Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #421
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Thanks

Judy, Texas is kind of known for alien activity

Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #422
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: One maur time
WOE: Atkins, lchf, nk
Start Date: 01/15/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I just had a little light bulb moment--for all NKers, perhaps....

Years ago, I read this book called The Shangri-La Diet.
The main thing you're supposed to do is eat 200-400 flavorless calories* (like light olive oil) a day; after a few days, it causes massive appetite suppression. The "trick" is, you must not have any flavors in your mouth for an hour before and an hour after. So, no gum or toothpaste or drinks of any kind besides plain water.

This may have sounded cuckoo-banana-pants to mainstream dieters a few years ago, but there's that whole "low-food-reward" movement now...maybe this is the grand-daddy of that!

It can be a little tricky to find that two-hour window, but if y'all are going long periods of the day not being hungry, it might not be that difficult.

I also used to do it in the middle of the night if I woke up to go to the bathroom, or if I woke up really early; I'd have some oil, drink some warm water (helped the oil go down easier than cold water), and just go back to bed & read for a while.

IIRC, you can also add the oil to a bottle of water and just give it a good shake before taking a sip. It will take a bit longer this way, so you'll have to give yourself a bigger window, but it's an option if you can't take oil right off a spoon.

Gosh! I haven't thought of this for quite a while; might have to try it again. Too bad I just brushed my teeth!

Anyway...NK + Shangri-La oil technique...could be perfect together???

*Calories could also be taken in the form of sugar water...but I imagine no one here would be interested in that!
Thanks Jenny- not that much different then the coconut "tea" I have in the morning without the time outs. Maybe I should try to have more coconut tea or buttered coconut cream tea.

Maureen
Old 10-19-2012, 05:03 PM   #423
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
At least you can get your correct weight while you're waiting to get a new scale. It reminds me of the saying, "it's not a bug, it's a feature."

Thanks! I go crazy when I see these blanket statements that are supposed to cover everyone. I have two young sons (20 & 16) who can eat anything and everything and they're in great shape. Any recommendation would work for them! I see these young guys on the internet giving advice based on their experience and just roll my eyes

That's what I love about NK also! Keeps hunger and eating in control.

Anything above .5 is considered ketosis. It seems like some people are doing heavy cream in diet soda as dessert later in the day. I like a mixture of cream cheese, cocoa powder and splenda

I still don't understand the thinking behind this scale at all!
Dear Kristn
Thanks for the encouragement and the suggestion. I am going to try the cream cheese, cocoa and Splenda. I am not a big fan of soda so those drinks are not appealing. But thanks for the confirmation of the Ketosis.

Maureen
Old 10-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by One maur time View Post
Dear Kristn
Thanks for the encouragement and the suggestion. I am going to try the cream cheese, cocoa and Splenda. I am not a big fan of soda so those drinks are not appealing. But thanks for the confirmation of the Ketosis.

Maureen
Macadamia nuts are also great little fat bombs. We had some amazing wasabi macadamia nuts in Hawaii (Hamakua brand). If you like your nuts a bit spicy I highly recommend them!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #425
Major LCF Poster!

I have a hard time wrapping my brain around eating tasteless fat calories--I always want more bang for my buck. I'll be interested to hear if anyone is trying that Shangri-La Diet trick.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #426
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Going to try to get back on NK/high fat/calorie cycling tomorrow or Sunday.
I was doing great, ketones measuring in the .7-1.5 range, losing a little weight and then I got sick last week and it's just been since yesterday that I can keep anything down (naturally it's toast ). So as soon as my tummy can handle some fat, I'll be back on it.
So I didn't bail out or get abducted by aliens
Dear Dottie
I hope you feel better. It's hard to follow a routine when you don't feel well!
Maureen
Old 10-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #427
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Macadamia nuts are also great little fat bombs. We had some amazing wasabi macadamia nuts in Hawaii (Hamakua brand). If you like your nuts a bit spicy I highly recommend them!
Dear Kristn
I wish I could enjoy macadamia nuts - unfortunately I become allergic to them. I loved them as a kid! Now they make my lips itch/swell. When we were in Hawaii 2 years ago I was sorely tempted but I resisted. I can enjoy cashews without difficulty. Yesterday I had a few and almost no dinner- this morning I pulled a .9! My highest reading ever. So let's see if the nuts maybe the issue?

