Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pinky45
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Okay guys...I need some advice. I have a killer flu. I was so sick yesterday. I drank water, diet pepsi and had a little chicken broth. Normally when I am sick my go to food is tea and toast. When my stomach is like this I sure don't want meat and salad! What do you guys suggest?
Buffy, I could so relate to that rough day you had sticking to the diet. I use to like to munch while on the road too! It is funny how food cravings can hit much the same as cigarette cravings do. It is an overwhelming urge sometimes. But you handled it so well! Better to have a pig out on low carb foods. Good for you!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Ok I have the munchies today. I feel like I could eat non stop. I had some almonds and they are too tempting. So I had a string cheese and 4 slices of pepperoni. Thats besides breakfast of eggs and sausage.
I have a steak (new york strip) planned for lunch

Hope I can hold out till then.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Good morning everyone!

Day 2 of no weigh-in and yesterday was another high calorie day. Lots of carbs from almonds and I made cream cheese clouds so some carbs from the splenda in them.
Red, do you have liquid splenda, or any stevia drops? I can't stand to give up my carbs to granular splenda, I am very stingy with my carbs, . I like the taste of splenda though, but have the liquid. I have an array of sweetners now and mix and match. Have found that I love the Swerve but mix it with other things b/c of the cost. But, it does not raise my BS at all which is great.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Ok I have the munchies today. I feel like I could eat non stop. I had some almonds and they are too tempting. So I had a string cheese and 4 slices of pepperoni. Thats besides breakfast of eggs and sausage.
I have a steak (new york strip) planned for lunch

Hope I can hold out till then.
Strongly recommend a half lb of fatty brisket Might start carrying it around in my purse
Old 11-05-2012, 06:57 AM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky45 View Post
Okay guys...I need some advice. I have a killer flu. I was so sick yesterday. I drank water, diet pepsi and had a little chicken broth. Normally when I am sick my go to food is tea and toast. When my stomach is like this I sure don't want meat and salad! What do you guys suggest?
Buffy, I could so relate to that rough day you had sticking to the diet. I use to like to munch while on the road too! It is funny how food cravings can hit much the same as cigarette cravings do. It is an overwhelming urge sometimes. But you handled it so well! Better to have a pig out on low carb foods. Good for you!
Oh Pinky, I hear you, my favorite food is toast and butter, but especially if I am sick, like you, that and a hot beverage is what I want. SF jello might go down, although it doesn't offer you any substance. Lots of broth. Hopefully some of the others will have some good ideas for you. Add some cream to your broth as well.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:24 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

I'm sipping homemade chicken soup this morning and it is going down good. I have sf jello in the fridge. I also found this pancake recipe I might make later if I feel up to it.

Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes

Print

Recipe type: Breakfast, Low Carb

Prep time: 20 mins

Cook time: 6 mins

Total time: 26 mins

Serves: 2

A satisfying alternative to pancakes when you’re following a low carb eating plan. These are also grain-free and gluten-free, and very tasty!

Ingredients
◦4 oz. cream cheese, softened
◦2 large eggs
◦1/2 tsp cinnamon
◦1 dash sea salt
◦1 Tbsp ground flax seed
◦1 packet SweetLeaf 100% Natural Stevia Sweetener*, optional
◦Frozen berries to top

Instructions

1.Set cream cheese out to soften an hour or more before you make.
2.Separate eggs, and beat egg whites till peaks form in your mixer.
3.In large bowl add cinnamon, sea salt, ground flax and stevia to egg yolks and mix well.
4.Mix cream cheese into egg yolk mixture, blending well. I did this part in my mixer by transferring the egg white out while being careful not to deflate.
5.Fold in egg whites.
6.On hot, buttered skillet pour by 1/4 cup portions as you would regular pancakes. Make sure to flatten a bit to shape them into pancake size.
7.Cook 2-3 minutes on each side on medium low temperature.
8.Top with frozen berries or thaw berries first. Can also make a homemade whipped topping with stevia powder instead of sugar.
9.Makes 5 pancakes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right now, in theory, this sounds good to me. If I make them I'll let y'all know!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Good morning everybody, I guess I will try just to stay on this site. If I look around to much I think I will try this one. Maybe lose faster. I guess I have been dieting to long. I know this is really the best way to go. especially for my sugar.And I have got serveral friends now doing and they would kill me if I change again. So I better stick to this.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!

Ahh, Pinky, that sounds like comfort food, which is what you probably want and need right now. Try adding some HWC to your broth, heating it up and adding more salt, think it will taste good and give you some extra good fats. Get well soon!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Happy Monday!

