Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #1381
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Friends, I am going to re-post this, which I posted over on the NK success new thread. If it helps one person, then I am thankful for that. Sorry it is so long.

I started NK Sept. 3rd of this year. I am diabetic and on meds for that. With the meds, I found I could eat however I liked, I lost an initial 34 lbs just from the meds and was happily strolling along, eating like a pig, carbing out. But, deep down, I knew that was not a good WOE for my diabetic, high BP self. then, over this past 12 months, I started getting UTI's often, I would get one, go on antibiotics, then have to take something for yeast infection, then get another UTI, on and on. My doctor recommended I see a urologist to rule out any problems and at the same time, I begin thinking that I really should return to LC for my health. And, I know that sugar intake contributes to yeast and UTI's. So, when I saw the Urologist, I discussed this with him and he thought it was a good idea. So, I came back to LCF's and started reading. I had done LC for several years but always stalled after about 10 lbs. After reading Kristn's NK thread, then more on the internet, I thought that maybe too high of protein at that time, plus too many calories probably was the reason I had not lost any more weight.

The more I read about NK and insulin resistance/diabetes, I also realized that during that time, even though I hadn't been diagnoised with diabetes, my BS's were probably spiking enough to keep me from losing. Now, armed with my diabetes meds I was ready to give it a try.

I started by cutting back on the carbs, knew how to do that, kept reading and trying to figure out my formula for the amount of protein and fat/calories to lose. Lost 8 lbs the first week, WOW, that was a good start and got me very excited. Then I ran onto the thread of HF started by Reddarin. He was an immense help in helping me figure out my macros, he even has a spreadsheet he has developed. I took his advice on the amount of protein, tried to keep my carbs under 20 but no more than 30 but, his advice on calories scared the heck out of me. His program showed me that I could eat 2045 as a minimum to 2386 as a maximum. I questioned him, are you sure this is for weight loss, or to maintain. He said it was to maintain at my goal weight of 150 so should work for weight loss. I was still afraid but did bump my calories up to 1500 or so, it was sooo hard for me to keep them 1200-1400, get my fats up and be satisfied. I wasn't quite as full as I would like to be.

I did this and continued to slowly lose. I went through all the aches and pains of re-started LC. I had the induction flu, I had terrible headaches, my back ached a lot, I didn't feel good and didn't sleep well. Had terrible cramps in my feet and legs. This went on for about 6 weeks or more, gradually decreasing as time went on. I added magnesium. I was already taking potassium and my doctor decreased the diuretic part of one of my BP pills, still the cramps continued. I used mustard and vinegar to help with them. Bought some over the counter potassium without checking with my doctor. Whoops, that was a mistake, for almost a week I could hardly drag myself around, I was so tired. Looked back to what I had recently changed, and dropped the extra potassium, that was the culprit.

Then, things all aligned for me! Did I have a sudden whoosh and lose 10 more lbs? Nope, but I started feeling WELL. It all settled in and was just "easy" to eat this way. I had logged everything I ate for well over 2 months so I had a really good idea of what and how much of what I should eat so eased up on the logging, not a great idea but I was kind of burnt out on it. I felt like I could do that if I continued my slow downward weight loss trend, if not, then back to logging.

During that period that I was logging, I decided to throw caution to the wind one week and eat the calories that Reddarin had figured for me. Each morning I gingerly stepped on the scale expecting to see a 3-5 lb gain. Nope, each morning was right about the same, or a teeny loss. At the end of that week, I had lost yet another lb!!! How exciting was that. So, then, I quit worrying about calories. I also found that for me, it was hard to eat that many calories and comfortable to eat about 1700 or so. No sense in shoving in food I didn't even want.

