Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
The only thing that changed was my nutrient ratio. So I think it had to be the much higher fat ratio that somehow didn't agree with me.
If it were me I would not do the ratios on DD. I'd eat the minimum protein and then fat to the calorie level and near-zero carbs. On DD the ratios would fall where they may.

I don't JUDDD so it is pure speculation on my part
reddarin is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 01:49 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!
 
vilanteira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,076
Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
If it were me I would not do the ratios on DD. I'd eat the minimum protein and then fat to the calorie level and near-zero carbs. On DD the ratios would fall where they may.

I don't JUDDD so it is pure speculation on my part
I will mostly likely try that if I do NK again.

And thanks Paula. I once took a 4+ month maintenance break when I got closer to goal because the weight just wasn't budging and it was really good for me mentally and also physically. You'll get there.
vilanteira is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:37 PM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!
 
paulabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,544
Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
I will mostly likely try that if I do NK again.

And thanks Paula. I once took a 4+ month maintenance break when I got closer to goal because the weight just wasn't budging and it was really good for me mentally and also physically. You'll get there.
LOL, I could have spent the last year just trying to maintain instead of lose...I'd be at the same point LOL. Still not giving up though. Definitely ready for a nice maintenance week. DD's birthday coming up. Easier to avoid carby treats when eating full calorie levels.
paulabob is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #334
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 2,917
Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Ok, I posted this over on our other NK thread but wanted to repost it here in case I am missing something that someone else might see who can help me out.

My BK test this moring read 0.2!!! It has not been that low since I very first got my meter at about 1 1/2 weeks into LC. I was shocked and sad! And, I can't for the life of me figure out what happened.

Yesterday I had tilapia, fried in ghee, no breading of course. 2 T of Kefir cheese, 1 Carb in that. 4 oz of boiled chicken, 1 cup of the broth off of said chicken. 1 1/2 slice of Barbo's onion rye bread that I made myself so know every ingredient that went into it, the total carbs on that was 3. Also, some butter and HWC and 2 diet root beers. I had one diet root beer at DD's house and looked to make sure it was diet, I have texted her to double check that, but I did look. What on earth pulled me out of my usual over 1 reading? My BG was 96 this morning which is 10-15 points higher than usual too.

I was around my DGS whom I love dearly , would I have ingested enough sweetness from him to raise that? Just joking of course.

I don't know, I am confused. The 2 new things I ate were the kefir cheese and the bread which I made, so I will try those 2 things again, separately and see if I react to either of them again, but I am stumped.

Only almond flour in the bread, no grains.
Maybe the artificial sweeteners in the diet root beer? The Scandinavian "diet doctor" posted on his blog that drinking a diet Pepsi cut his ketone levels in half, even though there was no change in terms of his blood glucose levels. Otherwise, doing trial and error like you propose seems like the way to go. I hope you get back in the ketosis zone soon.

Update: I see that it was just a mechanical/testing problem. Glad you are back to normal, Buffy!

Last edited by svenskamae; 10-12-2012 at 04:59 PM..
svenskamae is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #335
Senior LCF Member
 
One maur time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 124
Gallery: One maur time
WOE: Atkins, lchf, nk
Start Date: 01/15/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I see that Jimmy Moore has updated his blog on the subject of n=1 nutritional ketosis. His experiment seems to be working very well for him with a 50lb loss in 5 months.

Do you all think his success is strictly ketosis or do you think it may have to do with calories, or even the large breakfast (this could be described as leptin reset minus the huge protein component) or the length of time between meals (could be described as I.F.) or perhaps the supplement combined with ketosis is a contributing factor?
Cathy
Interesting observations. He certainly seems to be thriving with this WOE. Interestingly I have found that with eating a large breakfast plus the coconut tea I have no need to eat for 7-8 hours.

It would be a great puzzle to unravel.
Maureen
One maur time is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #336
Junior LCF Member
 
miker295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 56
Gallery: miker295
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/22/11
Hi all,

I've been off the board for a couple of weeks but am catching up now. I'd become more lax of late - very modestly so, but still definitely easing off the gas in terms of sticking to this WOE. Then I started lifting again and decided to experiment with adding the protein shakes back in. Between the modest slips on carbs and the extra protein I fell out of ketosis for several days.

I've now redoubled my efforts with CO twice a day, and am back in ketosis with a 0.9 this AM. I'm going to keep at it and hopefully get back into the 2.0 zone which seemed to work best for me before. I've been stalled at my current waist for three weeks now, but that is still my lowest ever so I can't complain! We shall see what tomorrow's weigh in holds.

