Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Thank you Deb34 for the info and also Red. It wouldn't be hard not to eat. I feel full all of the time with all this CO.HaHa. I will try to put this all to use. I will be glad when it is down the road and I feel more comfortable with this way of eating. The other way I did was so simple. But it had no fat and I really believe that hurt me. So I am excited about this just slow at figuring it out. So thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Red, I just bought a London broil a while back too and it's been in my freezer as I've been hesitant to cook it. Now I know just how I will fix it. Thanks! Do you remember how much yours weighed? That would help to figure out how long to cook it. We like it rare too.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Well meat here in va.is cheap..I get ribeye for 6.99 lb pork boneless roast 1.79lb on sale about ever other month.so I but them slice some in chops and some cut in 3rd for roast.its real good meat the cut it up right there.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Red, I just bought a London broil a while back too and it's been in my freezer as I've been hesitant to cook it. Now I know just how I will fix it. Thanks! Do you remember how much yours weighed? That would help to figure out how long to cook it. We like it rare too.
1 pound 6 ounces was on the package I think.

The way I did it was pretty screwy. I think next time I'll start off with the oven at 350 instead of 325 and check it at about 8 minutes.

Also, this steak was probably about 2 inches thick. It might have worked okay on a thinner steak at 325.

I probably had it on the med-hi burner for maybe 6 minutes total before I threw it in the oven.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #95
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Well meat here in va.is cheap..I get ribeye for 6.99 lb pork boneless roast 1.79lb on sale about ever other month.so I but them slice some in chops and some cut in 3rd for roast.its real good meat the cut it up right there.
I'm practically right on your way home from the store so next time you can pick me up a couple of reasonably priced steaks
Old 11-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Sandy

Everybody thinks that every womans dream is to find the perfect man.....OH PLEASE....every womans dream is....TO EAT WHATEVER THEY WANT WITHOUT GETTING FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy, this cracked me up!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I'm practically right on your way home from the store so next time you can pick me up a couple of reasonably priced steaks
PC...after you drop off the steaks for Major Red, you can swing by my house with the order for me!!!!

Ribeye steaks here are about $10.99#. Meat is pricey and we have to pay tax on food in this State!

PC....I'm so happy that you quit and are going to enjoy yourself this winter in the snow and your cans of sardines when you want them! Very good!

Good going everyone on the losses, and "sorry" to those of you who had a bump up (like I've been doing), but hopefully we'll all be headed back down soon.

Major Red.....your food descriptions are making me salivate big time for a steak. I took one out of the freezer and am going to try the salt method.

I also got my jar of flax oil to "season" my cast iron skillet. Mine is very small...I was surprised when I dug it out! 7" or so???? Most of my cast iron bakeware and cookware is porcelain glazed....love it! (but I think that defeats the entire idea of the natural iron getting into the food).

I'm making a quilt for grandson, so better get back to work!
Old 11-02-2012, 03:42 PM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Glad you enjoyed it Deborah, lol.

Thanks Red. Now I can't wait to fix it. Probably next week, but I'll report back how it goes.

Off to eat prime rib tonight!! Yum yum!!! And to think I used to hate it b/c I just really didn't like all that fat on it, lolol. The times they are a'changin, right?
Old 11-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #99
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Off to eat prime rib tonight!! Yum yum!!! And to think I used to hate it b/c I just really didn't like all that fat on it, lolol. The times they are a'changin, right?
lol
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
PC...after you drop off the steaks for Major Red, you can swing by my house with the order for me!!!!

Ribeye steaks here are about $10.99#. Meat is pricey and we have to pay tax on food in this State!

PC....I'm so happy that you quit and are going to enjoy yourself this winter in the snow and your cans of sardines when you want them! Very good!

Good going everyone on the losses, and "sorry" to those of you who had a bump up (like I've been doing), but hopefully we'll all be headed back down soon.

Major Red.....your food descriptions are making me salivate big time for a steak. I took one out of the freezer and am going to try the salt method.

I also got my jar of flax oil to "season" my cast iron skillet. Mine is very small...I was surprised when I dug it out! 7" or so???? Most of my cast iron bakeware and cookware is porcelain glazed....love it! (but I think that defeats the entire idea of the natural iron getting into the food).

