Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 01:25 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Hi, it is hard to think it is ok to eat this way. I did not loose today or gain. So I guess that is good. But my number for my sugar was terrific. 92 it is never that low. So was very happy with that. I really don't understand all of this. I am kinda slow. So I will follow the 80 fat 15 protein and 5 carbs and 2386 cal. Is that correct? Reddarin you are a nice person to learn all of that info for people like me. Thank you for your patientice.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindawell8 View Post
Hi, it is hard to think it is ok to eat this way. I did not loose today or gain. So I guess that is good. But my number for my sugar was terrific. 92 it is never that low. So was very happy with that. I really don't understand all of this. I am kinda slow. So I will follow the 80 fat 15 protein and 5 carbs and 2386 cal. Is that correct? Reddarin you are a nice person to learn all of that info for people like me. Thank you for your patientice.
It is fun to always see my BG numbers under 100 now. I am still on a lower dose of meds though, are you on any diabetes meds?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Hi Buffy, no meds. I have had diabetis for 15 years. My points used to run 3 to 4 hundred. I was not very smart. But the last 2years have worked by diet and exercise to keep the points down. Been doing really good. But not down in the 90's till today. So am pleased with this way of eating. But do hope to lose weight.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TryAgain
Stats: (289.7)/271/241.6/135
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 10/10/2013
Hey all,

Just wanted to say I love reading this thread, so much info, and hilarious posts! I'm mostly a lurker, but wanted to say keeping up with you guys really keeps me on track and motivated!

Today I ditched an egg white and thought of Buffy.

I also quit smoking a few years ago. I found (find) it very challenging and wish red & harm the best. for keeping at it!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TryAgain View Post
Hey all,

!
So liberating, eh?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Congrats on the good reading!

Those numbers are real close to your numbers so that is fine Linda

My pleasure
Old 11-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryAgain View Post
Hey all,

Just wanted to say I love reading this thread, so much info, and hilarious posts! I'm mostly a lurker, but wanted to say keeping up with you guys really keeps me on track and motivated!

I also quit smoking a few years ago. I found (find) it very challenging and wish red & harm the best. for keeping at it!
Hiya! Thanks
Old 11-01-2012, 02:53 PM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning to our Red's Thread gang! Wow, Red, hats off to a great intro to our monthly thread, love it.
Huge to all the newcomers who found their way to us, please hang around, join in our discussions and add your knowledge as well. This is a great group, we have a lot of fun and WE ARE LOSERS!!! Proud of it!

Ok, who said I "only" lost 7 lbs last month, Buffy 's that person!!! I was THRILLED to lose 3.8 . But, I know each of us has different issues and some more or less to lose, some lose quicker and some slower, our goal here is to help each person stay on course and gain better health and if desired , leaner fitter bodies. We are doing a good job.

Red, glad to see you are back in the 80's and have done such a GREAT job in the non-smoking dept. It has been years, but when I quit, I was up to 2 packs a day as well, it was HARD, but so worth it.

Harms way, you can do it, you and Red both pointed out some of the trigger times when you reach for a cigarette, pay close attention. Mine was also when the phone rang, always lit up when I took a call. Now I feel so bad when my grown kids tell me how much they HATED the smell of our house, car, us, with 2 smoking parents. Yuck! You do not want to be that Yucky person! You want to smell like a pretty woman, and Red smell like a handsome man!
Yeah, I actually was only going to add a blurb about calories and ended up doing a pretty big overhaul of the entire intro. We've learned so much chatting the last 7 or 8 weeks that there was a lot I wanted to change for this month.

Lord my Dad used to kill us in the car with the windows rolled up while he smoked like a chimney. Had to keep the windows up for the AC ya see. He was about as hot natured as you've ever seen - even for a guy he was Super Hot Natured Man. Part of it was his growing up without being able to afford AC. Once he could afford it he never did without it lol.

Showering was a trigger for me so I quit doing that. I just use extra deodorant.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky View Post
Good Mornig everyone weighed this morning at 227.5 that's down - 6.5 lbs. since starting o Oct. 28

Gord
Congrats!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
glad to get back on this thread.
Holy smoke Deb!! You have a lot on your plate right now! Don't worry about losing weight - health comes first!

Besides. Anyone that sips ACV on purpose gets an instant 7 day free-pass for each occurrence. Whew!! Yukkie!!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Happy November

I was wondering why no one was posting on the October thread this morning then I got to the bottom and saw there's a new one duh! Great job Red at starting the new thread!

