Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #1771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
You are right Red!!if I things don't change soon I will not stay, too much stress for me!!
My weight still 168.6 this morning been there a week now I no it's due to stress!!working on that.plus I've not been going to gym...

Can't wait till my new co gets here,

Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2012, 08:25 AM   #1772
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Oh my gosh...that is too funny!!!! Alizgurl....hop in!!!! We can sing all the way to Buffy's!
My iPad won't let me view the video :/ Apple is not my favorite, I've grown up using windows... but knowing Red, I'm sure it's hilarious!! Haha
Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #1773
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Don't let that guy take advantage of you PC. *His* problems are not the same as your problems. He needs to keep employees and that is his number one issue. You, on the other hand, need to quit getting messed around by their crappy management. Give him a chance if you like but don't let him guilt trip you into staying on when they aren't willing to fix the real problems in the first place. There are too many places that actually value good employees like you.

Agree!
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #1774
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning. My scale showed me 195.8 this morning, then jumped back to 196 before it stopped. Ahhh, ok, I'll take it, shows me that 195's are coming.

Wow, I feel sooo bad for all the people on the coast, what a terrible terrible storm. And so many people without power, what a hardship.

Will have tilapia sometime today, thawed it out for last night, then left, so it needs to be cooked today. Haven't found a fish market yet to try to find wild versus farm raised fish. I have a couple in mind though.

Had 2 boxes on my stoop when I got home, one was a big bag of almond meal from Honeyville and the other a huge bag of Swerve, I do really like that as a sweetner but wish it were more reasonable to buy. This should last a long long time though and when I asked, they did give me 10% off.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #1775
Big Yapper!!!!

Red, make up some fat bombs to snack on, you seriously can't eat too many of those.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #1776
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Yeah, I did think about fat bombs early on but I was contemplating some chicken and cheese too. In the end I just rode out the cravings. But it was very frustrating to experience them after not having them for a long, long time. That right there is what I was talking about with my vanity eating schedule of not eating after 5pm-ish because of my self-satisfied smugness about not having the urge to binge in the evenings like when I was eating high carbs and stringing together impossibly long sentences that are hard to read.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #1777
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm on the second coat of oil on the deep cast iron 10" skillet. For sure it will be ready for frying chicken tomorrow when the chicken is finally thawed out.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #1778
Blabbermouth!!!

It is a real pleasure to have the eggs slide around in the first skillet again this morning heh
Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 AM   #1779
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmsWay View Post
Good morning all! Hope everyone on the east coast is doing well.....I was glued to the Weather Channel on TV for most of the night.

Well, I said that I wasn't gonna get on the scale until next week cuz I *knew* that I was up due to my debauchery on vacation.....I broke down and jumped on the dang thing this morning anyway. Not as bad as I thought....up three lbs. Puts me back at 206.8. I hope to back down to 203ish by next Monday (so much for my plans of being in onederland by halloweenie OOOOPPPPSSS my bad).

Today's menu

bacon & cottage cheese for bf
chicken/bacon salad for lunch OR sausage/kale soup
dinner - It's wing night with the kids, so 10 wings w/blue cheese & hot sauce

coffee with CO and water to drink, prob a diet pepsi this evening

Party on Garth!!!
My scale beckons me in a secret voice that sounds a lot like the other voices I hear occasionally

Back on track is the important thing
Old 10-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #1780
Big Yapper!!!!

Fried chicken? Do you batter it in anything or just fry in yummy fat? Where is that truck when we need it?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #1781
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
My scale beckons me in a secret voice that sounds a lot like the other voices I hear occasionally

It's the insane laughing that I hear from my scale at times, that really un-nerves me???
Old 10-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #1782
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
I know that weight loss is NOT a linear function HOWEVER, do think that it is possible to healthfully lose 75 lbs in 6 months?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #1783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Weigh-in this morning ... ... ... 190.9

I tell you what, I am glad I didn't really have any food to cheat with around last night. And I mean even LC friendly ones. I had serious cravings to eat something, anything and a lot of it. I haven't had that sort of craving in a long time. Thank goodness I didn't have any almonds laying around. I wasn't hungry - no feelings of an empty stomach. That sucked. The awful thing too was that I'd have just as soon eaten a full bag of Spicier Nacho Doritos as a bag of almonds.

I have to run by the store today. Gonna eat a lot before I go. I may not go at all if I think I can't stay off the chip aisle. But I really need to go and get some soft doggie food for the old girl that lost most of her teeth a couple of weeks ago.

