Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Joe tell us more!!I no nuts and cheese are my big trouble makers,

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

I also notice that the more fat I eat in am I eat less thru out day,
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #453
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Nuts are so delicious and good for us. And it's hard to keep to a simple serving size once you start eating them! I like walnuts, and I think because they are not salty, they are a LITTLE easier to practice portion control with. But now you know that, at least for now, nuts are not your friend. Sounds like you really have a handle on things!
Nuts are sadly pretty high in carbs if one is to overdo and it doesn't take much to enter that 'over do realm'. According to the USDA, 1 cup of almonds (dry roasted, no salt) contains almost 30g of carbs. Admittedly, that is a large amount of almonds but I could do it over a few hours if I were not watching. The other issue for me is almond flour.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #454
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I seem to be able to eat nuts and cheese but on the nuts, I have to carefully weigh out a portion, then put the container back, usually in the freezer.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMcKnitty View Post
Hey, everyone! Can anyone join the thread, or is there a secret initiation or something?

I just ordered my ketone meter. I don't know where I'm going to order the strips from yet (I think the meter only comes with a couple). Anyway, I look forward to hanging with you guys. I also look forward to seeing what the wine I love to drink is doing to my ketone levels.
Kitty! No secret initiation--everyone is welcome. We appreciate hearing about people's experience with this since the concept is so new and we're all just learning what works for us.

I hope that you have better results than I did with wine. It just wasn't working for me (both with ketones and hangovers--and I love the stuff).

Which meter did you order? American Diabetes Warehouse has the best "regular" prices on the Nova Max Plus ketone strips that I've found. I don't use the Precision meter, but I believe that there's a Canadian Pharmacy that has those strips at a decent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Drats Shelley, on CVS saying they no longer carry them. If they sold out, wouldn't that be a good reason to carry them??
This is bad news. Their sales were so great on the strips. I am now considering buying over $100 worth of strips on ADW to get the free shipping. I may wait to see if they have another promotion, I think the last one was Labor Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeEO View Post
Since I added bullet-proof intermittent fasting to my regimen..essentially drinking bullet-proof coffee in the AM and then lunch and dinner I have had pretty solid blood ketone levels (around 4.0 yesterday afternoon for example) Which has really killed my appetite.
I'm glad to hear that this is working for you!

Quote:
Yesterday I purchased several different varieties of wicked "yummy" blue diamond almonds (insert you own personal favorite - mine is "salt and vinegar") ... as I said the were extra "yummy" so I perhaps overindulged, which then lead me to overindulge during dinner (I had a extra large portion of protein - probably 2X what I should have eaten)....this was really my first "cheat" since August.

Several years ago, I lost about 90 lbs eating a carb restricted diet and intermittent fasting. I've been weight stable (above my ideal weight) for a while which has lead me to low-carb and NK. The only thing I have learned in regard to weight loss to be absolutely true is to not eat food that that stimulate your hunger.

When we talk about foods that stimulate your hunger 99 out 100 times we are talking about carbs - but there are other food that are low-carb friendly that stimulate your hunger and nuts are one of them - I think maybe cheese is another.

I took my blood ketone levels this AM after yesterday's overindulgence and was at 1.4...so I guess I wasn't too bad....and I am sure my wife and kids are going to ensure that the "yummy' nuts don't last too long.
Joe--how is the weight loss going with NK? It's great to hear that you've been able to get into strong ketosis. I know that when you first posted here you were struggling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Nuts are sadly pretty high in carbs if one is to overdo and it doesn't take much to enter that 'over do realm'. According to the USDA, 1 cup of almonds (dry roasted, no salt) contains almost 30g of carbs. Admittedly, that is a large amount of almonds but I could do it over a few hours if I were not watching. The other issue for me is almond flour.
You're right, unless you are really disciplined to eat a small amount, nuts aren't really a low carb food. I could definitely eat a cup (or more) of nuts mindlessly.

