Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #901
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,278
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Good morning all!just got back from dr.had my yearly check up, ever thing was great..Dr.did not seem to like my new way of eating,,but I really don't care what he thinks cause I no how I feel!!!my BP was 91/59...BG-80.weight 173.4 yes that's a lb from yesterday...my body fat went from 55 to 32 yes yes I love it!

Got go to meeting see y'all a little later!
portcop01 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #902
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,763
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Good morning all!just got back from dr.had my yearly check up, ever thing was great..Dr.did not seem to like my new way of eating,,but I really don't care what he thinks cause I no how I feel!!!my BP was 91/59...BG-80.weight 173.4 yes that's a lb from yesterday...my body fat went from 55 to 32 yes yes I love it!

Got go to meeting see y'all a little later!
How could Dr. not like those results!!! Amazing!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #903
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,763
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Back from lab where I had my sodium retested, anxious to hear results.

Then on to Kroger, they had Chicken breast, legs and thighs for .99 with your reward card, so I got several packages, now I need to get the seal a meal thingy out and package them up for the freezer, going to cook some of them for chicken stock and I happen to love boiled chicken with butter on it and lots of salt, so perfect food for us. Got 6 fresh tilapia filets yesterday so need to get those packaged up as well.

Bought 2 more skillets yesterday, I had my cast iron one and one non-stick one, with all this cooking I needed more skillets, TJ's is a great place to buy them.
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #904
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,810
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/157/130
WOE: (80/15/5) keto family!
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Good morning all!just got back from dr.had my yearly check up, ever thing was great..Dr.did not seem to like my new way of eating,,but I really don't care what he thinks cause I no how I feel!!!my BP was 91/59...BG-80.weight 173.4 yes that's a lb from yesterday...my body fat went from 55 to 32 yes yes I love it!

Got go to meeting see y'all a little later!
Way to go!
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #905
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Patlaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: In a small town on the sunny coast of Spain.
Posts: 3,169
Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Portcop, you must be over the moon with that bodyfat from 55 to 32 is phenomenal.

Buffy, I couldn't wait for your review of the book, I downloaded it to my Kindle and in about ten minutes I will be happily ensconced in bed reading it.

Completely unrelated to HF, but I take Melotonin and just discovered that my Melotonin was good until August 2012. If I keep taking it, will I just not wake up? I can't get it here and it will take a while to get a new supply.

Pat
Patlaf is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #906
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,763
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
I don't worry about things that are barely pass their expiration date, if it were me, I would use it. JMHO
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #907
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,763
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Where is everyone this afternoon? I have been busy the past 2 hours with my seal a meal and my bargain chicken and fresh fish, have it all sealed and put in the freezer. The fish will go fast, only bought 6 filets but I have enough chicken to last quite a while.

My chicken I put on to boil is done, just need to pull it out and pick the meat off, then strain the broth. I think tonight, I will use some of it to make a creamy chicken soup. Tried something new in making it, so if I really like it I will share later.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #908
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Good morning all!just got back from dr.had my yearly check up, ever thing was great..Dr.did not seem to like my new way of eating,,but I really don't care what he thinks cause I no how I feel!!!my BP was 91/59...BG-80.weight 173.4 yes that's a lb from yesterday...my body fat went from 55 to 32 yes yes I love it!

Got go to meeting see y'all a little later!
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #909
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Where is everyone this afternoon? I have been busy the past 2 hours with my seal a meal and my bargain chicken and fresh fish, have it all sealed and put in the freezer. The fish will go fast, only bought 6 filets but I have enough chicken to last quite a while.

My chicken I put on to boil is done, just need to pull it out and pick the meat off, then strain the broth. I think tonight, I will use some of it to make a creamy chicken soup. Tried something new in making it, so if I really like it I will share later.
Here and about to post my log
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #910
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Food Log

Log and numbers today.

Calories: 1494

Fat: 123
Pro: 82
Car: 18

Breakfast: CO & coffee.
Lunch: Eggs, bacon, jalapeno.
Dinner: Cauliflower, chicken, jalapeno, tomato.
End of Day: T of CO
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #911
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,763
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Log and numbers today.

Calories: 1494

Fat: 123
Pro: 82
Car: 18

Breakfast: CO & coffee.
Lunch: Eggs, bacon, jalapeno.
Dinner: Cauliflower, chicken, jalapeno, tomato.
End of Day: T of CO
Looks good Red! You will stay in the 180's for sure!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #912
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Looks good Red! You will stay in the 180's for sure!
I will be feverishly massaging my belly first thing in the morning
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #913
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillex
Fasting blood glucose levels that are higher than levels that occur later in the day are actually quite common. It's called the "dawn effect." You can find more information on it if you google: "blood glucose" and "dawn effect" or "blood glucose" and "dawn phenomenon."

