Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EllaP
Stats: 229/144/139
WOE: HF/MP/VLC
Hello. I've been thoroughly enjoying and have been inspired by these threads of late on NK, 80/15/5.

I see the mayo subject come up now and then and because of the recommendation of staying away from Soy based mayo, I made some of my own over the weekend. Sadly, I only had Olive Oil (and not the extra light). Umm... yuck. Heavy olive oil flavored mayo is not good. I will say, though, that it made up ridiculously easy with my stick blender. I had one problem at first... I was following a egg yolk only recipe... I stick blended until my blender was hot and it did nothing. Decided to add in one of the egg whites and within mere seconds I had mayo, bad tasting mayo, but mayo nonetheless.

So I'm a bit confused on the pufas mufas, O6, O3, O9 fats, etc. In my desire to make a more bland mayo, I ordered Rice Bran oil online and now wonder if that was a mistake. Seems it has the dreaded pufas, too. Perhaps it's okay in lesser amounts. Anyone knowledgeable on the Rice Bran Oil... I imagine it's a better choice than soybean oil, but perhaps not the best choice?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #92
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Oh, I created a spread sheet so I just plug in the goal weight and it spits out the protein ranges for two different formulas.

The one that resulted in 47g is ((x/2.2)*.8) - this is from the exercise site I found with google and this is the one that seems to track pretty closely to what Phinney has said. The range is set by using from 0.8 to 1.5 as number to multiply by.

Thanks Darin! I was following the calculations of the NK thread which had me around 60 grams of protein a day. So, 47 is a long way down from 60! Maybe that's why I have been so slow to lose anything...inches and/or numbers on my scale! I've been consuming from 55 to 90 grams of protein a day for the month of September! Yikes!

So....dropping again. I used to do Atkins induction/Protein Power and had tons of protein (and lots of weight gain!) Time to re-do my menus! Thank you.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #93
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaP View Post
Hello. I've been thoroughly enjoying and have been inspired by these threads of late on NK, 80/15/5.

I see the mayo subject come up now and then and because of the recommendation of staying away from Soy based mayo, I made some of my own over the weekend. Sadly, I only had Olive Oil (and not the extra light). Umm... yuck. Heavy olive oil flavored mayo is not good. I will say, though, that it made up ridiculously easy with my stick blender. I had one problem at first... I was following a egg yolk only recipe... I stick blended until my blender was hot and it did nothing. Decided to add in one of the egg whites and within mere seconds I had mayo, bad tasting mayo, but mayo nonetheless.

So I'm a bit confused on the pufas mufas, O6, O3, O9 fats, etc. In my desire to make a more bland mayo, I ordered Rice Bran oil online and now wonder if that was a mistake. Seems it has the dreaded pufas, too. Perhaps it's okay in lesser amounts. Anyone knowledgeable on the Rice Bran Oil... I imagine it's a better choice than soybean oil, but perhaps not the best choice?
Considering my lifelong distaste for mayo, it disturbs me that I am becoming an expert in the stuff lol

From what I've read, I think the thing to shoot for is an oil that contains as small a percentage of PUFAs as possible. When I did a side by side comparison of Soy Oil and Safflower (I think) the percentages were almost completely reverse for sat fat and poly fat.

Another post I read recently, from a guy that makes his own all the time, that guy said that you have to have some PUFAs (because of their long chain nature) for emulsifying the mixture.

So as long as the rice bran oil is, say, 30% or less PUFAs then it is probably as good as it gets for approaching store bought texture (I'm guessing).

By the way, I just watched a youtube of G. Ramsey doing a spot for an stick blender and he was making mayo with it. He noted that using the whole egg gives the mayo a better texture and appearance and lightness.

Hope that helps
Old 10-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #94
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Thanks Darin! I was following the calculations of the NK thread which had me around 60 grams of protein a day. So, 47 is a long way down from 60! Maybe that's why I have been so slow to lose anything...inches and/or numbers on my scale! I've been consuming from 55 to 90 grams of protein a day for the month of September! Yikes!

