Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #1501
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Interesting post Shelley. Do you mind sharing what supplements you use?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #1502
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I work in a nursing home,,so sad to see what is happening there but I no those patience no that I care so that makes my days better!!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Took advantage of my mother visiting this weekend to have her watch Mr. Baby while my husband and I went out to a movie. We saw a noon showing, but it was nice - that was the first time he and I have been out together ALONE in more than 7 months! We don't have any local family or friends to watch baby for us, so we always have him with us. It was nice to have a "date."

I made a vanilla coconut bark last night based on this recipe, and I LOVE it:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post12852778
Hopefully, that bark will help me stay away from the rest of the homemade apple pie in my fridge. I did indulge and have a small piece with vanilla ice cream earlier today, and I also had a tiny bowl (like a little custard dish) of the homemade applesauce she made, but I melted 2 T butter into it and piled on some extra creamy whipped cream on top. Unlike most times in the past, I will NOT allow these indiscretions to lead to me just saying screw it, I'm eating whatever I want for the rest of the day! Dinner was right back on track with some parmesan garlic chicken wings with ranch dressing, and the rest of my day included my chili with cheese and sour cream, a protein shake, and some of that delicious bark. The rest of the apple pie is strictly for my husband!

Deborah, sometimes our bodies just need a little shake-up, and bumping carbs and/or calories can be enough to wake it up. This is the theory behind calorie and carb cycling, which I have also had some success with in the past (but had trouble sticking with since my high carb or calories days would trigger too many cravings for my low days!). Sounds like your body is responding to your adjustments. I also agree with what Red had said about eating even if you're not hungry. I try to eat at least a little something every 2-3 hours or so, which supposedly helps to keep your metabolism up. But I do still get hungry, so that's easy for me to do

Red, you go right ahead and get addicted to straws - no nicotine and no carbs

Shelley, loved reading about your health fair experience! It is so sad how everyone still believes fat is evil and carbs are healthy. I've already had a bit of a tense discussion with my husband's cousin (whom we're very close with) about how we're feeding Mr. Baby. She wanted to know when we would be starting cereals, and I said hopefully never. I said we would start with avocado (which we did) and then add new non-starchy veggies and *gasp* meats one at a time, which is exactly what we've been doing. He's been eating for a few weeks now and has had avocado, baby spinach, green beans, turkey, and broccoli, with near future plans for cauliflower, chicken, asparagus, baby brussels sprouts, and beef (all of which I make myself except the meats, which I buy in jars only because I'm worried I wouldn't be able to mush up enough myself). She sternly told me the baby "needs" carbs and not to feed him low-carb because he doesn't HAVE a weight problem. I tried to explain that low-carbing is healthy, not just for weight loss, and that the body doesn't actually NEED any dietary carbohydrates, but I eventually had to just end the discussion before it got too heated. And this from a woman whose youngest son hardly ever eats anything that's not coated with powdered sugar Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent there, but just amazed at how brainwashed everyone, even many medical professionals, are about what a "healthy" diet truly is.

Buffy, you can buy cranberry supplements instead of drinking the juice. I have been fortunate enough to avoid UTIs for years, so not sure how much those supplements may or may not help, but might be worth a look. Do you also take probiotics?

portcop, job stress is awful, and it sticks with you even when you've left the job site. Good for you for deciding to put your foot down. I have struggled with that before, and it makes me one of those employees who often gets taken advantage of and ends up working nights, weekends, holidays...but my job is a desk job, and I can often at least work those extra hours from home.

aeatinger, I don't use ******. I actually use the daily plate feature from livestrong, which only offers an app with paid subscription.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 10-21-2012, 02:51 PM   #1504
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I work in a nursing home,,so sad to see what is happening there but I no those patience no that I care so that makes my days better!!
My husband is a visiting hospice nurse, so he goes where the patients are, either in their homes or in nursing homes usually. He said there are definitely differences between nursing homes, so it's important to find a good one with staff that is actually kind and compassionate. And even though patients may not always be able to show their appreciation, their families are very thankful that their loved one is being cared for by someone who really cares. You are an angel, PC!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:12 PM   #1505
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Interesting post Shelley. Do you mind sharing what supplements you use?
OH my....lots of them. I've been fine tuning it for about the last 10 years. I'll go make a list. Don't think it's "legal" to name brands though..remember I'm 64 years of age, way past menopause, hypothyroid, and have had osteopenia for over 15 years (when they first tested me with a DEXA and it's "holding" all this time which is wonderful). Most of you are much younger...and so will have different needs.