Today makes my 6th day smoke free. I made it all weekend even having cocktails and being around other smokers. It was tough, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I tried to stay busy most of the time, and that seemed to help.

I spent most of the day on Saturday in the kitchen. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do....unfortunately, my rear shows it! I've now got plenty of things to choose from for the week. Chicken salad, hb eggs, roasted turkey, smoked salmon dip w/pork rinds, broiled cod, pizza toppings for dip or omelets, bacon, shrimp w/alfredo. Made homemade noodles, mashed potatoes and boiled some pasta for the hubby. All we'll need to do is reheat whatever we want. Gives me more time to do what.ever.I.feel.like in the evenings! YAY! Maybe I can even talk myself into going for a walk or hitting the weights....

Scale this a.m. read 206.6. Only down .2 from last week at this time. I'm ok with that though. Between TOM and quitting smoking I was actually suprised that there wasn't a gain. This week will be better...

Today for breakfast I fixed 3 slices of bacon in the micro at the office. After I ate the bacon, I mashed up a hard boiled egg into all of the grease that was in the bottom of the glass bowl that I made the bacon in. OMG! I think this is my new go-to breakfast for awhile...might even be two eggs.

Today:
B - 3 bacon, 1 egg, coffee w/CO
S - shake
L - chicken salad, pork rinds
D - either turkey w/mayo OR pizza omelet
Coffee and water to drink

I'm still super motivated even with the bumps. November will be my month!!! I'm gonna lose 8-11.5 lbs. I've already made up my mind....now just to get it done! lol

Hope all is well and everyone has a great day!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Harms, you did GREAT this weekend, not smoking and cooking up all that LC great food. I am surprised as well that you had a loss during your first week of not smoking, GOOD JOB!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Buffy. Yes, I think it is comfort food that I want. I use to have a recipe for pancakes made with crushed pork rinds. It was very good. I will have to see if I can find it again. Right now the thought of food is not appealing. I enjoyed my chicken soup/broth though. I already drank all my soup so I couldn't try it with the hwc. Sounds like a good idea though. I lost a pound and a half since yesterday! I wonder if it will come back on or stay off.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Pinky I am sorry I don't have any advice for your sickie LC-ness Get well soon

Nicki, sopping up that bacon grease with the hb egg lol sounds so good!

Congrats on the .2 and Day 6!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Oh...I found the bacon puff pancakes. Here is the recipe.
Pork Rind pancakes

2 Eggs

1/4 cup heavy cream

2 droppers full of liquid stevia

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon cinnamon

2/3 c water

2 oz. Pork rinds.

Put pork rinds in food processor. Processs until fine crumbs. Put in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients. Let sit for 5 minutes. In a buttered frying pan fry batter just like regular pancakes.

I remember these as being very good and very low carb. But I haven't made them for a few years now!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Red, do you have liquid splenda, or any stevia drops? I can't stand to give up my carbs to granular splenda, I am very stingy with my carbs, . I like the taste of splenda though, but have the liquid. I have an array of sweetners now and mix and match. Have found that I love the Swerve but mix it with other things b/c of the cost. But, it does not raise my BS at all which is great.
Nah, just the powdered splenda. I got the cream cheese two bar pack. I broke out my stainless steel mixing bowl and electric hand held mixer to whip up the clouds. I used banana extract.

They aren't bad but not super amazing with the banana which is very disappointing. I used two capfuls but maybe three would have been better.

So far all I've had today is coffee, CO and HWC. We'll see how it goes.

Is Swerve liquid or powder?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Good morning everyone!

Day 2 of no weigh-in and yesterday was another high calorie day. Lots of carbs from almonds and I made cream cheese clouds so some carbs from the splenda in them.

Gonna try to get back on track today.

It is weird but I feel like I did after about the 2nd or 3rd day when I quit smoking. Right about then you start clearing your throat and coughing a bit, or at least I did.

24.5 days since I quit. It seems a lot less and a lot more at the same time.

I'm not going to have almonds around here any more. I just can't stop myself from over doing it on them even if I still smoked.
I can't believe it's been 24.5 days!!! You are awesome!!!!!

I'm the same with nuts. The only ones I can have around the house are macadamias...almonds, pecans, cashews, pistacios and pumpkin seeds are so addictive to my taste buds. So, I don't buy them any more....problem solved. Keep up the good work Major Red!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

Swerve is granular and or powdered, you can buy either way. I love the granular, it is erithotol, or however the H#)) you spell that, but has something added to it so it doesn't have quite the cooling effect. I really like baking with it.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Good morning everyone! I'm off to the gym today....starting week #3 of going 3 days a week and I'm sticking with it!

