Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #1921
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to Everyone!

Jilly, always blame everything on the hurricane! Milk it for a while, it works! That said, my DD2 has constant episodes of this, and I have noted when her stress goes up, it happens. Sometimes I think she just has a lack of stomach acid and doesn't digest well.

Deborah, glad you are back and doing fine after Sandy!

Buffy, what a hoot! I am "cheap" and cannot waste food, and until last week refused to toss an egg white...but one day I put it in a cup for later...no clue what I would do with it...had yolks with bacon pieces with butter, then added sour cream. Wow!

Oceana, where do you get steak for that price? Help us out here!! Washington has cheap steak? Texas does at times, Buffy is right about Nolan Ryan beef, I get that since he doesn't add medications/antibiotics to his feed. I love grass fed, but the prices are ridiculous recently!

PC, don't eat when you aren't hungry, I just learned that "again" and will listen to myself next time. What do our experts say, add more Fat...it can nearly always go down.

Linda, don't give up. I go back and re-read sometimes....then ask the questions again! It takes a little while to find your "zone"...we all know the struggle.

HarmsWay, you have a sweetie too! Mine does LC, so he gets most of it now...and really loves the fatter soups and sauces. Have you tried the Homemade Mayo recipes yet....they are most excellent on ground up meats, and adding a bit of horseradish, if you like it makes the meat even better.

Smoky, back away from the Lipitor/Crestor! Ask for MD patience and time to do this with diet. I personally consider those meds to be lethal weapons. Google Al Sears MD and cholestrol meds. There are many others too, another favorite is William Douglass MD. I have more references if needed!! They were original Dr Atkins supporters, and are backed by science/clinical trials to not follow mainstream medicine. No sugar diets, and low carb, no grain can have a huge impact on what matters, Trig and HDL. I second Clueless' post. Ditto on Jilly's info on particle size, that is a key point.

Judy, you are funny! Confidence in the government!!! Clearing the tears from my eyes! Give a Mouse a Cookie is one of my favorite books I read to DDs....! And it is a good reminder to get it out and read it!

Red is soooo good at this stuff. Everything I have read, researched says women should not go below 1200 cal a day....men 1500. Love the meat article! Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #1922
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
You know, if you have a smart phone with 3G or 4G you can download the shows to your phone and listen to them on your phone or transfer them to your computer to listen.

Ha ha ha....loved this! I don't own a cell phone, let alone a smart phone! I only have a "dumb phone" on a land line in the house! I live in the boonies and am not into all this technology stuff. I'm lucky to do email and a few internet searches (finding LCF!)
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM   #1923
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I should have just written Calorie because that is in fact what Phinney meant when he said kCal.

There are 3 designations for energy contained in food:

kCalorie
Calorie (capitalized)
calorie (not capitalized)

A 'calorie' is a very small measure of energy.

A 'Calorie' and a 'kCalorie' are 1000 calories and food labels always mean 'Calorie' in this manner. Pretty much every non-scientist also means 'Calorie' any time they are referring to 'calories'.

=)
Thanks so much...that's as clear to my brain as mud!!!!

I guess a calorie is a Calorie is a Kcalorie? Is that what you mean? No difference? I'm sorry to be so "dense".
Old 10-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #1924
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post

Smoky, back away from the Lipitor/Crestor! Ask for MD patience and time to do this with diet. I personally consider those meds to be lethal weapons. Google Al Sears MD and cholestrol meds. There are many others too, another favorite is William Douglass MD. I have more references if needed!! They were original Dr Atkins supporters, and are backed by science/clinical trials to not follow mainstream medicine. No sugar diets, and low carb, no grain can have a huge impact on what matters, Trig and HDL. I second Clueless' post. Ditto on Jilly's info on particle size, that is a key point.
Ditto what everyone else has said. My total cholesterol is always over 250. Sometimes up to 325 or so. HDL is close to 100 (I exercise a lot and always have) and triglycerides this year after a year on Atkins induction went from 104 to 57! Yippeee. All docs try to put me on statins...have gone to so many cardiologists, done so many tests, EKG's, treadmill, and even one did a calcium score on me to see how much calcium had clogged my veins....my score was 0...that's right ZERO and that was with a total cholesterol of over 300. Statins don't do women any good....please don't take them.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #1925
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Ha ha ha....loved this! I don't own a cell phone, let alone a smart phone! I only have a "dumb phone" on a land line in the house! I live in the boonies and am not into all this technology stuff. I'm lucky to do email and a few internet searches (finding LCF!)
That is funny, dumb phone!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:03 PM   #1926
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Nolan Ryan beef on sale at Kroger, 30% off through next tuesday
Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #1927
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Nolan Ryan beef on sale at Kroger, 30% off through next tuesday
You guys have all the good stores and good meats!!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #1928
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
weight was 161.5 this am
That is back down to my low, which I haven't seen in 2 weeks.
down from 163.5 yesterday.

I also had 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil yesterday.
1 in the am and 1 in the pm.
Thanks to you guys for helping me get the ball rolling again.
Thanks reddarin for all your help.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:51 AM   #1929
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: UpErMei
Stats: 158/165/128
This thread is so long and I haven't read it all yet. I just came back to LC and LCF! Actually, I failed last night. I know from experience that you just have to get right back on and not hate yourself for it though...

I have a question. What are your VERY FAVORITE high fat foods or recipes? I need inspiration!

tia!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 AM   #1930
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: geogeo
WOE: NK
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Ditto what everyone else has said. My total cholesterol is always over 250. Sometimes up to 325 or so. HDL is close to 100 (I exercise a lot and always have) and triglycerides this year after a year on Atkins induction went from 104 to 57! Yippeee. All docs try to put me on statins...have gone to so many cardiologists, done so many tests, EKG's, treadmill, and even one did a calcium score on me to see how much calcium had clogged my veins....my score was 0...that's right ZERO and that was with a total cholesterol of over 300. Statins don't do women any good....please don't take them.
Just got my bloodwork results 3 weeks ago:

Total Cholesterol: 257
HDL: 147
Triglycerides: 43
LDL: 101
Ratio: 1.7

Darn evil saturated fats! NOT!

I got the results mailed to me and haven't been in for my physical, so I haven't heard the "you should be on statins" from my doctor.
I will never take them no matter what.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #1931
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
weight was 161.5 this am
That is back down to my low, which I haven't seen in 2 weeks.
down from 163.5 yesterday.

I also had 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil yesterday.
1 in the am and 1 in the pm.
Thanks to you guys for helping me get the ball rolling again.
Thanks reddarin for all your help.
Yay!!! Congrats!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #1932
Blabbermouth!!!

I am about to create the November 80/15/5 thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldomcontent View Post
This thread is so long and I haven't read it all yet. I just came back to LC and LCF! Actually, I failed last night. I know from experience that you just have to get right back on and not hate yourself for it though...

I have a question. What are your VERY FAVORITE high fat foods or recipes? I need inspiration!

tia!
Welcome!

Check out the new thread and here is a thread on stuff that NK people are eating:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...-low-carb.html

Last edited by reddarin; 11-01-2012 at 06:20 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #1933
Blabbermouth!!!

New thread is up!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...r-version.html

I'll be PMing the mods to lock this thread here in a minute so come join the other thread.

Closed Thread