AM upon waking...1/2 my thyroid dose

With Breakfast: multi vitamin, 2,000 D3, Omega 3 (EPA/DHA), Curcumin (bad joints from dancing 40 years!), 50 mg Ubiquinol, 10,000 A, 400 IU E, B complex.

Noon...the other 1/2 of my thyroid (like original Armour)

Lunch (usually 2 PM or so?)
133 mg chelated magnesium
probiotic

4 PM 500 mg calcium

Dinner: 50 mg Ubiquinol, 2,000 D3, Boron, K1

Before bed: 300 mg. magnesium (oxide, chelate, malate, taurinate) and strontium.

I'm putting in an order today for potassium....I have the powder and always forget to take it, so want the pills to put with breakfast and dinner.

Aren't you glad you asked!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #1506
Senior LCF Member

Deborah and PC. I am most impressed and grateful for what you do PC, and what your husband does Deborah. Both are specially gifted people and I am always amazed at the compassion that others possess and give to strangers. It sure makes the world a better place. Thank heavens for people like PC and Mr. LossGirl!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #1507
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
OH my....lots of them. I've been fine tuning it for about the last 10 years. I'll go make a list. Don't think it's "legal" to name brands though..remember I'm 64 years of age, way past menopause, hypothyroid, and have had osteopenia for over 15 years (when they first tested me with a DEXA and it's "holding" all this time which is wonderful). Most of you are much younger...and so will have different needs.

AM upon waking...1/2 my thyroid dose

With Breakfast: multi vitamin, 2,000 D3, Omega 3 (EPA/DHA), Curcumin (bad joints from dancing 40 years!), 50 mg Ubiquinol, 10,000 A, 400 IU E, B complex.

Noon...the other 1/2 of my thyroid (like original Armour)

Lunch (usually 2 PM or so?)
133 mg chelated magnesium
probiotic

4 PM 500 mg calcium

Dinner: 50 mg Ubiquinol, 2,000 D3, Boron, K1

Before bed: 300 mg. magnesium (oxide, chelate, malate, taurinate) and strontium.

I'm putting in an order today for potassium....I have the powder and always forget to take it, so want the pills to put with breakfast and dinner.

Osteopenia, and you only take 500mg calcium daily and holding steady? That's pretty amazing!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:22 PM   #1508
Senior LCF Member

Jillybean.....you did well keeping your cool with the cousin who wants you to corrupt that precious little bundle of yours. She has her child to parent and do with as she wishes, and you have yours. Next time politely tell her that you aren't telling her what to do with her child, and you would really appreciate her not "helping you" with your choices. She will realize in a few years that your son is healthy, active and delightful....and then she will wonder where she went wrong. Hmmm.....so sad.

Thanks for the NON chocolate link for the coconut bark. I have all the ingredients and am not a chocolate person, but am enjoying the almond fat bombs. I have put CO, butter (melted in the microwave) and then added in coconut and some sweetener and eaten that when I am wanting a dessert on occasion, but this would be much better! Thanks so much for the link!!!! I'm going to make some this afternoon!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #1509
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Osteopenia, and you only take 500mg calcium daily and holding steady? That's pretty amazing!
I've had problems with calcium and have a friend that worked with the osteoporosis assoc. and did 2 year studies and follow ups on the women (over 40), and what they discovered was that over 500 mg of calcium is one of the "issues" that causes plaque in the arteries...it does NOT go to the bone. D3 is better for bone than calcium...all the hype you hear about "drink your milk" and all that is actually leaching calcium FROM the bone. I have read the studies years ago, but can't remember where they are these days. For probably 5 years I had absolutely no calcium in supplement form. And the chiro had me taking calcium lactate which really made me sick! I gave it to his wife who loves the stuff. Not for me. Again, all bodies are different, but I've done really well with NO calcium, and have only been on the 500 mg/day for about 6 months, so we'll see what the next DEXA shows. But I also have added in the boron, K1 and strontium so hard to say what will have done what.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #1510
Senior LCF Member