I learned a pretty simple principle in the Army. Opportunity makes a thief. If you don't want to screw up don't put yourself in a position where you can screw up.
Good Morning!!!! Glad you stayed on track and didn't do any "damage" after all the good things you are doing for your body/life! Love your Army principal....very good timing for me!!! Thanks. Hang in there. Give your furry one some extra scratches behind her ears for me!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #1784
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I think 8-10 lbs a month is good to count on,that's being very faithful
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 AM   #1785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmsWay View Post
I know that weight loss is NOT a linear function HOWEVER, do think that it is possible to healthfully lose 75 lbs in 6 months?
I lost 90 pounds in 7-8 months a couple of years ago and felt fabulous, physically and mentally! The weight loss seemed so 'easy' though, that I got cocky and allowed myself to splurge with special events, eating out while traveling, etc, and gained 40 back over the course of the past couple of years, not feeling nearly as healthy during that time. A couple of months back into the weight loss and feeling much better.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #1786
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
My weightloss is just not going too well. I need some help.
I lost well at first but no loss anymore.
I haven't cheated and gone over 20 carbs.
I do like to have a few glasses of red wine on the weekends.
I feel great, the best I have in years but weight loss is just not easy. I loset down to 140 about 10 yrs ago but I battle between 170 and 150 back and forth.
I have been trying to skip breakfast because seems like I want to eat too much.
But I am not my happy go luck self when I skip breakfast. I have a daycare and don't wanna be grumpy cause the kiddies love me all smiles.

HELP?? Please
Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #1787
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Don't let that guy take advantage of you PC. *His* problems are not the same as your problems. He needs to keep employees and that is his number one issue. You, on the other hand, need to quit getting messed around by their crappy management. Give him a chance if you like but don't let him guilt trip you into staying on when they aren't willing to fix the real problems in the first place. There are too many places that actually value good employees like you.

YES YES YES!!!!! PC...listen to Major Red on this one. You are so loving and responsible and they don't want to lose you, but you should not be doing "their job" of trying to make it all work and help them make it work. Protect yourself and do what is best for you!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #1788
Blabbermouth!!!

Uh oh! My DSL dropped out about an hour ago. Dunno what is wrong. I tethered through my android phone just to post a quick message to let ya'll know I may be off line for a bit till AT&T gets it fixed.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #1789
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
My iPad won't let me view the video :/ Apple is not my favorite, I've grown up using windows... but knowing Red, I'm sure it's hilarious!! Haha
ha ha...I didn't view the video because I have dial up and I'm sure it would take forever to load, but know the song well and so assumed that's what it was all about. I also have a iMac and sometimes isn't compatible with windows stuff. Google the song if you don't know it. Love that song!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #1790
Senior LCF Member

I made chocolatey nutty granola last night while I was making BAD sugary treats for the office.
I used mostly almonds with some pecans, and hazel nuts, (will chop nuts better next time) lots of butter and CO, cinnamon, almond and vanilla extract, and some splenda
baked at 305 for about 20 min, stirring every 5 or so minutes.

WOW IT IS DELICIOUS!!! and FULL of fat!
I had a 1/4 cup this morning with cream and I could barely finish it. Should keep me full for hours!
I've been craving granola for days now and this was perfect!!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #1791
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
I feel great, the best I have in years but weight loss is just not easy. I loset down to 140 about 10 yrs ago but I battle between 170 and 150 back and forth.
But I am not my happy go luck self when I skip breakfast. I have a daycare and don't wanna be grumpy cause the kiddies love me all smiles.

HELP?? Please
Hi...sorry you are joining our very small group of those that love this way of eating, but it's not giving us the results that others are seeing.

My only comment is that wine is like drinking sugar.....it will convert to glucose and that could be enough to stall you. My nutritionist told me that this way of eating was very unforgiving, and that if you even had a "taste" of something that was a "no no", that it could take days, weeks or months to get back to where you were. She said other "diets" are forgiving, but not NK eating. For some, it's not a problem to go off plan and then take 5-10 days to get back into ketosis. For others (apparently you and definitely me) it's a very strict plan with no deviations. You might try not having any wine for a week or two and see if that is what is triggering your problem.

Also, I did IF for quite some time and had to really work at not eating before 1 PM> Now I just eat breakfast and find that I don't really want/need lunch and then snack around 2 PM and then have dinner. It seems to work better for me to stay in control and be happy!!!! I like being happy!!!!

Good luck...it's really trial and error, but you are not alone!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #1792
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:

I made chocolatey nutty granola last night while I was making BAD sugary treats for the office.
I used mostly almonds with some pecans, and hazel nuts, (will chop nuts better next time) lots of butter and CO, cinnamon, almond and vanilla extract, and some splenda
baked at 305 for about 20 min, stirring every 5 or so minutes.

WOW IT IS DELICIOUS!!! and FULL of fat!
I had a 1/4 cup this morning with cream and I could barely finish it. Should keep me full for hours!
I've been craving granola for days now and this was perfect!!!!!
OK, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW AROUND HERE TO POST A PICTURE AS BEAUTIFUL AS THAT AND NO RECIPE. I KNOW YOU POSTED WHAT WAS IN IT, BUT DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE. IF SO, I WANT IT.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #1793
Big Yapper!!!!

