Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #1741
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
I am so impressed with your computer knowledge!!!!! I printed off "your" instructions on the cast iron protocols and ordered some flaxseed oil with my nutritional order (potassium, sublingual B12 and whey protein for DH). Can't wait to try this as I have missed using this pan...everything has "stuck"!

Are you getting Windows 8? Seems to be all over the TV commercials here!
heh I'd be impressed if I could get this laser printer working under Linux. It was a snap under Win7 of course. That is pretty annoying since I'd have to boot to windows to use it. But I might install a virtual machine windows and run it from Linux. It just takes up a lot of room on the computer to do that and I don't have a lot of reasons to do it either - just the printer. I'll probably do the virtual machine thing. I've never done that before and I am curious to see how it works.

It is very unlikely that I'll buy Win8. If I have to I will but right now I don't see any reason to do it. That is purely a financial reason though. If I had the cash to spare I'd buy the upgrade. But it'd be far, far down on my 'spare cash' list. Like fixing my desktop, a few things to be done on the truck, some winterization stuff around the house, going to the dentist, etc...

Be sure you read over Sheryl's 3 articles too for the complete picture. She writes well so it is easy reading too.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #1742
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That sounds absolutely delicious!!!! I'll be right over!!!!
We'll carpool!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #1743
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Hi. My name is Cathy and I'm a foodaholic.

My binge eating has been a little off the deep end and I have gained back 15 of the 30 lbs. I lost this summer. I just could not get back on track after Hurricane Isaac but I am realizing that I have not met any of my goals for the last two months.

Today is Day 1. I will be coming here more often to stay on track again.
Hi Cathy Welcome to the thread! And good job on deciding to restart!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #1744
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
We'll carpool!

I'll pick you up on my way!!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:57 PM   #1745
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
heh I'd be impressed if I could get this laser printer working under Linux. It was a snap under Win7 of course. That is pretty annoying since I'd have to boot to windows to use it. But I might install a virtual machine windows and run it from Linux. It just takes up a lot of room on the computer to do that and I don't have a lot of reasons to do it either - just the printer. I'll probably do the virtual machine thing. I've never done that before and I am curious to see how it works.

It is very unlikely that I'll buy Win8. If I have to I will but right now I don't see any reason to do it. That is purely a financial reason though. If I had the cash to spare I'd buy the upgrade. But it'd be far, far down on my 'spare cash' list. Like fixing my desktop, a few things to be done on the truck, some winterization stuff around the house, going to the dentist, etc...

Be sure you read over Sheryl's 3 articles too for the complete picture. She writes well so it is easy reading too.

Oh Lordy...you lost me at virtual!!!! Glad it's you and not me.

Thanks for the reading of Sheryl's 3 articles to get the complete picture. I wouldn't have done that without you telling me to!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #1746
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchimento View Post
Hi. My name is Cathy and I'm a foodaholic.

My binge eating has been a little off the deep end and I have gained back 15 of the 30 lbs. I lost this summer. I just could not get back on track after Hurricane Isaac but I am realizing that I have not met any of my goals for the last two months.

Today is Day 1. I will be coming here more often to stay on track again.
Cathy. It's easy to stay on track with the great support from this group, and this way of eating is really "easy" compared to other ways of eating. Love our fats!!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #1747
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
I'll pick you up on my way!!!!!
Room for me??
Old 10-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #1748
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
Room for me??

Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 PM   #1749
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh my gosh...that is too funny!!!! Alizgurl....hop in!!!! We can sing all the way to Buffy's!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #1750
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Wind and rain are getting very loud out there...power still on, but it has dimmed a few times. I expect it will go out sometime tonight.

I worked from home today, and my husband's office closed completely, so we've all been hanging out together all day. Normally, we'd go out at least for lunch, but I didn't want to go anywhere in this weather, so I made cheddar bacon burgers (no buns) for lunch and just finished some chicken apple sausage and green beans for dinner. Dinner was definitely leaner than I would have liked, but it is what it is at this point. I'm successfully staying low in carbs, which is my top priority.

I don't ever cook with cast iron because I won't buy anything I can't just toss in the dishwasher :P

I'm not going to bother with Windows 8 for my computer because, from what I've read and seen, it seems pretty optimized for tablets, not much additional benefit for PCs.

Alright, just had a major power flicker - thought we were done for with that one! Better make sure I have everything out in one place easy to find (I know my spare batteries for flashlights are still in the junk drawer). Be safe, everyone on the east coast!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #1751
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
The wind is crazy!!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #1752
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaP View Post
The wind is crazy!!
lol
Old 10-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #1753
Blabbermouth!!!