I wrote a pretty long post earlier and got a message that it had to be approved by a moderator before being posted. Weird...I thought maybe because it had a link in it, but the link is to another post in THIS forum! Anyway, many individual replies are awaiting approval...EDIT - looks like it just recently showed up!
Quote:
Thank heavens for people like PC and Mr. LossGirl!!!!
I second that! My grandmother was in a nursing home for years, so I don't know what we would have done if those nurses weren't there around the clock to help her. I don't think I could do it, not because I don't love people, but I think I'd get too consumed by the sadder side of it. I am so thankful for those who have what it takes for that kind of work
Old 10-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #1511
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Actually, yes! I see how you passed that nutrition test with flying colors now!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #1512
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I have put CO, butter (melted in the microwave) and then added in coconut and some sweetener and eaten that when I am wanting a dessert on occasion
heh, that's essentially what this is! I did CO, butter, shredded unsweetened coconut, and used 4 packets of Truvia since I don't care for Splenda. Oh, and a splash of vanilla. I didn't have the other flavoring the recipe called for, so I just did all vanilla. I broke it up after it froze and keep it in a ziploc bag in the freezer. Good stuff! And a great way for me to get CO in daily since I don't like to eat it plain and don't drink coffee or tea or anything hot to mix it into.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #1513
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jem51
Stats: oh so happy at 120
WOE: Mine, all mine
Start Date: controlled carb '97-98
Deborah, me too....hospice RN doing home/facility visits. The company I work for is not great being very much for profit, but hospice nursing is the best.

I was L/D RN for many years and would never go back.

Sorry for the HJ.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #1514
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem51 View Post
Deborah, me too....hospice RN doing home/facility visits. The company I work for is not great being very much for profit, but hospice nursing is the best.

I was L/D RN for many years and would never go back.

Sorry for the HJ.
What does HJ stand for, lol? I'm really trying but not coming up with anything!

Wow, you've been on both sides. You've seen the very beginning and the very end. I think you're a saint to have handled women in labor, and caring for people passing from this life to the next.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #1515
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
What does HJ stand for, lol? I'm really trying but not coming up with anything!
I'm assuming hijack
Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #1516
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Wow, some great posts today! Jilly, that is the way my DIL and son feed DGS, who is almost 2 and very very healthy. Growing like a weed too, may have to back off the healthy diet or he will be 8 ft. tall, , just joking of course. I am so proud of the way they feed him.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #1517
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I do take probiotics but thanks for mentioning them, I need to up my dose while on this antibiotic.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #1518
Senior LCF Member

I'm placing an order for more protein powder. Also ordering coconut oil (cheaper than at the store) and coconut butter to try. Any other suggestions of things to try?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #1519
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I'm assuming hijack
OHHHHH! Thanx!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #1520
Major LCF Poster!

I'm going to put my app.in a hospice group a nurse said they were good to work for,say a little pray for me?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #1521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Deborah, edging up to test the waters sounds like a good thing, and anytime that involves chocolate ice cream, well dreamland. Yea for male nurses! We are 50% male now, and it changed our Nursing Dept forever. Hospice is such a great specialty, now we know how special he is.

PC- Healthcare will just wear us out if we let it! sounds like you are a special one, but 12 hours makes me miserable too! I can't do SF gum anymore either. It used to be my stress reliever, but then I realized it made me hungry!

Aeatinger, that is great, I know many feel so much "smaller" even before the scales start moving. So sweet you didn't wake up DH.

Buffy, on the Red Bee Propolis, it is the highest antioxidant you can find; but it also kills "bugs" famously. I do not take it all the time, but my DH does, he has roseasa, and it cleared it up fast...and got him off of antibiotics. He has not had one flare up in a year. My DD uses it only when she feels sick or has that tingle with an UTI coming on. She then takes 2 - 3 a day for 7 days. I use it only when I feel so sick I would need an antibiotic. So I would say you should try either way, as a prevention, or as a "killer" when you feel it coming on. You are likely building your immune system with losing weight, taking vitamins, reducing your meds...and that is what is wonderful about this WOE...the long term benefits.

Shelly, I am with you on the 6 month wait.....I haven't moved much since starting, only 3 lbs since the start, but I am near goal, at least what I have settled on as goal....5 lbs more, Buffy is right, I don't need to be skinny and show more wrinkles! What I realize is I now have control over carbs, even "good ones"! You are dead-on with the calcium, and the osteo drug pushers are getting sued left and right for the damage those things have done to women. Anyone seen Sally Field recentlly??? It's all about the diet, acid v. alkaline. Google, "save your bones and vivian" for great info.

