Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #871
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to All!

Tablis, I have never done net carb, some do; I am simply not a good counter, and there you go! I agree the 20 was a mindset that I ranked "impossible"...but after you have been on NK for a while, you really won't crave more. I had issues with the potty on high protein, low carb...but when I increased magnesium (any kind but oxide, unless you need more potty help for a few hours!), gradually increased it, 200, 300, 400 (is the recommendation for heart health)...up to max all sources 1000 daily...which is probably a bit high...I take 800 a day, morning and evening with food. Malate and Citrate are the best for heart health and other things too...

Amen Kristn! I think the worry about breast cancer and increased risk of heart issues murked the waters for a few years....many years! Long term studies are finding perhaps they should revisit... But you know, you let one of us go blastic due to hormones and more studies will pop up fast! I believe in quality of life over misery extensions any day!

Jilly, hope you had fun! My goodness, we had so many walking trick-or-treaters, it was great to see everyone out and having a good time! Check in with us, we want to know you are okay.

Cathy, I love your meal pics! I wish I had your motivation for this level of wonderful presentation.

Jessip, you are doing great! Hopes that the starve will go away fast!

Sutton, I LOL at the "devil oil" sorry, but it doesn't agree with me either! I know many love it, I stick with butter, coconut oil for cooking, coconut butter/cream/milk, olive, almond, walnut and mac nut oils....

Wow webwoman, what a report! See post on magnesium for potty issues. I have 100% turned that issue around for me.

Sandy, that's a good thing to do, I will alert my "younger" friends. I should have done at mid-forties, 48 or 49. Denial of the obvious aging process is my guess on why I got caught off-guard.

Judy, the coconut cream I buy is unsweetened, and 1 cup is 170 calories. No way I can ever consume more than 4 T at a time. Trader Joe's has the best, in a brown can...but Kristn has a different brand that I forget the name.

Omatic, how are your migraines? Mine have been helped a lot recently, even with allergy season slapping us in the head here. I take the same kind, Mag Mal 400 morning; then a mixed one 400 in the evening.

Shelley, almond flour makes me trigger too...so I put it away until the holidays.

Last edited by SouthernGirl61; 10-31-2012 at 07:47 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #872
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jesship
Stats: 160/126/115
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Feb 2012
Hey guys! Made it through trick or treating with my two kiddos without eating any candy I had a nice bowl of guacamole waiting for me when we got home. Will prob let the girls have some more candy tomorrow and then try to hide it Does anyone else have kids at home...do you restrict their sugar/carbs?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #873
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: tablis
WOE: NK
Start Date: 10/29/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Tablis, I have never done net carb, some do; I am simply not a good counter, and there you go! I agree the 20 was a mindset that I ranked "impossible"...but after you have been on NK for a while, you really won't crave more. I had issues with the potty on high protein, low carb...but when I increased magnesium (any kind but oxide, unless you need more potty help for a few hours!), gradually increased it, 200, 300, 400 (is the recommendation for heart health)...up to max all sources 1000 daily...which is probably a bit high...I take 800 a day, morning and evening with food. Malate and Citrate are the best for heart health and other things too...
Hi thanks. Constipation is a huge issue for me the second I reduce the vegs.
Which is why I like the net carb thing since you could get in a decent amount of vegs. But I'm very excited about this NK thing and happy to eat less carbs, if its gonna make me finally lose!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #874
Senior LCF Member

I made fat bombs. I still have to get used to the CO but this is definitely a step up and they look like cheats and are very pretty. I would upload a pic if I could figure out how The recipe is basically like everyone else's except i added vanilla and mint extract. If someone knows of any problem using extracts pls let me know

I started small as a test. Made 8 chocolate almond and 8 chocolate mint.

1/2 Cup CO
1/2 Cup almond paste
1/2 Cup Cocoa
4 tsps splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract

I measured a tbsp of the above mixture into 8 tiny paper cupcake holders. Then I stuck in 5 roasted almonds so most is submerged but the top sticks out in the shape of a flower.

Then I added a tiny bit of mint extract to the rest and did 8 like that. that would be yummier with a crushed no carb mint candy mixed in but I want to avoid sugar alcohols.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:09 AM   #875
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesship View Post
Hey guys! Made it through trick or treating with my two kiddos without eating any candy I had a nice bowl of guacamole waiting for me when we got home. Will prob let the girls have some more candy tomorrow and then try to hide it Does anyone else have kids at home...do you restrict their sugar/carbs?
WTG its really hard when are the carbs are in your face!
I have kids and have always limited sugar/carbs/white flour. That's not to say eliminated. Meaning they only drink water, we only have healthy snacks except rare occasions, and carbs come from grains and vegetables mostly. I don't limit quantities of carbs but I only serve healthy carbs. Like rice, barley or buckwheat instead of noodles or mashed potatoes -although I'm switching to quinoa a lot bc now rice seems to be on the bad list too...

I do use some sugar when I make bread, I try to mostly use WWF but not always. I use splenda and I hope that's going to be ok. I only use it to make ketchup and chocolate milk. My kids love ketchup but the bought stuff is so full of sugar I make my own with splenda and the same with the chocolate milk.

But you know what, still a couple of my kids are a bit overweight. I don't want to limit carb gms the way I do for myself when they are kids bc i'm afraid to do it yet I see how their friends eat junk food and drink sweet drinks and are skinny as sticks. My kids are not and they only eat healthy stuff. Who knows what they would look like if I brought candy in the house though..

Last edited by tablis; 11-01-2012 at 02:10 AM..
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #876
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Good morning everyone!!

I have started a new November Nutritional Ketosis thread: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...l#post16051071

Please continue the conversation over there! I will be asking the moderators to close this thread shortly and we don't want to miss anyone!!
Closed Thread