Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mom_2_4
Stats: 298/210/150ish
WOE: Atkins for the first 100 lbs now doing NK
Start Date: August 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Mom_2, I think it was yesterday you said you had a lunch that was mostly fat? It could have been today; this thread moves fast. What did you have? I am always always always looking for more ways to get my fat up.
Most of my fat comes from the hwc I drink in my dang coffee! I gotta quit that crap before I starve to death now that I am keeping track! Lunch wasn't very high in fat, just salad, avocado, dressing, feta cheese and 3 oz chicken breast.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #152
Senior LCF Member

My numbers are a little higher than I think they need to be on the protein for today but I was hungry LOL

Fat: 149.8
Protein:69.2
Carbs: 10
Calories:1501.8

The hwc in my coffee is killing it on the fat for me all day because I drink so much coffee!
Had coffee and 4 pieces of turkey bacon for breakfast, coffee for lunch and dinner is 8 oz broiled tilapia w/ homemade tarter sAuce, 2 cups salad, feta cheese, avocado and dressing. At least I'm not so hungry today!!

Made some "fat bombs" this evening with hwc and sugar free chocolate yoohoo mix, omg I didn't have one but I licked my finger, YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!

Last edited by mom_2_4; 09-15-2012 at 06:29 PM..
Old 09-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_2_4 View Post
My numbers are a little higher than I think they need to be on the protein for today but I was hungry LOL

Fat: 149.8
Protein:69.2
Carbs: 10
Calories:1501.8

The hwc in my coffee is killing it on the fat for me all day because I drink so much coffee!
Had coffee and 4 pieces of turkey bacon for breakfast, coffee for lunch and dinner is 8 oz broiled tilapia w/ homemade tarter sAuce, 2 cups salad, feta cheese, avocado and dressing. At least I'm not so hungry today!!

Made some "fat bombs" this evening with hwc and sugar free chocolate yoohoo mix, omg I didn't have one but I licked my finger, YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!
I don't see a problem with your fat unless you aren't losing.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Just posted a recipe I created tonight for hot chocolate over on our recipe thread
Old 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #155
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I don't see a problem with your fat unless you aren't losing.
I think my fat is good today, but I think protein may be to high? The problem with the fat is that soooooooo dang much of it seems to be consumed in my coffee LOL I think I may try almond milk in the morning with my coffee instead and see how I like that. Leave more room in my daily fat for food.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #156
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_2_4 View Post
I think my fat is good today, but I think protein may be to high? The problem with the fat is that soooooooo dang much of it seems to be consumed in my coffee LOL I think I may try almond milk in the morning with my coffee instead and see how I like that. Leave more room in my daily fat for food.
You would have to post what your range is per day of fat/protein/carbs. Your number might be high for you or low for you, depends on what your nutritional goals are per day.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You would have to post what your range is per day of fat/protein/carbs. Your number might be high for you or low for you, depends on what your nutritional goals are per day.
I am shooting for
Fat: 140 ish
Carbs: less than 20
Protein: 55-70

I Am over my fat but that's not too concerning to me but definitely on the high end of protein since I just started I'm not sure what my threshold is, but I'm trying to stay on the lower end of protein. Although I'd imagine that after going from consuming copious amounts of protein while doing only LC what I had today is still SIGNIFICANTLY less than usual and probably a pretty good shock to my system

TOM came today so I'm curious to see how this will affect the scale in the morning. I also need to work hard at consuming more water, I'm bad about that.

I ordered the free meter online but it hasn't come in, I'm really curious what my reading will be. The urine strips have been barely anything in the morning most days until this morning now at a steady moderate reading which is good I hope, even though they aren't very accurate! I am wondering if I can use them as an indicator of when to test blood ketones?
Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
Here's what I ate yesterday:

B - Smoothie with 1T CO, 1/3 C strawberries, 1/4 c Almond Milk, 1/2 C full fat greek yogurt, 1 pkt splenda

Snack - 1.5 oz Macadamia Nuts, 3 T HWC with decaf

L- 1 C salad with 2 oz each of pork tenderloin, avocado and cherry tomatoes, 2 T olive oil and 1 bologna/american cheese roll up (no mayo)

D - 3.5 oz leftover beef brisket fried in CO, 4T Salsa, 2T Sour Cream

Dessert - 2 cream cheese clouds

Cals: 1864
C - 36
P - 60
F - 167
Old 09-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Well lost 1/2 lb of the 1 lb I gained.still ok complain.5 lb lost for week..that's 2.5 lbs over what I planed .my goal is 2.2 a week.10 lbs a month...