I'm making a quilt for grandson, so better get back to work!
Shelly have you heard of Glycosolve? One of Jimmy Moore's podcast mentions it - Jimmy takes it to help keep his blood sugar in check. He also noted that blood sugar and ketone levels were inversely proportional which was what I thought was the case. Although Dr. Eades said there was no relationship between the two I wonder if the Doc wasn't answering my too literally.

That is gonna have to be a criminally small steak for a 7" skillet.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
PC in am outta the loop. Where is the HF store in Cana? I missed that one?
I know they are getting a new Family Dollar.

We got a store here where you can get Fillet Mignon for 5.99 onsale. But with a family of 4 I can't afford that too often. They used to sale it all the time for that price or less but it was marked product of Mexico. They quit selling it for some reason. It was good.

Deb that was some great information, thanks. Very interesting.
I am off to fry up some deer steaks they are FREE!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Shelly have you heard of Glycosolve? One of Jimmy Moore's podcast mentions it - Jimmy takes it to help keep his blood sugar in check. He also noted that blood sugar and ketone levels were inversely proportional which was what I thought was the case. Although Dr. Eades said there was no relationship between the two I wonder if the Doc wasn't answering my too literally.

That is gonna have to be a criminally small steak for a 7" skillet.
I looked up Glycosolve long ago and it was not something I wanted to put in my body at all! Yesterday was 2 months for me on NK...weight is up, NK this morning on the Nova Max was .7 and I did both meters for glucose...one was 94 and the other 99 (same drop of blood). But, I changed hands today for the first time for my poking!! ha ha Do you suppose the left side of my body has lower ketones and higher glucose than my right side?? I am, after all, right handed!!! ha ha Thought that was funny. So...go figure...all of a sudden the ketones are going back up (slowly) and the glucose is going back into the 90's.

I have my steak covered with rock sea salt on the counter...hubby is going to BBQ them......ha ha ha on the little 7" skillet! It still needs to be seasoned properly, but the gas BBQ is the way to go. I'll let you know if I think they were filet mignon quality!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
We got a store here where you can get Fillet Mignon for 5.99 onsale. But with a family of 4 I can't afford that too often. They used to sale it all the time for that price or less but it was marked product of Mexico. They quit selling it for some reason. It was good.

Deb that was some great information, thanks. Very interesting.
I am off to fry up some deer steaks they are FREE!
$5.99 for filet mignon?!?!?

Mr. Shelley is a hunter, but I am not at all a venison fan....I'd rather have elk or moose....we emptied our freezer this summer of both, so I told him to go hunting!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #104
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
I looked up Glycosolve long ago...

I have my steak covered with rock sea salt on the counter...
Alright. Jimmy's situation seemed similar to yours so I thought of you when he spoke of it. You could probably email him and ask him about his experience with it Shelley

Hey, you know rock salt is not the right kind of salt or did you grind it up?

Last edited by reddarin; 11-02-2012 at 05:45 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

It's across the street from the first fruit market in va.open about 2 months ago.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Food Log

Log and numbers for today.

Calories: 2,563

Fat: 219
Pro: 125
Car: 37

75/20/6

Breakfast: CO & coffee with HWC.
Lunch: Bacon, eggs, jalapeno.
Dinner: Steak, jalapeno, sour cream, cauliflower.
Snack: HWC floats, sunflower seeds in the shell, CO, almonds.
End of Day: T of CO.

Well, that steak turned out awesome! Over cooked but the marinade and thin slicing took care of that. Can't believe how good the sour cream was with it, the cauliflower and jalapenos. Stupid jalapenos were hot as fire even though I cored them. Whew.

My carbs are creeping up too high I think so tomorrow I am going to put some effort into keeping them much lower. Gonna shoot for 20g or less.
Attached Images
File Type: png graph_11022012.png (20.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg log_11022012.jpg (40.7 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by reddarin; 11-02-2012 at 06:05 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

todays numbers

calories : 1817
fat : 135 72.6%
protein : 95 22.8%
carbs : 19 4.6%

My calories and fat are a little low but I can't eat anymore. I never thought I would say that! Before LC I could always eat.