Quote:
I seem to be able to eat nuts and cheese but on the nuts, I have to carefully weigh out a portion, then put the container back, usually in the freezer.
If you can do it, this is probably the best strategy for only eating a small amount of nuts. I find that I can eat both nuts and cheese this way if they're integrated into my eating plan for the day. If I tell myself I can just have a handful of nuts or a few slices of cheese as a snack without measuring it really gets out of hand quickly.
257/144.8/150
BF% Goal 26%/20%/20%
February Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?
Nutritional Ketosis Thread Information and Posts of Interest
My Maintenance Journal
Original weight 2001--257 Maintaining 165-175 from 2002-March 2012
March 2012 to August 2012--175/150 Made Goal 8/27/12!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! It's great so see some new faces and some old ones coming out of the woodwork.

Yesterday I tested blood ketones 4 times during the day to try and see what was going on:
6am: .3
9:30am (after kettlebell class): .4
1:00pm (before lunch): 1.0
5:30pm (before dinner): 1.5

So I'm definitely getting some ketones going during the day. I think getting back to kettlebells will definitely help. I had 4 ounces of mascarpone cheese for lunch and then dinner at our neighbors which was filet with celeriac puree and brussels sprouts. I probably had more veggies than I normally would, but kept the filet to probably 4-5 ounces. I did have several vodka/soda cocktails, but didn't drink too much. All-in-all I felt pretty good about the whole day's eating.

This morning my ketones were .6. I hope that this is a sign that they're creeping back up! My weight was down 1 pound to 148.4 which surprised me as I'm sore all over from the kettlebell class and expected a gain from that. But I'll take it anyway.

The mac nuts are out of my eating plan for now. While I'm sorry to see them go, I think I need to get a better handle on the portions of these and taking a total break for a while seems to work best for me.

How is everyone else doing this morning?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #457
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Speaking of nuts I have no problem if I buy unsalted unflavored. It's the flavored ones that I can't stop at a serving (habenero bbq or cocoa roast are my two favorites).

I try to stick to mac or hazelnuts, or occasionally almonds with no flavoring. A bit boring, but that's what I need! I also do pecans when they go on sale here. Little harder to control those!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KittyMcKnitty
Stats: >165/135/120
WOE: Paleo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
Kitty! No secret initiation--everyone is welcome. We appreciate hearing about people's experience with this since the concept is so new and we're all just learning what works for us.

I hope that you have better results than I did with wine. It just wasn't working for me (both with ketones and hangovers--and I love the stuff).
Thanks for the welcomes. I hate to hear this about wine. I should just abstain, but what fun is that? I tried to switch to vodka, but that was an unmitigated disaster.

Quote:
Which meter did you order? American Diabetes Warehouse has the best "regular" prices on the Nova Max Plus ketone strips that I've found. I don't use the Precision meter, but I believe that there's a Canadian Pharmacy that has those strips at a decent price.
I think it was the Nova Max Plus (it was a free offer). I'll check out ADW. Thanks for the tip!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #459
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeEO
Quote:

Joe--how is the weight loss going with NK? It's great to hear that you've been able to get into strong ketosis. I know that when you first posted here you were struggling.
I have gotten pretty mediocre weight loss results to be honest (I think my body composition might be improved).

The primary reason I am on this diet is to address my insulin resistance/ metabolic syndrome - the weight loss is somewhat secondary (though I think my health wound be improved if I dropped the last 30-40 pounds)