This evening I tried the cream cheese cocoa, but I used stevia. Pretty good. My DH and I each had a tablespoon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maureen
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #428
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hello to all!

Good to hear from you Dottie, lots of folks I know have been sick the past few weeks. Hopefully you will be back in high form soon.

Kristn, I agree, I need something to taste for my fat! I know some can take the CO straight, but I can't do that. Get some rest over the weekend, bet you will be yourself very soon.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:15 AM   #429
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
Thanks all

Little trick for Almonds if you like them to make them a bit of a fat bomb: For 2oz plain almonds (salted or not, your choice - if salted don't add the pinch of salt) :

2oz whole almonds
3T coconut oil, melted
1 drop sweetener (equal to 2tsp) (IF desired)
1tsp dark cocoa powder
1/4tsp ground cinnamon
pinch each salt and cayenne pepper

Stir everything well then spread out on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until hard then break into 8 -10 pieces.
If you want to be fussy, break out the almonds, remelt the remaining coconut oil mixture and recoat the almonds to get them individually coated, then dust very lightly with more dark cocoa powder.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Old 10-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!!

This morning my weight was down slightly at 149.4 (down .4), ketones were also down at .3. I decided to go back and try and log my food from yesterday to see what was going on. I've been eating cream cheese in the evening as a treat and yesterday added some macadamia nuts. It's a good thing that I logged because it's quite obvious when you add everything up why I'm not in ketosis. Protein was 90.1g, total carbs were 40g (net 25). I'm going to track for the next week and shoot for 70g of protein and 20-25 total carbs.

I am back to kettlebell class this morning and I know that may effect my weight over the next few days--I expect to be quite sore after 2 weeks off. I also may try testing ketones during the day over the weekend.

I'm determined to get back into ketosis! I've been too lax coming back from vacation and giving myself a break to not log and eat in a way that I wouldn't normally eat.

How is everyone else doing??
257/144.8/150
BF% Goal 26%/20%/20%
February Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?
Nutritional Ketosis Thread Information and Posts of Interest
My Maintenance Journal
Original weight 2001--257 Maintaining 165-175 from 2002-March 2012
March 2012 to August 2012--175/150 Made Goal 8/27/12!
Old 10-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Dear Kristn
I wish I could enjoy macadamia nuts - unfortunately I become allergic to them. I loved them as a kid! Now they make my lips itch/swell. When we were in Hawaii 2 years ago I was sorely tempted but I resisted. I can enjoy cashews without difficulty. Yesterday I had a few and almost no dinner- this morning I pulled a .9! My highest reading ever. So let's see if the nuts maybe the issue?

This evening I tried the cream cheese cocoa, but I used stevia. Pretty good. My DH and I each had a tablespoon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maureen
I'm so sorry that you are allergic to macadamia nuts! Although I love them so much it might be better if I had a good reason to resist other than I just eat too many. Not sure about the nuts and ketones. I had quite a few mac nuts last night and low ketones this morning. I think a smaller, higher fat dinner in general may result in higher am ketones.

I'm glad you liked the cream cheese and cocoa mixture. A few chopped nuts are good in it also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Kristn, I agree, I need something to taste for my fat! I know some can take the CO straight, but I can't do that. Get some rest over the weekend, bet you will be yourself very soon.
Yeah, no CO straight for me either. I may try making some bark though to get in more fat without protein as the cream cheese and nuts are getting my protein and carbs up just a bit too high. I'm feeling much better today although I forced myself to get up with the alarm. I didn't want to backtrack and sleep in over the weekend.

Thanks for the recipe Dottie--that sounds amazing!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #432
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm so sorry that you are allergic to macadamia nuts! Although I love them so much it might be better if I had a good reason to resist other than I just eat too many. Not sure about the nuts and ketones. I had quite a few mac nuts last night and low ketones this morning. I think a smaller, higher fat dinner in general may result in higher am ketones.

I'm glad you liked the cream cheese and cocoa mixture. A few chopped nuts are good in it also!

Yeah, no CO straight for me either. I may try making some bark though to get in more fat without protein as the cream cheese and nuts are getting my protein and carbs up just a bit too high. I'm feeling much better today although I forced myself to get up with the alarm. I didn't want to backtrack and sleep in over the weekend.

Thanks for the recipe Dottie--that sounds amazing!

Dear Kristn
I think I will try adding some nuts to the cream cheese cocoa mix! Thanks for the suggestion.

