Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 AM   #841
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
I asked this over at NK too but I'm asking here again in case anyone knows the answer

...So I just made a batch of fatbombs using up all my CO and by mistake I grabbed the wrong bottle of vanilla flavoring. I hardly put any in - say 1 tsp in 500 ml but it says on it "food coloring:caramel" .... does that mean I just carbbed up the whole thing and should throw it out?
thanks
Hi Tablis - I usually just lurk here, so I guess I'm answering a question with a question - the "wrong bottle" of vanilla flavoring - what exactly was the name of the flavoring? Was it just a bottle of food coloring? Or are you saying it was a bottle of ____? containing food coloring of caramel?

Sorry - I bet someone will read between the lines better than me!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #842
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hi Tablis - I usually just lurk here, so I guess I'm answering a question with a question - the "wrong bottle" of vanilla flavoring - what exactly was the name of the flavoring? Was it just a bottle of food coloring? Or are you saying it was a bottle of ____? containing food coloring of caramel?

Sorry - I bet someone will read between the lines better than me!
It was a bottle of vanilla- some cheap one that was bought by mistake. I meant to reach for the "good" one.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #843
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No - you're just fine. From carbcounter:
Vanilla extract, imitation, alcohol
1 tsp 0.10 g carbs

Yay! Eat up.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #844
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning all you chatters! Been busy on here since I was on last.
Geez, then I forgot to get my SAD light out, still kind of tired but my appetite came back with a vengence yesterday afternoon. I ate a lot from then until evening. 2 more servings of meat, about 7 oz together, CC pudding, 85% chocolate, 2 diet soda floats, didn't even log it all, but funny thing, I know my calories were high and no gain on the scale this AM. I am up from my posting of last Monday, was sad to see that I am back up to where I was at the beginning of this month but hopefully, by the first of Dec. I will see a drop for the entire month. Hoping my energy comes back, I am still off the extra potassium. No leg cramps yet.
I have found some really nice vanilla extract at my TJ Maxx homegoods store.
Jacqui, for most of us, the weight doesn't seem to melt off, we of course envy those that do see that success, but the health aspect of this is very important as well and how we feel. I usually can say I feel so much better although I am struggling right now with lack of energy but it should right itself.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #845
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Jacqui, for most of us, the weight doesn't seem to melt off, we of course envy those that do see that success, but the health aspect of this is very important as well and how we feel. I usually can say I feel so much better although I am struggling right now with lack of energy but it should right itself.
I totally agree...the ups and downs are painful, but I have gained 4# in 2.5 months of this eating, but my smaller jeans are comfy now...so the inches are going. I don't really care any more about the numbers on the scale if the tape measure is working!

Buffy...I also dropped the potassium (around the same time) and didn't have any yawns or naps yesterday. However, I also got my sublingual B12 methyl.... in the mail Sat. and took one yesterday. DH and I are usually in bed to watch the news at 10 PM. Last night we talked until midnight! Talk about awake! I took the B12 in the afternoon. Today it will be AM hours. I tried a new brand...guess this one really worked! (it's a private company that I don't think I can mention here).

I'm off to the gym today to resume my weight lifting. We'll see if I bonk after having yam fries yesterday...they were so good and so OFF the plan!
Old 11-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #846
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
No - you're just fine. From carbcounter:
Vanilla extract, imitation, alcohol
1 tsp 0.10 g carbs

Yay! Eat up.
phew! thanks- that was my last jar of CO and I didn't feel like running out to buy another one.

btw- I made a big batch this time and made different kinds.

chocholate mint:
CO, Cocoa, mint and vanilla extract,splenda

Irish Coffee:
CO, Cocoa, coffee, mint and vanilla extract,splenda

Peanut butter cup:
poured some CO, Cocoa, splenda, vanilla extract mix in the bottom of mini
cupcake holder. then dropped a mix of CO, natural PB and splenda in the center. let set a bit then dropped a little more of the first mixture on top.

so far I tried the Irish Coffee and the PB. yum
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #847
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, yum, I like that idea of the Irish Coffee, and I have some flavorings that would work for that.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #848
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Good morning ALL

Just stoppin in to say hi

That peanut butter cup sounds real good right about now.
I'd settle for just a small spoonful of nut butter It's been awhile.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:19 PM   #849
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Red dont take this the wrong way!! I love you like a sister....you are our rock....
Umm. Can't you love me like a brother?!?

Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #850
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
yesterday was 163 but It was That day of the month so...
Today is 161, better
But my whole body is sore.
I sat in a chair and painted all day yesterday except just a few hours. Guess that was a no no but OH is was so nice.
I had gone to an auction and the man was an artist and had some vintage supplies. The stuff is old as the hills but I am so thrilled. I got the stuff for just a few dollars and found a $40 brush that was brand new. Not to mention a $40 set of watercolor pencils.
Now I am gonna have to pull myself away from this stuff so I can get something done.
The kiddies will surely be painting today!
Congrats on the loss and the good buys
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #851
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hi Darin! How are you doing? How was the book?? Bonking??!!! LOL.
Still struggling with smoking urges and still way off plan

Frankly, had I known I'd be off plan this long, I'd have waited till I got under 185 to quit smoking. I mean, dang, I was only a little over a pound a way. I'm too scared to get on the scale and see how much I've gained the last couple of weeks.

Thank God I can't eat wheat. If I couldn't eat corn I'd be a lot better off too lol.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #852
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post

Old 11-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #853
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Today is hubby's 65th birthday.
This morning was my weekly weigh/measure.
Congrats on the lost inches and to Mr. Shelley for his Happy Birthday! Sounds like ya'll had a nice day.

You know, that scale gain may be muscle mass.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #854
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Still struggling with smoking urges and still way off plan

Frankly, had I known I'd be off plan this long, I'd have waited till I got under 185 to quit smoking. I mean, dang, I was only a little over a pound a way. I'm too scared to get on the scale and see how much I've gained the last couple of weeks.

Thank God I can't eat wheat. If I couldn't eat corn I'd be a lot better off too lol.
I feel for you, so hard to be doing the right thing and have to pay for it in weight gain. But, one good thing is, when you set your mind to losing, you do very well at it, so the weight should come back off easily.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #855
Big Yapper!!!!

Feeling better off the extra potassium, still no bundle of energy but seldom am anymore. Appetite is back to normal too, a very strange side effect from that???

I have to say, I am struggling with logging my food right now. Just plain don't want to mess with it. I am not struggling with wanting to eat off plan or eat carbs, just don't want to log. Think the honeymoon stage is over where all that newness is fun and interesting. But, I am not going to worry too much, just punt for a while until I either gain or get back in the mood.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #856
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Hi Red
Howdy Oceana
Old 11-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #857
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I feel for you, so hard to be doing the right thing and have to pay for it in weight gain. But, one good thing is, when you set your mind to losing, you do very well at it, so the weight should come back off easily.
Ssssssshhhhh! We mustn't speak like that or Darin will swell up like a watermelon pigging out on everything lol
Old 11-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #858
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Feeling better off the extra potassium, still no bundle of energy but seldom am anymore. Appetite is back to normal too, a very strange side effect from that???

I have to say, I am struggling with logging my food right now. Just plain don't want to mess with it. I am not struggling with wanting to eat off plan or eat carbs, just don't want to log. Think the honeymoon stage is over where all that newness is fun and interesting. But, I am not going to worry too much, just punt for a while until I either gain or get back in the mood.
We were hitting it pretty intensely for about 6 weeks straight so taking a bit of a breather from some of the more tedious aspects seems pretty reasonable to me.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #859
Blabbermouth!!!

And if anyone is thinking about wasting money on The Expendables 2 - just go out to the curb and throw your ticket money, popcorn money, coke money (which is about $30 bucks in the States) to the gutter and go back inside. You'll come out at least 2 hours ahead - time you cannot get back.

It was awful. Really. Just a formula sequel with some stuff that just doesn't square with the awesome first movie. A lot of gag lines winking and nodding about some of the stars other films.