So, now, I am in a comfortable zone. I check my ketone level each AM and as long as I am 0.5 to 3.00, I know I am eating right, my BS's LOVE this WOE and are consistently lower than 100 and often in the 80's. I can't wait to get my next A1C, the doctor knows I am doing LC and supports it. I have decided not to worry too much over the holidays about logging and tracking, just relax but know what I can and can't eat. Make myself dishes and or treats to take to gatherings where the table will be laden with carb goodies. If I stop losing, I will tighten up. I am satisfied with 1-2 lbs a month. Do I wish it were faster? Don't we all? But, I am here first for health and secondly for weight loss, which is part of the health. So, I am a very very happy NKer.

Sorry, didn't start out to write a novel.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #1382
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Frankly, the success thread has me a little nervous as those who are having success are not reporting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Maybe the reasons you don't read a lot of success stories
I meant to respond to Cici's post and plumb forgot about it.

There just aren't that many people doing it that post and most people look at it as a stall breaker rather than as a better version of LC.

After all, if you are losing mad amounts of weight on LC then NK holds little attraction since it is more restrictive and more attention to detail oriented.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #1383
Big Yapper!!!!

You are so right on this Red, when people ask me what I am doing, I tell them to just get on LC first, you might be able to lose well doing that. Only tweak with NK if you need to. Although, that isn't really what I did

I maybe could have just gone back to LC like I had done several years ago, but now, with my diabetic meds and BS under control, been successful. But, I always like to see the newest trends in dieting and kept seeing references to NK, liked what I saw and decided to go with that. I know it certainly isn't required but I have to admit, I like testing for blood ketones with my meter and outrageously expense strips and seeing that I am in ketosis. I have to prick my finger anyway for BG so why not. But, I don't test as often, it is ridiculous what they charge for those strips.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #1384
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
I think NK will eventually eclipse plain LC as the go to first woe but not anytime soon I reckon.

Since even vanilla LC has some structure to it replacing it with NK just means shifting numbers a little and paying attention to this or that a bit more. A very much needed refinement to LC.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #1385
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Subbing
Hi Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzcase View Post
Good morning all! Woke up nauseous and sore this morning, so I guess ketosis is kicking in! Weighed 125... -1.2 from yesterday, I'll take it.

Coffee with cream, root beer float, brie, macadamia nuts, and maybe some chicken roll ups on the menu today.

Have a good one everybody!
Oooh I know that feeling! Great loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
good morning.

down .6 this morning. DOWN is all i care about!! and if i can lose, even it is just seems '0.6' eating as many cals as i am, i totally cool with that!!
Way to go dazydyrl. Isn't it just amazing, It's like the more we eat, the more we lose. I love it! although it gets hard for me sometimes because I have no appetite at all from the ketosis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Hi All!

I had a VERY difficult week this past week and have no hope of catching up on posts. Things were so stressful I lost about a pound a day for the last seven days, so I'll be working on gaining a few of those back. I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday and is doing great!
Deborah so glad to hear from you. I hope everything gets better soon and enjoy gaining some weight back...ya how fun!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #1386
Senior LCF Member

Well I made it.
Not trying to sound like im giving a speech here... but
From the bottom of my heart I thank you guys! I feel blessed to have found this thread. I've been thinking all morning about how a low carb forum has played such a big role in my life, It's not the forum, it's the people that make it. This is so much more than just a website to talk about low carb, to me this is a LIFE support forum because we definitely don't keep it all low carb Now I don't wanna get too sappy on all of you, but for people that I have never met and probably never will, I really do hold you all dear to my heart and care for each and every one of you!

Red, can you figure out my macros again since everything has changed and i'm going to start focusing more on fat.

I'm 5'5 med frame? 139.8
and I'd really like to be around 133-135
Old 11-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #1387
Big Yapper!!!!

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Well I made it.
From the bottom of my heart I thank you guys! I feel blessed to have found this thread. I've been thinking all morning about how a low carb forum has played such a big role in my life, It's not the forum, it's the people that make it. This is so much more than just a website to talk about low carb, to me this is a LIFE support forum because we definitely don't keep it all low carb Now I don't wanna get too sappy on all of you, but for people that I have never met and probably never will, I really do hold you all dear to my heart and care for each and every one of you!

