Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 08:38 AM   #511
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Hi Oceana

How much is lots? What kind of magnesium? When do you take it?
Natue made 250 mg I've taken 1,500
It's magnesium oxide
Snoangel is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #512
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Nicki that's a good lookin menu!!

I heard someone say that if you have a WW scale that it doesn't show a new number unless you lost or gained around two pounds. That makes sense cause I thought my scale was broken many times. Yesterday it was the same as the day before 147 so this morning I got on and pushed down on the counter to reset it. Got on and it says 143.5 I got on a few more times just to make sure!!!!!!
So after 3 days of eggs and meat I went from 148.4 to 143.5 that's a number I haven't seen in awhile yay
I will continue till thanksgiving maybe with a bit of good cheese and avocado here and there.
Snoangel is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Oceana are you still having coffee,co or hwc ? Can you post what you are eating?please...thanks..
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #514
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Natue made 250 mg I've taken 1,500
It's magnesium oxide
1500 is a whole lotta magnesium. I take about 800mg. I'd guess that your body just cannot absorb it in oxide form. I think SouthernGirl made some recommendations in last month's thread for what type to buy. I'd sure start off a lot less than that if you do buy a different type.

Another thing - are you drinking enough water? How much water are you drinking?
reddarin is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #515
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Hiya Becky

Keep us posted Nicki
reddarin is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Red!!just setting here having my coffee with co and hwc..I think I could live just off that.....but I did have 3 bacon and 1 egg this morning. I going to make me some chicken wraps for dinner.
I made more of the homemade mayo yesterday ..I made it with olive oil not the almond oil...yukkkk....I like it much better with almond..oil I did use evo do you think it's a differts from that and reg.olive oil..

Last edited by portcop01; 11-12-2012 at 09:57 AM..
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #517
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,224
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!

I do want to this morning as I have now passed the 15 lb mark on my weight loss since coming back to LC. A nice new low this morning of 193.

Now, the interesting part. I have been doing an experiment this past week that I didn't mention. I had Red refigure my macros as I had gone to the doctor a while back and had them measure my height, I have shrunk from 5'6" to 5' 5 1/4". So, according to his latest figures, I should be eating a minimum of 77 grams of protein a day, had been eating 57, and calories should be 2045 to 2386 . I said that was surely to maintain my weight, right? Not to lose??? He said that was to maintain at my goal weight of 150, so, at my current weight, that would be to lose weight. again!! But, last week, I thought I would give up a week to experiment and see what happens. So, all week, I ate at least 77 gr of protein and about 2050 calories, really had to push to get that many calories, eat fat like crazy. Except for yesterday, I was gone from mid afternoon until midnight and didn't eat dinner, came home and just went to bed. Anyway, a new low of 193 this AM. Very interesting! Scary as well. Going that long between eating, I am sure added to the new low but now I just have to work to maintain it and move downward.

DD said that she recently read an article that people who do LC are at a danger of not eating enough b/c they just aren't hungry. So, will continue the experiment and see what happens this week.

Thanks once again Red.
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
to you Buffy.great job!!I don't no if I could eat that much.but maybe I could if it was co and hwc.in my coffee! Let us no how it goes.
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #519
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,224
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Becky, I had to actually kind of work to get my calories that high, but then discovered that if I just increased the HWC in my root beer floats, the CO in my coffee and ate another fat bomb or two, it quickly added up. So basically made up the extra calories in fats. I feel so abused
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Hehehe Buffy. I no I tried a couple of days without hwc and then add it back it did not stall me.ya.
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #521
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
.oil I did use evo do you think it's a differts from that and reg.olive oil..
It is probably the mayo part that taste bad

reddarin is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #522
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!

I do want to this morning as I have now passed the 15 lb mark on my weight loss since coming back to LC. A nice new low this morning of 193.

Now, the interesting part. I have been doing an experiment this past week that I didn't mention. I had Red refigure my macros as I had gone to the doctor a while back and had them measure my height, I have shrunk from 5'6" to 5' 5 1/4". So, according to his latest figures, I should be eating a minimum of 77 grams of protein a day, had been eating 57, and calories should be 2045 to 2386 . I said that was surely to maintain my weight, right? Not to lose??? He said that was to maintain at my goal weight of 150, so, at my current weight, that would be to lose weight. again!! But, last week, I thought I would give up a week to experiment and see what happens. So, all week, I ate at least 77 gr of protein and about 2050 calories, really had to push to get that many calories, eat fat like crazy. Except for yesterday, I was gone from mid afternoon until midnight and didn't eat dinner, came home and just went to bed. Anyway, a new low of 193 this AM. Very interesting! Scary as well. Going that long between eating, I am sure added to the new low but now I just have to work to maintain it and move downward.

DD said that she recently read an article that people who do LC are at a danger of not eating enough b/c they just aren't hungry. So, will continue the experiment and see what happens this week.