So....dropping again. I used to do Atkins induction/Protein Power and had tons of protein (and lots of weight gain!) Time to re-do my menus! Thank you.
Shelley, I'd probably take some time and stair step the protein down. That way you can better determine the amount you can tolerate while still losing weight. And at those low levels, your body needs as much as you can tolerate to protect LBM.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shunsweets
Stats: maintenance
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: May 2003
Thanks for the info Southerngirl61. My gut tells me that LC/HF is still the way to go even for a bypass patient but I sure don't want to do anything wrong after all he has been through. I did throw away the prescription for statins they gave him - he is on lopressor and Coumadin and that is enough!

Hey Buffy I have diabetes and very high cholesterol too but I declined the statins my Dr wanted. Feel there is no benefit there and suspect I have large fluffy cholesterol although my Dr did not want to order that more refined test. I do take 2 fish oil giant pills daily.

Wow this thread moves fast. I am going to hang around if you all don't mind. I am in maintenance weight wise at 115 lbs but watch diet carefully for my diabetes, health, and weight maintenance. I use 50gms of protein, 30 gms of CHO, and lots of fats!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

First...the "fluffy" test you are all looking for is called a VAP test. It tells you the size of the particles in cholesterol.

Buffy...your test looks great to me! I'm usually 250-325 in total cholesterol, but my HDL is about 100. My risk ratio is low. I last had a VAP test about 15 years ago when I was doing the "usual" high carb/low to nonfat eating and lots of fruits and rice and whole grains. My VAP scores was the worst they could be....so I'm really anxious to do the test at my next physical if not before. I might just order my own test, but I would prefer to wait 6 months, and I didn't start the NK eating until the first of September.

Major Darin...love your new title! And Yes, the stick blender "whole egg" mayo is so easy to make. I tried Kristn's recipe with the coconut oil and olive oil and it was like a solid "rock" in the refrig, so I'm going to make the easy one with whole eggs and extra light virgin olive oil next time...I do believe it's the Gordon Ramsey one that is on youtube. Easy and yummy! And I'm mean really yummy off a spoon yummy! I was hooked on Best Foods/Hellmans and once I made this homemade one, I will never go back.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Ooops...forgot to tell Buffy that I think she did a masterful job on her trip...she had fun, she had her dark chocolate treat at night so she wasn't feeling deprived and she came home to her lowest weight so far! Woo Hoo Buffy!!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #98
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
First...the "fluffy" test you are all looking for is called a VAP test. It tells you the size of the particles in cholesterol.

Buffy...your test looks great to me! I'm usually 250-325 in total cholesterol, but my HDL is about 100. My risk ratio is low. I last had a VAP test about 15 years ago when I was doing the "usual" high carb/low to nonfat eating and lots of fruits and rice and whole grains. My VAP scores was the worst they could be....so I'm really anxious to do the test at my next physical if not before. I might just order my own test, but I would prefer to wait 6 months, and I didn't start the NK eating until the first of September.

Major Darin...love your new title! And Yes, the stick blender "whole egg" mayo is so easy to make. I tried Kristn's recipe with the coconut oil and olive oil and it was like a solid "rock" in the refrig, so I'm going to make the easy one with whole eggs and extra light virgin olive oil next time...I do believe it's the Gordon Ramsey one that is on youtube. Easy and yummy! And I'm mean really yummy off a spoon yummy! I was hooked on Best Foods/Hellmans and once I made this homemade one, I will never go back.
Thanks, I can ask for the test but might do like you suggested, and just get it done on my own, although my Dr. is nice and very likeable, I don't think he would be real open to my suggesting another test, although I might be surprised.

Ok, Hellman's is my brand of mayo too, love that stuff. You really think the homemade one with extra light VOO is that good? It is easy to make, thought I had used that oil last time but maybe not. What brand of Xtra lite VOO did you use?

