Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #721
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Morning ya'll. I was up late with that stupid book.

Cheryl, I always usually bounce up a little after hitting a new low.
reddarin is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 06:23 AM   #722
Major LCF Poster!
 
livinlarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: IL
Posts: 2,401
Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
I weighed 160.5 this morning.
Bumped up a lb.
I only got in about 1400 calories yesterday, I wonder if that bumped me it could also be too much salt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Cheryl, I always usually bounce up a little after hitting a new low.

This is me... down 2.5 lbs, ups 1.5, down 2 lbs, up 1....you get the drift. Yesterday was an up day. Today just happened to be a down day. As long as the over all trend is down, we're doing it right!
livinlarge is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #723
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all,I think it's the winter that slows us down,I did move those scales they went from 165.2-164.6 a new low.,I did have to eat more.funnnnnnnie eat more you don't hear that on any other diet! I did get to gym and walk 2 miles boy did that help me sleep better!
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 AM   #724
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all,I think it's the winter that slows us down,I did move those scales they went from 165.2-164.6 a new low.,I did have to eat more.funnnnnnnie eat more you don't hear that on any other diet! I did get to gym and walk 2 miles boy did that help me sleep better!
Congrats Becky!!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #725
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,907
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning. Yes, I belong to the bouncy scale club as well. But, I was happy to see a new low this morning, 192.4. And, I didn't get all my calories in yesterday either. Seems like I can only get all my calories in when I am home all day and evening. When I am out, I seldom stop to eat, I have never liked fast food and just don't want to stop for a sit down dinner. So, I try to take stuff along but end up not eating any or all of it. I need to remember to take my protein shakes with me when I am out and about, at least I would get my protein in. Hope my low hangs around until Monday or even goes lower so I can post it.

Going to try to make meatloaf today, my old standby recipe has oatmeal in it, so going to try something besides that of course.

Had a urology appt yesterday with a young, very fit and trim doctor. He was very interested in the fact that I was doing LC, working great to stop the UTI's that I was getting and noted that I had lost 15 lbs since I had seen him last. Talked about cholesterol and he suggested walking more, of course, and asked if oatmeal would fit into my carb allowance? I said no, not at the level I am at now. He also agreed with me that I didn't want to be on lipitor. He said "stick with this and walk, your cholesterol will surely come down, mine did".
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:01 AM   #726
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,907
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all,I think it's the winter that slows us down,I did move those scales they went from 165.2-164.6 a new low.,I did have to eat more.funnnnnnnie eat more you don't hear that on any other diet! I did get to gym and walk 2 miles boy did that help me sleep better!
Good job Becky, and yes, it is so funny to think, well, I have to eat more if I am going to lose this weight Good for you on the walk.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #727
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning. Yes, I belong to the bouncy scale club as well. But, I was happy to see a new low this morning, 192.4. And, I didn't get all my calories in yesterday either. Seems like I can only get all my calories in when I am home all day and evening. When I am out, I seldom stop to eat, I have never liked fast food and just don't want to stop for a sit down dinner. So, I try to take stuff along but end up not eating any or all of it. I need to remember to take my protein shakes with me when I am out and about, at least I would get my protein in. Hope my low hangs around until Monday or even goes lower so I can post it.

Going to try to make meatloaf today, my old standby recipe has oatmeal in it, so going to try something besides that of course.

Had a urology appt yesterday with a young, very fit and trim doctor. He was very interested in the fact that I was doing LC, working great to stop the UTI's that I was getting and noted that I had lost 15 lbs since I had seen him last. Talked about cholesterol and he suggested walking more, of course, and asked if oatmeal would fit into my carb allowance? I said no, not at the level I am at now. He also agreed with me that I didn't want to be on lipitor. He said "stick with this and walk, your cholesterol will surely come down, mine did".
Congrats all the way around! Great to have a supportive doc

reddarin is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #728
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Buffy maybe you could put pork rind instead of oatmeal !!just a thought,hummm maybe ill fix that too.thanks.
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #729
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,907
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I have used pork rind in meat loaf, it does work but I don't like too much in it, as I don't care for pork in my meat loaf. But, I will prob use a little of that, maybe a little bit of the almond bran I recently bought for some muffins, meat, onions, seasonings, egg and cream. LC catsup on top.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #730
Senior LCF Member
 