Is anyone else out there lifting weights on this WOE? I imagine I may head over to some body building forums to see if there are any guys out there trying this technique. I am now doing a NK diet combined with Slow Burn lifting. I don't know that anyone has written about that combination before as typically lifters are all about the protein. But I want to see if I can add mass and lose weight at the same time.

One thing is for sure - the slow burn method is awesome! I've spent a total - TOTAL! - of 60 minutes in the gym over the last 3 weeks, and I've seen considerable strength gains in just that tiny amount of time. I am eager to see if these results continue.

Mike
miker295 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 4,789
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker295 View Post
Hi all,

I've been off the board for a couple of weeks but am catching up now. I'd become more lax of late - very modestly so, but still definitely easing off the gas in terms of sticking to this WOE. Then I started lifting again and decided to experiment with adding the protein shakes back in. Between the modest slips on carbs and the extra protein I fell out of ketosis for several days.

I've now redoubled my efforts with CO twice a day, and am back in ketosis with a 0.9 this AM. I'm going to keep at it and hopefully get back into the 2.0 zone which seemed to work best for me before. I've been stalled at my current waist for three weeks now, but that is still my lowest ever so I can't complain! We shall see what tomorrow's weigh in holds.

Is anyone else out there lifting weights on this WOE? I imagine I may head over to some body building forums to see if there are any guys out there trying this technique. I am now doing a NK diet combined with Slow Burn lifting. I don't know that anyone has written about that combination before as typically lifters are all about the protein. But I want to see if I can add mass and lose weight at the same time.

One thing is for sure - the slow burn method is awesome! I've spent a total - TOTAL! - of 60 minutes in the gym over the last 3 weeks, and I've seen considerable strength gains in just that tiny amount of time. I am eager to see if these results continue.

Mike
One thing is for sure - the slow burn method is awesome! I've spent a total - TOTAL! - of 60 minutes in the gym over the last 3 weeks, and I've seen considerable strength gains in just that tiny amount of time. I am eager to see if these results continue.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike,
Coming out of the darkness. Dana Carpender speaks of this on her web site.

For the less informed, please explain “slow burn”.
TerriMM is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #338
Junior LCF Member
 
miker295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 56
Gallery: miker295
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/22/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Hi Mike,
Coming out of the darkness. Dana Carpender speaks of this on her web site.

For the less informed, please explain “slow burn”.
Sure thing. The general idea with any weight lifting program is that when we break muscle fibers down, our body automatically rebuilds itself to be stronger so it can be better prepared in the future. Slow burn says we can break muscle down extremely fast - by moving weights very slowly.

The variation I'm using is called "Power of 10" which you can search for. Five exercises for a total of 20 minutes no more than twice a week. Each exercise starts by pressing out while slowly counting to 10, then return almost all the way to to start slowly counting to 10. This is immediately repeated until muscle failure occurs. Muscle failure is when you're no longer to move the weight forward even though you're trying hard to do so. At this point, you count to 10 once more and then lower the weight. This is hard work - my muscles are literally shaking during that last 10 second count.

The amazing thing is that's it. There is no second/third/fourth set. At this point, you move immediately onto the next exercise, trying to rest as little as possible.

After about 20 minutes of continual lifting, you're done. The object now is to rest, rest, rest, because your muscles are completely broken and need to repair themselves. The initial program has two alternating workouts per week, but the program is designed to scale down to just one workout per week once you're acclimated. I haven't gotten that far yet.

This is where the NK piece gets confusing, as conventional wisdom says that the muscles need protein - some say even glucose(!) - to rebuild. So I am experimenting for a bit to see if I can still get gains without overdoing the protein.

Mike
miker295 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #339
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,265
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by One maur time View Post
Cathy
Interesting observations. He certainly seems to be thriving with this WOE. Interestingly I have found that with eating a large breakfast plus the coconut tea I have no need to eat for 7-8 hours.

It would be a great puzzle to unravel.
Maureen
I am experiencing the same with the breakfast. I am not usually a breakfast eater, preferring to take advantage of the time that I don't feel hungry but decided to give it a try.

I don't have an lot of food but it is nutrient dense (i.e. fat) and right away, I was not hungry again until 7 (or so) hrs. later. If I have a small snack, like a tbsp. of coconut butter, I can be quite satisfied for another couple of hours. Not having to worry about lunch if working very well for me.
clackley is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #340
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker295 View Post
Sure thing. The general idea with any weight lifting program is that when we break muscle fibers down, our body automatically rebuilds itself to be stronger so it can be better prepared in the future. Slow burn says we can break muscle down extremely fast - by moving weights very slowly.