So I AM SICK. I've been fighting it for it seams like two weeks now. I just figured I had a tummy ache or wasn't eating the right foods (which is still possible) but yesterday I went out to eat with people from work, we went to a really nice place and I ordered the wedge salad, all it had on it was bacon, blue cheese, and roasted garlic ranch.
I instantly got sick and as of now I just want to curl up in a ball. My stomache feels rotten and just hurts. could I be missing something I should be consuming?? I also feel light headed and weak.
Please ANY advise is welcome!!!

I gave in yesterday and had a small amount of greek yogurt in a desperate attempt to feel better. It did work for about an hour but that's all.

We need to figure out some way to blame the future Mr. alizgurl. Has he been sick recently? Even a casual sneeze and we have our smoking gun.

Sounds like you need to go to ER clinic or the doc though Oceana. We can guilt trip the future Mr. Oceana after the doc figures out what is wrong and why it is his fault.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah, that chicken fried/refried up in bacon grease is good eatin' alright!

I had chicken refried in a little refined CO with some hatch peppers (canned) then some cheese and sour cream mixed in when I plated it. So dang tasty!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #43
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I have to share what I cooked last night. I'd picked up some boneless pork country style ribs. I cut them into several hunks and browned them on all sides in bacon fat in my CI skillet. Then I stuck them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350*. I seasoned them with a no-salt steak seasoning and lightly salted them with sea salt when I took them out of the oven. They were delicious!!! And we sopped up all the drippings/grease with the meat as we ate it. And DH took a piece of my LC onion/rye bread to sop up the very last of the drippings. Very easy, very affordable and very tasty!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 11-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I have to share what I cooked last night. I'd picked up some boneless pork country style ribs. I cut them into several hunks and browned them on all sides in bacon fat in my CI skillet. Then I stuck them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350*. I seasoned them with a no-salt steak seasoning and lightly salted them with sea salt when I took them out of the oven. They were delicious!!! And we sopped up all the drippings/grease with the meat as we ate it. And DH took a piece of my LC onion/rye bread to sop up the very last of the drippings. Very easy, very affordable and very tasty!
Yowsir! I just happen to have a package of those in the deep freeze. I'll have to thaw them out and do that to them!! Sounds really tasty!

Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Subscribing - still reading daily. Hi everybody!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Numbers for today

Calories 1927

Fat 169 g 78%
Protein 77 g 16%
Carbs 29 g 6 %

Breakfast Coffee HWC 1 TB CO
2 eggs 2oz sausage

Lunch Chorizo sausage with veggies and cheese

Supper Steak um cheese steak on lettuce

Snack 1 sq 85% chocolate w/ 1 TB CO
Old 11-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunsweets View Post
Subscribing - still reading daily. Hi everybody!
Hiya

Old 11-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Food Log

Log and numbers for today.

Calories: 2955

Fat: 260
Pro: 137
Car: 34

77/19/5

Breakfast: CO & coffee, HWC.
Lunch: Bacon, eggs.
Dinner: Chicken, hatch peppers, cheese, sour cream.
Snack: HWC floats, sunflower seeds, almonds.
End of Day: T of CO.

Wow. I really ate a lot of calories today. But that number is actually right at the 35kCal/kg number for me. I would have been closer to the 30kCal/kg figure if not for those dang almonds. Half my carbs came from the almonds too.
Attached Images
File Type: png graph_11012012.png (20.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg log_11012012.jpg (43.6 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-01-2012, 06:51 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Numbers look good Cheryl
Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Numbers look good Cheryl
Thanks Darin

I really appreciate your help.
You are a marvalous Guru
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Evening all. Hope everyone had a great day!

Welcome Misslatte.

Hi Seldom! I think I remember you asked about our favorite high fat foods! Wow....HWC ranks tops for me, as I love coffee. Butter on everything I can stick it on, melt it on, mix it in to! Butters from nuts, I make my own now...almond butter w/almond oil; mac nut butter w/mac nut oil; pecan butter, I am out of pecan oil, but use walnut oil until I get to the source for pecan oil! Bacon grease used to fry anything. Bacon at any time. Egg yolks. Sour cream, cream cheese. Coconut oil to cook, others love it straight or in fat bombs. Coconut butter/cream/milk...I mix coconut butter with any nut butters and thin it into scoopable texture with coconut cream.