The dawn effect is caused by the early AM release of stress hormones: some combination of cortisol, glucagon, and epinepherine. This doesn't mean you're suffering from *stress*, it's just evolution's way of giving your body a burst of energy to rise and hunt food for the day. Some bodies have this tendency and some don't. Some people's blood glucose can rise into the clinical pre-diabetic or even diabetic range. Eating something -- even foods that don't spur a substantial release of insulin -- will counteract the release of these hormones and will usually bring blood glucose levels down.

People who test their blood after exercise will also often find higher blood glucose levels than before they've exercised, because of the stress hormones that are released in response to the workout.
__________________

This is for diabetics. "Normal" people should not have a dawn effect if your pancreas is doing it's job.
I went off LC for 3 days and tested. My morning b/g was in the 80's and NEVER did I get a high reading(over 95) even after a bread/corn chips/ice cream "meal".

I think a high fasting b/g when low carbing means I am NOT in NK. It means my body is gluconeogenic and not ketogenic during the night.
I added quote blocks around Trillex's post for clarity.

I think that Peter someoneorother (he follows a loose version of Optimal Diet) is disagreeing with you drj but frankly I am just not familiar enough with BG to be sure. I hope you and others will weigh in.

Google 'high-fat-nutrition' or select a couple of sentences from either quote to locate the page.

Quote:
But I do know at least one person who can achieve a FBG of 8.0mmol/l on a deeply ketogenic diet. This is 144mg/dl and not a number that I would personally wish to sustain for any period of time. This is not a standard response to marked ketosis, but unless you are checking you blood sugar levels, how would you know that it wasn't your response? A few carbs should reverse this.
Quote:
OK, here we go.

A LC eater has a FBG of 5.5mmol/l, technically pre diabetic, but blood insulin is 3.5 IU/ml. This is VERY low. Glucose is in very short supply but blood glucose is maintained by physiological insulin resistance, ie the muscles are full of triglycerides assembled from free fatty acids (NEFA) from lipolysis. The LC eater has breakfast, with enough protein from his eggs or particularly casein from his yoghurt to raise insulin from 3.5 IU/ml to 5.0IU/ml. This inhibits lipolysis enough to reduce NEFA in the bloodstream, intramuscular triglycerides fall and muscle insulin sensitivity returns. There's minimal glucose coming from the gut and so plasma glucose drops to between 4.0 and 5.0mmol/l, probably nearer 4.0mmol/l. It fluctuates between 4.0 and 5.0 after and between each LC meal. In the early hours of the morning there is a growth hormone surge and NEFA from lipolysis peak early morning to give insulin resistant muscles and an elevated FBG.

MEAN glucose over 24h will be in 4 point somethingish, HbA1c will be between 4 and 5%. INSULIN will probably average out around 5-10 IU/ml, averaged out over 24h.

A SAD eater has a FBG of 5.5, prediabetic, because he is prediabetic. His muscles and liver are permanently and pathologically insulin resistant. His pancreas is cranking out 50 IU/ml of insulin to just keep that FBG in the 5.5mmol/l range. He eats bagels, jam and a large mocha for breakfast and his blood glucose hits 15mmol/l. His pancreas ups the insulin output as high as it can get it, perhaps to 150 IU/ml and just manages to to get blood glucose back down to 5.5mmol/l before lunch. Lunch is pasta and the cycle repeats.

Mean glucose over 24 hours will be between 7 and 12mmol/l. HbA1c might just hover around 7%. INSULIN will average 100 IU/ml over the 24 hours.

Helicobacter lives on the hydrogen from flatus, so is present in far too high a number for health in our flatulent carb eater and chronically irritates the gastric lining. Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) receptor is over expressed and converts disorderly proliferation of gastric mucosa in to gastric cancer. See here.

Insulin acts on IGF-1 receptor to achieve this transformation.

A high carb eater with FBG of 5.5mmol/l implies chronic hyperinsulinaemia, 24/7 and is looking for something to die from.

A LC, very high fat eater with a FBG of 5.5mmol/l implies they haven't had breakfast yet. They are not going to be hyperinsulinaemic at any stage. Unless they eat a bagel instead of their normal bacon and eggs that is. If they do this their blood glucose will hit 10mmol/l before insulin can shut down lipolysis and get the muscle accepting glucose.

It's NOT the FBG of 5.5mmol/l that matters. It's what that means about insulinaemia if you are eating a rice based diet. It's bad. The Kitavans eat a sweet potato based diet, are not insulin resistant and have FBG of 3 point something.

Does that clarify matters? Did I screw up in terms of clarity in the posts on physiological insulin resistance and H. pylori? If so, I'd better get a new post up!

Thinking in terms of FBG = 5.5mmol/l = huge cancer risk is thinking like a cardiologist. Don't go there. Think why, think holistically.