We're what hate with a 1/2 lb lost.

B-1 lg.egg 1 tbs co...coffee 1 oz hwc

L- fat bomb

S- coffee ..1 tbs hwc..2fat bombs

D- 5.1 oz talipa .small cucumber in Briggs vinegar . 2 tbs evol.

Sf jello 1 tsp hwc.

I think I can't eat late it makes me not sleep well.i had jello at 8 to late for me I like to eat around 4-5 and not again till breakfast around 9.. That seems to work for me.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:45 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: July 12
Newbie question

You all have been very thankful as I learn about NK....thank u I have a question about my menu today.
B coffee w hwc. 2 HB eggs 1TB mayo
L 3 1-2 oz ground beef w onion and 2TB sour cream
Ok that puts my numbers at:
Prot 46, carbs 6, fat 69

My total #protein should only be at 60 (I'm even trying to aim for only 50-55g). So with that said what do u suggest my having for dinner? Or should I have fat only for breakfast and no eggs? Thanks so much!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Lacey...I like to start my day off with protein and fat like eggs and co,hwc
If I do that I'm not hungry at lunch so I grabb me a fat bomb
For dinner I eat 4-5 oz meat and fats with that small salad or a veg cooked in butter or co
Old 09-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laceymichelle
Stats: 150/127/125
Start Date: July 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Lacey...I like to start my day off with protein and fat like eggs and co,hwc
If I do that I'm not hungry at lunch so I grabb me a fat bomb
For dinner I eat 4-5 oz meat and fats with that small salad or a veg cooked in butter or co
Thanks portcop! I'll try doing this
Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #163
Chatty Cathy

Gallery: clackley
Stats: 228.5/168/125
WOE: N.K.=vlc/hf/moderate protein & organic/pastured
Start Date: Restart Oct 18 2009
Lacy, your figures seem a bit high (without knowing the specifics or fat ratios of your food). It looks like less than 40g so far.

What I have been doing is eating a pretty large breakfast of bacon and a portion of my favorite casserole - mac and cheese cauli. I am full until late afternoon or even later and then I have a smaller meal with a small portion of protein.

It has taken some time to get used to the changes but I have to say, I am loving it now. There is a recipe thread that has been started for other ideas... here is a link....

High fat, low to moderate protein recipes?

"The energy content of food (calories) matters, but it is less important than the metabolic effect of food on our body." Dr. P. Attia

"dumping carbohydrates on your broken metabolism is tantamount to doing jumping jacks on two broken legs" -The Spark of Reason

“Eat animals. Mostly fat. Enjoy!
Old 09-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Buffy, I'm also warm on this plan. Not feeling hot flashy, just no cold hands. At the game Friday night I kept my 12 yo daughter warmed up hugging her when the temps dropped. She's commented that I'm her personal furnace lately.

Last night's dinner was okay...then they brought free dessert. Took a couple bites, checked my blood sugar and it looked like I got 20-25 carbs from dinner just based on the numbers (had too many chips before the meal!). Definitely too much for me! I definitely have an easier time with fast food on this plan than with restaurant meals. With fast food I can always get a burger with several packets of mayo. Meals out are always a guess!
2012 lowish Optimal calories, June25th 132.6/124.6/110
Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning! Day 14, feeling great, totally ready to keep going on this. I am going to just post my weight once a week and that is on Mondays. Of course I peek each morning and am showing a loss again this week but very small one as compared to the first week where I had that nice water swoosh.

Ketone reading 1.4 this AM, I think that is the highest I have gotten the the AM so now I might just stop testing at night, when it is usually the highest and just test in the AM, if I am in the zone in the AM then I know I am on track. My BS readings have consistently been below 100 since I started this but of course I am still on my diabetic meds, have cut them back just a little but will work closely with Dr. on that.

For those of you just starting, be sure and calculate your nutritional needs based on the links to use in the first post on this thread, Kristn has posted links to ways to calculate these numbers. The most important is your protein needs, too high and you won't lose but too low and you will lose LBM which is what you absolutely do not want to do. Second, your amount of carbs. Most people are starting out keeping them 20 or below. I set my goal to 20-30 but am counting all carbs, not just net carbs. Then, let the fat make up the rest. I hope you don't just look at the thread and think low protein and just guess at that because your body needs a certain amount. Please, any of you who have been doing this longer, correct me on these statements if I am wrong, I won't be offended. I just don't want people jumping on this bandwagon and thinking they shouldn't eat protein hardly at all.