pinky45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 85
Gallery: pinky45
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Buffy...try this meatloaf...it is sooooo good! My hubby loved it and he is fussy!
BACON BEEF ROLLS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
This looks really nice too. I made only half the recipe because there is just me and my hubby and my 10 year old son. But it is a keeper recipe!
pinky45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #731
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 950
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
,I did move those scales they went from 165.2-164.6 a new low.
Always great news! You seem to be really good about staying on track on the weekends too, which can be an issue for a lot of us. Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning. Yes, I belong to the bouncy scale club as well. But, I was happy to see a new low this morning, 192.4.
Starting the weekend with a new low, yay! Your young doctor sounds very supportive. Is he cute too? I'm not still looking but I doooo have a daughter that will be marrying age in a few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky45 View Post
Buffy...try this meatloaf...it is sooooo good!
BACON BEEF ROLLS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Thanks for sharing; sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it.
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #732
Major LCF Poster!
 
livinlarge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: IL
Posts: 2,401
Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Your young doctor sounds very supportive. Is he cute too? I'm not still looking but I doooo have a daughter that will be marrying age in a few years.
You're too funny
livinlarge is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #733
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Wahooo, Becky and Buffy!
Great! Upping calories has helped us.
Buffy, glad your Dr was supportive.
Clueless is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #734
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 908
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Today is my 1st day. Here is my menu...could ya'll tell me what ya think of it?! Thanks



B: Coffee w/HWC, SFV and CO
L: Hard Salami w/2tbs Cream Cheese and Dill Pickle
S: Smoked Salmon Mixed w/2tbs Cream Cheese
D: Chicken Salad w/4tbs of Mayo, Green Beans

kCals: 1835
Fat: 153.6 76%
Carbs(not subtracting fiber): 16.4g 4%
Protein: 90.1g 20% (86g is my Goal)

Last edited by melisa82; 11-16-2012 at 09:27 AM..
melisa82 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #735
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky45 View Post
Buffy...try this meatloaf...it is sooooo good! My hubby loved it and he is fussy!
BACON BEEF ROLLS - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
This looks really nice too. I made only half the recipe because there is just me and my hubby and my 10 year old son. But it is a keeper recipe!
Thanks...I was going to make a meatloaf tonight and this looks fabulous! No bread in it either. Yippeee. I usually put a little ground pork in with the ground meat to make it fatter and jucier....so will try it that way and let you know. Thanks for the link with the recipe!!!!!
shelley is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #736
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Wow...you guys are doing great with your losses...even if you are bouncing up and down, at least you are going DOWN.....I'm still waiting for that and am nearly 3 months into this.

Ordered more ketone strips and will start eating more protein and more calories per the "new way" Red is figuring others macros. It seems I've been eating at the low low end of protein and calories, and maybe I need to increase dramatically per what he's given others for lower weight and less height than I am!!!! So, if they are eating more than I am, then I surely need to eat lots more! I'll give that a try. I have an old book that is something like "eat fat to lose fat" and another one about "eating more to lose weight".

I like the "bouncy scale club"....too funny.

OH....when at the store yesterday, I saw they had some "prepared" jalapeno poppers with chicken and others with seafood. Made me think of Major Red and others who eat those things...I bought a chicken one for Mr. Shelley (the meat counter person said that's their most popular one), so the bacon beef roll/meatloaf recipe might have to wait for over the weekend. It will be a 'new food' for us to try!!!!
__________________
Shelley
shelley is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #737
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,907
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
The meatloaf recipe looks very good, I had already made mine up and it turned out good too.

The young doctor is good looking but mentioned a wife!

Melisa, your menu looks pretty good at a glance, but not knowing what your protein needs are, I can't say for sure. But, a great place to start and your ratios are really good.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #738
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Yay to all the losers!!!!
Buffy It must be so great to have a supportive Dr! That's so hard to find.

Becky I ate a lot yesterday and it helped me drop back to 142 over night. Great how that works!

I grilled a delicous filet mignon with a bunch of little pork chops for the next couple days. I ate one chop and the steak for dinner and it was perfect! I really thought I would see a gain, but to my surprise I dropped the 1.4 I was up yesterday

SO happy we all get to eat so well!
Snoangel is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #739
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 908
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Thanks...I was going to make a meatloaf tonight and this looks fabulous! No bread in it either. Yippeee. I usually put a little ground pork in with the ground meat to make it fatter and jucier....so will try it that way and let you know. Thanks for the link with the recipe!!!!!
Here is another AMAZING meatloaf recipe. Since I found this, I've made no other.