Jilly, keep the fight up! They do not need the cereal. I didn't know for oldest, but youngest was raised low carb.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #1522
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes, everyone! It's so nice to have found a group of people who're doing this.

jillybean, I'm rolling my eyes at your SIL. At this age, he should be getting everything he needs from nursing or formula and the actual food is more like practice anyway. My older son didn't get any nutrition from food, hardly, until he was at least 15 or 18 months old. He was just not interested at all, but always super healthy and energetic. My little one is the opposite and wanted to know what all the fuss was about by around six months. But even so, it was mostly playing and experimenting for him for quite a while. I think your plan for your LO sounds like the perfect start.

Gotta say, though, that after that toddler stage I start feeling a little confused about what to feed the kids, and it doesn't help that they are like little carb monsters. lol I am trying to put it out of my mind, actually, until I do a little more research. It probably won't make a huge difference if I start changing their diets this week or in a couple of months. In the meantime, I try to make sure they have lots of good fatty meats and fruits and veg. But I am not at all convinced that's what they need. My 3 year old is *very* intrigued by my fat bombs, but I don't really want to feed him those, either. Sigh... One of the parts of the science of all this that I'm really foggy on is what happens when you eat carbs and higher fat. I need to go back and study what Dr. Attia said about this on his blog. I'm on information overload right now, I think!

I think I may be in for a surprise. Counting everything this way is so different than only looking at carbs. I have some sense of protein bc of the old 3 ounces is the size of a deck of cards thing. But for fat... ugh. Ya know, the last time I counted fat was maybe in the early 90s, when you were just trying to minimize it at all cost. So rather than estimating how much fat must be in that much chicken skin, you just didn't eat the chicken skin. Also, I'm pretty severe with the carbs, never eating starches or fruit, but when I think of something as "on plan," like eggs, I don't bother counting the .75 grams or whatever per egg. For some reason I do count cheese, which is sort of similar. But eggs just seem so good for you that I can't count anything against them. lol

I am going to have to get some of this Red Bee Propolis. You use it for other kinds of infections, too? I just hate, hate, hate being on antibiotics.

I don't believe the cranberry study. Cranberry juice doesn't work for me, but I think that's because of my diabetes. I also need the strongest antibiotics to treat a UTI. But my mother has used cranberry juice for years without having to resort to antibiotics.

Recently I found another "cure" (ymmv, of course) that really surprised me -- a teaspoon of baking soda stirred into a few ounces of water. I did it once a day for five days running, but each morning I felt just a little twinge of the UTI. On day five I finally went to the doc bc I am deathly afraid of anything doing harm to my kidneys. But they didn't pick up any bacteria in the first line urine test (the dipstick one). It did come back in the culture, though, so I definitely had an infection. Next time I'm going to be more aggressive and have the baking soda like 3 times a day or so. Clearly the baking soda was dealing with the bacteria, because normally if I show up at doc's an hour after symptoms start, it shows up strongly on that dipstick.

Buffy, I hope one of these works for you in the future. UTI's are just really sucky.
I am not certain I believe one study either, takes 5-7 years to make a good clinical determination. What does work is letting our bodies get healthy and not take so many antibiotics! Our parents, grandparents didn't and they had it much better. They didn't eat the junk we have now either. When I found out at age 18 in the ED, I have a rare syndrome, called Stephens Johnson Syndrome, I had to find alternatives to antibiotics...they can kill me. I am not sick for the most part. I have no clue when I last had a cold, once the flu in my life, last UTI was 26 years ago, last tummy virus was in 1986. Vitamin D3 and many supplements!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #1523
Big Yapper!!!!

I need to update my medication list, which I carry with me, to change the meds I have been able to change since LC and also, to update the supplements that I am taking. It is so much easier to just hand this list to the nurse than try to remember each thing, the dose, etc. I hope, that in the future, the list of meds I have to take is much less. The supplements keep changing as I read things on here.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #1524
Big Yapper!!!!

Time to come up for air Red, ..... Red, can you hear me??? We all miss you, very much! You have the worst 3 days under your belt, you can do this, rock on!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #1525
Big Yapper!!!!

I am going to experiment with something the next few days. It will kind of test the eating to hunger thing as opposed to eating to the nutritional log.

Today I just made notes of each thing I ate, and how much but have not logged it yet, am going to do that right now. Will be interesting to see how my percentages come out and how many calories. I ate when I was hungry and stopped when I was full.

I now know the foods I can and can't have and it would be nice if I could continue on my woe just eating what I know is right and avoiding what I know is wrong. And, by testing ketones to be sure I stay in ketosis.

We will see how it goes.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #1526
Big Yapper!!!!