I am out of eggs so must go to the store today and can't try any mayo until I restock on eggs. Wish that Olive Oil store was closer and I would run over there and ask their recommendation on best tasting oil for mayo.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ooops...forgot to tell Buffy that I think she did a masterful job on her trip...she had fun, she had her dark chocolate treat at night so she wasn't feeling deprived and she came home to her lowest weight so far! Woo Hoo Buffy!!!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I only wavered a couple of times and it was a very mild waver at that, thought about it and truly thought, it just isn't worth it, nothing looked that incredible that it was worth ruining what I had worked so hard towards all month.
And, I did take my ketone meter with me which did reassure me each AM that I was doing good. I do enjoy my diet cokes and that as well is kind of a reward I use, so I always worry when you order from a place that fixes fountain drinks if you are truly getting diet and I just can't be sure I can tell the difference anymore. Once I heard about some sticks that you could carry along to test, has anyone heard or know what those are? I usually stress to the waiter that I have diabetes so please do not mess up my order but you never know. I had a waitress once that I questioned, she said oh yes, that is diet, then I said, well I have to ask b/c of my diabetes. She then took it back and said she would go pour me a new one, just in case
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Reading the thread over on the main board about carob, has anyone used that? What is the benefit over cocoa powder?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #101
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I also realized from a post from reddarin that I am consuming too much protein. I did the wrong calculations apparently and have been trying to stay around 60, and he feels I should be around 47! Yikes...that's a huge difference and that also may be why I am not losing rapidly
I'm so glad you posted that Shelley! It gives me a chance to clarify my thinking on this a little bit. There isn't really a 'wrong' way to determine protein requirements. That is why there are, at least, several different ways to calculate it and a wide variation in the results of those different methods.

So, really, *all* of the ways to calculate it are right. Which way resulting in which number that works for you? *That* is the mystery and that is why there is no one formula like a simple algebra equation.

And, very importantly, I think the best way to proceed is to calculate your requirement and start high then work your way down but not below the floor of the lowest formula.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #102
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Reading the thread over on the main board about carob, has anyone used that? What is the benefit over cocoa powder?
Dunno. Cocoa has so many good benefits, especially for LC, that it is hard to see how something from the 'fat is bad' world could be a good thing for the real world (which is 'fat is good').

Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #103
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That's it! heh Couldn't for the life of me remember that word! Thanks Shelley
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
All right! I have an announcement that everyone has been breathlessly waiting for! Although there was great pressure via 10s of zero PMs about sleepless nights while awaiting my decision I've held off until I was sure.

Levi's.

I definitely like the way they wear better than Wranglers.

LOL. I like Levi's better too.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

I have to tell you that when I am out with friends, or meeting my 3 sisters for a gathering (like Buffy did), it seems to really cement the ideas of my eating very firmly. I have found that on those occasions, I usually eat better, eat less, and end us losing weight to just "prove to them" (or myself?) that I am determined to do this way of eating. They all think I'm a quack..but they are all overweight and think eating less fat and walking 1/2 mile is a big deal. I really have to bite my tongue with friends about this too.

Darin...Ooops...Major Darin.....the reason I am happy that you calculated the protein grams the way you did is because I used to be so high...and then for the month of September I was so much lower than normal (around 60) and yet didn't see the huge drops in weight that others did, and also have not seen the ketone numbers be in the range most are in (and Phinney/Volek say is desirable). So, to me, your calculations might be the ticket!! And to think that I was "low" yesterday and somewhat concerned about meeting my minimum. I don't want to lose lean body mass!!! But I was still higher than the low end, so I'm sort of excited for this month to see what happens.

Re: carob. I used to use that for cooking years and years ago (the chips) as it was the "healthy alternative" to chocolate. But the reality is that unless you are super sensitive to cocoa/chocolate, you don't want carob. It doesn't taste like chocolate and is also lower in fat and higher in carbs/sugars than cocoa. So, sweet Buffy, stick with your chocolate!!!! No "benefit" unless you can't tolerate caffeine.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Darin...Ooops...Major Darin
lol
Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

When I started looking around at protein recommendations, I was stunned at how low the USRDA recommended amounts are. Something like 35g for women and 45 for men! Wow!

I assume that they arrive at those very low levels based on their 'skinny as a stick pole' weight tables.

