Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Decided to post my days calories/macros, etc. Was 7 PM and I had already had "dinner" and realized that I only had 800 calories, so I had some coconut milk (unsweetened) with a splash of HWC and 3/4 scoop of protein powder (I was only around 26 grams at that point).

So, ended with 1091 calories, 90.6 fat (77%), 46.3 protein (18%) and 13.6 total carbs (5%)

This is the lowest my calories have been...I was just not hungry today...guess my ketone reading might finally rise?? (no hunger) Didn't think I should end the day with 800 calories and 26 grams of protein (my minimum is 47) thus the shake.

Welcome solarpluvia....anyone else new I forgot to mention....apologies if so.

Buffy, your fatty meat sounds good to me!!!! :-) (especially the crisp parts)

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Hi Pat, first of all, quit delurking and stay in here where we can see you, we just don't know what kind of mischief you might be getting in to while out lurking around! Behave

Gotta have my coffee, that is my first thought when I wake up, yayyy, I get to go have coffee!
Buffy, now I'm terribly confused. This seems like such a relaxed, fun group that I was ready to sign on the dotted line first thing this morning, BUT your admonition to BEHAVE has put me off a bit. If eating that scrumptious sounding snack constitutes behaving, then I'm still in.

Pat
Old 10-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #303
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
weigh-in 10052012

Weigh-in this morning.... 192.8!

=)
Old 10-05-2012, 04:57 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post
Buffy, now I'm terribly confused. This seems like such a relaxed, fun group
We run a pretty tight ship around here and we actively discourage clowning around.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #305
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Welcome! I too enjoy considerable coffee...never measured the oz,
Actually, the only reason I know the ounces is because of the new thermos I got. It is 24 oz.

I brew my coffee a mug at a time with one of them plastic Melitta cone filters. The thermos is 24 oz. So it holds about two of them cups and weighing the water was the easiest way to make sure I got the right amount when I switched to brewing 2 cups directly into the thermos. After I knew how much water I needed it was easy to eyeball measure it and get it right every time. One full bottle and then enough out of the second bottle to be right under some of the text on the bottle label.

I think I was just putting 8oz or 16oz in the log before. ****** doesn't show coffee as a zero item for some reason.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: drjlocarb
Stats: 274 /219/190
WOE: vlc/NK
Start Date: LC-1999,jan2010 274 NK 1-1-13 at 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
We run a pretty tight ship around here and we actively discourage clowning around.
De-lurking..again, to say....LAIR,LAIR,PANTS ON FIRE!

That is all...carry on.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjlocarb View Post
De-lurking..again, to say....LAIR,LAIR,PANTS ON FIRE!

That is all...carry on.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I've taken note of that Major Sir and as soon as I finish typing this, I shall take myself off to the naughty step with a package of butter.

Pat
Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #309
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Ahhhh, I can see that Pat is going to fit right in here, snug as a bug in a mug of coconut oil. How snug can you be in a mug you say? Ask Major Red, who obviously lives in a constant vat of CO the way he is losing weight.

And Jlo, we are going to grease you up as well so that you can't just be lurking and delurking and sneaking in and out of here. How are we going to keep you in line?

tsk tsk tsk
Old 10-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #310
Big Yapper!!!!

Speaking of butter! I went to make some fat bombs yesterday, a double batch which would be 2 sticks of butter and alas, all I had left was my high priced grass fed butter. That I keep kind of aside to eat a little at a time on things, not cook with. Wish I could afford to use it all the time but yikes! So, talked Mr. Buff y into running to Walmart and picking up butter. Told him to just get whatever was the cheapest, 5 lbs. He comes back with 5 solid 1 lb blocks of butter, wrapped in paper. I mean, come on!!! I will use it and it will be fine but it is kind of nice to at least have a box to store it in and have the quarters wrapped with the little marks where a T is measured. What was that, 2 cents more a lb! When I questioned him about it, of course, his answer was: "you said to get the cheapest one they had". And to top it off, he parked right behind MY car on MY side of the garage! Good thing he turned around and left right away.

Pat, holler if you run out of buttah over in your corner there, I will throw you a block of this!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #311
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Actually, the only reason I know the ounces is because of the new thermos I got. It is 24 oz.