The variation I'm using is called "Power of 10" which you can search for. Five exercises for a total of 20 minutes no more than twice a week. Each exercise starts by pressing out while slowly counting to 10, then return almost all the way to to start slowly counting to 10. This is immediately repeated until muscle failure occurs. Muscle failure is when you're no longer to move the weight forward even though you're trying hard to do so. At this point, you count to 10 once more and then lower the weight. This is hard work - my muscles are literally shaking during that last 10 second count.

The amazing thing is that's it. There is no second/third/fourth set. At this point, you move immediately onto the next exercise, trying to rest as little as possible.

After about 20 minutes of continual lifting, you're done. The object now is to rest, rest, rest, because your muscles are completely broken and need to repair themselves. The initial program has two alternating workouts per week, but the program is designed to scale down to just one workout per week once you're acclimated. I haven't gotten that far yet.

This is where the NK piece gets confusing, as conventional wisdom says that the muscles need protein - some say even glucose(!) - to rebuild. So I am experimenting for a bit to see if I can still get gains without overdoing the protein.

Mike
Hi Mike...I'll be most interested to see how this works for you. I"m glad you're back...missed your great posts!!!!

I got a bad cold, but was planning to return to the gym/weights this week, so now it will be next week, but I still plan to do it.

My program was a slow movement, but with 5 seconds and HEAVY weights, so I would fail at about 8-10 reps....but I would do this 3 times, each time adding more weight so the reps would lower each time and sometimes not even being able to lift anything on the 3rd set.

I think I will try the 10 second rule and only do one set when I go back. I like that idea.

There are so many schools of thought on what to eat pre and post workout. Some are that you can't lift without being nonfat and then Phinney/Volek talk of the athletes they tested and found it doesn't really matter....you just have to be in NK and used to it. So, keep us posted, please!!!!!!
__________________
Shelley
shelley is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #341
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 4,789
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by miker295 View Post
Sure thing. The general idea with any weight lifting program is that when we break muscle fibers down, our body automatically rebuilds itself to be stronger so it can be better prepared in the future. Slow burn says we can break muscle down extremely fast - by moving weights very slowly.

The variation I'm using is called "Power of 10" which you can search for. Five exercises for a total of 20 minutes no more than twice a week. Each exercise starts by pressing out while slowly counting to 10, then return almost all the way to to start slowly counting to 10. This is immediately repeated until muscle failure occurs. Muscle failure is when you're no longer to move the weight forward even though you're trying hard to do so. At this point, you count to 10 once more and then lower the weight. This is hard work - my muscles are literally shaking during that last 10 second count.

The amazing thing is that's it. There is no second/third/fourth set. At this point, you move immediately onto the next exercise, trying to rest as little as possible.

After about 20 minutes of continual lifting, you're done. The object now is to rest, rest, rest, because your muscles are completely broken and need to repair themselves. The initial program has two alternating workouts per week, but the program is designed to scale down to just one workout per week once you're acclimated. I haven't gotten that far yet.

This is where the NK piece gets confusing, as conventional wisdom says that the muscles need protein - some say even glucose(!) - to rebuild. So I am experimenting for a bit to see if I can still get gains without overdoing the protein.

Mike
Thanks Mike, excellent explanation! I have been doing something similar, kind of willy nilly. This gives me some excellent parameters to really improve things and make it more effective.

I'm a long standing member of the "been there done that" club. Name a diet and I've probably tried it and lost weight on most. Over the last ten years I've lost about 50 lbs. For a 5'2" frame it has made a big difference. In all my research I'm pretty well convinced that Low Carb is the healthiest life style. Like most I finally came against a wall I couldn't get past. I then tried HCG and that got me where I hadn't been in 30 years. I gained some back through to holidays with the false impression I could always jump back on the HCG and take it off. Well it hasn't quite worked out that way. I got back to my low carb life style in a very lack luster way and have basically stopped the bleeding, but not much else. Admittedly I have not had the motivation to be perfect my any means. I've been reading up on yours and several of the other threads about NK for a few weeks and since I've always had good success with Fat Fast, which unfortunately is not a lifestyle WOE, I thought this might be a good direction for me. I've only been doing this for two days and am already down 2.7, so needless to say I'm pretty happy.

Thank you all for sharing your great advice and knowledge it has been invaluable!
__________________
Figuring it out for the long run!
TerriMM is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,910
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Hi, sorry I don't have time to read through the entire thread right now, but I'm wondering how many people are using the blood ketones meter?

Would anyone be interested in getting strips that were no more than $2.00 each?
Jimmy Moore has a link to a Canadian pharmacy that sells 20 for $19.99 + $7 shipping, so that's $2.70 each; but there's also a link to 1200 for $1200.

