Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Good morning all!!Sounds like all is doing good,missed talking to you guys yesterday,was very busy with guest from Canada but had a great time,,,gained 2 lbs yuk.....if for some reason I eat out I do not lose I gain weight,,,,
I had coffee with hwc and co for breakfast
Lunch chicken leg and thigh with cabbage
Dinner steak,,shrimp,green beans.
They all had a big ice cream cone and I watched and still gained unfair.....
But that's ok I feel good this am...if I had the ice cream...I would feel sick
Well back on track this morning company leaves this morning and I go to work at 3-11 today.
Y'all have a great day!
I have to agree, you watched the ice cream eating and didn't give in and still was up, grossly unfair. Here you go
Buffy45 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 193.3!

Hooray! New low! Former low was 193.5 so only .2 difference but heh I'll take it especially after two bumps

Would have swooned and hit my head on the sink counter if I'd have gotten that other .4 to get to the 192s. So, for safety, 193.3 was a good reading and my body wasn't being contrary just looking out for my forehead.

Aside from that, Larry was right about the awful thought of being found dead naked.
Ahhh, but now, I nice thin naked, Much better than being found dead, naked and fat
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Ok, to add a further note to Red's thought, and I should not even post this, just jump on by if you wish.

One night I was sick, had really really bad bathroom issues, you KWIM. Ran to the loo, passed out, hit my head on the tub, came to on the floor in a real "mess" again, you KWIM. DH jumped out of bed, had heard me hit my head and asked me if he should call 911. I said,
"Oh H*)) no, please God, just let me die here before you ever let anyone see me like this! "
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 193.3!

Hooray! New low! Former low was 193.5 so only .2 difference but heh I'll take it especially after two bumps

Would have swooned and hit my head on the sink counter if I'd have gotten that other .4 to get to the 192s. So, for safety, 193.3 was a good reading and my body wasn't being contrary just looking out for my forehead.

Aside from that, Larry was right about the awful thought of being found dead naked.
Ok Major!! First of all you were kind of making me mad with your magic scale but now you are just pissing me off .

Wow, your losses are just fabulous, I am sooo jealous, but so proud of you at the same time. You are doing a great job and keep doing what you are doing, it is working great. Kudos!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:25 AM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Ok, to add a further note to Red's thought, and I should not even post this, just jump on by if you wish.

One night I was sick, had really really bad bathroom issues, you KWIM. Ran to the loo, passed out, hit my head on the tub, came to on the floor in a real "mess" again, you KWIM. DH jumped out of bed, had heard me hit my head and asked me if he should call 911. I said,
"Oh H*)) no, please God, just let me die here before you ever let anyone see me like this! "
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 AM   #216
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Somehow I doubt the EMTs first exclamation would be 'OMG! He is so skinny!'

reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Ok Major!!
It was the T of CO! I *knew* that would work! Tonight I am saran wrapping the bed and then slathering myself down in it! I'm going for broke to drop the remaining 8.3 pounds to hit goal in the morning!!!

Who's with me????

[Mr. Buffy] Buffy, what the heck are you doing with that CO?!? Wait! Stop! OMG!!!
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #218
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Ok, after my new low on Tuesday, I have been up slightly the past 2 days. Then I remembered that the Dr. had changed one of my BP drugs, he had lowered the dose and that is the one that has the diuretic in it. So, that explains that and I was glad to know what it was. Since Red won't give me his "magic" scale, I will have to make do. My BF does seem to be very very slightly inching downward on my tanita scale though and I am not exercising so that is good news, or, that might be due to the fact that I am on less of a diuretic? All a science, all a science.

Oh, cut up my brisket last night and froze several sections of it, put one in the oven overnight on a very low temp and it is filling the house with lovely, fatty meat smells. In a minute I will go and carefully peel off the top layer of crispy fat so that the fat below it gets nice and crispy. I save all that and then chop it into the brisket so I have nice fatty meat when I am done.

Last edited by Buffy45; 10-04-2012 at 07:40 AM..
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #219
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
It was the T of CO! I *knew* that would work! Tonight I am saran wrapping the bed and then slathering myself down in it! I'm going for broke to drop the remaining 8.3 pounds to hit goal in the morning!!!

Who's with me????