The formula that they use in the NK thread makes a lot of sense but I wonder at it because it results in fairly high protein requirements. I wonder if one of the reasons for that is that it has an exercise/active person bias? As in, you are exercising regularly and need extra protein because of it. So far, though, I haven't seen an LC doc endorse that idea (more protein for more workout) but I am only about 1/3 of the way through the Art & Science book and I haven't read, nor own, the Performance book.

Really, very interesting stuff.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
So Reddarin was kind enough to run my numbers for my ratios over the weekend. i'm posting here so everybody can see where I'm starting.

Protein range: 59-72

Daily Goals
----------
Protein: 72
Fat: 179
Carbs: 36

79/14/7

Total calories: 2041

I'm also doing a leptin reset(requires 50 gm protein at breakfast only)...I have no problem having my protein like this in am, it kills hunger for me right until dinner time and then I can have something very small for dinner and of course no snacking or calories between meals and after 6:30 pm. 4 hours required without eating before bed and sleep in super darkness as early as possible. 10-10:30
Will I have issues with the success of the 80/15/5 way if I break up my macros like this?

Reddarin heard an interview with this info: Dr. Phinney said that a macro of 35% protein would probably stall most people.So when you are tinkering with your menu try to avoid x/34+/x. An off day on macro percentages won't matter but consistently getting in the 30%s on protein probably will matter. And, of course, carbs as low as possible.

If my protein macro for breakfast is 50 gm for breakfast with this screw me up?

Also, how often does one need to recaculate the macros as the fat melts away? Every couple of weeks? a few months?

Last edited by Deb34; 10-02-2012 at 12:45 PM.. Reason: new question
Old 10-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
So Reddarin was kind enough to run my numbers for my ratios over the weekend. i'm posting here so everybody can see where I'm starting.

Protein range: 59-72

Daily Goals
----------
Protein: 72
Carbs: 36

79/14/7

Total calories: 2041

I'm also doing a leptin reset(requires 50 gm protein at breakfast only)...I have no problem having my protein like this in am, it kills hunger for me right until dinner time and then I can have something very small for dinner and of course no snacking or calories between meals and after 6:30 pm. 4 hours required without eating before bed and sleep in super darkness as early as possible. 10-10:30
Will I have issues with the success of the 80/15/5 way if I break up my macros like this?

Reddarin heard an interview with this info: Dr. Phinney said that a macro of 35% protein would probably stall most people.So when you are tinkering with your menu try to avoid x/34+/x. An off day on macro percentages won't matter but consistently getting in the 30%s on protein probably will matter. And, of course, carbs as low as possible.

Also, how often does one need to recaculate the macros as the fat melts away? Every couple of weeks? a few months?
Hi Deb....the only way you will know is to give it a try. WE all have different bodies that utilize what we feed the body in a different way. For me, when I was doing 25% protein, I gained weight. I dropped it to 20. Now I'm between 15-20 and about to drop it some more. It's a trial and error number for most of us....starting out higher than we usually end up. Your body will tell you! :-)

Also, some do well on IF and only having one meal a day. I can't do that, but it doesn't mean it won't work for you. Keep good notes, log everything you put in your mouth (I use ******), and you will have your answers.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Very interesting about the low numbers for the USDA on protein grams! But you are so right...back then (i'm older so I can say that), we ate very little. I was rail thin and never hungry. Makes me feel better about dropping the protein grams. I'll stick with the Tanita scale to monitor my lean/fat pounds and that will help me to know how I'm doing too.

I forgot to congratulate you, Major, on your new weight! Congratulations!!!! I'm glad you tried on more companies of jeans than just Wrangler....they change styles, and cuts all the time, so you do need to check them out on your body. So, you're lucky to be able to wear Levis! They are very nicely made (but don't fit my body...I'm a LEE jeans woman!) Also, what women notice, is that you can try on one pair, and then get another in the exact same color, cut, company, size, label, and they won't fit the same! I usually find I take in 3 pairs of the same in order to choose the ones that I like best. But now I"m just trying to get back into my "old" stuff so no shopping for me!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

No. It is no problem. Think of your daily protein requirement as a rolling 24 hour window.