As far as this WOE - The thing that I have changed is that I am no longer trying to get to 80-85 percent fat in my diet. That was really affecting my quality of life because I found myself drinking olive oil, butter or coconut oil in the absence of other food to make that ratio - while being constantly hungry.....so now I am ketosis. I more or less doing low-carb portion control
- meaning that I measure everything and eat 3 or 4 "go to" meals that I know are appropriate for NK - keeping my protein around 80 grams, carbs around 20 and the rest fat.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #460
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning everyone. I am doing well and very happy with NK WOE. I hit a new low this morning and will post an update to my weight in my siggy tomorrow. It is interesting to see how it seesaws back and forth, but every once in a while, I see a new low peeking out at me from my scale and that makes it all worthwhile. Occasionally I get a little discouraged at how slow the weight loss is now, but to be honest, most all of the time, I am ok with that. Mainly because I love the foods I am eating, they are so yummy with all the extra butter, cream, etc. and the biggest motivation has to be the improvement I am seeing in my blood glucose readings. Being a type 2 diabetic, I have known ever since I found out I had it that I "should" get back to LC but I was lazy for 4 years and let the medications do the work for me, keeping my A1C down where it should be, etc. But, deep down, I had this nagging thought that even though it was showing good numbers, all that spiking and lowering of my BS due to how I was eating, was not doing my insides any good. I have been able to lower my meds just a little and my BG readings are amazing. Appetite reduced to "normal"? since being in constant ketosis, which is so wonderful, that feeling of control that I have now.
Just yesterday, I was at the Dr.s office and my BP reading was "great" as the nurse put it. Now, I am still on 3 BP meds, but I really expect to start lowering the doses of those or getting off one or more as I progress into this WOE. The Dr. has already cut out the diuretic part of one of them.
I am not exercising yet and am older so I don't expect to lose weight fast and really, my goal is higher than the charts show my weight should be for my height, etc. But, I don't want to be a skinny old women, we need a little fat on us to help fill out that skin and keep the wrinkles at bay!

So now, I begin this 8th week on my new WOE. NK rocks! I started out with the goal of trying it for 2 weeks, now I have no intention of stopping.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Morning everyone. I am doing well and very happy with NK WOE. I hit a new low this morning and will post an update to my weight in my siggy tomorrow. It is interesting to see how it seesaws back and forth, but every once in a while, I see a new low peeking out at me from my scale and that makes it all worthwhile. Occasionally I get a little discouraged at how slow the weight loss is now, but to be honest, most all of the time, I am ok with that. Mainly because I love the foods I am eating, they are so yummy with all the extra butter, cream, etc. and the biggest motivation has to be the improvement I am seeing in my blood glucose readings. Being a type 2 diabetic, I have known ever since I found out I had it that I "should" get back to LC but I was lazy for 4 years and let the medications do the work for me, keeping my A1C down where it should be, etc. But, deep down, I had this nagging thought that even though it was showing good numbers, all that spiking and lowering of my BS due to how I was eating, was not doing my insides any good. I have been able to lower my meds just a little and my BG readings are amazing. Appetite reduced to "normal"? since being in constant ketosis, which is so wonderful, that feeling of control that I have now.
Just yesterday, I was at the Dr.s office and my BP reading was "great" as the nurse put it. Now, I am still on 3 BP meds, but I really expect to start lowering the doses of those or getting off one or more as I progress into this WOE. The Dr. has already cut out the diuretic part of one of them.
I am not exercising yet and am older so I don't expect to lose weight fast and really, my goal is higher than the charts show my weight should be for my height, etc. But, I don't want to be a skinny old women, we need a little fat on us to help fill out that skin and keep the wrinkles at bay!

So now, I begin this 8th week on my new WOE. NK rocks! I started out with the goal of trying it for 2 weeks, now I have no intention of stopping.
Congratulations on 8 weeks and a new low Buffy!!! And what amazing results you've had besides weight loss. Health is really the number one goal in all of this and you're doing such a fantastic job. Plus you're so supportive of everyone--you're really an inspiration!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #462
Big Yapper!!!!

ahhh, shucks!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #463
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeEO View Post
I have gotten pretty mediocre weight loss results to be honest (I think my body composition might be improved).

The primary reason I am on this diet is to address my insulin resistance/ metabolic syndrome - the weight loss is somewhat secondary (though I think my health wound be improved if I dropped the last 30-40 pounds)
I'm sorry to hear that your weight loss has not been what you hoped. Has NK helped the IR and metabolic syndrome?

