Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Ok now guest gone went very well ...now going to work,see y'all tonight after work,Redbe good.buffy keep him that way!!
portcop01 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #242
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Ok now guest gone went very well ...now going to work,see y'all tonight after work,Redbe good.buffy keep him that way!!
I cannot be chained!

Have a good day at work
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #243
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,033
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Like a greased red head could be bound by chains,
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #244
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Like a greased red head could be bound by chains,
heh a wonderful side benefit to bodily application of CO
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #245
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
There are some logistics to work out. For example, how exactly do you prevent shooting off the other side of the wrapped bed upon entry while coated with oil? Will sitting on the potty during the night be fraught with sliding off danger? Is it worth installing non-skid doorknobs in an effort to address the inherent problem of opening a door with greasy hands?
I have visions of sticky backed sandpaper sheets on toilet seats and door handles...or just removing the doors from the hinges!

How would the dog do though...I can visualize tasty treats.....you'll have to put some meat flavoring in the CO so that it tastes yummy!!!
shelley is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Thank you

Do you want me to PM you to tinker with what your situation is with this approach?
That would be sensational!!!! We'd have to make sure you were promoted from Major....would that make you a Captain or a General for this type of work???
shelley is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Oh dear, just entered my late breakfast/lunch and consumed 796 calories, yikes!!! I bought the Wright's bacon ends and pieces yesterday, saw a serving was 2 oz which is more than a serving of regular bacon and the protein was a couple of grams lower, so wow, I thought, this is great. Cooked it up and it was great, had some nice chunks of ham in it, very good, and my usual 2 fried eggs with a teaspoon of grass fed butter on each. Yummo. But when I saw the calorie count for my breakfast, I looked and the bacon ends and pieces were 300 calories. I am very full, so will probably be fine but doensn't give me much wiggle room for the day. I can have 3 1/2 oz of my brisket for dinner and then my chocolate concoction and root beer float for my snack, that is it for the day to stay right under 1500 calories.

But, on that bacon, it was 300 calories for the 2 oz and 280 of them were from fat
That happened to me yesterday when I had a meal and didn't check it out first....nearly the same calories too for "breakfast". But the day ended well...and you will too!

Questions...you have all been talking about your coke zero and root beer floats. How do you make them????
shelley is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #248
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
That would be sensational!!!! We'd have to make sure you were promoted from Major....would that make you a Captain or a General for this type of work???
Lieutenant Colonel is the next rank and then Colonel (the former being referred to as a 'light Colonel' while the latter is a 'full bird').

Okay give me a min.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #249
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
And my internet troubles persist so if I drop off the face of the planet it is just because my internet connection went down again.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:45 PM   #250
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,663
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
My guess is that if your fractionated oil is being sold for soap making then it is cosmetic grade. You'll want to buy yourself a jar of food grade MCT. Now Foods Brand from Netrition is what I have and I'm pleased with it. I had bought some years ago as Keto Butta that had butter flavor extract added. Yummy!
metqa is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #251
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,630
Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
My guess is that if your fractionated oil is being sold for soap making then it is cosmetic grade. You'll want to buy yourself a jar of food grade MCT. Now Foods Brand from Netrition is what I have and I'm pleased with it. I had bought some years ago as Keto Butta that had butter flavor extract added. Yummy!
Thanks for the info. Too bad since I have a gallon. Will just have to check at the health food store the next time I go to the "city."
adillenal is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,033
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I guess we should just call them soda floats.

Take any kind of diet soda that you enjoy, pour part of it over ice, add HWC (I use about 1 T per can) and then fill up with soda. Zero coke seems to be excellent, I haven't tried that yet, AW diet root beer is great, strawberry, orange, etc. Those are the ones I have tried and I like them all. As soon as my diet coke is gone, I am going to try that zero coke. It tastes like a ice cream soda to me and I have one almost every night as I unwind and watch tv, read the paper, etc. Sometimes I sneak one in during the day too. It's a good thing!
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #253
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,663
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Can you check the label to see what grade it claims to be? Somethings are just packaged differently but are the same. Dunno, or maybe call the company from where you got it to ask the quality of it.
metqa is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #254
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 950
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say I'm still here! Not posting stats but I read your posts several times a day. I'm pretty sure I'm still doing everything right because I'm in ketosis, I lost a half pound last week, and I just measured my body fat with calipers and with a tape measure and I'm pretty pleased with what I assume is just the approximate number.

Everyone is doing so great, and we have some newbies too. Hi Newbies!
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I guess we should just call them soda floats.