If you are coming off of high protein, low carb, it will take you awhile to get used to the lower amounts of protein but that is where the lovely fat comes into play. It is what satisfys your hunger and makes you feel full and happy. Add CO to your coffee, or last night I made a lovely hot chocolate with coconut cream concentrate. Use butter and CO for cooking, add CO to your smoothies, the fat bombs are the BOMB!!! I have to hold back on those to keep my calories in check, I have eaten as many as 4 in one day and could have eaten more. Cream cheese muffins, Cream Cheese clouds, heck, just cream cheese with a little flavoring and some sweetner is divine.

Paula, eating out is hard, especially if it is really good food. I can easily say no to mediocre food but fine food, keep it away from me now if it has sugar or carbs. Same way with really really good bread!!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Here is one formula to figure daily needs:

The formula created by Dr. Jan Kwasniewski, is:

((Height in cm)-100) +/-10% = Protein Grams [ I use the -10% number]
Fat grams = P*2.5
Carb grams = P*.5

This is the one Reddarin uses and he is having great success.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
Ok, I THINK I may have finally figured this out, but I'm having a horrible time coming up with real meals.

Yesterday's menu:
B-coffee w/4tbsp.HWC, 2tbsp.CO
L-6oz.salmon cooked in CO w/butter, 1cup broccoli w/1/4cup cheese and 1tbsp.butter
S-coffee w/4tbsp.HWC 2tbsp/CO(I didn't drink all of this one though)
S-1/3cup mac. nuts
S-two CC clouds

I felt like I just snacked all day long. I really like to have regular meals, but because I have to keep my protein so low I'm finding it very hard. Also, I can't drink coffee like this daily because I have interstitial cystititis and my bladder is on fire today. How can I get my fat in without the coffee?
Today I am going to make some creamed spinach to try and get my fat in.
Yesterday my weight was 232.5, today is was 229.8 so I know this is what I need to do. I am just at a loss with my menu.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: nitenurse
Stats: 290-/(240-233)/160
WOE: Atkins/CAD
Start Date: 1972
Question to those who have been doing this awhile, does the pattern of weight loss any different than with Atkins? I used to have a fast 10# loss with lowcarb, then kind of bounce up and down with a gradual loss.
This high fat plan seems to work a little different, but I feel good most days. Really nice not to be hungry all the time.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo, scale is still showing a loss even though TOM is here! Maybe I'll drop more once that's gone. Trying almond milk in my coffee this morning rather than hwc to allow for more fat throughout the day in my meals. Hopefully that will leave me not feeling soooooooo hungry throughout the day!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: maybelle
Stats: 225/battling the 190s/150
Start Date: July 2011
Wow - this thread is moving fast!

I made butter tea for the first time yesterday. OMG so good. I used "oriental express" loose tea (basically apple&cinnamon flavored blakc tea), around 3/4 tablespoon kerrygold butter and around 2-3tablespoons HWC. Sooooo good!

Small question - I'm getting the impression that CO makes me feel a little jittery. Has anyone else experienced this?

On weight: I overshot my calories yesterday, but the scale was nice this morning- down 100g (0.2 lbs). I know I could be in for a suprise tomorrow, but we'll see.

So far today:

B: 1 slice flax foccacia with a little cream cheese, slice of ham, two soft boiled eggs
S: coffee w 1T CO, 2T HWC
L/Afternoon snack: 1 Fage greek yoghurt with a little bit of mascarpone mixed in, 4 pecan nuts, 2oz salami
D: will most likely consist of baked camembert with some zuchinni and then a treat of small apple poached in red wine, stuffed with coconut & baked (probably will bring up cabrs a bit more today...)
Old 09-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Ok, I THINK I may have finally figured this out, but I'm having a horrible time coming up with real meals.

Yesterday's menu:
L-6oz.salmon cooked in CO w/butter, 1cup broccoli w/1/4cup cheese and 1tbsp.butter
S-1/3cup mac. nuts
S-two CC clouds

I felt like I just snacked all day long. I really like to have regular meals, but because I have to keep my protein so low I'm finding it very hard. Also, I can't drink coffee like this daily because I have interstitial cystititis and my bladder is on fire today. How can I get my fat in without the coffee?
Yesterday my weight was 232.5, today is was 229.8 so I know this is what I need to do. I am just at a loss with my menu.
You get used to smaller servings of protein per meal. So, you would just have half of what you had for lunch and that again for dinner.

Make some of Rebecca's fat bombs, they are delish and easy wonderful way to get your fats in. They are on her blog My Low Carb Road to Better Health. You don't have to drink that much coffee.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Rebecca, if you check in or see this, would you mind posting your fat bomb recipe on our HF/MP/LC recipe thread? Or, I would be glad to do it and give you credit, just don't want to overstep.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 3Kids4me
Stats: 202/196/155
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: March 1, 2013
So my fasted morning BG was 110. I'm trying to decide if that's a problem.