Quote:
As far as this WOE - The thing that I have changed is that I am no longer trying to get to 80-85 percent fat in my diet. That was really affecting my quality of life because I found myself drinking olive oil, butter or coconut oil in the absence of other food to make that ratio - while being constantly hungry.....so now I am ketosis. I more or less doing low-carb portion control
- meaning that I measure everything and eat 3 or 4 "go to" meals that I know are appropriate for NK - keeping my protein around 80 grams, carbs around 20 and the rest fat.
This is great advice for getting and staying in NK. I'm glad that it's working for you and hopefully you'll eventually see weight-loss success. Have you had a hormone/metabolic work-up to see if something else is getting in the way of weight-loss?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #464
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Jimmy Moore has been very tight lipped on what he actually eats but he did say on a recent podcast, that he doesn't eat any nuts - even macadamia, because they make him hungry. I thought that interesting.

Those of you that are seeing success with NK, are you eating nuts at all?
There's a recent podcast interview of Jimmy Moore where he reports his typical day's NK food as a big high fat breakfast (sausage, eggs, butter, sour cream, avocado) and then maybe sausage and avocado for dinner. My sense is that he's been eating this same sort of thing over and over.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMcKnitty View Post
Hey, everyone! Can anyone join the thread, or is there a secret initiation or something?

I just ordered my ketone meter. I don't know where I'm going to order the strips from yet (I think the meter only comes with a couple). Anyway, I look forward to hanging with you guys. I also look forward to seeing what the wine I love to drink is doing to my ketone levels.
Hi, Kitty! I'm glad that you are joining us. I've really enjoyed your posts on the main bulletin board. I hope NK works well for you.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #466
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Hi, Kitty! I'm glad that you are joining us. I've really enjoyed your posts on the main bulletin board. I hope NK works well for you.
Thanks!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Kitty, I too, have enjoyed your posts on other threads. Glad to have you join us. It's too bad those strips are sooo darn expensive, and you really don't have to have them, but, for some of us, they are so reassuring to be able to test and know when we are in the "zone" of ketosis.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bobbin
WOE: High fat, moderate protein, low carb
I'd like to join too...I couldn't sleep last night, and ended up ordering the books, a tester and strips at 4:00 am! I guess there's no second thought at this point, I'm all in with the $$ I ended up spending. I even ended up trying to put together a few days worth of meals on fit day to see how things shake out. I have a feeling I'll be eating a lot of eggs, butter, coconut oil and high fat yogurt at the beginning, until I can figure it out. It seems like it's easier to just eat super simple foods in order to get the ratios in line...

Does anyone here eat yogurt? I make my own with whole grass milk mixed with heavy cream, so I know it's super high fat. Hopefully dairy is permitted once I really learn all about it, because I love my yogurt!!

Edit to add: I don't like super fatty meat, it's a tactile thing - anyone else like this and how do you adjust?

Last edited by Bobbin; 10-21-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Old 10-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #469
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Bobbin. High fat yogurt should be fine, so long as you don't stall on dairy and keep your total macronutrients in line (low carb, moderate protein, the rest fat).

I don't use high fat meat--other than occasional bacon cooked with chard--to get fat into my diet. Instead, I cook recipes calling for generous amounts of cream or sour cream, and eat avocodo, full-fat salad dressings, mayonnaise, triple cream cheeses, macademia nuts, butter on vegetables, and coconut butter. Other than "high-fat" fish like salmon, I prefer lean meat but then douse it with sauces containing fat.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #470
Big Yapper!!!!

