Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #1441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I just laid out this weeks supplements yesterday and I doubled the CoQ10 based on your other post

No, I don't think caffeine has ever affected me like that. I was stable at 205 for months but have lost almost 20 pounds in the last 6 weeks or so. That is a good tip about both arms I'll do that.

Red, get it checked to keep peace of mind....for all of us!!! Maybe all the extra CO has increased your metabolism as well, you have ketones going wild, and our bodies have to have time to adjust to it all.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #1442
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmsWay View Post
Let's do it!!!!! I'm pumped!
Congrats! keep it up!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #1443
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizgurl View Post
GONGRATS everyone on your losses

I am also down from yesterdays 146.6 to 145.3

I tried almond butter for the first time last night and it was so YUMMY!! But within an hour I was so sick to my stomach It lasted about 3 hours and then I felt better. I instantly knew what I was sick from because I remembered reading about how coconut products make some people sick. Weird tho cause I eat coconut oil everyday.
I really want to eat more of it cause it's so good as well as so expensive. But I learned my lesson and will give it away.
Congrats on the loss! I had the same issues at first, so I mixed all my butters with cream cheese or coconut butter. but I don't eat the nut butters straight, cause all make me green-faced! You may try that before dumping.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #1444
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Morning all!!had good night at work I do a lot of walking there which is good.iam down another lb. yes 171 I can't wait to see 169 been a long time I'm getting there!! This is the first time in my life I ever went this long with no cheats since sept 6, you no on this nk I don't even think about cheating at work they had cookies and they looked good but I no if I ate one I would have been sick for x3-5 days just not worth it and if I want something sweet I eat coco bark.i love it...
High 5 and YES!!!! So good to hear.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #1445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
We ended up at Chili's for lunch. I got the chicken fajitas and just mixed the chicken, a few onions, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream like a salad. YUM. I just went to their website for nutritional info, and it says 20-something grams of carbs in JUST the "skillet" (which is just the chicken, onions, and peppers). This is where tracking gets tricky for me, though, as I only ate a few of the onions and none of the peppers (don't like them), and I'm assuming that's where most of the carbs were. The "fajita condiments" (sour cream, lettuce, cheese, and pico) were listed as 8 grams of carbs, but I assume most of that would be from the pico, which I didn't eat. I tracked it ALL anyway in my log, as I'd rather over-estimate my carbs than under-estimate. So, my carbs will be high today (well, high for us - still low compared to the general population), but likely not really as bad as I have tracked.

My husband and I decided to start trying to have lunch together every Wednesday. I recently changed jobs and went from having an hour commute each way to only about 10 minutes each way, so it's exciting we can do lunch together, as that's never been an option before. It's just lunch, but it's really nice to go out together without Mr. Baby. Don't get me wrong - Mr. Baby is my WORLD, and I couldn't adore him more, but my husband and I haven't been out together just the two of us for about 7 months now. I've been feeling disconnected from him, and I'm hoping this will help.

My mother is coming to stay with us for the weekend. Now that she is alone since we lost my father, and I have Mr. Baby, we try to see her at least once a month and take turns making the 4-hour (each way) trip. She just called a few minutes ago to tell me where she was, so she should be at our house by around 5, which means we may end up going out for dinner tonight as well!

Honestly, I eat out on weekends A LOT, which is why I actually use Monday as my "official" weigh-in day each week, as it should be the highest of the week. I don't want to track by my "best" weight of the week because then if I sneak a peek at the scale on a "non-official" day, I'll likely be quite disappointed. This way, by tracking my highest, I'm usually pleasantly surprised if/when I peek Ahh, the mind games we like to play!
Quote:
I tried almond butter for the first time last night and it was so YUMMY!! But within an hour I was so sick to my stomach It lasted about 3 hours and then I felt better. I instantly knew what I was sick from because I remembered reading about how coconut products make some people sick. Weird tho cause I eat coconut oil everyday.
I really want to eat more of it cause it's so good as well as so expensive. But I learned my lesson and will give it away.
I'm confused...was there something with coconut in your almond butter? I'm lost as to the connection. I make bread using almond butter, no flour at all, and it's quite good, especially toasted and topped with lots of butter or cream cheese.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 10-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #1446
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
OH my, 11lbs is what my biggest baby's front paw weighs! I have a while german shep, at 113lb, and a 1/2 Chow/Golden Retriever at 70lb, and a mixed up crazy Weimer/Hound Dog at 90 lbs. All are adopted or blew in with hurricanes as pups. Others come and go at our house, but we net three! I walk the first two girls, DH is stuck with crazy boy.
Wow, 113 pounds! My son is 13 and weighs just a couple of pounds more than that. I do love big dogs though! And it's sweet how they came to be in your family.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #1447
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
We ended up at Chili's for lunch. I got the chicken fajitas and just mixed the chicken, a few onions, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream like a salad. YUM. I just went to their website for nutritional info, and it says 20-something grams of carbs in JUST the "skillet" (which is just the chicken, onions, and peppers). This is where tracking gets tricky for me, though, as I only ate a few of the onions and none of the peppers (don't like them), and I'm assuming that's where most of the carbs were. The "fajita condiments" (sour cream, lettuce, cheese, and pico) were listed as 8 grams of carbs, but I assume most of that would be from the pico, which I didn't eat. I tracked it ALL anyway in my log, as I'd rather over-estimate my carbs than under-estimate. So, my carbs will be high today (well, high for us - still low compared to the general population), but likely not really as bad as I have tracked.

