Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 06:07 PM   #1831
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
I wanted to share this with someone.
I have a little watch that checks you heartrate and has a pedometer on it.
My pulse rate has always been 94, 95 or more when sitting.
Today and yesterday it has actually been in the 70s.
I know it is the LC woe. Isn't that something

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #1832
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Food Log

Log and numbers for today.

Calories: 2,497

Fat: 208
Pro: 135
Car: 25

74/23/4

Breakfast: CO & coffee with HWC.
Lunch: Bacon, eggs, jalapeno.
Dinner: Pork chops, jalapeno, lettuce, tomato, cheese.

Lots of protein today with them chops but they were tasty fried in bacon grease. I also picked up some reduced ribeye steaks so I'll be cooking that tomorrow and I expect it to be another high protein day. But I am gonna try to eat that for lunch instead of dinner.
Attached Images
File Type: png graph_10302012.png (20.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg log_10302012.jpg (40.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by reddarin; 10-30-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Old 10-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #1833
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
That's interesting, wonder if it from lower blood pressure?
Old 10-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #1834
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hello to all. Still holding those prayers and hopeful thoughts for you all in the East, moving to MidWest.

Red, love your post about the Army, that is so good. Think I will take it to work tomorrow.

Buffy, I never thought to add the butter to stewed chicken, that is brilliant! Trying as soon as I get to the store.

Aetinger and HarmsWay, we all have those times, I wasn't perfect over my very long weekend, but it will all even out.

PC, important, you do what you feel is right, don't worry about folks being mad at you! Healthcare can be so rewarding, but it can suck the life out of us too.

Jilly, what good fortune. Maybe you have a tummy virus. ??

Clueless, I recommend having breakfast if you drink it or eat it. gets the metabolism going first thing. How much red wine? I find if I consume 4-5 oz (one glass) it doesn't seem to cause issues; but any more than that will bounce the scale. The others said it best, we are all different, and lose/gain differently. It takes a while for some of us to hit that magic place of "not being hungry or craving carbs"...took me a week or two. I may overeat protein, cheese, or nuts, but I do not have a desire for sweets, or anything that prior was a trigger for me. It's amazing. My heart rate increases after any coconut product consumption! Took a while to get used to.

Oceana (neat name), that picture and recipe sound wonderful, will be making this weekend. Did it get sticky? I love sticky, chewy!

Deb, "old timers"???? I swear I am 51! Lard is all we have ever used on cast iron. It's okay to eat too!

Welcome Linda! Glad you found us!

WTG Smoky!

Shelly, X-Files was the best! Bewitched too!

Someone asked about potassium, and I forgot to post yesterday.....bottom line, it really doesn't matter the type. Potassium is needed in significant quantities, it might just be best to use potassium gluconate. But,there is a reason that potassium tabs come in dosages no higher than 99mg. But if you know what you're doing and that your kidney's are healthy, supplementation at physiologically appropriate doses is not harmful. Add up what you are consuming, then supplement if needed. I would recommend consulting a MD if you are taking other medications. Other than that, it doesn't matter which form you use. With potassium, there is no reason to go pricey. I use gluconate. There are many forms of potassium supplements and dozens of brands. Either form (citrate or gluconate) is recommended and acceptable. You may wish to alternate between them.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #1835
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I had to skip a couple of page. You guys are so chatty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Yesterday I put a large soup pot on with chicken breast, wings and legs, filled with water, lots of salt and pepper and 1/2 lb of butter. Simmered until bedtime, then put i fridge. This morning, heated it up again, strained the broth and picked all the meat off the bones. Got 25 oz of meat, parcelled into 4 oz bags. And, lot of broth which I put into smaller containers in the freezer. The broth is soo good, I never like commercial ones as well. Lots of salt in it, so will be good for my leg cramps. Drinking a big mug right now that didn't fit in the containers
I've been making soup lately but I should just do this. Some broth sounds very yummy right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Hi. My name is Cathy and I'm a foodaholic.

My binge eating has been a little off the deep end and I have gained back 15 of the 30 lbs. I lost this summer. I just could not get back on track after Hurricane Isaac but I am realizing that I have not met any of my goals for the last two months.