Bobbin. I eat some full fat greek yogurt and seem to do ok on it. As far as the meats, although I do like fatty meats, if it is lean, then I put plenty of butter on it, love just butter, salt and pepper on things. I have had no problem getting the fat % up high, but I love cream, butter, eggs, all the fatty things. Oh, and coconut oil, lots of ways to use that, just don't start in and use too much of it at first, gradually work up on it. It can cause tummy issues with some people if they add too much too soon.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
There's a recent podcast interview of Jimmy Moore where he reports his typical day's NK food as a big high fat breakfast (sausage, eggs, butter, sour cream, avocado) and then maybe sausage and avocado for dinner. My sense is that he's been eating this same sort of thing over and over.
Interesting. I also like eating mostly the same stuff every day. I do like to have a substantial dinner though. I know that it's more habit than necessity, but I like the ritual of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbin View Post
I'd like to join too...I couldn't sleep last night, and ended up ordering the books, a tester and strips at 4:00 am! I guess there's no second thought at this point, I'm all in with the $$ I ended up spending. I even ended up trying to put together a few days worth of meals on fit day to see how things shake out. I have a feeling I'll be eating a lot of eggs, butter, coconut oil and high fat yogurt at the beginning, until I can figure it out. It seems like it's easier to just eat super simple foods in order to get the ratios in line...

Does anyone here eat yogurt? I make my own with whole grass milk mixed with heavy cream, so I know it's super high fat. Hopefully dairy is permitted once I really learn all about it, because I love my yogurt!!

Edit to add: I don't like super fatty meat, it's a tactile thing - anyone else like this and how do you adjust?
Bobbin! As Buffy and Sven pointed out, as long as you're tracking protein/carbs/fat high-fat yogurt can be part of that.

Not sure about the lean meat thing, I love fatty meat. The best thing to do is track what you're eating and add butter, fatty sauces, avocados, etc. to up your fat if your meat is lean and you're not getting enough fat.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: One maur time
WOE: Atkins, lchf, nk
Start Date: 01/15/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I also notice that the more fat I eat in am I eat less thru out day,
I agree! Definitely can set the tone for the day!
Maureen
Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #473
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning everyone! It's great so see some new faces and some old ones coming out of the woodwork.

Yesterday I tested blood ketones 4 times during the day to try and see what was going on:
6am: .3
9:30am (after kettlebell class): .4
1:00pm (before lunch): 1.0
5:30pm (before dinner): 1.5

So I'm definitely getting some ketones going during the day. I think getting back to kettlebells will definitely help. I had 4 ounces of mascarpone cheese for lunch and then dinner at our neighbors which was filet with celeriac puree and brussels sprouts. I probably had more veggies than I normally would, but kept the filet to probably 4-5 ounces. I did have several vodka/soda cocktails, but didn't drink too much. All-in-all I felt pretty good about the whole day's eating.

This morning my ketones were .6. I hope that this is a sign that they're creeping back up! My weight was down 1 pound to 148.4 which surprised me as I'm sore all over from the kettlebell class and expected a gain from that. But I'll take it anyway.

The mac nuts are out of my eating plan for now. While I'm sorry to see them go, I think I need to get a better handle on the portions of these and taking a total break for a while seems to work best for me.

How is everyone else doing this morning?
Hi Kristn
I think the nuts are a definite issue. I have found that buying the pre-portioned packs from trader joes helps to keep over consumption at bay. Today I tried to skip almost all carbs to see if that impacts on ketones. I had pork rinds as a snack. They are ok if you don't smell them otherwise- scary.

Today I tried making the cream cheese cocoa blend with that new sweetener from monk fruit. I added a little creme fraiche , and a couple of tablespoons of coconut milk to see how that works. Going to let it set up in the fridge.

Way to go on the 1 lb down
I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!
Maureen
Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

I made fish for dinner,first time I tried it with the pork rinds.wow it was good.i ground the the pork rinds up like flour.then I took olive oil and garlic rolled the raw fish in it,then in the pork rinds and deep fried them wow was good!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hi to all! Welcome Kitty! Another Texan in the mix, very good.

Kitty, I love wine, in fact another crate just arrived that DH ordered. I only drink red wines for the most part, and I have found that 4-5oz, no more than 6 oz, every other day or so doesn't seem to cause issues. however, if I dare go over that amount, it messes with everything! Too much and I rise and shine at 4am, and that doesn't work well for a long day; then it will stall me and I bounce weight a day or so. So I found a great smaller glass to trick myself that I am still getting my wine!