Scale/tape measuring yesterday was very disappointing. I'm still going the wrong way with the scale and the inches....very frustrating. However, if I didn't have to wear fitted pants (I'm wearing sweats now!!!) and didn't have a scale, my report would be that I feel GREAT!!!!!! I am never hungry. Only crave things that are easily satisfied with a cream cheese cloud or 1/2 of an almond fat bomb. I feel really healthy and that is the #1 reason I'm doing this. My glucose continues to be all over the place and my ketones continue to be in the .5 to .8 range and today I got a .9!!! Woo hoo. Too bad it doesn't reflect on the scale or tape measurer though. I'm part way into month #3 of NK eating/testing, and I'm not giving in until the 6 month mark. But after over 2 months of this eating program, I weigh more now than I did when I began....and that's frustrating. Also, I'm back "up" in my pants size to larger than before I began. I wish someone had the magic numbers for me to have the great losses you are all seeing! Maybe I should take up smoking?????
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

We make pork rind waffles at our house. Husband loves them. And he doesn't have to watch his weight. Would somebody please tell me what kind of protein shake you drink.

And to Red and Harms Way, what an awesome thing you are doing quitting smoking for your body. Will pray for you. And for you Pinky45 that you get over that flu fast.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Swerve is granular and or powdered, you can buy either way. I love the granular, it is erithotol, or however the H#)) you spell that, but has something added to it so it doesn't have quite the cooling effect. I really like baking with it.
Thanks Buffy...I have never heard of it, and will be checking it out. I used to make my own concoction of sweetener from xylitol, erythritol and lo hann or something like that (soooo lite?) It was wonderful. Maybe I should try that again, but am very curious about the Swerve. Thanks for introducing us to yet another new "toy" to play with!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't usually drink protein shakes. I did buy some almond milk last time I was at the store but I got it planning on making a frozen coffee concoction or a frozen coffee egg cream type thing.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Shelley, I think we may have to resort to beating you to get you to lose weight.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

My shakes consist of cold coffee, scoop of whey protein powder and HWC. Blend with ice....super simple, gets me thru the hours between meals (keeps me out of the snack machine at work), cures any sweet tooth I may have & it's kinda like a treat to me. I don't always have them, but I plan them in my daily menus.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Red and Harms Way. Just wondering, sometimes I have trouble eating with all this CO. I really am never hungry. But do force myself to eat. Can't believe it. And my sugar is the lowest it has been in years. So yea to EFGT.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

HarmsWay...your shake sounds great! I like iced coffee so I am going to have to try this. Good for you being smoke free for 6 days. I'm quitting too, but I'm not smoke free yet. I had 1 cigarette yesterday.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
When I'm really craving I have a coffee with 1 oz hwc and 1tbs co usely works...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Cheryl did you lose a lb? It's so strange we have to eat lots more than usely to lost weight.
I'm back down to 167.4 this morning.ya.....it's those dang nuts...
Hope all of you have a great day!!
nah, I was up 2 lbs on Sat and Sun so I was back down 1 today. My low has been 161.5. I only see it ocassionaly

I was really hoping to see 160 for my bday.
I see people that say they wanna lose 7 or 10 lbs a month. I would love to lose 2 or 3
I just can'T seem to lose.
Befoe LC I could trace and eat 1400 to 1500 calories a day and gain weight. So at least I do not gain weight on LC.
But I am still crossing my fingers to see 160.

Last edited by Clueless; 11-05-2012 at 09:42 AM..
Old 11-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Strongly recommend a half lb of fatty brisket Might start carrying it around in my purse
Thanks
I just took the kiddies outside, that way I had to stay outta the kitchen.
I have already had 1200 calories today. Geez
I think my aunt flo must be coming to visit.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Cheryl I lose the brst on 1400 cals some days i eat 1200 then some 1500. I do about 3-4 tbs co a day..I no for sure nuts and cheese slows my weight down.once you get into NK you will not be hungry ...I heard people say they did not want anything to eat,I thought that I would never say that..but if i chew sf gum or eat nuts I get a craving,so you might play around with food and see if something is causing you to feel that way...if I don't get enough fat that happens too.

I went down to Cana to the hf store today and bought me some almond oil to make me some home made mayo for my tuna fish and devil eggs,
Old 11-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

I just managed to delete a super long post that specifically noted each and everyone of you. I am now p-d off so I'm just gonna say "Hey" & go pout now....
Old 11-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Hate it when that happens!!!
Closed Thread