I found this information:

Dawn Phenomenon

The dawn phenomenon is a term which describes an unexplained rise in blood sugar levels overnight, due to a decrease in insulin or its effects.
The result is that fasting blood sugars in the morning are more elevated than would be expected over individual baseline readings. For example, if you experience this phenomenona, and your average blood sugar is around 90 when you go to bed, your fasting blood sugar may be 100 -110 when you wake up in the morning, even though you didn't eat all through the night.

Normally, elevated blood sugar is the result of eating carbohydrates or too much protein. However, the overnight blood sugar increase is not associated with food consumption.

It starts with a process called gluconeogenesis in the liver. Some researchers believe that a release of cortisol or other hormones during the night initiates the process, and weakens the action of insulin between 2 AM and 8 AM.

The actual mechanism is not well understood, but the extra sugar comes from the breakdown of glycogen and other substrates in the liver, while you sleep.

In some people, the blood sugar elevation is significant, and for others, barely noticeable. This phenomenon is of particular interest to Type 1 diabetics, because more insulin must be injected before bedtime in preparation for handling the extra blood sugar throughout the night.

In a paper published in Endocrine Practice, the authors define the increase in blood sugar at dawn as such:

"To be clinically relevant, the magnitude of the dawn increase in blood glucose level should be more than 10 mg/dL or the increase in insulin requirement should be at least 20% from the overnight nadir...Approximately 54% of patients with type 1 diabetes and 55% of patients with type 2 diabetes experience the phenomenon when the foregoing quantitative definition is used."

It was at the Ketogenic Diet Resource website.

I didn't really eat anything different last night, lunch was mostly veggies, less fat and protein, but dinner was high fat, low carbs.

???

My ketones were 3.3, so whatever affected my BG didn't affect ketones.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Morning! Day 14, feeling great, totally ready to keep going on this. I am going to just post my weight once a week and that is on Mondays. Of course I peek each morning and am showing a loss again this week but very small one as compared to the first week where I had that nice water swoosh.

Ketone reading 1.4 this AM, I think that is the highest I have gotten the the AM so now I might just stop testing at night, when it is usually the highest and just test in the AM, if I am in the zone in the AM then I know I am on track. My BS readings have consistently been below 100 since I started this but of course I am still on my diabetic meds, have cut them back just a little but will work closely with Dr. on that.
Congratulations on getting those great ketone readings. I can't wait to see your results tomorrow!

Quote:
For those of you just starting, be sure and calculate your nutritional needs based on the links to use in the first post on this thread, Kristn has posted links to ways to calculate these numbers. The most important is your protein needs, too high and you won't lose but too low and you will lose LBM which is what you absolutely do not want to do. Second, your amount of carbs. Most people are starting out keeping them 20 or below. I set my goal to 20-30 but am counting all carbs, not just net carbs. Then, let the fat make up the rest. I hope you don't just look at the thread and think low protein and just guess at that because your body needs a certain amount. Please, any of you who have been doing this longer, correct me on these statements if I am wrong, I won't be offended. I just don't want people jumping on this bandwagon and thinking they shouldn't eat protein hardly at all.

If you are coming off of high protein, low carb, it will take you awhile to get used to the lower amounts of protein but that is where the lovely fat comes into play. It is what satisfys your hunger and makes you feel full and happy. Add CO to your coffee, or last night I made a lovely hot chocolate with coconut cream concentrate. Use butter and CO for cooking, add CO to your smoothies, the fat bombs are the BOMB!!! I have to hold back on those to keep my calories in check, I have eaten as many as 4 in one day and could have eaten more. Cream cheese muffins, Cream Cheese clouds, heck, just cream cheese with a little flavoring and some sweetner is divine.

Quote:
Here is one formula to figure daily needs:

The formula created by Dr. Jan Kwasniewski, is:

Height in cm +/-10% = Protein Grams [ I use the -10% number]
Fat grams = P*2.5
Carb grams = P*.5

This is the one Reddarin uses and he is having great success.
Oops, you have a typo.
The formula is:
Height in cm-100 +/-10% = Protein Grams [ I use the -10% number]
Fat grams = P*2.5
Carb grams = P*.5

And I think this is a great starting point, but would be too much fat and carbs for me to lose. Protein is spot on.