My husband and I decided to start trying to have lunch together every Wednesday. I recently changed jobs and went from having an hour commute each way to only about 10 minutes each way, so it's exciting we can do lunch together, as that's never been an option before. It's just lunch, but it's really nice to go out together without Mr. Baby. Don't get me wrong - Mr. Baby is my WORLD, and I couldn't adore him more, but my husband and I haven't been out together just the two of us for about 7 months now. I've been feeling disconnected from him, and I'm hoping this will help.

My mother is coming to stay with us for the weekend. Now that she is alone since we lost my father, and I have Mr. Baby, we try to see her at least once a month and take turns making the 4-hour (each way) trip. She just called a few minutes ago to tell me where she was, so she should be at our house by around 5, which means we may end up going out for dinner tonight as well!

Honestly, I eat out on weekends A LOT, which is why I actually use Monday as my "official" weigh-in day each week, as it should be the highest of the week. I don't want to track by my "best" weight of the week because then if I sneak a peek at the scale on a "non-official" day, I'll likely be quite disappointed. This way, by tracking my highest, I'm usually pleasantly surprised if/when I peek Ahh, the mind games we like to play!

I'm confused...was there something with coconut in your almond butter? I'm lost as to the connection. I make bread using almond butter, no flour at all, and it's quite good, especially toasted and topped with lots of butter or cream cheese.
That's so weird! I really thought I wrote coconut butter!!! sorry about that! I eat almond butter in some of my fat bombs without a problem. It was the coconut butter that made me feel ill. And I only ate about half a TBS full.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #1448
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's so weird! I really thought I wrote coconut butter!!! sorry about that! I eat almond butter in some of my fat bombs without a problem. It was the coconut butter that made me feel ill. And I only ate about half a TBS full.
haha, that makes SO much more sense!

I've had coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut water...but never coconut butter. I don't think I've ever even seen that! Is it in a jar like nut butters?
Old 10-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #1449
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Snoangel
Stats: 214/135/139
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: July 2010
Quote:
haha, that makes SO much more sense!

I've had coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut water...but never coconut butter. I don't think I've ever even seen that! Is it in a jar like nut butters?
Yes just like nut butters. It was delicous, so creamy and coconutty. I'm sure it would be amazing in fat bombs or if you make low carb cookies.
It does have 1.9g of sugar in 2T tho. So I had planed to only eat it when I wanted something really special. But honestly I have never felt sick like that from a food so quickly. I wasn't able to eat the lovely roasted chicken that was sitting on the dinner table. Just went straight to bed.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #1450
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Got my labs back, still too low on sodium and chloride, Dr. again changing one BP med to a version with no diuretic. Last time he had cut the dosage of that part by 50%. Should help with leg cramps. Can't wait to be able to lower all BP meds
Old 10-19-2012, 06:02 PM   #1451
Senior LCF Member

oh wow, what a long week. hope everyone is ready for a great weekend!

Shelly, the book for the Inversion Tables....is The 7-day Back Pain Cure by Jesse Cannone. It is a great, quick read. I got it free, no strings. Google his book, he has a website as well; and I think I remember the tables are there as well; mine is the solid back, heavy duty one; the instructions to assemble are printed in English, but they were obviously translated with much creativity! I can honestly tell you that I was likely the biggest doubter of his approach...until I ordered the table and used it...after three days, my life changed.

Red, wow on almost at goal....you will make it, then start on the rest of your life! Hey, if the almonds set you off like they do me, especially roasted...try making almond butter, there's no way to over due it. I take maybe two cups of roasted raw no salt almonds, put them in the Oscar, and grind until it is starting to roll up on the top, then I add almond oil until it looks good, no clue how much oil, it's a bit softer than PB, but won't roll off a spoon. then I add pink sea salt, love the minerals it has in it, added bonus!

Alizgurl - I mix the coconut butter with nut butters...it helped a lot. I loved my coconut cream mixed with the butter, but haven't had time to get to Trader Joe's to get the best brand I have found. I really had to ease into coconut everything....or it just made me nauseous, for hours. No clue why, but now I am fine as long as I keep the portions low.