Oceana, Buffy has a point, you need to see a doctor. UTIs left unchecked can be a problem. Is it just your tummy, abdominal area, urinary pain? If you can't get an appointment fast, those Doc Express are usually pretty efficient for routine issues.

Linda, congrats on lower numbers! Took me a while not to feel guilty eating this way, and I certainly didn't get the rations at first, but hang in and read a lot.

Hi TryAgain. I threw out TWO egg whites this morning without guilt. EB ones too! Yummy!

Red, I think it a miracle that most of us didn't die of "second hand smoke" after our parents! Mine certainly fogged the house and same with the car. Now, they paid for their habits, sad to say. Showering?? Love those Hatch peppers! Have you stuffed them yet?

Wow Sandy, that sounds so easy to fix the ribs. I will have to pick up some with my Buffy recommended on-sale at Kroger Nolan Ryan steaks! thanks for sharing.

Hi Sweets!

Hi Clueless....we share the same "real" name! And spell it right too! Mostly I go by CT!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Clueless....we share the same "real" name! And spell it right too! Mostly I go by CT!
Hey cool, nice ta meet ya.
I never got those Sheryls
I actually have a twin sis named Sonia, Shhheww I could a been a Tonya. Nice name but it sure wouldn't suit me.

Oceana, I sure hope you get to feeling better. Take care of yourself.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Southerngirl, if I keep reading what everybody is eating I might get it. I put on ****** what I ate today. It said I did the right numbers. But I am scared to death to weigh tomorrow. I cannot believe how full I am. Especially of fat. I will be measuring everyday with a tape measure to make sure I am not gaining inches. I have only done LC before not EFGT. But I feel I need the fat. I have been doing without fat for a very long time. But thanks for the input.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:39 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Thank you Southerngirl, if I keep reading what everybody is eating I might get it. I put on ****** what I ate today. It said I did the right numbers. But I am scared to death to weigh tomorrow. I cannot believe how full I am. Especially of fat. I will be measuring everyday with a tape measure to make sure I am not gaining inches. I have only done LC before not EFGT. But I feel I need the fat. I have been doing without fat for a very long time. But thanks for the input.
I know it may be hard to do, but don't weigh. Just keep eating on this WOE, until to find your "zone", and maybe weigh once a week. I understand the "fear" of fat....believe me, I was raised to fear it! But also remember, Courage is fear that has said its prayer!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:50 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Thanks southerngirl, I am going to remember that. I don't know about the weighing though. I have weighed every night and morning for 25yrs. My husband cannot believe I am on the computer so much. I can't stop reading all this stuff. Everybody is so helpful and encouraging.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
I haven't read thru everything but thank you guys for the advice!
And Red, thanks for the good laugh I'm gonna agree that it's his fault, I did hear him sneeze a few days ago haha

So today was harsh and I live in a home FULL of cookies, cakes, chips, crackers.....pretty much EVERYTHING I stay away from! I was too sick to drive to the store and ate things I shouldn't have I'm usually smarter than this, Idk what got into me. I didn't eat massive amounts cause I don't feel good so I'm not too worried about gaining as I'll get back to induction level tomorrow. Just a lil disappointed I was so carefree and ate a brownie, yes a real brownie! Fail.
I'm blaming the flu shot at this point. I talked to quite a few people that said they got sick for well over two weeks after a flu shot. So I'll load up on vitamins and ride it out. Good thing it's almost the weekend

I hope you all have a wonderful night!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Well I did it!!i quit could not do it any more,unreal that people have to work like that for so little money.i pray for the patiences.

Now I can starting eating three meals again.
Today
B- none coffee tbs co
L- 5 oz pork roast
D- had a little juice from roast
Not enough,,,,,tommorrow will be better no stress
Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #58
Junior LCF Member

Wtg pc!

It is so hard to quit a cna job, but one worth keeping puts their clients first
Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #59
Junior LCF Member

Dear oceana..

I thought I read sumpin' bout brownies?

Is that so?

Brownies, please?

(I kiiid) less you got !em lol
Old 11-02-2012, 03:38 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

WEll Congrats PC, I know that is a hard thing to do but you will feel better to get away from that stress. Seems alot of workplaces in our area have gone to treating employes bad.

My weight this am 161.5 again so happy it stayed the same.
2 people have noticed that I have lost weight so that is inspiring.

This is such a wonderful group.
Closed Thread