I brew my coffee a mug at a time with one of them plastic Melitta cone filters. The thermos is 24 oz. So it holds about two of them cups and weighing the water was the easiest way to make sure I got the right amount when I switched to brewing 2 cups directly into the thermos. After I knew how much water I needed it was easy to eyeball measure it and get it right every time. One full bottle and then enough out of the second bottle to be right under some of the text on the bottle label.

I think I was just putting 8oz or 16oz in the log before. ****** doesn't show coffee as a zero item for some reason.

, too much math for me early in the morning!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:05 AM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Weigh-in this morning.... 192.8!

=)
Holy sheet Batman!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #313
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Speaking of butter! I went to make some fat bombs yesterday, a double batch which would be 2 sticks of butter and alas, all I had left was my high priced grass fed butter. That I keep kind of aside to eat a little at a time on things, not cook with. Wish I could afford to use it all the time but yikes! So, talked Mr. Buff y into running to Walmart and picking up butter. Told him to just get whatever was the cheapest, 5 lbs. He comes back with 5 solid 1 lb blocks of butter, wrapped in paper. I mean, come on!!! I will use it and it will be fine but it is kind of nice to at least have a box to store it in and have the quarters wrapped with the little marks where a T is measured. What was that, 2 cents more a lb! When I questioned him about it, of course, his answer was: "you said to get the cheapest one they had". And to top it off, he parked right behind MY car on MY side of the garage! Good thing he turned around and left right away.

Pat, holler if you run out of buttah over in your corner there, I will throw you a block of this!
LOL! I didn't even know butter came that way!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

My brisket was swimming in fat, I then chopped it, incorporating all the fat and the crispy parts. Wow, was it yummy. I know that it was more than 50% fat to meat, so I guess perfect for this WOE. Since it was beef, Mr. Buff ate it as well, he doesn't eat chicken or fish so most of the time, he or I fix him something different than what I am eating.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #315
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Old 10-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #316
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
LOL! I didn't even know butter came that way!
It had been a long time since I had seen it packaged that way too. I swear he does things like that so that I won't send him on these errands but he is wrong, I will continue to do so.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #317
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
It had been a long time since I had seen it packaged that way too. I swear he does things like that so that I won't send him on these errands but he is wrong, I will continue to do so.
I must defend my fellow man.

You girls give us instructions. We follow them. To the letter or risk grave consequences for any creative interpretation of said instructions.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Quote:

You girls give us instructions. We follow them. To the letter or risk grave consequences for any creative interpretation of said instructions.

OMG...you sound like my husband!!!!

Congratulations big time on yet another loss. Woo hoo for you! I'm really happy that things are progressing so well....you'll be at your goal in no time!

Pat...welcome! You definitely fit right in.

drjlowcarb......LOVED your comment!!!! made me laugh out loud!

Be back later....am off for my walk with the neighbors/dogs and it's a toasty 29 degrees!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

I will say, the instructions do have to be precise, and exact, and often accompanied with a picture, but, the fact that you will run such errands is priceless!!!

In his efforts to please the woman in his life, DH has a habit of doing this: If she asks for 2 bananas, then I will please her with 2 bunches of bananas, pre LC of course. If she wants 1 bag of something, then if I get her a dozen, then maybe I won't have to go back to store, but he fails to consider that things do expire. Are men complex? Are men stupid? I think men are just very very wiley, and think, if I just screw it up a little, then she will do this stupid errand herself next time.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

lol

I can see Mr. Buffy mulling it over in the store staring at the vast assortment of butter.

'Gah! Lookit all this butter! Lessee. This is a big block. That seems inconvenient to me. But. It *is* the cheapest.'

[Mental pre-calculations] Look around nonchalantly to see what women are buying. Wander over to milk area casually looking back at butter area for more nondescript spying.
[Mental satisfaction] Note other men in the area trying to decipher wifely instructions.
[Mental calculations] Review instructions: 'Just buy the cheapest'.
[Mental calculations] 'Can she really have wanted a big block?'
[Mental calculations] 'Review instructions: 'Cheapest'.
[Mental calculations] 'Well heck. Must go with cheapest or I'll get in trouble'.

heh
Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #321
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post

Be back later....am off for my walk with the neighbors/dogs and it's a toasty 29 degrees!
Shelley, be careful, be very careful when you walk a neighbor's dog. Just go to the Playground and read "The doorbell rang" thread. It's got over 60,000 views and is such a good read that it's guaranteed to keep you from doing anything but read it for the next few days.