Today is Day 1. I will be coming here more often to stay on track again.
Welcome, Cathy! I have been there, too, a bunch of times. And I'm kinda new to HFLC, probably about three weeks. It's feeling great so far and I hope you experience the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeatinger View Post
Lost it this weekend- had a reunion with friends out of town and ate and drank. So today I'm back on the wagon. Got up and did a boot camp. Here's my menu today

B- 2.5 oz sausage, 1 egg, egg yolk, HWC
L- 2 oz chicken, 2 tbl mayo, 1/2 avocado
D- stuffed jalapeno, small piece of ribeye
S- mixed nuts
Get back on track right away is such a valuable skill!

Quote:
My pulse is always through the roof, too, like in the 90s, I believe. I normally try to not think about it. It's been that way since I was in my early 20s and normal weighted. I'm curious to see what will happen doing LC...

JillyBean, I hope you're feeling better!

So, today I found a miracle food! You all probably already know about it, but it's egg creams! I don't understand the magic, but it's awesome! Today I made one from:

-- 2/3 c coconut milk
-- 1/4 HWC
-- FIVE eggs
-- vanilla
-- ezSweets
-- dash of salt

I didn't figure out all the nutritional info, but it should have been in the neighborhood of 35 g protein and between 550 and 600 cals I think (I'm not counting calories, but it gives me some idea of something to think of them at times like this, iykwim). And I felt full all day. And did I mention it was super yummy???

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #1836
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
heh

I wondered what the tag line Oceana was. I thought it was either an ode to 1984 or to that artist that I cannot for the life of me find now that I'v spent an hour hunting for her. Maybe the song wasn't Oceana? She wore a wet suit with bells on it for the video. Short and from Europe somewhere. Now I'll go nuts trying to remember who that was.
Haha I have no idea what song that is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
And the $50 Bajillion dollar question is ......... Have you ever met another person named Oceana??? What an unusual and pretty name! Were you named after a relative?

I don't met Darins very often and almost never a Darin that spells his name correctly

I was named after that guy on Bewitched believe it or not.

I haven't met another Oceana yet, but I have heard there's others
My mother just came up with the name. Pronounced more like oshonna?

I LOVED Bewitched! I have met a couple Darins, but you're right they don't spell it correct.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:55 AM   #1837
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Wow, everyone here is so nice. Thanks for all your ideas.

I love the name Oceana. Thanks for the pronunciation.

Buffy I don't know if it is my blood pressure of not. When I lost all that weight yrs ago my thyroid went wacky and I had thyroid storms. Since then my pulse has been way high. Even after I got it under control dieting would set it off sometimes. Of course the dieting was always low fat. Now with this high fat diet I seem to really be doing well. My goiter hasn't swolen and no heart palpatations. Just feeling really good and calm. The calmness is awesome.

rubidoux thanks for the egg creams recipe. Sounds good.

I loved bewitched too but I was an xfiles junky.

Wow I am excited about 2100 calories
Old 10-31-2012, 03:07 AM   #1838
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Wow I am excited about 2100 calories

You might see a bump on the scale for several days until your body knows that you are eating a little more on purpose. Don't worry too much about that.

On the other hand, you may see immediate results. I did when I bumped my cals up about 500 per day from 1500ish to 2000ish.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 AM   #1839
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in 10312012

Weigh-in this morning ... ... ... 192.1

A bump but I only slept about 4 hours last night. Woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up around 3am. If I'd have slept 8 hours I am sure I'd have seen another loss because yesterday was 190.9 and I know that 4 more hours of sleep would have gotten me that 1.3+ pounds.

Not sure how today will shake out for calories. I have that steak to cook up and I plan on eating most of it as breakfast/brunch. I'll probably save part of it for an early dinner. Gonna try to go higher on fat in the afternoon.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:52 AM   #1840
Big Yapper!!!!

I woke up super early today as well, but haven't weighed yet. Keep thinking I might get sleepy and go back to bed for a while. Strange, the past 2 nights I slept like a log, went right to sleep and slept like 9 hours, last night, I had trouble getting to sleep and woke up after about 4 hours.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:57 AM   #1841
Blabbermouth!!!