Tomato Topping:

1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1/4 cup sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
2 teaspoons white vinegar or water

Meatloaf Mixture:

2 pounds ground chuck (may use meat loaf mix with ground pork)
2 eggs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup red onion, diced small
1/4 cup roasted or fresh red bell peppers, diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Filling:

1/4 lb Thinly Sliced Ham
1/4 lb Provolone (or your favorite kind of cheese)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a small bowl, mix together the tomato topping ingredients. Set aside. You may add a few drops of water to thin to a ketchup consistency.

In a large bowl, mix together the beef, eggs, Parmesan, vegetables, herbs, and seasonings.

Working on a waxed paper lined sheet pan or counter(I don't have wax paper, so I just sprayed the counter top with Pam), form meatloaf mix into a 10 by 8-inch flat rectangle on the waxed paper. Place a layer of prosciutto slices on top, followed by a layer of provolone slices. Roll up the stuffed meatloaf mix like a burrito and seal the edges all around by pinching the meat.

Place the roll, seam side down, into a 5 by 9-inch loaf pan. Spread a heavy coat of the tomato topping to completely cover the top of the meatloaf. Place in oven and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the temperature on a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F. Drain fat and let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
__________________
Goal 1: 190
Goal 2: 175
Goal 3: 160
Goal 4: 145
melisa82 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 AM   #740
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,907
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Yes Oceana, although he is not my regular doctor, but I really like him too. This was a specialist I was seeing and he said we did not need a follow up. Darn!

Yes, one of my DD's is frustrated as her weight is kind of stuck, she doesn't have much to lose. I suggested she log for a few days, very carefully b/c I suspect she isn't eating enough.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #741
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,907
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Melisa, that looks like a really good meatloaf too. Love a good meatloaf and so does DH.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #742
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
Here is another AMAZING meatloaf recipe. Since I found this, I've made no other.
Oooh....I think I will combine the 2 recipes.....do this...leave out the "filling" and wrap in the bacon!!!! Love it. Thanks!!!!
shelley is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #743
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,353
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Could you guys tell me what kind of scale you love. I want one for christmas that measure body fat. If you have one you would reccommend would you tell me. Thanks
Clueless is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #744
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Could you guys tell me what kind of scale you love. I want one for christmas that measure body fat. If you have one you would reccommend would you tell me. Thanks
I have a Tanita.....people say it's accurate, and people say it's horrible and unreliable. Mine does reg mode (sedentary people) and also athletic mode (which I use since I walk and also do weights 2-3 days a week) and that drops the bodyfat down considerably. I think that is more accurate to know that if you are exercising, it gives you a different reading from doing no exercise. I did the "dunk test" with my first Tanita (hated that test!!!) and it was the same as the Tanita reading, so who knows.
shelley is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #745
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Has anyone tried MIO? It's liquid flavoring for water. I've been drinking it all day and I really like it but a little worried that I shouldn't be drinking all my water with a lil squrit?
Anyone know anything about it?

UPDATE... I found a couple threads talking about it. Seams like it's just made with splenda which is ok for me although I am trying to switch to stevia.

Last edited by Snoangel; 11-16-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Snoangel is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #746
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
I've never tried it Oceana.
reddarin is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #747
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Boy, finally feeling much better today. Yesterday I posted something like that and felt bad about 10 minutes later heh.

reddarin is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #748
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Has anyone tried MIO? It's liquid flavoring for water. I've been drinking it all day and I really like it but a little worried that I shouldn't be drinking all my water with a lil squrit?
Anyone know anything about it?

UPDATE... I found a couple threads talking about it. Seams like it's just made with splenda which is ok for me although I am trying to switch to stevia.
I went nuts over it last summer and went through a couple bottles of it and my nutritionist went crazy when she found out. Apparently there are chemicals in it that are not good for a human body.....haven't had it since. but it's ohhhh so good!!!! Google side effects or something...can't remember the websites she sent me to look at, but it was enough to get me to not buy it any more.

Why is it that all the good stuff is bad....well, other than fat!
shelley is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 PM   #749
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Boy, finally feeling much better today. Yesterday I posted something like that and felt bad about 10 minutes later heh.

I sure hope you are done with what you had.....we need you to be our handsome Major Red with energy and humor!!!! Hope the "feel better" continues!
shelley is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #750
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
I sure hope you are done with what you had.....we need you to be our handsome Major Red with energy and humor!!!! Hope the "feel better" continues!
Hi Shelley

Energy and humor are scheduled to return within the next couple of days. Tomorrow is day 30 smoke-free. It has been an uphill climb and it put me off plan

I was hoping to be back on plan tomorrow but it looks like Sunday or Monday is more likely.

Caught a whiff of someone smoking when I was leaving the store earlier and it stank so that is good.

reddarin is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.