[Mr. Buffy] Buffy, what the heck are you doing with that CO?!? Wait! Stop! OMG!!!
Well, my first thought is this: Just don't die in your sleep tonight, can you imagine someone finding you, dead in bed, lying soaked in coconut oil on a saran wrapped bed? Somehow, I don't think their first thought would be "oh, yes, he's dieting". Whatcha think?
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Well, Mr. Buffy has always had oily skin as opposed to my dry, dry skin. Maybe that is why he has always been so thin, except the last several years when his belly got big on him, his oil glands must have dried up in that area.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:38 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BABYSTEPS View Post
thanks alot I'm getting it now.This is kinda fun.
to our group Babysteps. It is kinda of fun getting this all figured out. Glad to have you here and hope we can help you out and anxious to hear more from you about your WOE and your journey!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
It was the T of CO! I *knew* that would work! Tonight I am saran wrapping the bed and then slathering myself down in it! I'm going for broke to drop the remaining 8.3 pounds to hit goal in the morning!!!

Who's with me????

[Mr. Buffy] Buffy, what the heck are you doing with that CO?!? Wait! Stop! OMG!!!
Ok, I am going to add a T of CO tonight and I will be one mad ole hen if the scale does not show a loss in the AM.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #223
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Well, my first thought is this: Just don't die in your sleep tonight, can you imagine someone finding you, dead in bed, lying soaked in coconut oil on a saran wrapped bed? Somehow, I don't think their first thought would be "oh, yes, he's dieting". Whatcha think?
lol

If it was an LCF EMT they'd be like 'OMG!!! He listened to that idiot reddarin!!!'
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #224
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Ok, after my new low on Tuesday, I have been up slightly the past 2 days.
We'll keep our fingers crossed. I hit that low, bumped up a little the next day then bumped up a little more the next day then dropped to a slightly lower new low today.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #225
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
lol

If it was an LCF EMT they'd be like 'OMG!!! He listened to that idiot reddarin!!!'
har har har, but, if you do decide to do that, get a woman, any woman, pay a neighbor woman to be in that bed with you, it will be much easier to explain, not that you would have to explain, I mean, being dead and all.

Ok, we are probably getting wayyyyy to silly this morning!!!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #226
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Hmmm.

I'm not real sure how I'd approach that conversation with a random female neighbor. 'Listen, if you see the ambulance here tonight, throw on your robe and run over here...'

[voice from living room] Honey who is at the door and what is he doing with that tub of coconut oil?

reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
The only thing that would make that worthwhile is if you were guaranteed that drop to 185, hmmmmm
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Oh dear, just entered my late breakfast/lunch and consumed 796 calories, yikes!!! I bought the Wright's bacon ends and pieces yesterday, saw a serving was 2 oz which is more than a serving of regular bacon and the protein was a couple of grams lower, so wow, I thought, this is great. Cooked it up and it was great, had some nice chunks of ham in it, very good, and my usual 2 fried eggs with a teaspoon of grass fed butter on each. Yummo. But when I saw the calorie count for my breakfast, I looked and the bacon ends and pieces were 300 calories. I am very full, so will probably be fine but doensn't give me much wiggle room for the day. I can have 3 1/2 oz of my brisket for dinner and then my chocolate concoction and root beer float for my snack, that is it for the day to stay right under 1500 calories.

But, on that bacon, it was 300 calories for the 2 oz and 280 of them were from fat
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #229
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,834
Gallery: zay
WOE: low cal/low carb
You two are a riot! Thanks for the entertainment.
zay is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #230
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Its caught my appeal because I love frozen smoothies and that does not clump...
I was thinking of making my own bullet proof coffee with butter and mct oil for my first meal next week.
I have the MCT oil and use it in coffee in the AM....1 TBSP and 2 TBSP of 40% HWC. Got the "recipe" from the bullet proof coffee and started it (but with cream and not butter...different recipe I guess). YUM is all I can say. No problems with gastric issues at all for me and I've got a pretty sensitive system.

When I bought the bottle, the nutrition man said "oh, are you doing the HCG diet?" I looked at him funny and said there was no way I would ever eat under 1200 calories a day intentionally. He said the HCG people buy it all the time.
shelley is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #231
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Congratulations Major for the new low!! Woo hoo

I gained again. I've been creeping back up up up, and doing "everything right", so it's still frustrating. I sure wish my ketone meter numbers would be higher than .9! The only rising numbers have been glucose and I'm usually 3-4% carbs (veggie/eggs) and that's it.