Probably you were worried about how my steaks were gonna cook up today since I am cooking them inside.

Worry not! Alton Brown did an episode on how to cook a steak using cast iron and the oven and it makes an awesomely good steak! And I salt my steaks to maximize tenderness.

Rest easy
Old 10-31-2012, 04:02 AM   #1842
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey, I have used Alton Brown's method on cooking steak using the cast iron and it turned out very good. Just easier to have DH throw them on the grill though. Enjoy your steak today. As I was laying in bed, wide awake, I was thinking about what protein I was going to choose today , haven't had beef for a while, really been enjoying chicken and fish.

If you watch the ads, once in a rare while, Kroger will have Nolan Ryan beef on sale and when they do, I stock up on the rib eyes, they are really good. I seal them up using my seal a meal thingy and they stay really nice in the freezer.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:05 AM   #1843
Blabbermouth!!!

Keep an eye on the Albertson's ads. Over the summer they had some pretty amazing prices on T-Bone and Ribeye choice steaks. Like $5.88/lb!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 04:13 AM   #1844
Big Yapper!!!!

Albertson's do have some good prices, they are the farthest from me but on items, other than meat, I take their ad to Walmart and they match it. I haven't purchased meat at Albertson's, I usually go for the Angus at Tom Thumb or this Nolan Ryan. But, I do like choice, I won't buy select cuts, too tough. Sooo funny how short my grocery list is these days.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:30 AM   #1845
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
But, I do like choice, I won't buy select cuts, too tough.
!!!

Google '163-how-to-turn-cheap-choice-steaks-into-gucci-prime-steaks' for a very interesting article by a lady named Jaden!

I had sworn off buying WM select meats because they were hardly edible. But after I read that process of salting for tenderizing I started buying them again. They still aren't as tender as choice cuts but they are very good when prepared this way.

I get a lot of joy out of buying the cheapy select at WM that has been marked down for quick sale.

I do the salt thing to every steak I get now regardless of the grade.

=)
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 AM   #1846
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow. I forgot what a potty mouth that young lady has in her article.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:45 AM   #1847
Big Yapper!!!!

Wow, at my old age, I had never heard about that method. I guess, growing up around farming, we had our own beef for years, and it was good beef, then learning to buy good choice steaks, when on sale, I didn't search out something like this. Sounds like a great method and she is quite funny! Thanks Red
Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 AM   #1848
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh I only discovered it within the past year myself Buffy. But I ate a lot of very tender cheap steak over the summer months lol.

It does impart a distinct salt flavor I think but I use a lot of salt to tenderize with.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:38 AM   #1849
Big Yapper!!!!

That won't bother me so much now, I am eating my foods much saltier than in the past.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 AM   #1850
Big Yapper!!!!

I saw a new low this morning, and, I got up extra early for me. 194.4!!! I am very excited, just when I was getting a little discouraged at how slow I was losing, this was a very nice boost.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #1851
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I saw a new low this morning, and, I got up extra early for me. 194.4!!! I am very excited, just when I was getting a little discouraged at how slow I was losing, this was a very nice boost.
Awesome!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:52 AM   #1852
Big Yapper!!!!

Another lb and I can join the 15 lb club!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:02 AM   #1853
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Morning to All. Checking in between "stuff" this morning, the day looks busy!

Jayne, egg creams from my childhood! What a great reminder.

Hey Red, I was up at 3am too. wonder if it's the full moon? You will be back down soon, don't lose sight of the "light at the end of the tunnel". I love steaks in cast iron (seasoned in LARD!!)....it really seals in the juices! Faster than grilling too.

Buffy, you too up early? Congrats on the new low!!! OK, someone tell me, how do you post the smiley faces????