Red, can you figure out my macros again since everything has changed and i'm going to start focusing more on fat.

I'm 5'5 med frame? 139.8
on your new weight!!!

Old 11-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #1388
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Well I made it.

I'm 5'5 med frame? 139.8
Fantastic! WTG. I'm sure i'm not the only one who'd love to see an updated avatar.

btw- what's with the nutcase at work? I can't stop thinking about it... kinda worried about you.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #1389
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Congrats Oceana!! Great job

Buffy I love your testamony. It was great.

Darrin Thanks for all the help you give us.
You are wonderful!

Deborah you take care. WE don't want you sick.
If you keep losing you might better get to the dr and get you thyroid checked.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #1390
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I maybe could have just gone back to LC like I had done several years ago, but now, with my diabetic meds and BS under control, been successful. But, I always like to see the newest trends in dieting and kept seeing references to NK, liked what I saw and decided to go with that. I know it certainly isn't required but I have to admit, I like testing for blood ketones with my meter and outrageously expense strips and seeing that I am in ketosis. I have to prick my finger anyway for BG so why not. But, I don't test as often, it is ridiculous what they charge for those strips.
HAHA I love measuring stuff -I'd have a whole lab at home if I could... I can't wait to get my meter and start pricking fingers! I only wish I could afford to do it everyday
Old 11-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #1391
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Friends, I am going to re-post this, which I posted over on the NK success new thread. If it helps one person, then I am thankful for that. Sorry it is so long.

I started NK Sept. 3rd of this year. I am diabetic and on meds for that. With the meds, I found I could eat however I liked, I lost an initial 34 lbs just from the meds and was happily strolling along, eating like a pig, carbing out. But, deep down, I knew that was not a good WOE for my diabetic, high BP self. then, over this past 12 months, I started getting UTI's often, I would get one, go on antibiotics, then have to take something for yeast infection, then get another UTI, on and on. My doctor recommended I see a urologist to rule out any problems and at the same time, I begin thinking that I really should return to LC for my health. And, I know that sugar intake contributes to yeast and UTI's. So, when I saw the Urologist, I discussed this with him and he thought it was a good idea. So, I came back to LCF's and started reading. I had done LC for several years but always stalled after about 10 lbs. After reading Kristn's NK thread, then more on the internet, I thought that maybe too high of protein at that time, plus too many calories probably was the reason I had not lost any more weight.

The more I read about NK and insulin resistance/diabetes, I also realized that during that time, even though I hadn't been diagnoised with diabetes, my BS's were probably spiking enough to keep me from losing. Now, armed with my diabetes meds I was ready to give it a try.

I started by cutting back on the carbs, knew how to do that, kept reading and trying to figure out my formula for the amount of protein and fat/calories to lose. Lost 8 lbs the first week, WOW, that was a good start and got me very excited. Then I ran onto the thread of HF started by Reddarin. He was an immense help in helping me figure out my macros, he even has a spreadsheet he has developed. I took his advice on the amount of protein, tried to keep my carbs under 20 but no more than 30 but, his advice on calories scared the heck out of me. His program showed me that I could eat 2045 as a minimum to 2386 as a maximum. I questioned him, are you sure this is for weight loss, or to maintain. He said it was to maintain at my goal weight of 150 so should work for weight loss. I was still afraid but did bump my calories up to 1500 or so, it was sooo hard for me to keep them 1200-1400, get my fats up and be satisfied. I wasn't quite as full as I would like to be.

I did this and continued to slowly lose. I went through all the aches and pains of re-started LC. I had the induction flu, I had terrible headaches, my back ached a lot, I didn't feel good and didn't sleep well. Had terrible cramps in my feet and legs. This went on for about 6 weeks or more, gradually decreasing as time went on. I added magnesium. I was already taking potassium and my doctor decreased the diuretic part of one of my BP pills, still the cramps continued. I used mustard and vinegar to help with them. Bought some over the counter potassium without checking with my doctor. Whoops, that was a mistake, for almost a week I could hardly drag myself around, I was so tired. Looked back to what I had recently changed, and dropped the extra potassium, that was the culprit.