MCT oil stays liquid. Coconut oil has "MCT" oil in it, but other oils that allow it to solidify...MCT doesn't solidify so I like it.

I am enjoying the visual of Major Darin lathered in coconut oil, but the prize is the saran wrap! OMG that's too funny!
shelley is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:53 AM   #232
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
but the prize is the saran wrap! OMG that's too funny!
There are some logistics to work out. For example, how exactly do you prevent shooting off the other side of the wrapped bed upon entry while coated with oil? Will sitting on the potty during the night be fraught with sliding off danger? Is it worth installing non-skid doorknobs in an effort to address the inherent problem of opening a door with greasy hands?
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #233
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Congratulations Major for the new low!! Woo hoo

I gained again. I've been creeping back up up up, and doing "everything right", so it's still frustrating. I sure wish my ketone meter numbers would be higher than .9! The only rising numbers have been glucose and I'm usually 3-4% carbs (veggie/eggs) and that's it.

MCT oil stays liquid. Coconut oil has "MCT" oil in it, but other oils that allow it to solidify...MCT doesn't solidify so I like it.

I am enjoying the visual of Major Darin lathered in coconut oil, but the prize is the saran wrap! OMG that's too funny!
Thank you

Do you want me to PM you to tinker with what your situation is with this approach?
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Oh dear, just entered my late breakfast/lunch and consumed 796 calories, yikes!!! I bought the Wright's bacon ends and pieces yesterday, saw a serving was 2 oz which is more than a serving of regular bacon and the protein was a couple of grams lower, so wow, I thought, this is great. Cooked it up and it was great, had some nice chunks of ham in it, very good, and my usual 2 fried eggs with a teaspoon of grass fed butter on each. Yummo. But when I saw the calorie count for my breakfast, I looked and the bacon ends and pieces were 300 calories. I am very full, so will probably be fine but doensn't give me much wiggle room for the day. I can have 3 1/2 oz of my brisket for dinner and then my chocolate concoction and root beer float for my snack, that is it for the day to stay right under 1500 calories.

But, on that bacon, it was 300 calories for the 2 oz and 280 of them were from fat
When I do the bacon and eggs breakfast, after or with the 4T CO coffee, that is around 1,000 calories for the day right there.

Choose some almost zero stuff to fill out the rest of your menu. Lettuce is a really good choice. Broccoli too. I love me some broccoli but the fact is it is a great filler for the menu.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Must read. Find this latest article by Jimmy Moore. In it he explains why testing your blood glucose is important to NK. I had noticed that a lot of people were doing that and wondered why the non-diabetics were doing so, this explains it.
My 5 Low-Carb Mistakes And How Nutritional Ketosis Rescued Me From Them
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
You two are a riot! Thanks for the entertainment.
Well, as they say, somebody has to do it
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member
 
Deb34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 448
Gallery: Deb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Does anyone use mct oil?
I have, it's powerful stuff! I had to use a tsp at a time for quite a while or I had bathroom issues. It's great to give a shot of energy in the morning though. I learned the hard way not to take it in the late afternoon/evening. Was awake the entire night...and could feel the energy zinging through every cell in my body...
Deb34 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #238
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
There are some logistics to work out. For example, how exactly do you prevent shooting off the other side of the wrapped bed upon entry while coated with oil? Will sitting on the potty during the night be fraught with sliding off danger? Is it worth installing non-skid doorknobs in an effort to address the inherent problem of opening a door with greasy hands?
ABSOLUTELY, when I hit my head on the tub is from passing out while I was on the potty! Be careful, be very very careful........
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,992
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I do have some lettuce Red, but unlike you, I like dressing on it. But, I will add a few veggies to round it out. I really don't think I am going to get too hungry after that big breakfast.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,630
Gallery: adillenal
Well, I have learned something this morning reading this forum. The fractionated coconut oil I have that I use in my goat milk lotion is what is being sold as MCT oil since the lauric acid has been removed. it stays liquid. Not sure though if there is a cosmetic grade and a food grade. Will have to check that out before I start ingesting my FCO.
I need the energy if it works.
adillenal is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.