This came to me from a friend this morning, very good to "think on": Vitamin O

Vitamin O = Optimistic individuals have lower levels of inflammation and blood vessel dysfunction that lead to heart disease.
A healthy lifestyle is associated with longer telomeres as shown in a study of nearly 6,000 nurses. These five measures define a healthy lifestyle:

1.Not smoking
2.Maintaining a healthy body weight
3.Engaging regularly in moderate or vigorous activities
4.Drinking no more than moderate amounts of alcohol (less than 2 drinks daily)
5.Eating a healthy diet

Researchers studying individuals who have reached 100 years of age noted that they share common traits, such as being optimistic, easygoing, and open to laughter as well as conscientious and comfortable expressing emotions. All are typical of those who live to see the century mark.

Vitamin O (or optimism) plays an important role in aging. For some people, optimism seems to come naturally. These are the individuals who always see the glass as half full. At the other end of the spectrum, we have people who can find fault with just about anything. The optimist looks outside and sees a beautiful day, while the pessimist complains that the sunshine is too bright or the birds are chirping too loudly.

Not surprisingly, optimists and pessimists react very differently to health issues. Optimists tend to follow doctors' orders. They believe they can get better, and they are proactive in fixing things.

Pessimists, on the other hand, are more likely to give up. They feel doomed, so what's the point of taking medicine or doing what the doctor recommended? Pessimists tend to dwell on their failures and blame themselves when things go wrong, even if the situation was out of their hands.

Have a great day! SG
Old 10-31-2012, 06:33 AM   #1854
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
OK, someone tell me, how do you post the smiley faces????
Some of them are the plain old emoticons like colon parentheses, colon oh, semi-colon parentheses, etc.

Others are keywords separated by colons like colonKeyWordcolon : hiya :

You can also click the icons shown in the list to the right of the new post box. At the bottom is 'more' which opens a window with all available emoticons. When you click them they are inserted where ever your cursor is located. But you can click several if you know what ones you want and then relocate them as you write your post with simple copy/paste type stuff.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:35 AM   #1855
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Dropping off for a while so I can try to sort out these tummy troubles that are STILL continuing this morning. I'm now on Day 3 of rumble guts and unpleasant bathroom visits. I'm not eating any differently than I had been, my cold symptoms are pretty much gone, I'm still taking all my probiotics...not sure what this is all about. Imodium has not helped. I am doing just protein shakes and chicken broth today to see if that helps settle things at all, maybe sort of "reset" whatever's going on in there. My new insurance kicks in tomorrow (since I started my new job October 1), so at least I'll be able to seek treatment if need be. I'm sure I can somehow blame this on Sandy...
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 10-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #1856
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Dropping off for a while so I can try to sort out these tummy troubles that are STILL continuing this morning.
I hope you feel better very soon. I'm doing just the opposite; I'm dropping back in after being kind of quiet recently. Hi (again) everyone!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:47 AM   #1857
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Dropping off for a while so I can try to sort out these tummy troubles that are STILL continuing this morning. I'm now on Day 3 of rumble guts and unpleasant bathroom visits. I'm not eating any differently than I had been, my cold symptoms are pretty much gone, I'm still taking all my probiotics...not sure what this is all about. Imodium has not helped. I am doing just protein shakes and chicken broth today to see if that helps settle things at all, maybe sort of "reset" whatever's going on in there. My new insurance kicks in tomorrow (since I started my new job October 1), so at least I'll be able to seek treatment if need be. I'm sure I can somehow blame this on Sandy...
3 days is a problem. Make an appointment and head off the problem at the pass! Run by BestBuy on the way to the doc and pick up a laptop so you can keep up with us in all parts of the house
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #1858
Blabbermouth!!!

Hiya Deborah! I wondered where you'd gotten off to lately
Old 10-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #1859
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Sorry you aren't feeling well, that is tough with Mr. Baby in the house, I remember those days well. WE are always here for you, check in when you can.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #1860
Big Yapper!!!!

Toss those egg whites!

You know, I really love the yolk of an egg far more than the white. I fry my eggs, then eat off the white so I can savor that yolk. Well, got my eggs cheap so today I just tossed one of the egg whites, add the 2nd yolk to the first egg and fried that together. Much better. DH says I am spoiled? I say I am smart!! Many people say I am a smart A$$??? Who is right here and is it legal Red to toss egg whites?
Closed Thread