Yesterday I had a "small" greek salad , olives plus feta ( no tomatoes). I wonder how big an impact the lettuce has on ketone production? Otherwise I didn't have any other carbs all day. I notice on the days when I have the salad the next day the ketones seem to take a dip. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience?

Good luck in kettle all class today. If you are too sore - have you tried arnica ( a homeopathic anti-inflammatory )? The pharmacies here in NYC they have it in gel form that can be used in place of bengay for topical application. I have actually had a heel spur where I have it injected ( to avoid using steroids) into my heel and I have found it helps!
Maureen
Old 10-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Thanks all

Little trick for Almonds if you like them to make them a bit of a fat bomb: For 2oz plain almonds (salted or not, your choice - if salted don't add the pinch of salt) :

2oz whole almonds
3T coconut oil, melted
1 drop sweetener (equal to 2tsp) (IF desired)
1tsp dark cocoa powder
1/4tsp ground cinnamon
pinch each salt and cayenne pepper

Stir everything well then spread out on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until hard then break into 8 -10 pieces.
If you want to be fussy, break out the almonds, remelt the remaining coconut oil mixture and recoat the almonds to get them individually coated, then dust very lightly with more dark cocoa powder.
Dear Dottie
Thanks for the suggestion. When I gather the ingredients I will give it a try.
Thanks!
Maureen
Old 10-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #434
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shelley
Good morning all.....welcome back Dottie...sorry you were so sick! Glad you are doing better and posting again.

Maureen, had to tell you I am one that drops ketones, raises glucose when eating any veggies and that includes lettuces. I have done experiments on myself to find this is the case...so my carbs usually come from eggs/bacon/sausage, etc., not from any fruits or veggies. But research says that carbs are totally unnecessary, as is fiber, so I don't worry about it any more.

Kristn...I know you will get right back to where you were before vacation. I'm just glad you enjoyed yourself, didn't gain 10#, and are back on track. You know it's just a matter of time. I have read people say 6-14 days to get back into ketosis once you are out. Let us know how many days it takes you! I bumped "out" by doing a fasting glucose experiment (having a piece of GF toast) and was "out" for 2 days (.3 and .1) so haven't tested for a few days (not wasting the strips until next week). I'll be curious to know how long it takes you to get back in to ketosis.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #435
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGirl61 View Post
Hello to all!

Good to hear from you Dottie, lots of folks I know have been sick the past few weeks. Hopefully you will be back in high form soon.

I can do CO straight only if I allow some of it to liquify first. Then I eat a tablespoon of the liquified CO and it goes down very easily. Hubby loves coconut oil in the semi-solid form and doesn't mind scooping it out of the jar that way. Blech!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #436
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Jimmy Moore has been very tight lipped on what he actually eats but he did say on a recent podcast, that he doesn't eat any nuts - even macadamia, because they make him hungry. I thought that interesting.

Those of you that are seeing success with NK, are you eating nuts at all?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good luck in kettle all class today. If you are too sore - have you tried arnica ( a homeopathic anti-inflammatory )? The pharmacies here in NYC they have it in gel form that can be used in place of bengay for topical application. I have actually had a heel spur where I have it injected ( to avoid using steroids) into my heel and I have found it helps!
Maureen
I made it through class! I will pick up some arnica gel when I'm shopping today, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Maureen, had to tell you I am one that drops ketones, raises glucose when eating any veggies and that includes lettuces. I have done experiments on myself to find this is the case...so my carbs usually come from eggs/bacon/sausage, etc., not from any fruits or veggies. But research says that carbs are totally unnecessary, as is fiber, so I don't worry about it any more.
Since I started this I have been able to eat lettuce and stay in ketosis. I hope that I can continue to do so.

Quote:
Kristn...I know you will get right back to where you were before vacation. I'm just glad you enjoyed yourself, didn't gain 10#, and are back on track. You know it's just a matter of time. I have read people say 6-14 days to get back into ketosis once you are out. Let us know how many days it takes you! I bumped "out" by doing a fasting glucose experiment (having a piece of GF toast) and was "out" for 2 days (.3 and .1) so haven't tested for a few days (not wasting the strips until next week). I'll be curious to know how long it takes you to get back in to ketosis.
I'll keep posting and you'll all know when I get back into ketosis. I really thought it would be pretty quick, but I was quite mistaken! I tried testing my ketones after kettlebell class and they were .4 (up from .3 this morning). I really expected to see more of a bump because in the Performance book they talk about athletes getting into ketosis just from exercise. I must have really refilled my glycogen stores on vacation. I'm going to test again later today and several times tomorrow. I hope that CVS has that sale on the ketone strips again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
Jimmy Moore has been very tight lipped on what he actually eats but he did say on a recent podcast, that he doesn't eat any nuts - even macadamia, because they make him hungry. I thought that interesting.