Thanks for posting this information Buffy! It's great to have

Last edited by mom2zeke; 09-16-2012 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Typo in Kwasniewski formula
Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #175
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Quote:
Rebecca, if you check in or see this, would you mind posting your fat bomb recipe on our HF/MP/LC recipe thread? Or, I would be glad to do it and give you credit, just don't want to overstep.
I am pretty sure its already there....ppl just have to look
Old 09-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Kids4me View Post
<snip>
Jamie--I've had a few days this month with high (for me-in the 90s) am fasted BG. I think mine was due to stress and TOM. As my stress has abated and TOM has left the building my am BG has gone back to normal.

I don't have much experience in this area, but I would try to see if there's a pattern (food, stress, etc.) and adjust accordingly (if possible).
Old 09-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
Question to those who have been doing this awhile, does the pattern of weight loss any different than with Atkins? I used to have a fast 10# loss with lowcarb, then kind of bounce up and down with a gradual loss.
This high fat plan seems to work a little different, but I feel good most days. Really nice not to be hungry all the time.
My experience on this plan is that I would bounce around for a few weeks and then have a whoosh week where I'd lose 2-4 pounds. So losing in fits-and-starts rather than a steady loss every week.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #178
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Kids4me View Post

I found this information:

Dawn Phenomenon

The dawn phenomenon is a term which describes an unexplained rise in blood sugar levels overnight, due to a decrease in insulin or its effects.
The result is that fasting blood sugars in the morning are more elevated than would be expected over individual baseline readings. For example, if you experience this phenomenona, and your average blood sugar is around 90 when you go to bed, your fasting blood sugar may be 100 -110 when you wake up in the morning, even though you didn't eat all through the night.

Normally, elevated blood sugar is the result of eating carbohydrates or too much protein. However, the overnight blood sugar increase is not associated with food consumption.

It starts with a process called gluconeogenesis in the liver. Some researchers believe that a release of cortisol or other hormones during the night initiates the process, and weakens the action of insulin between 2 AM and 8 AM.

The actual mechanism is not well understood, but the extra sugar comes from the breakdown of glycogen and other substrates in the liver, while you sleep.

In some people, the blood sugar elevation is significant, and for others, barely noticeable. This phenomenon is of particular interest to Type 1 diabetics, because more insulin must be injected before bedtime in preparation for handling the extra blood sugar throughout the night.

In a paper published in Endocrine Practice, the authors define the increase in blood sugar at dawn as such:

"To be clinically relevant, the magnitude of the dawn increase in blood glucose level should be more than 10 mg/dL or the increase in insulin requirement should be at least 20% from the overnight nadir...Approximately 54% of patients with type 1 diabetes and 55% of patients with type 2 diabetes experience the phenomenon when the foregoing quantitative definition is used."

It was at the Ketogenic Diet Resource website.

I didn't really eat anything different last night, lunch was mostly veggies, less fat and protein, but dinner was high fat, low carbs.

???

If you are not diabetic, this is likely what is known as physiological insulin resistance and is something that appears to happen to long term low carbers. It is discussed at some length over at Hyperlipid and else where. The important thing is that it is normal. It will be of great interest to me (and likely lots of others) what happens to your b.g. as you continue with NK woe.

Jimmy Moore has posted his results after months of NK and his b.g. levels appear to have 'normalized' over time. One note - he is taking a supplement that is geared toward lowering b.g..
Old 09-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #179
Chatty Cathy

Quote:
Newbie question
You all have been very thankful as I learn about NK....thank u I have a question about my menu today.
B coffee w hwc. 2 HB eggs 1TB mayo
L 3 1-2 oz ground beef w onion and 2TB sour cream
Ok that puts my numbers at:
Prot 46, carbs 6, fat 69

My total #protein should only be at 60 (I'm even trying to aim for only 50-55g). So with that said what do u suggest my having for dinner? Or should I have fat only for breakfast and no eggs? Thanks so much!!!
Quote:

Yesterday's menu:
S-1/3cup mac. nuts
S-two CC clouds

I wonder if it would be useful to start a NK 'what are you eating?' thread for those that are searching for daily menus?
Old 09-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackley View Post
If you are not diabetic, this is likely what is known as physiological insulin resistance and is something that appears to happen to long term low carbers. It is discussed at some length over at Hyperlipid and else where. The important thing is that it is normal. It will be of great interest to me (and likely lots of others) what happens to your b.g. as you continue with NK woe.

Jimmy Moore has posted his results after months of NK and his b.g. levels appear to have 'normalized' over time. One note - he is taking a supplement that is geared toward lowering b.g..

I can go over and look but can you tell us what supplement he is taking toward lowering BG? TIA
Closed Thread