Peter
POSTED BY PETER AT 10:27 AM 19 COMMENTS:
LABELS: PHYSIOLOGICAL INSULIN RESISTANCE (3); CLARIFICATION OF FBG
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #914
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
drjlocarb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,271
Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
I understand physiological insulin resistance and why it happens. But....there is that but again...

The problem is Peter (Hyperlipid) is not trying to lose weight and his HbA1c is in normal range. My HbA1c was not and my fb/g was nearing the 130 danger range. I think he is doing a disservice to people saying high fb/g is OK. High b/g means insulin is probably high and that will inhibit lypolisis.

It is MY belief that the high fb/g is a sign that my body is in a fully gluconeo state and is resisting ketogenesis and this is why I am not losing weight. The blood/glucose strips are cheaper and this may help other track without having to use the meters to check ketones every day. If the muscles are using ketones during the day, then the blood glucose shouldn't rise in the morning because these tissues are becoming insulin resistant. They should be insulin resistant 24/7 because they have adapted to using ketones 24/7.

I have also found I cannot get to NK b/k levels and the higher my fb/g, the lower my fb/k. I think this is a key piece of info for myself, Shelley, and other who have been stalled on LC for years and for those who are not losing on a NK diet.
drjlocarb is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #915
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
I understand physiological insulin resistance and why it happens. But....there is that but again...

The problem is Peter (Hyperlipid) is not trying to lose weight and his HbA1c is in normal range. My HbA1c was not and my fb/g was nearing the 130 danger range. I think he is doing a disservice to people saying high fb/g is OK. High b/g means insulin is probably high and that will inhibit lypolisis.

It is MY belief that the high fb/g is a sign that my body is in a fully gluconeo state and is resisting ketogenesis and this is why I am not losing weight. The blood/glucose strips are cheaper and this may help other track without having to use the meters to check ketones every day. If the muscles are using ketones during the day, then the blood glucose shouldn't rise in the morning because these tissues are becoming insulin resistant. They should be insulin resistant 24/7 because they have adapted to using ketones 24/7.

I have also found I cannot get to NK b/k levels and the higher my fb/g, the lower my fb/k. I think this is a key piece of info for myself, Shelley, and other who have been stalled on LC for years and for those who are not losing on a NK diet.
Did I miss something? I didn't see Peter refer to weight loss. Just a comparison of LC woe vs. SAD woe. No?
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #916
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Wait. Peter is also describing high BG *in* ketosis and says that ketosis is the reason for it. That seems to refute your position that high BG is preventing ketosis.

Perhaps the order of operations is the imperative? Ketosis -> high BG possible. High BG -> ketosis hard to impossible.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #917
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,805
Gallery: zay
Hello, I did the best I could. I was out of town at my sons football game. Had to rush out and didn''t take the correct foods to eat but still did ok altogether.

Calories: 1692
Fat:140
Carb: 35
Pro: 75

74% fat/8% carb/18% protein

Breakfast: coffee, HWC, CO, Splenda
2nd breakfast: cheese
Lunch: eggs, ground sirloin
Snack: Tea, CO, Splenda
Dinner: 1/2 Zone bar, cheese stick
Snack: cauliflower

Last edited by zay; 10-11-2012 at 05:48 PM..
zay is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #918
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
Hello, I did the best I could. I was out of town at my sons football game. Had to rush out and didn''t take the correct foods to eat but still did ok altogether.

Calories: 1692
Fat:140
Carb: 35
Pro: 75

74% fat/8% carb/18% protein

Breakfast: coffee, HWC, CO, Splenda
2nd breakfast: cheese
Lunch: eggs, ground sirloin
Dinner: 1/2 Zone bar, cheese stick
Snack: cauliflower
You did amazing in that situation!
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #919
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,805
Gallery: zay
Thanks Red! I'm really trying
zay is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:48 PM   #920
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,810
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/157/130
WOE: (80/15/5) keto family!
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
I'm proud of my menu today.. I thought it was going to be alot worse then it was but it was ok..

Tomorrow I have a shower (wedding shower) at work during lunch.. they ordered me a salad awwwwww lol
So tomorrow im not going to count my food and log it.. but I will be back to logging on Saturday. I'm feeling amazing already!

Calories: 1600
Fat: 147.3
Carbs: 23.1 Fiber: 4.7
Protein: 52.1
81%/13%/6%

Breakfast:
Hot tea with butter and hwc

2nd Breakfast:
cream cheese pumpkin pudding

Lunch:
1.5 egg omlet with 2oz cream cheese and tomato
2 slices of bacon and hot sauce

Dinner:
1/4th a pot of south west taco soup with pork instead of beef..
OH MY GOSH SOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!

my cals are a bit high but I like it that my fat is up there! i'm sure its because of the soup lol
__________________
Low carb isnt just my life style, its my hobby
*~OurLuvsFromAbove~* (Kerry/QueenBacon)
Mini Goals:
Fit into my Guess Black Skinny Jeans
"i may pause, but I don't stop"
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #921
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,805
Gallery: zay
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Log and numbers today.