When I was losing I would eat some mac nuts in my fat bombs, but no more than that. I've been eating macadamia nuts for the past few weeks and they are really, really easy to overeat and I would agree that they stimulate my appetite. I'm going to try and go cold turkey this week and save them for special occasions.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #438
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Good to know Kristn. I will have to give the nuts a little vacation and see if that helps. I will miss my almond flour bread.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:30 PM   #439
Senior LCF Member

Re: macadamia nuts and other nuts. I can have about 10 macadamias...I take the pkg out of the refrigerator and put them on a napkin at my place at the table. I deliberately sit down to savor each one, and then I'm fine. Sometimes I'm fine with only 8! ha ha

Almond flour really kicks in cravings for me. Can't have it at all! So, what works for some doesn't work for all.

Kristn, I have had those ketone strips in my cart since before the first time that they had the sale/discount, and was never able to check out. They always came back with "no supply" when I would try to check out.

How do you find out when they go on sale. I missed both sales! And I could sure use a discount since I"m retired and have no income or insurance to cover them. Should I perhaps "sign up" for their online program so I'm "ready" whenever they do another sale. You can't even buy them at full price! They have none every time I had attempted to buy some.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #440
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Re: macadamia nuts and other nuts. I can have about 10 macadamias...I take the pkg out of the refrigerator and put them on a napkin at my place at the table. I deliberately sit down to savor each one, and then I'm fine. Sometimes I'm fine with only 8! ha ha

Almond flour really kicks in cravings for me. Can't have it at all! So, what works for some doesn't work for all.

Kristn, I have had those ketone strips in my cart since before the first time that they had the sale/discount, and was never able to check out. They always came back with "no supply" when I would try to check out.

How do you find out when they go on sale. I missed both sales! And I could sure use a discount since I"m retired and have no income or insurance to cover them. Should I perhaps "sign up" for their online program so I'm "ready" whenever they do another sale. You can't even buy them at full price! They have none every time I had attempted to buy some.
I think I signed up for the online program and they send me emails with the discount codes. I didn't try to purchase them the second time around because I thought I had enough. I wonder if they'll ever be back in stock.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Sometimes. But I'm really careful with parceling out portions. Sometimes it's difficult! But it doesn't seem to stall me.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:38 PM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SouthernGirl61
WOE: MP/MtoHF/LC all the time
Start Date: 2001
Hello everyone. Hope all had a great Saturday.

Dottie, that recipe looks great. I make cinnamon, butter, splenda roasted pecans every week. DH loves them. We have trees, so they are abundant! We put them in the cream cheese, lightened with coconut milk, and wow, wonderful. Keep in fridge, eat spoonful at time...very rich. Added carbs with pecans, but worth it!

I do what Shelly does with Mac Nuts, 12 is my number. One at a time. I could go crazy with them. Almonds trigger me, but not so much if I eat the Almond Butter I make. 1 T is all I can eat of that, but if the nuts were roasted, no limit for me!

Deborah - really!? Your DH eats it lumpy? Oh no....can't even think about that!

Half Time is over, talk to you all tomorrow.

Kristn, be nice to yourself, you will be back in the swing before you know it.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #443
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
I think I signed up for the online program and they send me emails with the discount codes. I didn't try to purchase them the second time around because I thought I had enough. I wonder if they'll ever be back in stock.
If you are talking about CVS, I think you are, if you are signed up for email, they will send you the notice of sales. The last time they were on sale, they had a limit of 1 per customer.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
If you are talking about CVS, I think you are, if you are signed up for email, they will send you the notice of sales. The last time they were on sale, they had a limit of 1 per customer.
I've had 2 and 4 in my basket for probably 4 or more weeks. Today they were on sale bigtime...$18.75 or so for the box and an additional $10 off a $50 order. So I tried to order them AGAIN...even signed up to be an online customer, etc., and then it said they had zero in stock...when I tried to "refresh" the screen it doesn't even have them anymore. If you search for them now (I tried just now) it says they don't carry them...but do have the Precision ones. So, I guess that's that! Drat! So, Kristn, you'll have to tell us when the diabetes group where I bought my meter has another sale. So far I haven't received notification of one.