Very interesting. I came in at:

1,565 calories
19 carbs 4.8%
149 gr fat 84.7%
41 gr protein 10.5%

So, without even logging, I came in just about right on everything, except being a little low on protein. And, I would have had enough of that even, from what I had put on my plate but I got full and could not finish my chicken at dinner time. I am happy with this outcome. Think I will do this again tomorrow and log it after I am done eating.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #1527
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
What does work is letting our bodies get healthy and not take so many antibiotics! Our parents, grandparents didn't and they had it much better. They didn't eat the junk we have now either. When I found out at age 18 in the ED, I have a rare syndrome, called Stephens Johnson Syndrome, I had to find alternatives to antibiotics...they can kill me. I am not sick for the most part. I have no clue when I last had a cold, once the flu in my life, last UTI was 26 years ago, last tummy virus was in 1986. Vitamin D3 and many supplements!
I have heard of SJS before. A few years back a friend of mine had this crazy thing with her tongue swelling and she was taking some kind of med that is one that can cause it. I was so scared she was gonna be really a mess because she refused to go to the ER. She fully recovered and of course it wasn't SJS, so much for my internet diagnostics. But I did a fair amount of reading about it.

I went to the doctor last week and asked her about the baking soda thing, curious about what she thought about it and she said, repeatedly, "you cannot get rid of a UTI without taking antibiotics." Ugh. That is just so, so wrong! And I think it's worth experimenting with these other potential cures to avoid them whenever possible. As a type I, they want to give them to me for every little thing, and always the strongest one possible. Blech!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Very interesting. I came in at:

1,565 calories
19 carbs 4.8%
149 gr fat 84.7%
41 gr protein 10.5%

So, without even logging, I came in just about right on everything, except being a little low on protein. And, I would have had enough of that even, from what I had put on my plate but I got full and could not finish my chicken at dinner time. I am happy with this outcome. Think I will do this again tomorrow and log it after I am done eating.
That looks like a great day! Now that I have logged my first day, I am looking forward to the day that I'm so good at this that I can do your experiment. It's a lot of work!

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #1528
Senior LCF Member

Monday being my "official" weigh-in day, I was at 201.5 this morning. That's 4 pounds down since last Monday I'll take it since here's how yesterday shaped up:
protein shake
applesauce with butter and extra creamy whipped cream
chili with cheese and sour cream
apple pie with vanilla ice cream
parmesan garlic chicken wings (not breaded or battered) with ranch
multiple bits of vanilla coconut bark throughout the day

Obviously high in carbs for me, but not letting it derail me. I'm so good at saying, "Oh, I blew it, might as well blow the rest of the [day, weekend, week...]," and I'm trying very hard not to do that this time around. Every time I eat something is a chance to get back on track, regardless of what the clock or calendar says! Eating chili right now for breakfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
So, without even logging, I came in just about right on everything
I think after a while, we just sort of know how we should eat, and it falls into place. Once I get going really well, I sometimes stop logging and maybe just log every once in a while to sort of check in.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:57 AM   #1529
Major LCF Poster!

My song!,,,o red we're are you, o red we all miss you,o red please come back to us,o red we miss you,....I sure hope he is ok I feel like he is my brother I never had,I worry about all that salt he had.hope he will come back soon. with out him .

Well lost my weight I gained now at 170 this morning,it was the sf gum and cheese .
I only ate one meal about 1000 cals.was not hungry cause I had two coffee with tbs of hwc and co in each one if you eat fat in the am it really helps thru out day lots.

I think you really have to play around with this NK way of eating and boy when you get it down it really works,and you no the best part you eat really good and healthy foods. Have a blessed day all of you. Think about me today when I go talk to the might be giving my two week notice...
Old 10-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #1530
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Up periscope!

Wow! Day 3 was hellish to say the least! Strong urges and a tempest of emotional storms.

According to a site describing the timeline, that was pretty much by the book.

I'm just over 84 hours - T+84.

Way over eating but mostly just to distract myself and do something with my mouth. Pretty sure I was at or above 5,000 calories the last couple of days each. For sure too many carbs although I haven't gone so insane to actually carb binge but I did eat buttered popcorn yesterday after I realized how far off track I was late in the afternoon.

At ~50g-60g carbs your kidneys are signaled to start retaining fluid so I am sure that is happening.

I'm gonna try to ease back onto plan today.

Thanks for the tip about the activated charcoal I might try that

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement! I really appreciate it you guys.

Gonna submerge again and try to check in later.

Whew this sucks. lol
Closed Thread