Quote:

The answer is .... Well. Yes and No. No first:

Essentially, never. Your protein requirements don't really change because they are based on lean body mass which is a factor of height not age, weight or activity level (with a nod towards a strenuous exercise regimen which may benefit from increased protein).

... and Yes:

Yes, because you have a range of protein and if you start at the upper end and work your way down to the level where you lose weight your macros are fairly fluid. You can continue downward, level off, or increase protein, all of which affect fat intake ratios to maintain Phinney's ideal of 65-85% fat macro for nutritional ketosis. Inversely, starting at the bare minimum to lose weight and then adding protein to maintain or gain affects your fat ratio similarly.

Confused?

And, remember, caloric demands change with weight. So, when I was 265 my BMR was higher than my current weight. So, losing weight will affect your macros over time. Even forcing you to drop lower in your fat ratio although you should never have to go below 65% because there is a wide variety of fatty protein to allow you to keep both numbers in the right range.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
......... So as long as the rice bran oil is, say, 30% or less PUFAs then it is probably as good as it gets for approaching store bought texture (I'm guessing)........
Thanks for your input, Red. According to Wikipedia, "Rice bran oil has a composition similar to that of peanut oil, with 38% monounsaturated, 37% polyunsaturated, and 25% saturated"

Further reading on Rice Bran Oil, comparing it to others, it appears its actually a very healthy oil. Found a video by Dr. Oz promoting it as a weight loss oil, too. Too bad it isn't lower in PUFA and higher in saturated fat. I think I will like it though. Has to be better than Soy based mayo and I plan on using it in combination with Coconut Oil for mayo.

Again, thanks, and way to go everyone with your successes.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #113
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/140.4/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
I have macadamia nut oil, I wonder if that will work. Off to Wikipedia to check the ratios...

Quote:
Macadamia oil contains approximately 60% oleic acid, 19% palmitoleic acid, 1-3% Linoleic acid and 1-2% Linolenic acid. Some varieties contain roughly equal omega-6 and omega-3.
It contains up to 85% monounsaturated fats
. The oil displays chemical properties typical of a vegetable triglyceride oil. It is also very stable due to its low polyunsaturated fat content.
Does that sound good for making mayo?

Last edited by metqa; 10-02-2012 at 02:06 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I have macadamia nut oil, I wonder if that will work. Off to Wikipedia to check the ratios...

Does Macadamia nut oil taste like the nuts? OMG, if I made mayo with that, I'd go crazy eating it.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
thanks Red, i'm relieved that my brekky won't throw me off. I found an article I had saved about Egg nutrition that is very interesting. I'll quote part of it here: it could help if people are going overboard with egg protein. Just boil your eggs and you can discard the extra whites, I do that because eggs raise my blood insulin if I over do the whites.

Quote:
: I modified the chart to make it easier to read:

Nutrient % Total in White % Total in Yolk
Protein 57% 43%
Fat 1% 99%
Calcium 9.5% 90.5%
Magnesium 80.8% 19.2%
Iron 6.2% 93.8%
Phosphorus 7% 93%
Potassium 74.4% 25.6%
Sodium 87% 13%
Zinc 0.2% 99.8%
Copper 38% 62%
Manganese 30.8% 69.2%
Selenium 41% 59%
Thiamin 3.2% 96.8%
Riboflavin 61.7% 48.3%
Niacin 89.7% 9.3%
Pantothenic acid. 11% 89%
B6 3.3% 96.7%
Folate 5% 95%
B12 8.3% 91.7%
Vitamin A 0% 100%
Vitamin E 0% 100%
Vitamin D 0% 100%
Vitamin K 0% 100%
DHA and AA 0% 100%
Carotenoids 0% 100%

Data taken from the USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 15. AA and DHA data from NutritionData.Com. Since the article was written, the USDA has published revisions. The latest, Release 17, can be found here.