Take any kind of diet soda that you enjoy, pour part of it over ice, add HWC (I use about 1 T per can) and then fill up with soda. Zero coke seems to be excellent, I haven't tried that yet, AW diet root beer is great, strawberry, orange, etc. Those are the ones I have tried and I like them all. As soon as my diet coke is gone, I am going to try that zero coke. It tastes like a ice cream soda to me and I have one almost every night as I unwind and watch tv, read the paper, etc. Sometimes I sneak one in during the day too. It's a good thing!
Thanks Buffy! I don't usually have soda unless I feel "sick" and then it's ginger ale....but I do love root beer freezes (root beer and vanilla ice cream), but haven't had one in years! I have diet coke w/splenda for my hubby, but will have to check out zero coke too when that is gone (but isn't that with aspartame?) Sounds like a good dessert/treat.
shelley is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #256
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,033
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Deborah!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Can you check the label to see what grade it claims to be? Somethings are just packaged differently but are the same. Dunno, or maybe call the company from where you got it to ask the quality of it.
That's true. I buy Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and just got Rice Bran Oil from a Soap supply company. I always include a note at checkout not to ship if it's not edible, as that's all I will be using it for. When my order comes, it actually comes from Columbus Foods.
EllaP is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,630
Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Can you check the label to see what grade it claims to be? Somethings are just packaged differently but are the same. Dunno, or maybe call the company from where you got it to ask the quality of it.
I looked it up online from some of the companies I order from and one of them says it is kosher/food grade so I have to check to see which company I bought it from when I get home.
adillenal is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #259
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,033
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Just got my totals for the day and although my calories are high, my percentages are:
81%/14%/4%

I think that is the highest I have gone on fat. All of a sudden I felt very hungry and almost had that out of control, I am going to go eat anything I want feeling, but I went ahead and ate some of what I had planned for the rest of the evening and I am really full again.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,033
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Is the EVOO way cheaper from the soap supply companies?

I tried the nutiva brand for the first time today, have to say it is one of the best I have tasted so far.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #261
Way too much time on my hands!
 
metqa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 12,663
Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Now that I think of it, I can see some soap companies using food grade ingredients, after all our skin is our biggest organ and we often use food stuff on our skin to keep it healthy, why not have high quality oils that are good enough to eat. Some of the specialty soaps I buy sure smell good enough to eat!
metqa is online now  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Is the EVOO way cheaper from the soap supply companies?

I tried the nutiva brand for the first time today, have to say it is one of the best I have tasted so far.
From what I've found, yes, it's cheaper. They have much cheaper Coconut Oils also, but I wanted the EVCO . The cheaper ones may be of interest to those that don't like the taste of coconut or use it more for cooking.

{Edited to remove price details. I've been scolded a couple of times for linking in my short lived posting here on LCF and wasn't sure I could include such detail as the prices - it could be construed as promoting, I suppose}

Last edited by EllaP; 10-04-2012 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Removed some info.
EllaP is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #263
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I have a gallon
Hmmm. Saran wrap quantities.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #264
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say I'm still here! Not posting stats but I read your posts several times a day. I'm pretty sure I'm still doing everything right because I'm in ketosis, I lost a half pound last week, and I just measured my body fat with calipers and with a tape measure and I'm pretty pleased with what I assume is just the approximate number.

Everyone is doing so great, and we have some newbies too. Hi Newbies!
Howdy!

Congrats on the loss and the measurements!!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 950
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Thanx!
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #266
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Thanks Buffy! I don't usually have soda unless I feel "sick" and then it's ginger ale....but I do love root beer freezes (root beer and vanilla ice cream), but haven't had one in years! I have diet coke w/splenda for my hubby, but will have to check out zero coke too when that is gone (but isn't that with aspartame?) Sounds like a good dessert/treat.
It tastes a lot like a rootbeer float. Very tasty.

Coke Zero is made with aspartame. HWC floats with it are awesome!
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Now that I think of it, I can see some soap companies using food grade ingredients
Well, they sure didn't about 40 years ago as I can attest to the horrible taste of bar soap from that time period.

Last edited by reddarin; 10-04-2012 at 03:35 PM..
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #268
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Just got my totals for the day and although my calories are high, my percentages are:
81%/14%/4%

I think that is the highest I have gone on fat. All of a sudden I felt very hungry and almost had that out of control, I am going to go eat anything I want feeling, but I went ahead and ate some of what I had planned for the rest of the evening and I am really full again.
Great numbers

I've had a few days like that too. Logging is what tends to keep me in line. I put it on the log before I eat it and reality gives me a Leroy Gibbs smack.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #269
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Is the EVOO way cheaper from the soap supply companies?

I tried the nutiva brand for the first time today, have to say it is one of the best I have tasted so far.
I really like Nutiva OEVCO. It was the first one I tried and I stopped right there. Other than LouAnn refined of course.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #270
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Hmmm. Saran wrap quantities.
OMG that was funny!!!!!
shelley is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:45 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.