Food Log

Log and numbers.

Calories: 2,213

Fat: 189
Pro: 111
Car: 22

75/21/4

Breakfast: CO & coffee with some HWC today.
Lunch: Whole lotta bacon, eggs, one danged hot jalapeno.
Dinner: Lettuce, chicken, cheese, tomato (salt vehicle).
End of Day: T of CO.

Holy smoke that jalapeno was hot! But I didn't core it like I should have cause I was too lazy to dirty up and then have to wash the corer thingie lol.

I just checked the calendar and it has been 11 whole days since I quit smoking. It sure does feel like a lot longer than that but I am still having some seriously strong cravings occasionally. Thank goodness for straws heh.

My BP is still high on occasion. I really thought it would have dropped down and stayed down but I am afraid I am broken dang it. I'll keep an eye on it. I just got a new zombie book to read and review (Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End) so you won't be finding me near any hospitals for a while.
Attached Images
File Type: png graph_10292012.png (20.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg log_10292012.jpg (33.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #1754
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Wind and rain are getting very loud out there...power still on, but it has dimmed a few times. I expect it will go out sometime tonight.
Ya'll stay safe! And, just on the by and by, there was that episode of the X Files where that terrible storm brought the awful alien type lifeform up from the depths so stay away from the ocean if that applies to your situation. And hospitals for reasons already covered.

Quote:
I don't ever cook with cast iron because I won't buy anything I can't just toss in the dishwasher :P
Cast iron is the ultimate in lazy cookware! No clean up to speak of not even having to mess with loading it in the dishwasher and unloading it later! Hooray!

Quote:
I'm not going to bother with Windows 8 for my computer because, from what I've read and seen, it seems pretty optimized for tablets, not much additional benefit for PCs.
That is true it does seem to be more of a response to Android ICS than an upgrade to Win7.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #1755
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: aeatinger
Hilarious!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaP View Post
The wind is crazy!!

Love this!!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #1756
Junior LCF Member

Lost it this weekend- had a reunion with friends out of town and ate and drank. So today I'm back on the wagon. Got up and did a boot camp. Here's my menu today

B- 2.5 oz sausage, 1 egg, egg yolk, HWC
L- 2 oz chicken, 2 tbl mayo, 1/2 avocado
D- stuffed jalapeno, small piece of ribeye
S- mixed nuts
Old 10-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #1757
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Clueless
Stats: 171/155/130
WOE: low carb/Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: Aug-2012/Oct-2012
Quote:
Are you going to use flaxseed oil? I really like the results with the peanut oil but if I'd of had the flaxseed oil I would have used it. She said it was like $17 bucks for 17oz so lol I passed on spending that on seasoning my pan.

On the other hand, if I took it as a supplement and had some on hand I'd have done it. It doesn't take very much because each layer of oil is as little as possible.
My hubby always used crisco. Not sure what I will use. If I have some flax supplements left I may do that, Great idea btw!

But dang it is cold here, (North Carolina) It would have been a good night for it. But we are afraid we could lose power with all the gusting winds.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:28 PM   #1758
Senior LCF Member

Power continues to flicker occasionally, but STILL not out! Maybe there is hope...

Having some tummy troubles today I have no idea where this is coming from. WARNING: graphic details ahead...I have terribly potent gas and have been in the bathroom probably 10 times today (not just to pee). I would not be surprised if I'd been eating something I shouldn't have, but I've stayed very low in carbs still. This started last night and has continued all day today, so I don't think I can even pin it on a single item I may have eaten. I've taken 2 doses of Imodium today, haven't missed a dose of my calcium nor iron (both of which tend to be constipating), and take strong probiotics 4 times per day. Frustrating. Luckily, we're on city water, not well, so even if the power goes, our toilets will still flush
Quote:
I just got a new zombie book to read and review (Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End) so you won't be finding me near any hospitals for a while.
Quote:
Ya'll stay safe! And, just on the by and by, there was that episode of the X Files where that terrible storm brought the awful alien type lifeform up from the depths so stay away from the ocean if that applies to your situation. And hospitals for reasons already covered.
Now you're speaking my language! I haven't read Apocalypse Z, but my husband has it. I believe we've successfully watched every episode of The X-Files on Netflix now. We're going to a horror convention in Virginia Beach in a few weeks (called Blood at the Beach) that is primarily zombie-themed. We wanted to catch the Walking Dead panel at Comic Con in San Diego last year, but that line was INSANE!
Quote:
Cast iron is the ultimate in lazy cookware! No clean up to speak of not even having to mess with loading it in the dishwasher and unloading it later! Hooray!
But you have to wash it in the sink, right? At least with water? That's what I don't do - dishes in the sink.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #1759
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm new to the zombie world. I never liked horror but I can enjoy, really enjoy, most ZA if the shock factor isn't outrageous. I got hooked on the zombie thing by way of EOTWAWKI.