As you can see from the table, the yolk contains 100% of the carotenoids, essential fatty acids, vitamins A, E, D, and K (6 items). The white does not contain 100% of any nutrient.
The yolk contains more than 90% of the calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, thiamin, B6, folate, and B12, and 89% of the panthothenic acid (9 items). The white does not contain more than 90% of any nutrient, but contains over 80% of the magnesium, sodium, and niacin (3 items).
The yolk contains between 50% and 80% of the copper, manganese, and selenium, while the white contains between 50% and 80% of the potassium, riboflavin, and protein.
It should also be kept in mind that the yolk of an egg is smaller than the white. Where the white contains a slim majority of nutrients, such as protein, this is not due to a greater concentration in the white, but simply to the fact that there is more white in the egg than yolk.

Data taken from the USDA Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 15. AA and DHA data from NutritionData.Com.

Last edited by Deb34; 10-02-2012 at 02:22 PM..
Old 10-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Well you guys been busy today!work was good,,
Red got something to check out for me..I might have a enlarged heart ..had a X-ray today,not sure but half of the chest was white and other side was dark.my daughter said it could be a enlarge heart?what you think?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #117
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Red got something to check out for me..I might have a enlarged heart ..had a X-ray today,not sure but half of the chest was white and other side was dark.my daughter said it could be a enlarge heart?what you think?
I am not familiar with the condition but

When do you get to talk to the doc about it PC?
Old 10-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I found this PC:

Quote:
Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff
Enlarged heart (cardiomegaly) isn't a disease, but rather a symptom of another condition.

The term "cardiomegaly" most commonly refers to an enlarged heart seen on chest X-ray before other tests are performed to diagnose the specific condition causing your cardiomegaly. You may develop an enlarged heart temporarily because of a stress on your body, such as pregnancy, or because of a medical condition, such as the weakening of the heart muscle, coronary artery disease, heart valve problems or abnormal heart rhythms.

While having an enlarged heart may not always be preventable, it's usually treatable. Treatment for enlarged heart is aimed at correcting the underlying cause. Treatment for an enlarged heart can include medications, medical procedures or surgery.
So it doesn't appear to be mortal thank God.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #119
Blabbermouth!!!

Food Log

Log and numbers for tonight!

Calories: 2,003

Pro: 76
Car: 27

79/16/5

Breakfast: CO & coffee and HWC today. Which really screwed up my day for calories.
Lunch: HWC float, chicken bouillon.
Snack: Pickles.
Dinner: Chicken, bacon, broccoli, jalapenos.

Dinner!! Whew!! Man alive that was good eatin'! I cooked the bacon, took it out and threw the jalapenos in to cook in the bacon grease, then put the chicken, bacon and broccoli in and sauteed it for a little while. Dang that was good.

Dang I was high calories lol. That is why I say the HWC messed me up as bad as I wanted to have it in my coffee this morning. I had to have the bacon and chicken to get my protein up so. Just chicken would have kept the calories down a bit but then my fat macro would have been blown. I don't expect to see downward movement on the scale tomorrow but dinner sure was good anyway
Attached Images
File Type: png graph_10022012.png (20.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg log_10022012.jpg (34.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaP View Post
Does Macadamia nut oil taste like the nuts? OMG, if I made mayo with that, I'd go crazy eating it.
From what a mfg says (mac-nut-oil), it is gonna have a distinct macadamia nut taste, but I guess it depends on the mfg a bit:

Quote:
Q: How does it taste?
A: If you have ever tasted the wonderful buttery flavor of the macadamia nut, MacNut Oil tastes the same. I think it is delicious and the celebrity chefs who have tasted it agree.
According to this mfg that means a wonderful mayo:

Quote:
Q: Can I use MacNut Oil cold?
A: You bet! MacNut Oil makes terrific salad dressings and mayonnaises. Keep coming back to our site for new recipes and so that you don't miss the launch of our other products. Right now you can go to the recipe section for instructions for a terrific salad dressing created by one of New York's top chefs.
And their recipe is:

Quote:
MacNut Mayonnaise

3 egg yolks
Juice of ˝ lemon
1 1/3 cups MacNut Oil
Coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Place the yolks and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. Turn the machine
on and slowly drizzle in the oil until the mixture is thick and emulsified.
Season with the salt and pepper.
Closed Thread