Yea Buffy! I love seeing meds reduced for folks. I bet the more you stay on this plan, the better your labs will be, and BP too!

Deborah, your cutie pup is adorable. I am a sucker, so is DH! I want a small lap dog too, we had a month long adventure with a 10 month old Jack Russell girl, she just showed up in our neighborhood, and after three days she followed us all around walking, then came right into the back yard with us one night....and wow, the energy and spunk. she is happily living with DD1 now. Typos, my big baby is a White German Shepherd, and I swear she is smarter than most people I seem to get in line behind at stores!
Old 10-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #1452
Senior LCF Member

For today:
  • protein shake
  • Chili's: chicken fajitas (just the chicken, some onions, lettuce, sour cream, and cheese mixed together)
  • 2 hotdogs dipped in mixture of reduced sugar ketchup and mayo
  • The Greene Turtle: bbq chicken breast with bacon and cheese, a few bites of green beans with lots of butter added

Totals:
11.49% carbs (67g total, 7g fiber)
60.21% fat (156g)
28.3% protein (165g)
Old 10-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #1453
Senior LCF Member

I love my mother so much. But she brought us a homemade apple pie and a big container of homemade applesauce (from the fresh apples we picked a couple weeks ago)
Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #1454
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Food Log

Log and numbers.

Calories: 2,148

Fat: 182
Pro: 104
Car: 42

73/19/7

Breakfast: CO & coffee.
Lunch: Bacon and eggs.
Snack: Tomato, almonds.
Dinner: Lettuce, chicken, pickles.
End of the Day: T of CO.

Wow. I am rattled with the smoking thing. No jalapenos today!?! Been kinda quiet today chewing on straws and keeping myself distracted.
Attached Images
File Type: png graph_10192012.png (20.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg log_10192012.jpg (30.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 10-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #1455
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I love my mother so much. But she brought us a homemade apple pie and a big container of homemade applesauce (from the fresh apples we picked a couple weeks ago)
Hi Jilly, love your menus, gives me ideas. Mothers and pies! Sounds like a memory from my diet days with young kids. I loved her to death, but she always made desserts, and then was offended when I refused. Finally I just told her ahead of time that we won't eat any, but make it for anyone else! That helped. Be strong, I have found that even a small "cheat" or "mistake" sure takes a while to get through...
Old 10-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #1456
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Log and numbers.

73/19/7

Wow. I am rattled with the smoking thing. No jalapenos today!?! Been kinda quiet today chewing on straws and keeping myself distracted.
Be strong Red. Any "detox" is three miserable days! Cigs, Sugar, pain meds, high carb.....you can do this! Do you chew gum? I did, and it burns calories too!
Old 10-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #1457
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Morning all,wooo hoooo....down again 170.6 I think I might see the 169 by the end of month
Old 10-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #1458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Quote:
Log and numbers.

73/19/7

I have no doubt that you can do it. Snack on a few more pickles. Are you a sunflower seed eater? I like to pop 2 or 3 seeds (in hulls) in my mouth now and then throughout the day just because I like the saltiness and then the treat of a tiny seed or two. Feels like I'm snacking.

Was worried about your quietness yesterday. Thought perhaps your elevated BP took you to the ER. How is it today?
Old 10-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #1459
Major LCF Poster!

Red let us no you are ok!!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:31 AM   #1460
Senior LCF Member

For those of you who make coconut bark, what recipe do you use? I don't care for Splenda, but I can use erythritol as my sweetener. I just Googled recipes, and there are quite a few variations.

Hope you're doing okay, Red!
Quote:
Morning all,wooo hoooo....down again 170.6 I think I might see the 169 by the end of month
Hurray! I peeked at the scale this morning, and it was very friendly. I set a goal of Halloween to be back below 200, but I think it may happen before then
Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #1461
Blabbermouth!!!

weigh-in 10202012

Weigh-in this morning ... ... ... 187.2

So a bump back up to day before yesterday's reading exactly. A blue fluid sorta deal for sure although it could be a stress response to the smoking cessation. Or I could be overthinking it lol. Is it just me or does it seem like every dang milestone is met with a bump like that? 240 - bump. 200 - bump then stall. 190 bump. 185 bump. Frankly, my weight sensing radar is wildly inaccurate because I was sure I'd see it drop into the 184s heh.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #1462
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Hooray!!!!! Congrats!!!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #1463
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm okay you guys

Just lying low. I don't want to be cross with anyone and boy howdy I am edgy as heck lol. Gosh, I've been biting peoples head's off left and right around here.

Been trying to nap a bit too to keep my mood a little more stabile.

That is a good idea about the sunflower seeds in the shell. It is so dang easy to get friggin addicted to those dang things though lol. Know what I mean?? I might get some tomorrow though to take my mind off things. Thanks

Yesterday wasn't bad for cravings. This morning has been pretty strong for cravings.