*********Spoiler********

asd;lfkja;sdflkjas;dflkjas;dlkfjas;ldfkjthe girlfriend was not a cheat in the first movie! She broke up with him and began seeing someone else. What the heck were the writers thinking with that development in the sequel???a;dlfkja;sldfkj;aslkdjdf;laskdjf;lsakjdf; laksdjf

******End Spoiler*********
Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #860
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
I did lose 6.4lbs so that's great.
Congrats!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #861
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:

Ahahahaha!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #862
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
Hi, thanks for the warm answers, i was really needing a place to let go all my "panicky" feelings

i am feeling so good since i started low carb that i know i am not going back to sugar... think about it, after years of binging and cravings and dreaming about the next cake, i have been three months without sugar and i dont miss it, its a miracle

i am 36, mother of 5, secretary four hours a day, so very busy but not sportive...

i weigh 89 kg that is 195 pounds, started three months ago at 204 pounds, all the weight went down the first month and a half so i think it was mostly water... for more than a month i have been stuck. i am 161 cm tall that is (let me google...) 5' 2''. i am healthy. i have been obese all my life but i think my frame is not big and if i were thin i wouldn't be big.

i have been eating like this:

1. breakfast: 2 eggs made with butter, 1/2 to 1 avocado, coffee with cream
2. lunch: meat, sometimes with a tomato, or some other veggie
3. dinner: chicken

i am not eating vegetables and thats because is starting to be cold here and i am lazy with the cooking, since they are not so yummy

of course there were days when i woudn't eat like that;

a. once i made almond-coconut-flour cookies just to feel cookies... they were not good since they were not sweet
b. i made granola for my kids with natural ingredients and no grains and i ate some with coconut milk, that is off... because of the fruits
c. at the beggining i was trying primal (did you look at their success stories... people just melted off... but not me ) so i had a few pieces of sweet potato
d. the occasional indulgence... 85% chocolate

all that is gone since i decided to go keto... but i feel a bit miserable

if not sugars and grains and goodies... at least some potato once in a while... and that little piece of chocolate did make me feel good and not deprived
but i am starting to understand that maybe because of a b c d i wasnt losing weight

but why is it so hard for me and less hard for others... there is people there simply melting off...

again support and THANKS!!!!
Okay.

Here are some things to consider Jacqui.

Mother of 5? You gave birth to all 5, no? Childbirth is very tough on mama's body and you have done it 5 times. You need to recognize that this by itself sets you apart from 99% of the rest of the paleo or LC crowd and, I imagine, 100% apart from the fast losers you mention.

That isn't a negative! It is just something to be aware of going forward. Your body is very different from almost everyone else.

Obese all your life? Here is another area where you are far different from most LC and paleo people and probably 99.99% of the fast losers. Lifelong obesity just about has to indicate an unusual metabolism with its own special challenges.

Again, it isn't a negative. It is just something to acknowledge and be aware of going forward. No worries.

From your list of food it doesn't appear that you weigh and log what you are eating? Is that right?

You are 5'2" so the chart says for a large framed woman of your height the upper end of the weight range is about 140 pounds. A small frame is around 120 pounds on the upper end.

Doing the numbers for the highest weight/framesize ...

Goal Weight: 140

NK Page:
(x*(1-.18)*0.6 = 69-115

Exercise Page:
(x/2.2)*0.8 = 51
(x/2.2)*1.2 = 76
(x/2.2)*1.5 = 95
(x/2.2)*1.8 = 115

Dr. Phinney's recommendation is 1.5g/kg that results in 95g protein daily.

For a goal weight of 140 the calorie goal would be : 2227 (35kCal/kg) with a floor of 1909 (30kCal/kg - for an obese and/or very sedentary person).

-------

So you can see that you won't be starving yourself while eating enough calories to maintain 140 pounds.

You can have a square of that 85% chocolate bar if you want it.