Buffy....glad you are home and hope that you are feeling much better tomorrow. Take care of yourself!
Old 10-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #445
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KittyMcKnitty
Stats: >165/135/120
WOE: Paleo
Hey, everyone! Can anyone join the thread, or is there a secret initiation or something?

I just ordered my ketone meter. I don't know where I'm going to order the strips from yet (I think the meter only comes with a couple). Anyway, I look forward to hanging with you guys. I also look forward to seeing what the wine I love to drink is doing to my ketone levels.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #446
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I can do CO straight only if I allow some of it to liquify first. Then I eat a tablespoon of the liquified CO and it goes down very easily. Hubby loves coconut oil in the semi-solid form and doesn't mind scooping it out of the jar that way. Blech!
I'm with you yuck! But he is tough if he can handle that.

I use 8 oz of hot water 2 tablespoons of co, a pinch of sea salt and a bit of cooler water when all is dissolved and then chug! Done! My DH likes it a tablespoon in black coffee.

To each his or her own I guess!
Maureen
Old 10-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyMcKnitty View Post
Hey, everyone! Can anyone join the thread, or is there a secret initiation or something?

I just ordered my ketone meter. I don't know where I'm going to order the strips from yet (I think the meter only comes with a couple). Anyway, I look forward to hanging with you guys. I also look forward to seeing what the wine I love to drink is doing to my ketone levels.
Dear Kitty
no secret initiation rites! Just friendship and support!
Maureen
Old 10-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #448
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Drats Shelley, on CVS saying they no longer carry them. If they sold out, wouldn't that be a good reason to carry them??
Old 10-21-2012, 06:15 AM   #449
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeEO
Quote:

Since I added bullet-proof intermittent fasting to my regimen..essentially drinking bullet-proof coffee in the AM and then lunch and dinner I have had pretty solid blood ketone levels (around 4.0 yesterday afternoon for example) Which has really killed my appetite.

Yesterday I purchased several different varieties of wicked "yummy" blue diamond almonds (insert you own personal favorite - mine is "salt and vinegar") ... as I said the were extra "yummy" so I perhaps overindulged, which then lead me to overindulge during dinner (I had a extra large portion of protein - probably 2X what I should have eaten)....this was really my first "cheat" since August.

Several years ago, I lost about 90 lbs eating a carb restricted diet and intermittent fasting. I've been weight stable (above my ideal weight) for a while which has lead me to low-carb and NK. The only thing I have learned in regard to weight loss to be absolutely true is to not eat food that that stimulate your hunger.

When we talk about foods that stimulate your hunger 99 out 100 times we are talking about carbs - but there are other food that are low-carb friendly that stimulate your hunger and nuts are one of them - I think maybe cheese is another.

Peace

Joe E O

I took my blood ketone levels this AM after yesterday's overindulgence and was at 1.4...so I guess I wasn't too bad....and I am sure my wife and kids are going to ensure that the "yummy' nuts don't last too long.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeEO View Post

Yesterday I purchased several different varieties of wicked "yummy" blue diamond almonds (insert you own personal favorite - mine is "salt and vinegar") ... as I said the were extra "yummy" so I perhaps overindulged, which then lead me to overindulge during dinner (I had a extra large portion of protein - probably 2X what I should have eaten)....this was really my first "cheat" since August.

Several years ago, I lost about 90 lbs eating a carb restricted diet and intermittent fasting. I've been weight stable (above my ideal weight) for a while which has lead me to low-carb and NK. The only thing I have learned in regard to weight loss to be absolutely true is to not eat food that that stimulate your hunger.

When we talk about foods that stimulate your hunger 99 out 100 times we are talking about carbs - but there are other food that are low-carb friendly that stimulate your hunger and nuts are one of them - I think maybe cheese is another.

Peace

Joe E O
Nuts are so delicious and good for us. And it's hard to keep to a simple serving size once you start eating them! I like walnuts, and I think because they are not salty, they are a LITTLE easier to practice portion control with. But now you know that, at least for now, nuts are not your friend. Sounds like you really have a handle on things!
Closed Thread