I take straws and cut them up to about 3 inch lengths and use them for a mouth fix. That book I mentioned reading pointed out that a smoker is constantly touching their face and the lips are constantly being stimulated. It was funny because when I quit several years ago I was hooked on straws for months lol. Back then I used the taper off approach with great success.

BP has gotten back into the just horrible range consistently.

Thanks for the positive vibes ya'll

Oh, just so you all know... I officially quit at Thu 18 Oct 2012 07:05:25 PM CDT so 72 hours and the detox hump is officially met at Sunday Oct 21 2012 07:05:25 PM CDT.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #1464
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, just so you all know... I officially quit at Thu 18 Oct 2012 07:05:25 PM CDT so 72 hours and the detox hump is officially met at Sunday Oct 21 2012 07:05:25 PM CDT.
I'm sure there's an app for that! Glad to hear you're still doing well as far as eating and not smoking. Best of luck with not punching anyone in the face
Old 10-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #1465
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
KUTGW Red
Old 10-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #1466
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Quote:
I'm okay you guys

That is a good idea about the sunflower seeds in the shell. It is so dang easy to get friggin addicted to those dang things though lol. Know what I mean?? I might get some tomorrow though to take my mind off things. Thanks

I do know what you mean about the seeds. Don't take them to your seat with you. I leave a bowl on the counter in the kitchen and grab just a few at a time. If I want more, I have to get up or stop what I'm doing to get some, which really slows me down. I don't eat very many in a day, but then, I'm not quitting smoking. I just crave salty foods now and then or just want to eat something.

In just a few days you are going to feel 100%, better than 100%.... your WOE, weight loss, and sans cigarettes!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #1467
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Good morning all!

Good job on the losses everyone..PC, you are so close to the 160's!! Woo hoo for you!

SouthernGirl...thanks for the info on the inversion table and especially the book/author. I will definitely check it out. Interesting thing for me was I never sat other than driving yesterday (no computer) and guess what...no hip/lower back/sciatic pain. Hmmm.....

Yesterday I went over state lines to a quilt show (2 hours away) and had a ball. Went to the big Costco there and found Kerrygold cheese that is a cross of parmesean and something else (I forgot) and it's outstanding (sweet/dry white cheese with same macros....from Ireland!). Knew I would be without food for lunch, and thought I would be home before dinner...wrong. I had eggs in butter and coffee with HWC and MCT oil before departing. Took a little container with 4 fat bombs and a shaker bottle of almond milk, MCT oil, ice cubes and a separate container of whey protein powder....that was my lunch (protein shake) with one melted fat bomb.

By the time "dinnertime" rolled around I was hungry....and all I had was water and 3 very liquid fat bombs...fortunately mine are in little candy wrappers that are 1 TBSP size of miniature cupcake liners, so the liquid was contained. I "drank" all 3! Felt great and continued. Got home, unloaded the car at 8:30 PM and fixed myself 3 oz of sliced fried SPAM! Yup I did. When I used to have spam, I was skinny! So, got some! ha ha

This morning...whoosh of 2# loss. I'll take it!l Now I'm only "up" .8# of my low of last week. So, today I'm making fat bombs with my new jar of almond butter (took back the sunflower butter with the high PUFA's). I'm a happy camper!

Major Red: I do believe the stopping of the smoking (I'm SOOoooOOO proud of you!!!!!) is part of the mini weight gain...you hear that all the time, so just know that it will pass! Sorry about your mood...that too will pass with time, just do NOT give up!!! And the stalling/bumping up and down at various stages of weightloss is exactly what I have experienced in my 20# down, 20# up, and back to 5# down from the "up" 20. Hang in there. You know that you have the support of your entire harem here!!!

I'm off to a "health fair" at the County Fairgrounds....am curious to see what new docs have moved into the area, and what they have to display.

OH!!!! When in Costco, a very handsome young man in his 40's came up to me as I was struggling to get out some packaged frozen meat and he had some Costco brand greek yogurt that he proudly announced was the BEST made and that I needed to try it. I asked about fat and carb/sugar content and he proudly said that it was 0 fat and only 5 sugars/carbs per serving. I told him that I was sorry, but that I did high fat (80-85%) and no sugars and very very very low carbs. He looked shocked and asked if I was doing Atkins as he had tried that years ago and the fat just melted off his body (he was fit). I told him it's called "nutritional ketosis" and he asked me zillions of questions and was VERY interested. I told him about the Phinney/Volek books and that athletes and brains run better on fat than glucose and he said he was going to find the book. So, I did my part in "spreading the news" across State Lines! It was fun.

OK...I'm off. I missed you all and am delighted to hear how great you are all doing!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #1468
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Great news PC!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #1469
Major LCF Poster!

Red,
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #1470
Major LCF Poster!