Loved X-Files!

Well, it depends on what you cook but usually if anything you just wipe it out with a paper towel and apply a little oil. Super low maintenance once it is seasoned.

I just did my other pan on the oven clean cycle. Gonna start the seasoning process first thing in the morning and then tomorrow night or Wednesday it will be ready to fry some chicken. mmmm mmmm.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1760
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeatinger View Post
Lost it this weekend- had a reunion with friends out of town and ate and drank. So today I'm back on the wagon. Got up and did a boot camp. Here's my menu today

B- 2.5 oz sausage, 1 egg, egg yolk, HWC
L- 2 oz chicken, 2 tbl mayo, 1/2 avocado
D- stuffed jalapeno, small piece of ribeye
S- mixed nuts
Taking a weekend off is okay for special occasions =)

Especially if you get right back on the train to skinnyville
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #1761
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
My hubby always used crisco. Not sure what I will use. If I have some flax supplements left I may do that, Great idea btw!

But dang it is cold here, (North Carolina) It would have been a good night for it. But we are afraid we could lose power with all the gusting winds.
If losing power is possible then this is the perfect time to heat up the house with a super hot oven & zap the cast iron too
Old 10-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #1762
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to All! Have to catch up on all the posts! Long weekend had "food trials" but I think I came out okay. Geeze, I weigh on Sundays, missed that, too bad. Thoughts and prayers for the East Coast folks. I've been through too many of those things, and told DH after the last one ripped my garden to bits I just didn't know if I had the heart to stay here. Then, poof, all gets better. We will hope for a fast through, little flooding, and no increased insurance rates!

Deborah, your new pic is awesome!

PC - Yea for more great numbers, I think you are "in the zone" now!

Red, hang in there. All folks that I know who have successfully quit said the cravings hung for a while. My mom was likely the worse smoker, painful quitter, then positively obnoxious non-smoker! One day, about 20 years after quiting she made the comment to me, that from time to time, if she smelled smoke, she wanted one -- I asked if the craving ever stopped, she said yes, but it came back when she was doing "familiar things she did when smoking"....And, good news on the BP! Should be getting used to the lack of nicotine by now and will steady out soon.

Buffy, you are doing great. I think I will get a body fat test done soon. Maybe that will make more sense than watching the scale pop with the same 2 lb up and down up and down....

Welcome Clueless! So glad to have you hear.

Jilly, you are doing good, try not to compare yourself to others. I have seen the horrors of the emergency side of bariatric surgery. Even with surgery, we are all different, process food, meds, air, allergens differently. Find what works for you and stick with it. We may not be therapists, but we are good listeners! (if I knew how to post the smiley I would add one here!) And, baby-sharing illnesses were my life for two years, then along came DH2, and I had a great immune system. Hang in there.

Shelly, I am counting on the 6 month mark! Enjoying it all now, and no way I will go back to low fat...I have bad memories of tasteless foods!

Welcome back HarmsWay! Yea on anniversary trips! Always fun.

Aliz, congrats on your numbers! I had issues with the "elimination" until I increased my magnesium. No more issues! I hate fiber drinks, and be careful taking the "elimination medications" they can have rebound effects.

Welcome Smoky! You found a great place.

Hey Jayne, was the cheesecake LC? if so, would you share the recipe? My DH loves it.

Welcome geogeo/Debby! Great to have you.

Hey Red - thanks for the info on cast iron. I reseasoned mine last Feb (rare cold day to run the oven a while)...I use lard. My fav one dates back to 1920, and it is recovering from DH using soap on it. Horrors! I laughed after he nearly dropped it when I screamed (yes I did)....he was a sweetie for cleaning up after a big mess in the kitchen, but dahling, do not use soap on my cast iron! Buffy, I have had to reseason only three times since I inherited these great skillets/dutch ovens. When it gets "dry" looking is what Gma used to tell me. Red, I am waiting on Win8....still trying to "like 7"....but I appear stuck with it! It also appears to have a few "tricks" on files, and I hate new software "tricks". At work we just transferred over to a virtual server -- now, it's "in the cloud" and not in a room. Waiting for the improved transmit time!