For those of you talking about rate of loss, it is totally a YMMV type of thing. Some lose quickly, fairly easily, some struggle to lose at all, I lose very slowly. No one size fits all thing here. But, I can pretty much guarantee you will improve your health, be well fed and enjoy the food on this WOE.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 AM   #1794
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

HELP?? Please
Sorry for your frustations Clueless!
I would say don't skip breakfast. Maybe even make it your biggest meal of the day. Have you been eating any coconut oil? When I first started LCHF If I forgot to put it in my coffee in the morning I'd find myself feeling hungry.
After following low carb high fat strickly for a coulple weeks, I had to force myself to eat and I'm still not wanting to eat that much...
I'm sure others will have better advice but CO has worked wonders for me
Good luck friend
Old 10-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #1795
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Hi...sorry you are joining our very small group of those that love this way of eating, but it's not giving us the results that others are seeing.

My only comment is that wine is like drinking sugar.....it will convert to glucose and that could be enough to stall you. My nutritionist told me that this way of eating was very unforgiving, and that if you even had a "taste" of something that was a "no no", that it could take days, weeks or months to get back to where you were. She said other "diets" are forgiving, but not NK eating. For some, it's not a problem to go off plan and then take 5-10 days to get back into ketosis. For others (apparently you and definitely me) it's a very strict plan with no deviations. You might try not having any wine for a week or two and see if that is what is triggering your problem.

Also, I did IF for quite some time and had to really work at not eating before 1 PM> Now I just eat breakfast and find that I don't really want/need lunch and then snack around 2 PM and then have dinner. It seems to work better for me to stay in control and be happy!!!! I like being happy!!!!

Good luck...it's really trial and error, but you are not alone!!!!

Thank you so much Shelly.
I do love this WOE and feel good.
I have done alot of fasting in the past but not really IF. I think I have broken my metabolism or my thyroid broke it.
I can hold off eating but once I eat I wanna eat more. Being at home and feeding kids all day doesn't help even though I do not eat the kinds of food I have to serve them.
Makes me feel better knowing I am not alone.
I will lay off the wine, I knew it was a bad idea.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #1796
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry for your frustations Clueless!
I would say don't skip breakfast. Maybe even make it your biggest meal of the day. Have you been eating any coconut oil? When I first started LCHF If I forgot to put it in my coffee in the morning I'd find myself feeling hungry.
After following low carb high fat strickly for a coulple weeks, I had to force myself to eat and I'm still not wanting to eat that much...
I'm sure others will have better advice but CO has worked wonders for me
Good luck friend
yes I love CO. I put it in my coffee but not everyday. I usually use about a teaspoon full. How much do you use?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #1797
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
OK, IT IS AGAINST THE LAW AROUND HERE TO POST A PICTURE AS BEAUTIFUL AS THAT AND NO RECIPE. I KNOW YOU POSTED WHAT WAS IN IT, BUT DO YOU HAVE A RECIPE. IF SO, I WANT IT.
I just kinda threw everything together but next time I make it I will follow this...

1 1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw pecans (they make everything stick together well)
1/4 cup raw hazel nuts
1/2 stick of butter or more
1/4-1/3 cup coconut oil
1TBS choc. powder
pinch sea salt
a good sprinkle of cinnamon
teaspoon of vanilla extract and a couple drops of almond. I would rather use hazel nut extract but was out.
any type of sweetner would work I used equivalent to 6 packets splenda and it's pretty sweet

Preheat oven to 300-310 bake 15-22 min
Chop nuts well, melt butter with CO add choc, sweetner, extracts, and salt. mix and pour half over chopped nuts. spread out on baking sheet and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Bake for about 10 min stirring around at 5 min.
then pour the rest of liquid over and finish baking while stirring every few min.
I sprinkled 2 packets of sweetner after baking and kept stirring around till it was completly cooled and the liquid stops running. I would taste before removing from oven.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #1798
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
yes I love CO. I put it in my coffee but not everyday. I usually use about a teaspoon full. How much do you use?
I put a tablespoon in mine yum
I think most of us go for about a TBS
Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #1799
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I just kinda threw everything together but next time I make it I will follow this...

1 1/4 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw pecans (they make everything stick together well)
1/4 cup raw hazel nuts
1/2 stick of butter or more
1/4-1/3 cup coconut oil
1TBS choc. powder
pinch sea salt
a good sprinkle of cinnamon
teaspoon of vanilla extract and a couple drops of almond. I would rather use hazel nut extract but was out.
any type of sweetner would work I used equivalent to 6 packets splenda and it's pretty sweet

Preheat oven to 300-310 bake 15-22 min
Chop nuts well, melt butter with CO add choc, sweetner, extracts, and salt. mix and pour half over chopped nuts. spread out on baking sheet and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Bake for about 10 min stirring around at 5 min.
then pour the rest of liquid over and finish baking while stirring every few min.
I sprinkled 2 packets of sweetner after baking and kept stirring around till it was completly cooled and the liquid stops running. I would taste before removing from oven.
Do you think it is important to start with the raw nuts? I only have roasted? but, going to sprouts soon, so can get the raw nuts.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #1800
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Do you think it is important to start with the raw nuts? I only have roasted? but, going to sprouts soon, so can get the raw nuts.
I would guess so because they're being roasted so the already roasted ones might end up tasting burnt? i'm not sure tho

I just got them from the bulk section so I wouldn't have to overpay.
Closed Thread