Yea Kristn, you are back in the groove!

Joe, what do you put in the Bullet Proof Coffee? I remember a discussion about it in Sept posts, but I wouldn't dream of going back to search.

Deborah, I love walnuts too, and so far, there's no way I can over eat them. They are so very heart healthy and full of minerals. We love to roast them in melted butter.

Buffy, you are such an inspiration to us all. Congrats on new low and fantastic doc visit. I have a friend who is Type II and I have tried and tired to get her to "just peak" at NK. She is stuck on low fat, mod carbs (Ha!), and she is gaining and getting worse. I am very worried about her. You seem to get friends to join in, how are they doing...and how is your DD doing on NK? Post-op she is doing okay too?

Hi Sven, I don't know if I could eat the same thing like Jimmy over and over...do you vary your foods daily? I try to, and DH will not eat the same thing two days straight!

Hi Bobbin, Welcome! My DH eats greek yogurt daily, high fat, has lost 40lbs on LC (NK sort of, he doesn't really know it, I just cook, he eats!)....but I cannot eat yogurt, texture issues! I eat dairy, cheese, some cottage cheese now and then; and I love ricotta cheese with nuts and cream cheese mixed in!

I second everyone on loving butter! That stuff makes nearly anything wonderful.

Maureen, the new sweetner with monk fruit....is it in an orange box? maybe from Splenda company? A couple of us were looking at it today at grocery, and we noticed it contains sugar! What the ??!! We put it back and I figured a bit of research was needed. Congrats on your loss, that is great!
Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #476
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Buffy, you are such an inspiration to us all. Congrats on new low and fantastic doc visit. I have a friend who is Type II and I have tried and tired to get her to "just peak" at NK. She is stuck on low fat, mod carbs (Ha!), and she is gaining and getting worse. I am very worried about her. You seem to get friends to join in, how are they doing...and how is your DD doing on NK? Post-op she is doing okay too?

!
Ahh, thanks, I love coming to the boards and I do it to help me, if I can help others, that is absolutely wonderful. I get inspiration here and always want to help others on their journey.

I have friends who say they are interested but to be honest, none has stepped on the bus yet, of course though, they are going to as soon as.......................... I don't ask about it, they have to be ready.

Ok, on the DD, I actually have 3. I have been talking about 2 of them here on the board. One of them started NK about 2 weeks after I did and she is doing great on it and LOVES it. She is so happy to finally feel in control, she just can't get over it and she has lost 10 lbs. I am so happy to have her join me in this and we are enjoying doing it together. Then, I was also talking about another DD, she is the one who just had surgery. She is doing fine and right now is reading Wheat Belly. She is interested but only needs to lose like 10 lbs or so. I told her that just cutting back on carbs may be all she needs to do, she might not be so insulin resistant that I truly believe the other DD is. She is just getting her toes wet right now and I also told her that while she is recuperating from surgery, she probably shouldn't make any big changes to her diet, just cut out the junk carbs for right now.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #477
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I made fish for dinner,first time I tried it with the pork rinds.wow it was good.i ground the the pork rinds up like flour.then I took olive oil and garlic rolled the raw fish in it,then in the pork rinds and deep fried them wow was good!
Sounds really good PC, what type of fish did you use? I love tilapia because it is such a mild fish.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #478
Senior LCF Member

I just cooked 3 hamburger patties, baked 4 tilapia filets, made deviled eggs and fixed 4 cups of broccoli soup in the Magic Bullet. This morning I made a batch of fat bombs. Heat and eat for the rest of the week! Woo-hoo!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #479
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Dear Buffy
Congratulations! Each time the DR. lowers your meds - that is such a milestone! Everyone needs to learn from your example - that as long as you stick to the dietary principals- this NK works! I agree not having runaway munches is a huge benefit as well!
Way to go!
Maureen
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #480
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Port Cop:

Great post! My DH has been desperately missing veal parmigiana and I bought an extra bag with that intention. Thanks for the endorsement.
maureen
Closed Thread