BF Coffee W/ HWC and CO
sausage and eggs
lunch Burger in a bowl
Supper Deer meat and cauliflour and cheese

PC Thanks for telling me about that place, The HF store here shut down yrs ago.

Quote:
Mr. Shelley is a hunter, but I am not at all a venison fan....I'd rather have elk or moose....we emptied our freezer this summer of both, so I told him to go hunting!!!!
11-02-2012 03:13 PM
The deer meat was so good, I had been saving the tenderloin.

Last edited by Clueless; 11-02-2012 at 06:23 PM..
Old 11-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Here's my food
B-coffee with co
L- can sardines -- coffee with co
D- 4.6oz ground beef-cup lettuce and 1.4 oz onion
Coffee with co.
Not enough again will try harder..

I'm try a couple of days without the hwc to see what happens.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
TGIF! Hope everyone had a great day.

PC - good for you for taking a stand! I hope your stress quickly fades. You really need to eat more, you may stall yourself!

Hi TryAgain!

Cheryl- you are doing great. Ease up and relax! Stress produces too much cortisol, and that only adds weight to us. Staying the same is good.

Hey Darin! Goals are evil to me right now. I am so frustrated with not getting there yet....in fact, I reviewed about ten different resources to find a goal I like better than 120....seems there's a wide variation on those things! You will soon get everything humming again, BP is a symptom of an issue, it's not a "disease"....so please watch it carefully. If you get to the 30 day mark and it's still at or over the range of 140/90, you need to get a mask and visit a doc. I do not endorse BP meds for the most part, as they mask dealing with what could really be lurking, and give docs "an easy way to deal with it"....but you have quit smoking--good; and low carb eating is the key to losing the weight. You didn't eat sugar did you? It's the inflammation in the arteries that is the "devil" to heart disease. I get worn out with the fault on saturated fat/cholestrol! And the "man driving tip"....LOLFOTF!

Oh Deb, I agree with Darin, no way I can drink any form of vinegar. My SIL used to drink the pickle juice and that just drove me nuts!

Hope your trip is good Buffy! Austin is some fun!

Linda, stick with it and check your batteries on the scale. Someone found out a while back that those things can reset or not work right! If mine doesn't give me the numbers I want to see, I bang it on the floor a few times! I eat when I am hungry, or by 6 hours from last time I ate...hypoglycemic episodes are not pretty!

Harmsway (Nicki?, names escape me at times!), it's been a full moon!

Sandy/Red, London Broil is a difficult one, but I found that overnight marinade made a huge difference. Then I did the CI quick seal; but I used the broiler top of oven for that part. It's cheap here, but one big hunk of meat! Note: crockpot is not a good idea! And Sandy, I laugh at your sig every time you post. Love it. I always think that if that Genie shows up with three wishes, one will be to eat everything I want; two is not to gain an ounce; working on three....

Shelly, I agree, venison for me is limited to sausage links type; but I love bison and elk. never had moose.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:41 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Hi southernGirl, I won't give up. I want to do this badly. So I will just keep reading. Have a good night everybody.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Morning everybody.

My weight was 163.5 this morning.
I did drink 7 oz of red wine last night, that was included in calories and carbs.

My pc has so internet issues this morning, maybe it is fixed.
hope you all have a lovely Saturday
Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Good Morning and Happy Saturday!

I am proud to announce that I made it thru the evening without a cigarette! I had three cocktails and was around other smokers even.....I've got this!

My whole menu plan got messed up yesterday cuz I just wasn't hungry. I ended up having eggs & bacon for bf, boiled eggs w/mayo for lunch and two more fried eggs for dinner. My scale finally moved....down to 204.8, but that was prob due to the cocktails. Not gonna own anything until Monday morning (& TOM is due in town any day now, so who knows where my weight will be).

Today I'm planning on the following:
B - coffee
L - chicken salad
D - hoping for shrimp w/garlic butter & spag. squash alfredo

Hope you have a great day & I'll catch up with ya later!
-Nicki
Old 11-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Morning all! I was down to only .2 but ill take it 167.2. My goal is to be 159 by dec.1 I can do it.we are going to Pa.for thanksgiving ,to meet up with my daughter at her mother-laws house in a cabin in mountains,so ill plan my food so I can take it.and turkey is on our list.
I feel so less stress this morning, the only thing I no some of the people at the NH...want get that little extra care ..