Welcome Cathy! so glad to have you join us.

Ella, that is fantastically funny! Love it. Hang in there, the storms are a bit scary, but the clean up is the "witch"!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #1763
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Sorry I was gone tonight, when the truckload of you all appeared and ate up my yummy chicken broth, thanks for cleaning up after yourselves though, couldn't even tell you had been there!

Hang on our Eastern Coast friends, hope for the best for all of you.

Welcome Cathy.

Too tired to post anymore, BB tomorrow!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:00 AM   #1764
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sorry I was gone tonight, when the truckload of you all appeared and ate up my yummy chicken broth, thanks for cleaning up after yourselves though, couldn't even tell you had been there!

Hang on our Eastern Coast friends, hope for the best for all of you.

Welcome Cathy.

Too tired to post anymore, BB tomorrow!
We prowled around till the non-LC friendly police showed up and ran us off
Old 10-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #1765
Blabbermouth!!!

Weigh-in 10302012

Weigh-in this morning ... ... ... 190.9

I tell you what, I am glad I didn't really have any food to cheat with around last night. And I mean even LC friendly ones. I had serious cravings to eat something, anything and a lot of it. I haven't had that sort of craving in a long time. Thank goodness I didn't have any almonds laying around. I wasn't hungry - no feelings of an empty stomach. That sucked. The awful thing too was that I'd have just as soon eaten a full bag of Spicier Nacho Doritos as a bag of almonds.

I have to run by the store today. Gonna eat a lot before I go. I may not go at all if I think I can't stay off the chip aisle. But I really need to go and get some soft doggie food for the old girl that lost most of her teeth a couple of weeks ago.

I learned a pretty simple principle in the Army. Opportunity makes a thief. If you don't want to screw up don't put yourself in a position where you can screw up.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #1766
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Taking a weekend off is okay for special occasions =)

Especially if you get right back on the train to skinnyville
Thanks Red- that's how I'm looking at it!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #1767
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Good morning hope all is save!!very windy here in the mountains. It snowed all day yesterday but blowed it to NC,
I quit my job Sunday,it was so bad could not stand it no more!!but the big boss called me ask me to please stay and try to help him fix the problem, so I agreed to stay.we will see what happen,lots of people will be mad at me?
Old 10-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #1768
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Good morning hope all is save!!very windy here in the mountains. It snowed all day yesterday but blowed it to NC,
I quit my job Sunday,it was so bad could not stand it no more!!but the big boss called me ask me to please stay and try to help him fix the problem, so I agreed to stay.we will see what happen,lots of people will be mad at me?
Don't let that guy take advantage of you PC. *His* problems are not the same as your problems. He needs to keep employees and that is his number one issue. You, on the other hand, need to quit getting messed around by their crappy management. Give him a chance if you like but don't let him guilt trip you into staying on when they aren't willing to fix the real problems in the first place. There are too many places that actually value good employees like you.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #1769
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: livinlarge
WOE: whatever works
Good morning all! Hope everyone on the east coast is doing well.....I was glued to the Weather Channel on TV for most of the night.

Well, I said that I wasn't gonna get on the scale until next week cuz I *knew* that I was up due to my debauchery on vacation.....I broke down and jumped on the dang thing this morning anyway. Not as bad as I thought....up three lbs. Puts me back at 206.8. I hope to back down to 203ish by next Monday (so much for my plans of being in onederland by halloweenie OOOOPPPPSSS my bad).

Today's menu

bacon & cottage cheese for bf
chicken/bacon salad for lunch OR sausage/kale soup
dinner - It's wing night with the kids, so 10 wings w/blue cheese & hot sauce

coffee with CO and water to drink, prob a diet pepsi this evening

Party on Garth!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #1770
Senior LCF Member

Never lost power But sending nothing but warm thoughts to those along the coastline and in NJ/NYC where it seems to have hit much harder. All my friends and family in northern CT were out of power, but those homes are much older, so all above-ground power lines.

My tummy is still unhappy today Working from home again with Mr. Baby since my daycare lady did not respond when I texted her, so I'm thinking her power is out.

Made some ricotta pancakes for breakfast. I find them SUPER yummy
Closed Thread