I'll check with the moderators...I don't know how to organize "going in" on something together, or if it's allowed through this site.

Just wanted to test the waters and see if enough people would be interested.
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 10-13-2012 at 08:58 PM..
piratejenny is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 09:23 PM   #343
Blabbermouth!!!
 
paulabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,544
Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
I've only been doing this for two days and am already down 2.7, so needless to say I'm pretty happy.
Terri that's incredible results! I'm so pleased for you.
paulabob is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #344
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 4,789
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulabob View Post
Terri that's incredible results! I'm so pleased for you.
Thanks Paula! I was happy to see you here. It was sort this is what she what talking about. Though I know you're a little different still. Congrads on being below last years numbers!
TerriMM is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:49 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
Red Dwarf was one of the funniest shows in the last 20 years. That prison episode with the reverse aggression field.
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #346
Senior LCF Member
 
dianajlane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 72
Gallery: dianajlane
WOE: new to HFLC, but long-time LC-er
Start Date: 10/1/2012
Strips for $1 each?

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Would anyone be interested in getting strips that were no more than $2.00 each?
Jimmy Moore has a link to a Canadian pharmacy that sells 20 for $19.99 + $7 shipping, so that's $2.70 each; but there's also a link to 1200 for $1200.

I'll check with the moderators...I don't know how to organize "going in" on something together, or if it's allowed through this site.

Just wanted to test the waters and see if enough people would be interested.
I'd be interested in doing some sort of joint order.

BTW: I got my Nova Max Plus Ketone Test Strips -through Amazon for 27.29 for 10 (2.73 each)
dianajlane is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
I found this Jimmy Moore podcast on Slow Burn that might be interesting. I haven't listened to it yet but it sounds excellent. The person being interviewed is Fred Hahn. He wrote a book about it co-authored with Drs Eades!

Google 'all-things-slow-lifting-slow-burn-101-fred-hahn'.

The blurb for the podcast:

Quote:
These days, exercise has been relegated to forcing yourself to hop on a treadmill for 30-60 minutes a day or engage in rigorous weight lifting as a means for losing weight and getting stronger. But what if you could get the benefits of cardiovascular exercise AND resistance training in just 15-20 minutes a WEEK? That’s precisely what New York slow lifting fitness expert Fred Hahn prescribes for his clients and what he has outlined in his outstanding book entitled Slow Burn Fitness Revolution co-written with Drs. Mike and Mary Dan Eades. He’s also written a follow-up book for teaching children the benefits of proper strength training called Strong Kids, Healthy Kids. This week’s topic is “All Things Slow Lifting (Slow Burn 101).” Have you ever wanted to know why lifting at a slower pace less frequently is preferred over traditional weight lifting at a faster speed and more often? Fred Hahn is the man to answer YOUR questions about it!
reddarin is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #348
Chatty Cathy
 
clackley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,265
Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny
Would anyone be interested in getting strips that were no more than $2.00 each?
Jimmy Moore has a link to a Canadian pharmacy that sells 20 for $19.99 + $7 shipping, so that's $2.70 each; but there's also a link to 1200 for $1200.

I'll check with the moderators...I don't know how to organize "going in" on something together, or if it's allowed through this site.

Just wanted to test the waters and see if enough people would be interested.
I can never seem to find the links. Can someone help me???
clackley is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #349
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 999
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Hey there, Fat Burners!

I'm so sorry that I can't be around as much as the rest of you can, but I am working full time now and also work at home in my time off.

At any rate, if anyone is interested, I am still in Nutritional Ketosis and still losing weight and inches. You can click here to see my results and charts for the last month.
RebeccaLatham is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
TerriMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The burbs of California
Posts: 4,789
Gallery: TerriMM
Stats: 148.4/140.5/130
WOE: HDE/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
Hey there, Fat Burners!

I'm so sorry that I can't be around as much as the rest of you can, but I am working full time now and also work at home in my time off.

At any rate, if anyone is interested, I am still in Nutritional Ketosis and still losing weight and inches. You can click here to see my results and charts for the last month.
Nice blog and Great results! Congratulations and thanks for sharing that.
TerriMM is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #351
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 999
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriMM View Post
Nice blog and Great results! Congratulations and thanks for sharing that.
Thanks, Terri!
RebeccaLatham is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 11:44 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,590
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
I can never seem to find the links. Can someone help me???
Hi Cathy,
Google Jimmy Moore N=1 Day 1-30. It's in the 7th paragraph of the blog post.

I hope that helps!
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #353
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,590
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Good to see you Rebecca and thanks for the update!