Today I'm going to eat more....... Hope you all have a great day

Clueless that hf store is closed on sat.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:59 AM   #114
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in 11032012

Weigh-in this morning ... ... ... 190.7

Another little bump but not really unexpected since I've been all over the map on calories and carbs since quitting smoking about 2 weeks ago. The most annoying thing about quitting smoking has been the urge to eat even though I am not hungry. Part of that is intentional because I am certain that even if I gained a lot of weight while sweating out the pangs of quitting I can still get back into NK and lose whatever I gain. The problem is letting that belief mutate into a acquiescence of casual overeating.

Interesting though because I'd bet money that that sort of thinking is one reason there are a lot of LC restarters. All of a piece though since it is tied, in my thinking, to the awful carb ladder that a lot of people scale to being overweight again. Funny when you think about it. The stunning success of LC creates the condition where failure is acceptable because of the dramatic ability to shed weight when LC - "I'm back on induction to lose a few pounds I've put on" - how many times do you see that sort of statement?
Old 11-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #115
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all! I was down to only .2 but ill take it 167.2. My goal is to be 159 by dec.1 I can do it.we are going to Pa.for thanksgiving ,to meet up with my daughter at her mother-laws house in a cabin in mountains,so ill plan my food so I can take it.and turkey is on our list.
I feel so less stress this morning, the only thing I no some of the people at the NH...want get that little extra care ..

Today I'm going to eat more....... Hope you all have a great day

Clueless that hf store is closed on sat.
That is great!!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmsWay View Post
Good Morning and Happy Saturday!

I am proud to announce that I made it thru the evening without a cigarette! I had three cocktails and was around other smokers even.....I've got this!

My whole menu plan got messed up yesterday cuz I just wasn't hungry. I ended up having eggs & bacon for bf, boiled eggs w/mayo for lunch and two more fried eggs for dinner. My scale finally moved....down to 204.8, but that was prob due to the cocktails. Not gonna own anything until Monday morning (& TOM is due in town any day now, so who knows where my weight will be).

Today I'm planning on the following:
B - coffee
L - chicken salad
D - hoping for shrimp w/garlic butter & spag. squash alfredo

Hope you have a great day & I'll catch up with ya later!
-Nicki
Wow! Talk about walking into the lion's den. Good job Nicki!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:02 AM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Morning everybody.

My weight was 163.5 this morning.
I did drink 7 oz of red wine last night, that was included in calories and carbs.

My pc has so internet issues this morning, maybe it is fixed.
hope you all have a lovely Saturday
I'm sure it is just water weight Cheryl
Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
BP is a symptom of an issue, it's not a "disease"
Thank you for reminding me of that very important fact! It is easy to forget that BP indicates something underlying since in and of itself it is problematic.

No on the sugar other than what might be in the 86% or 90% cocoa bars. I haven't eaten fruit in a year I think. Some corn products immediately after I quit smoking.

The vinegar disguised as pickle juice is sufficiently camouflaged as to be acceptable and I do have a quaff every now and then. It is a pretty amazing leg/foot cramp cure - just about instant results.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:29 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Morning to everyone! Its a well, humid, warm, but sunny Sat Morning, I look forward to working in the garden!

Cheryl, wine will stall me a tad, but it is so yummy and worth a neutral day as far as I opinion.

PC, doing good! Are you allowed to go visit the patients you have concerns about? I believe you should if you feel they could be neglected. That may help you to relax more.

Hi Nicki - way to go with no cigs! I forgot the statistically time frame for habits, but I think it's 30 days to make a lifetime habit change. One day at a time. You have a lot of change going on, be very nice to YOU.

Darin, I agree....many restarters as from time to time we get too many carbs and it gives us that "high" again...and off to the races. Corn has a pretty high glycemic count....so soon it should all be out of your body. I'll ship my pickle juice to you!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Just had 1 egg yolk,1 egg whole fried in 1 tbs butter coffee with 1 tbs co yuk I feel sick.maybe to much fat at one time...
Closed Thread