Then, things all aligned for me! Did I have a sudden whoosh and lose 10 more lbs? Nope, but I started feeling WELL. It all settled in and was just "easy" to eat this way. I had logged everything I ate for well over 2 months so I had a really good idea of what and how much of what I should eat so eased up on the logging, not a great idea but I was kind of burnt out on it. I felt like I could do that if I continued my slow downward weight loss trend, if not, then back to logging.

During that period that I was logging, I decided to throw caution to the wind one week and eat the calories that Reddarin had figured for me. Each morning I gingerly stepped on the scale expecting to see a 3-5 lb gain. Nope, each morning was right about the same, or a teeny loss. At the end of that week, I had lost yet another lb!!! How exciting was that. So, then, I quit worrying about calories. I also found that for me, it was hard to eat that many calories and comfortable to eat about 1700 or so. No sense in shoving in food I didn't even want.

So, now, I am in a comfortable zone. I check my ketone level each AM and as long as I am 0.5 to 3.00, I know I am eating right, my BS's LOVE this WOE and are consistently lower than 100 and often in the 80's. I can't wait to get my next A1C, the doctor knows I am doing LC and supports it. I have decided not to worry too much over the holidays about logging and tracking, just relax but know what I can and can't eat. Make myself dishes and or treats to take to gatherings where the table will be laden with carb goodies. If I stop losing, I will tighten up. I am satisfied with 1-2 lbs a month. Do I wish it were faster? Don't we all? But, I am here first for health and secondly for weight loss, which is part of the health. So, I am a very very happy NKer.

Thanks for this Buffy! I am so happy for you and this is very encouraging for me as well.

Can you tell us =and maybe the nksuccess thread too- about things like how much CO, magnesium etc you ended up finding was the sweet spot for you? also are your macros 80/15/5 or did you find you landed on a different ratio?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #1392
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
Fantastic! WTG. I'm sure i'm not the only one who'd love to see an updated avatar.

btw- what's with the nutcase at work? I can't stop thinking about it... kinda worried about you.
Thank you. I'll have my photo taken this weekend.

About the nutcase, they just had a talk with him that's all. So far it seemed to work and he's been quiet.
So we'll see. I still document everything.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #1393
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thank you. I'll have my photo taken this weekend.

About the nutcase, they just had a talk with him that's all. So far it seemed to work and he's been quiet.
So we'll see. I still document everything.
yah I read your post about "the talk". disappointing - Its really not OK that they let him stay but I'm glad he's calmed down and I hope it stays that way.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #1394
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

GREAT POST Buffy!!
I'm so happy for you and your health.
It's amazing to wake up every morning and just feel GOOD
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #1395
Senior LCF Member

SOOOO,
Although I'm a long term LCer and am in the 5th week of NK I'm still on a learning curve and have another question... I've read lots here about avoiding "franken"foods. That makes alot of sense to me. Now I'm wondering why MCT oil does not qualify as a franken food. The way its been described it kind of sounds like one...
Old 11-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #1396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Thanks, Buffy, for posting your journey.

Oceana, congratulations on goal. Are you still doing meat/eggs fast?

If the scale doesn't give me a sign that this is working soon, I may have to do a few days of that. I am so sick of looking at the same number every day.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #1397
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NKSL55
Stats: 205/185/175
WOE: General LC then NK
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
SOOOO,
Although I'm a long term LCer and am in the 5th week of NK I'm still on a learning curve and have another question... I've read lots here about avoiding "franken"foods. That makes alot of sense to me. Now I'm wondering why MCT oil does not qualify as a franken food. The way its been described it kind of sounds like one...
I guess it depends on what you mean by "franken food".

Similarly people talk about eating "clean", or eating "whole" foods. Not entirely sure what that means either. I might hazard a guess, but I would bet that the terms are applied in different ways by different people.