I'm still on vacation--we fly home tomorrow. It's been a great trip, but now I'm curious to see what my blood ketone readings will be. I think I've done pretty well so far, considering the circumstances. We've been eating dinners out the past few nights in Honolulu which makes it a bit tougher to gauge exactly what you're eating. I think I've been making good choices, but probably a little too high on protein.

Welcome to all the new folks!
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #354
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 23
Gallery: JoeEO
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Hi, sorry I don't have time to read through the entire thread right now, but I'm wondering how many people are using the blood ketones meter?

Would anyone be interested in getting strips that were no more than $2.00 each?
Jimmy Moore has a link to a Canadian pharmacy that sells 20 for $19.99 + $7 shipping, so that's $2.70 each; but there's also a link to 1200 for $1200.

I'll check with the moderators...I don't know how to organize "going in" on something together, or if it's allowed through this site.

Just wanted to test the waters and see if enough people would be interested.
I would be interested in "going in" on Ketone test strips.

I wonder if we could create a crowd sourced project for the purchase and distribution of these ketone test strips. Check out the crowd sourcing sites
"KickStarter". I think we could get 12 people who kick in $110.00 for 100 strips. (the extra 10.00 is for shipping an handling)

what do you think?

Peace,

Joe E O
JoeEO is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #355
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaLatham View Post
Hey there, Fat Burners!

I'm so sorry that I can't be around as much as the rest of you can, but I am working full time now and also work at home in my time off.

At any rate, if anyone is interested, I am still in Nutritional Ketosis and still losing weight and inches. You can click here to see my results and charts for the last month.
Always good to see you here Rebecca! You are doing great! Wish I could say the same....I'm out of ketosis for the last 8 days (today dropping down to .1 so am not testing again as it's a waste of $$) and glucose is going up. Very frustrating and I *am* logging everything. You are my inspiration and I'm glad you are popping in every now and then! Keep up the good work!!!!
shelley is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #356
Senior LCF Member
 
RebeccaLatham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 999
Gallery: RebeccaLatham
Stats: 43.6%/32.7%/30% Body Fat
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: March 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Always good to see you here Rebecca! You are doing great! Wish I could say the same....I'm out of ketosis for the last 8 days (today dropping down to .1 so am not testing again as it's a waste of $$) and glucose is going up. Very frustrating and I *am* logging everything. You are my inspiration and I'm glad you are popping in every now and then! Keep up the good work!!!!
Shelley, what do you think is going wrong? How many grams of fat, protein and carbs are you eating each day?
RebeccaLatham is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #357
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Gallery: aeatinger
Good morning all! Didn't do too bad for my first day of traveling/WOE. Here's how it shook out:

B-egg, 1.5 oz saus, cream cheese, butter
L egg, 1.5 oz sausage, cream cheese
S nuts, salami (peanuts on plane)
D- salami/cheese platter, 4 stuffed mushrooms from room service. Having the rest tonight!

F-120, 70%
C-42 11/%
P- 72 20%

So need to do less carbs, more fat. Mushrooms really pushed me over on the carbs. I don't think these had that many carbs in them since there wasn't any breadcrumbs, but I just had to go with what the tracker said!

Today should be interesting. Ready for this morning!
aeatinger is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #358
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,225
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeatinger View Post
Good morning all! Didn't do too bad for my first day of traveling/WOE. Here's how it shook out:

B-egg, 1.5 oz saus, cream cheese, butter
L egg, 1.5 oz sausage, cream cheese
S nuts, salami (peanuts on plane)
D- salami/cheese platter, 4 stuffed mushrooms from room service. Having the rest tonight!

F-120, 70%
C-42 11/%
P- 72 20%

So need to do less carbs, more fat. Mushrooms really pushed me over on the carbs. I don't think these had that many carbs in them since there wasn't any breadcrumbs, but I just had to go with what the tracker said!

Today should be interesting. Ready for this morning!
Great job! Yes, those veggies can really sneak up on us in carb count.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #359
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 36
Gallery: aeatinger
Hi all! So my food today

B- bacon w cream cheese, hwc with coffee
L- chicken tortilla soup w avocado, sour cream, fish w butter
D- 5 shrimp w guac, clam bisque soup

F-66
P-23
C-11

Still finding it difficult eating out to get ratios better. But getting there! 1650 calories.
aeatinger is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 07:32 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,910
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I tried to order the 1,200 Precision Xtra strips today and received an e-mail that they "have been discontinued by manufacturer". This seems unlikely to me...I'm sure they are still being manufactured! but perhaps not available in that amount. Or maybe they're out of stock and I got the wrong message. Will look into it tomorrow.
piratejenny is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:48 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.