Remember, you don't have to get there tomorrow and you already know that, so far, you don't seem to be a fast loser. Look at it as more of a cross country train ride than a red-eye to Vegas that will only end in bitter recriminations about who thought it was a good idea to not leave the ATM card in the hotel room.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Okay.
Remember, you don't have to get there tomorrow and you already know that, so far, you don't seem to be a fast loser. Look at it as more of a cross country train ride than a red-eye to Vegas that will only end in bitter recriminations about who thought it was a good idea to not leave the ATM card in the hotel room.

You are Dennis Miller funny. (high compliment in my book)
Old 11-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #864
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:

Yay!!! Major Red is back with his great sense of humor! We've missed you.

Don't worry about the food right now..focus on kicking the cigarette habit (my 2 cents worth). You know that you can lose the weight pretty easily once you are doing well with the addiction thing. I can't imagine how hard that is, so we are all rooting for you bigtime!

Hope you are feeling better and glad you have you back!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #865
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh! ct, the book was actually the best of the 3 so far! I was pleasantly surprised. I wonder if the author read my review of his first book? The protagonist was a lot less stupid in book 3 and spent 100% less time with pointless naval gazing.

Finished that one, read a real short one that was excellent, and started a young adult one that is surprisingly good so far.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #866
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You are Dennis Miller funny. (high compliment in my book)
Well! Thank you very much!
Old 11-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #867
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Yay!!! Major Red is back with his great sense of humor! We've missed you.

Don't worry about the food right now..focus on kicking the cigarette habit (my 2 cents worth). You know that you can lose the weight pretty easily once you are doing well with the addiction thing. I can't imagine how hard that is, so we are all rooting for you bigtime!

Hope you are feeling better and glad you have you back!
Hiya Shelley

I'd be feeling a bajillion percent better if I were back on plan and smoke free instead of just smoke free!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #868
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Shelley, I think servers live to aggravate us all!
Jacqui - Darin said it so well, and he is on the mark. Give yourself time to adjust; if you need to have something sweet, then make one of the fat bombs, I use cream cheese as my base. I can't even think about eating cookies/cakes, it's my start down the slope. Nothing else really bothers me. So, once I realized the cream cheese wasn't a sweet to me, it became a welcomed treat. I eat one small piece of dark chocolate per day, 70-85%, whatever I have. It's very heart healthy, and women who eat it have overall better health.
Cheryl, painting is such a gift, and what a find. Sitting all day, blah! I had "education" on line today, 7 hours in a chair in front of computers....painting sounds so much nicer! I love watercolor pencils too...
Hi Becky! Hope day 1 of vacation was great!
Tablis, somewhere recently I read of the "nasty" caramel food coloring....very bad stuff, however, it's in my Diet Coke splenda-type that I refuse to give up, down to one a day.
Darin, good save on the movie, yea for a good book! Quiting smoking when you did was well-planned, even if it wasn't! Finish the battle, then you will naturally get back to plan. Corn causes a fairly high insulin response, but it must be what you need now.
Hi Judy, you always make me laugh! I love Dennis Miller!
Buffy, you are right, I want to meet the "melters"....us average folks struggle lb by lb. I guess that is for women...after all my DH lost his licky-split. Hope your energy comes back more tomorrow!
Hi Oceana. Get a spoon of a nut butter! I had some last night, now I need to make somemore.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:36 PM   #869
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jacqui
first of all thank you for your warm messages and advice

first of all thank you for your warm messages and advice
Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #870
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jacqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Jacqui - Darin said it so well, and he is on the mark. Give yourself time to adjust; if you need to have something sweet, then make one of the fat bombs, I use cream cheese as my base. I can't even think about eating cookies/cakes, it's my start down the slope. Nothing else really bothers me. So, once I realized the cream cheese wasn't a sweet to me, it became a welcomed treat. I eat one small piece of dark chocolate per day, 70-85%, whatever I have. It's very heart healthy, and women who eat it have overall better health. .
i have to read that thread about fat bombs... about chocolate... you say sweet i hear "forbidden", the same regarding fats, etc. i am so afraid to eat... i was told not to eat since i was a little girl.
Closed Thread