--
Phillip
Old 11-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #1398
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

If the scale doesn't give me a sign that this is working soon, I may have to do a few days of that. I am so sick of looking at the same number every day.
I am only because I really like it and don't feel deprived. I try to make sure I get lots of fat and I will eat veggies if I crave them. I feel like my body tells me what it needs at this point.
I haven't been eating enough fat lately and last night I heated up some heavy cream w/sugar free white choc powder and a little unsweeted dark. It was so delicious and I even had two squares of lint 90% with it. Such a great treat. It wasn't much but I enjoyed every bit of it slowly. My appriciation for food is so intense when I eat very simple.
I know it works best for me, now I just need to keep that in mind daily.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #1399
Big Yapper!!!!

On coconut oil, I probably ingest about 4-6 T each morning in my coffee. I find myself going to sleep at night, looking forward to my CO coffee in the morning! DH gets up earlier than I so I just walk into the kitchen to a nice pot of coffee, ready for me. I don't measure it out, just take a spoon and grab a big amount of CO, add 2 drops of ezsweets and fill with coffee, drink, repeat, at least once or twice more. I sometimes get more in the way of fat bombs but I cook mostly with butter.
On magnesium, I worked up to 800 mg a day. I had a brief spell when I first added it that I thought it was making me not feel well, but in hindsight, I don't think it was the mag. I dropped it for a week or more, then started back and quickly worked up to 800 mg.

I leave the research and explanations of things to Red and several others on this thread that have much more scientific minds than I do. I just let Red go to class, read all the materials and then I copy off his homework He has not thrown me under the bus yet for doing this the lazy way. I really am not into how something works, just if it works for me or not, and of course hoping it will work for others as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #1400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: Plant-Based Vegetarian~9/2014
Start Date: (Juddd 2010-2011)
First, thanks for the welcome Reddarin and alizgurl!

Buffy~ I loved your novel! It really gave me hope. I don't mind losing slow as long as it's a downward trend.

A short story about me: Lost 40 lbs doing JUDDD, gained back 18 in a year of NOT doing anything diet. Then I quit smoking 5 months ago (yay) and I gave up wheat about a month ago. Any type of grain seems to cause joint pain to flare, so I gave up all grains after Thanksgiving. I have HBP and take two pills a day. I'm also post-menopausal. I've never been a sweets eater but I loved breads of all kinds. I've done LC before but could never lose more than 10lbs max. I started NK this week.

I've been doing extensive reading everywhere I could find it. I'm sure you all have gleaned a lot from the internet. This thread is wonderful. I bought vitamin D and magnesium today and I promised myself that I would actually take it.

NK seems to offer hope to us who can't seem to lose any weight. I feel better for having "lost" the grains. I'm hoping this plan will help me feel as good as Buffy. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

~Blonde

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...-required.html

Last edited by Blonde with a Rose; 11-29-2012 at 11:20 AM..
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #1401
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
SOOOO,
I'm confused, I always thought franken foods were processed foods, like some of the LC items out there in the market? I would think MCT oil would fall under fats for our WOE. I just ordered a bottle to try in my morning coffee, read that it is 100% MCT where coconut oil is not 100%. Not to worry, not giving up my glorious CO, love that stuff.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #1402
Big Yapper!!!!

Oceana, what is the SF white chocolate powder? Your concoction sounds wonderful.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #1403
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

Looks like you have lost 50 lbs in a year, that is a wonderful rate of loss. Don't be too quick to jump from plan to plan, give each a chance to work for you. Not up on your history, so if I am speaking out of turn, please forgive me.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #1404
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sasonnier
Stats: 146/143.6/115ish
Start Date: 10/24/12
Buffy- Thanks for your post! I really appreciate hearing your journey, and it gives me some hope over here.

Oceana- Congrats on reaching your initial goal weight!! I can't begin to imagine how good that feels!!

Deborah- I hope life eases up for you soon!