Thanks for the welome.

Pat
Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #322
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Deb34
Over 90% fat donut holes from the recipe suggestions board

Donut Holes post #1

Donut Holes with Pictures post #231

here are the important nutrition info for these babies: Per Serving: 162 Calories; 17g Fat (93.6% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber
--a million thanks to SKEETER for creating these!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #323
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
lol

I can see Mr. Buffy mulling it over in the store staring at the vast assortment of butter.

'Gah! Lookit all this butter! Lessee. This is a big block. That seems inconvenient to me. But. It *is* the cheapest.'

[Mental pre-calculations] Look around nonchalantly to see what women are buying. Wander over to milk area casually looking back at butter area for more nondescript spying.
[Mental satisfaction] Note other men in the area trying to decipher wifely instructions.
[Mental calculations] Review instructions: 'Just buy the cheapest'.
[Mental calculations] 'Can she really have wanted a big block?'
[Mental calculations] 'Review instructions: 'Cheapest'.
[Mental calculations] 'Well heck. Must go with cheapest or I'll get in trouble'.

heh

He said he even asked a clerk, "Is this real butter?"
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #324
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patlaf View Post
Shelley, be careful, be very careful when you walk a neighbor's dog. Just go to the Playground and read "The doorbell rang" thread. It's got over 60,000 views and is such a good read that it's guaranteed to keep you from doing anything but read it for the next few days.

Thanks for the welome.

Pat
Pat, I just heard about that thread yesterday, must read the whole thing some night when I can't sleep, or need something to read, sounds like quite a story!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb34 View Post
Donut Holes post #1

Donut Holes with Pictures post #231

here are the important nutrition info for these babies: Per Serving: 162 Calories; 17g Fat (93.6% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber
--a million thanks to SKEETER for creating these!
WANT TO TRY!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Here's my go breakfast/lunch for workdays and on the go food

I did my own version of the Pumpkin Smoothie from the other NK thread.

I worked everything out for a single serving and a double sizer for days when I have to take breaky and lunch with me.

Quote:
Single Serving:

1/3 c. canned pumpkin
¼ c. HWC
1 scoop Vanilla torte Prt pwdr
1 oz. cream cheese
3 tbsp light olive oil
¼ tsp molasses
½ c. water(or more for thinner shake)
Pinch of ginger cinnamon ginger nutmeg

Calories 794
Fat 73
Protein 27
Carbs 10.2

Double Serving:

2/3 c. canned pumpkin
½ c. HWC
2 scoops Vanilla Prt pwd
2 oz. cream cheese
6 tbsp light olive oil
¼ tsp molasses
1 c. water(or more for thinner shake)
Pinch of ginger cinnamon nutmeg

Calories 1579
Fat 145.3
Protein 54.5
Carb 19.1

FAT 81 %

PROTEIN 13%

CARBS 5%

Last edited by Deb34; 10-05-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Old 10-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #327
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

LMBO! My husband says the same thing. More often than not he will call me from the grocery store, product in hand, to tell me what exactly he has chosen. He wants to ensure he has chosen an acceptable brand, in the amount needed, at a cost that is acceptable. I can't just say, "Honey, please pick up diet root beer", even though he has seen me drink it many many times. Nope, he always double checks.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I swear he does things like that so that I won't send him on these errands but he is wrong, I will continue to do so.
Love this! I think you are absolutely right!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Hi all.!!sounds like all doing petty good!I did lose .50 from the 2 lb gain..it shows if you eat out they must put stuff in our food ,,2 lb is a lot not to cheat...but back on track...
Work was good but I'm getting old,but can still keep up pretty good with the young one..

Morning I had to get up and run to sell apples for my ladies group,so I had a fat bomb then came home had 3.5 pork roast..
Old 10-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
My trick is eggwhites! :-)
care to elaborate? do you beat up an egg white and then dip the fish in it and then roll in the almond flour?
Closed Thread