last time.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #717
Major LCF Poster!

Now that NK has its own forum we can use it to address specific topics and questions rather than keeping everything in long meandering threads. Questions won't get lost and it will be useful for new people checking out this WOE--it's hard to find specific topics in the long threads.

Here's a direct link to the forum.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #718
Big Yapper!!!!

This is great news Kristn!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #719
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Tablis! Were are your friends/family in Canada?

I see from your other post that you are worried about thyroid as well. What symptoms are you having? After reading that STTM site, I think that could definitely be my problem. I wish I had read that when I went to my doctor the other day!
Wow I just spent some time reading the "long and pathetic list of symptoms" and I have several of them... yipes. I have asked drs many times about the possibility of a thyroid problem bc of my difficulty losing weight and they have said as long as my TSH is in range there is no problem. (just eat less and WO more...) I'm not going to have any easy time getting anyone to do this labwork...
Old 11-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #720
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:

TSH is not a test of your thyroid, although most people optimized are under 1.0 and the range is quite big.

The position of the range for the FT3 and FT4 is critical....not "just in range" as doctors usually think. Don't want to get too technical on this forum though.
Closed Thread