Thanks once again Red.
Congrats!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #523
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,224
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Red!!just setting here having my coffee with co and hwc..I think I could live just off that.....but I did have 3 bacon and 1 egg this morning. I going to make me some chicken wraps for dinner.
I made more of the homemade mayo yesterday ..I made it with olive oil not the almond oil...yukkkk....I like it much better with almond..oil I did use evo do you think it's a differts from that and reg.olive oil..
Most of us who have made mayo and use olive oil have found that it tastes bad, but, if you use the light olive oil, it is good. light OO has no taste to speak of.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:36 AM   #524
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Thanks Buffy ill try that!
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #525
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
1500 is a whole lotta magnesium. I take about 800mg. I'd guess that your body just cannot absorb it in oxide form. I think SouthernGirl made some recommendations in last month's thread for what type to buy. I'd sure start off a lot less than that if you do buy a different type.

Another thing - are you drinking enough water? How much water are you drinking?
I started at 500 and worked my way up over a couple weeks. I drink 8-12 glasses of water a day so I know I get plenty.
I heard there's some teas that really help out so I'll look around tonight.
Snoangel is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #526
Senior LCF Member
 
lindawell8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Posts: 124
Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Congrats Buffy That loss is awesome. I also have not been on the threads all week-end. Busy busy. But need to catch up. These threads are what keeps me going. Helps me keep eating all the fat. So everybody have a good day. Off to the gym.
lindawell8 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #527
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,224
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Oceana, I think any of the mags that end in "ate" are better for absorption, I have citrate. And, I think I remember that 800 is max dosage, so I don't think 1500 is advisable, but I am no expert.

Thanks Linda, each new little loss just really keeps me pumped and excited about this.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:03 AM   #528
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Great news Buffy!!!!!

Becky, I have been using half and half in my coffee because I was out of HWC. I also had a small SF vanilla chai with almond milk on Saturday.

I would eat 3-4 hard boild eggs with lots of mayo and some mustard I would have ate more if I was still hungry.
2 hamburger patties with a slice of cheese mayo and sf katchup
New York steak and skirt steak
I ate as much meat as I felt like. last night I was hungry so I ate a good size skirt steak that I grilled Friday night.

Thursday night I boiled a dozen eggs and Friday evening I grilled enough meat to eat for the three days.

Oh and Saturday we went to Red Robin and I ate a plain burger with mayo wrapped in lettuce which I took at least half off.

I will continue preparing tonight by boiling a dozen or more eggs and grilling a bunch of thin pork chops. I still have at least 5 burger patties in the fridge.

I have nothing to eat now and I'm hugry so I'll just go to the food CO-OP and get some of their fresh boiled eggs. I'm gonna stay away from bacon and sausage.
I just can't believe I got down to 143.5 I couldn't get past 144 for two months. We'll see the next couple days if it's for real
Snoangel is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #529
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
I'm aslo going to start eating CO again and try to get lots of fat in.
Snoangel is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #530
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,224
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Good plans Oceana!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #531
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Oceana that sounds great,!were are you from sounds like Australia !
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #532
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,349
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Buffy!!
Oceana!
Wahoooo
Clueless is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Oceana that sounds great,!were are you from sounds like Australia !
Oh I wish!! I live in Washington State now. Before I moved here I lived in Alaska for awhile.
Thinking about moving south next to feel some warmth.
Snoangel is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #534
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Cheryl how's things going for you?
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #535
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 309
Gallery: tablis
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Hi-
I'm a lurker, recently joined Kristn's thread and just finished 2nd week of NK over on her thread. I am still trying to wrap my head around all this and want to learn as much as I can. I find myself somehow always ending up in the 80/15/5 percentages even tho that isn't really the focus on the other thread so I thought I'd subscribe here as well -to be sure to keep up with - and learn from -you guys too.
I am a long time ATKINS person but it stopped doing its magic for me and I found my way here. I have learned so much from all of you! thank you!
tablis is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #536
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,224
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Tablis, I am a member on both threads and learn so much from them both. Welcome!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #537
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,349
Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Cheryl how's things going for you?
My weight is 162 today, I had some wine on Saturday and wound up chewing some gum on Sunday. I am weak
Seems like a glass or 2 of wine really sets me back.
Then today I had some flax bread. I figure that will set me back too.
But, I am hanging in there. I was thinking of doing the meat and egg fast that some have been talking about.
I need to do something.
Clueless is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #538
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 309
Gallery: tablis
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Tablis, I am a member on both threads and learn so much from them both. Welcome!
thanks for the welcome and thanks for all that you've taught me already..
tablis is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #539
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I did the meat and eggs for 5 months a few years ago.works great. I might do it to but keep my co and hwc.i no when I eat eggs I lose more for some reason.want to try together ??
portcop01 is offline  
Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #540
Senior LCF Member
 
Snoangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 389
Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablis View Post
Hi-
I'm a lurker, recently joined Kristn's thread and just finished 2nd week of NK over on her thread. I am still trying to wrap my head around all this and want to learn as much as I can. I find myself somehow always ending up in the 80/15/5 percentages even tho that isn't really the focus on the other thread so I thought I'd subscribe here as well -to be sure to keep up with - and learn from -you guys too.
I am a long time ATKINS person but it stopped doing its magic for me and I found my way here. I have learned so much from all of you! thank you!
Snoangel is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.