Becky- I posted my mayo recipe on one of these threads...I'll find it and repaste it for you- I need to make it again anyways :-)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #1405
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
On coconut oil, I probably ingest about 4-6 T each morning in my coffee. I find myself going to sleep at night, looking forward to my CO coffee in the morning! DH gets up earlier than I so I just walk into the kitchen to a nice pot of coffee, ready for me. I don't measure it out, just take a spoon and grab a big amount of CO, add 2 drops of ezsweets and fill with coffee, drink, repeat, at least once or twice more. I sometimes get more in the way of fat bombs but I cook mostly with butter.
On magnesium, I worked up to 800 mg a day. I had a brief spell when I first added it that I thought it was making me not feel well, but in hindsight, I don't think it was the mag. I dropped it for a week or more, then started back and quickly worked up to 800 mg.

I leave the research and explanations of things to Red and several others on this thread that have much more scientific minds than I do. I just let Red go to class, read all the materials and then I copy off his homework He has not thrown me under the bus yet for doing this the lazy way. I really am not into how something works, just if it works for me or not, and of course hoping it will work for others as well.
What happened to you with the Mg that made you think it might be it?
I have worked up to 800 too. The past couple of days I had a grinding feeling in my stomache. Almost felt like a contraction it was on and off and I thought it might be from that so I didn't take it today. Maybe its bc I had it on an almost empty stomache? I find that the BBC makes me totally forget food. I was really busy and didn't eat until around 4 pm but took 400 mg of Mg in the am (with 1000 C and 3000 D).
Old 11-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #1406
Big Yapper!!!!

Blonde, we seem to have a lot in common. I weighed 242 when I found out I had diabetes. Had lost 30 on WW and gained it all back. The diabetes meds helped me lose down to 208 but I just sat there for a while before I decided to do NK. Give it time for you and your body to adjust. Best of luck and glad to have you here.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #1407
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
What happened to you with the Mg that made you think it might be it?
I have worked up to 800 too. The past couple of days I had a grinding feeling in my stomache. Almost felt like a contraction it was on and off and I thought it might be from that so I didn't take it today. Maybe its bc I had it on an almost empty stomache? I find that the BBC makes me totally forget food. I was really busy and didn't eat until around 4 pm but took 400 mg of Mg in the am (with 1000 C and 3000 D).
Tablis, I was having a really sour stomach with my stomach just hurting, it wasn't cramping, it just felt sour and hurt. I don't know what it was but like I said, it did go away when I went off the mag, but didn't recur when I started back up and I ramped it up fairly quickly.

when I first read your post, I thought you said, took 400mg in the ARM, I thought, wow, is she injecting this stuff!!! Pays to read a little slower at time
Old 11-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #1408
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Interesting how we think we are all speaking the same langquage. LOL I always think of frankenfoods as anything engineered and marketed with specific dieters in mind. Like miracle noodles, diet/protein shakes, low carb candy, etc. but agree that nearly all processed foods have some strange ingredients or compromized nutritional value.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 AM   #1409
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Great post Buffy! I'm so proud of you!

I really think a tummy bug is going around. Since Monday I've had periods of nausea and stomach ache just hit me out of the blue and then I'll feel fine for awhile. I also go through the day where half the time the thought of food makes me sick and then I'll be starving! I'm sure hoping it passes quickly. It's already been way too long. And I felt like a had a slight fever yesterday. There is a lot of bugs going around right now.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #1410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Great post Buffy! I'm so proud of you!

I really think a tummy bug is going around. Since Monday I've had periods of nausea and stomach ache just hit me out of the blue and then I'll feel fine for awhile. I also go through the day where half the time the thought of food makes me sick and then I'll be starving! I'm sure hoping it passes quickly. It's already been way too long. And I felt like a had a slight fever yesterday. There is a lot of bugs going around right now.
Agree with the tummy bug going around. I'm over mine, but my sister got one and is slowly shaking that off.
Closed Thread