Calories: 1494

Fat: 123
Pro: 82
Car: 18

Breakfast: CO & coffee.
Lunch: Eggs, bacon, jalapeno.
Dinner: Cauliflower, chicken, jalapeno, tomato.
End of Day: T of CO
Looks good!

Red likes jalape˝os. Do you eat them raw or pickled?
zay is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #922
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,810
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/157/130
WOE: (80/15/5) keto family!
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
I love spicy too!
hubby and I a few weeks ago made jalapenos stuffed with spicy italian sausage and wrapped in BACON!
SO AMAZING! but let me tell ya, after eating like 10 halves you were feeling it! lol
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #923
zay
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
zay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: DET
Posts: 3,805
Gallery: zay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
I'm proud of my menu today.. I thought it was going to be alot worse then it was but it was ok..

Tomorrow I have a shower (wedding shower) at work during lunch.. they ordered me a salad awwwwww lol
So tomorrow im not going to count my food and log it.. but I will be back to logging on Saturday. I'm feeling amazing already!

Calories: 1600
Fat: 147.3
Carbs: 23.1 Fiber: 4.7
Protein: 52.1
81%/13%/6%

Breakfast:
Hot tea with butter and hwc

2nd Breakfast:
cream cheese pumpkin pudding

Lunch:
1.5 egg omlet with 2oz cream cheese and tomato
2 slices of bacon and hot sauce

Dinner:
1/4th a pot of south west taco soup with pork instead of beef..
OH MY GOSH SOOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING!

my cals are a bit high but I like it that my fat is up there! i'm sure its because of the soup lol
Kerry, congrats on the good day! Good luck tomorrow. I will be trying out that Taco soup recipe soon. I see it in the recipe thread and Judy just posted the counts for it. So did you use ground pork, shoulder or did you cube it? Sounds good!
zay is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #924
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,810
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/157/130
WOE: (80/15/5) keto family!
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
Hello, I did the best I could. I was out of town at my sons football game. Had to rush out and didn''t take the correct foods to eat but still did ok altogether.

Calories: 1692
Fat:140
Carb: 35
Pro: 75

74% fat/8% carb/18% protein

Breakfast: coffee, HWC, CO, Splenda
2nd breakfast: cheese
Lunch: eggs, ground sirloin
Snack: Tea, CO, Splenda
Dinner: 1/2 Zone bar, cheese stick
Snack: cauliflower
you look like you did great! especially since you had half a zone bar...
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #925
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,810
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/157/130
WOE: (80/15/5) keto family!
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zay View Post
Kerry, congrats on the good day! Good luck tomorrow. I will be trying out that Taco soup recipe soon. I see it in the recipe thread and Judy just posted the counts for it. So did you use ground pork, shoulder or did you cube it? Sounds good!
I used ground pork. Right now times are tough, and ground pork is nice and fatty, and its a lot cheaper then ground beef. (I can get the pork sometimes for 2$ a pound!)
and instead of making it 6 servings we only made it 4 servings. I added the whole recepie on ****** then put all the nutrition in a custom food, then i made a serving .25

we are going to have it for dinner again tomorrow and I honestly can not wait, its so nice and spicy! makes me wanna shake a my rump lol
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #926
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,278
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Wow what a busy day,,,,,
My#
83/16/2
Butter-2 tbs
Cream cheese-6 tbs
Chicken-5 oz
Spinch-.50 cup
Stevia 1 pk
Onion-1 oz
1363 cals
129.3- fat
6.8 carbs

Not to bad and I went to gym walked on treadmill for 1 hour,,,now going to bed good night all
portcop01 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #927
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
I love spicy too!
hubby and I a few weeks ago made jalapenos stuffed with spicy italian sausage and wrapped in BACON!
SO AMAZING! but let me tell ya, after eating like 10 halves you were feeling it! lol


Om nom nom!
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #928
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy
 
QueenBacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brooklyn Ny
Posts: 6,810
Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/157/130
WOE: (80/15/5) keto family!
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD NIGHT!
QueenBacon is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #929
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Wow what a busy day,,,,,
My#
83/16/2
Butter-2 tbs
Cream cheese-6 tbs
Chicken-5 oz
Spinch-.50 cup
Stevia 1 pk
Onion-1 oz
1363 cals
129.3- fat
6.8 carbs

Not to bad and I went to gym walked on treadmill for 1 hour,,,now going to bed good night all
Looks good! Good night
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #930
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD NIGHT!
Good night
reddarin is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends« is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.