Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #541
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Masset, B. C., Canada
Posts: 211
Gallery: island girl2
Stats: 225/196.2/150
WOE: starting juddd
Start Date: March 2010/restart sept. 2012/hcg apr 13
Good Morning All
199.2 this morning - down .6.
yesterdays menu
b - pumpkin shake with frozen pumpkin, sf almond milk, hwc, davincis praline syrup and nutmet
l - 3 oz left over steak and zuchinni
s - 6 oz chicken strips breaded with parm. cheese and fried in butter, also 5 zuchinni rounds fried the same way - dipped in mayo/mustard dip
coffee with hwc cream thru out the day.
having trouble getting in my water - i hate drinking it.
will try and get this in to fatday to figure out my calories/percentages today
island girl2 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #542
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by island girl2 View Post
Good Morning All
199.2 this morning - down .6.
yesterdays menu
b - pumpkin shake with frozen pumpkin, sf almond milk, hwc, davincis praline syrup and nutmet
l - 3 oz left over steak and zuchinni
s - 6 oz chicken strips breaded with parm. cheese and fried in butter, also 5 zuchinni rounds fried the same way - dipped in mayo/mustard dip
coffee with hwc cream thru out the day.
having trouble getting in my water - i hate drinking it.
will try and get this in to fatday to figure out my calories/percentages today
Congrats on the loss island girl!
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #543
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,176
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by island girl2 View Post
will try and get this in to fatday to figure out my calories/percentages today
Don't know if you meant to write fatday but it sure made me LOL
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #544
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,176
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning all. Today is official post my weight day in my signature and my fickle scale made me so , instead of the 198.8 it had shown me on both Friday and Sunday, it just smirked, laughed an evil laugh and landed on 199.8. So, still a good loss for the week but not the 10 lbs I thought I was going to log. That is ok though, I might need that for next week especially since I am going on a weekend trip on Friday and won't be weighing in again until next Tuesday.

So in awe of our Kristn, not only is she maintaining, she is still losing, the little stinker . She is responsible for me being on NK, so I am a big fan!
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #545
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Don't know if you meant to write fatday but it sure made me LOL
I totally missed this!
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #546
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Oh no Buffy....my Sunday readings did the same thing to me....was 1# less for the Fri/Sat scale and Sunday it bumped up over 1#. Not nice. So, we're in the same boat.

Kristn, you're doing great with "maintenance"....ha ha...still losing!!!

I tried all the recommendations yesterday and my readings were a "disaster". I gained 1#. My calories yesterday were 1309 instead of 1750, my fat was 108.6 instead of 150, and my protein was 54 instead of 60. Total carbs were 6.9 instead of the teens.

I was so anxious to see my results....1# up on the sale. Glucose went from 96 to 111. Ketones went from my consistent .9 to .6.

What is going on???

My day:

1 one tbsp fat bomb (1/2 size of the recipe)

3.5 mile walk (not stressful excepting for the one hill which we all take slow)

Bfast, 2 eggs in coconut oil and 1 tsp of macadamia oil, 2 strips thin bacon

Lunch/snack 2 oz. gouda cheese
decaf coffee with 1 oz HWC (40% fat HWC)

Dinner, 4 oz of ground pork/ground chuck (50/50) in a burger patty and one 5th of a "fat fast sugar free jello with cream cheese/HWC

And....my results show spikes in glucose (that's fasting from 5 PM to 8 AM!) and my ketones dropping.

What now all you that are having such great progress???
shelley is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:36 AM   #547
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning all. Today is official post my weight day in my signature and my fickle scale made me so , instead of the 198.8 it had shown me on both Friday and Sunday, it just smirked, laughed an evil laugh and landed on 199.8. So, still a good loss for the week but not the 10 lbs I thought I was going to log. That is ok though, I might need that for next week especially since I am going on a weekend trip on Friday and won't be weighing in again until next Tuesday.

So in awe of our Kristn, not only is she maintaining, she is still losing, the little stinker . She is responsible for me being on NK, so I am a big fan!
awe shucks. I am just so pleased that this WOE is working for others as well as it has worked for me.
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #548
Junior LCF Member
 
clairie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: bay area, ca
Posts: 55
Gallery: clairie
Stats: 175/168/140
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis
Start Date: 9/12
Good Morning!!

Woke up 1.9 ketones today.
Not sure why, but I'll take it!
Could be hormonal. I also tried to consciously eat less yesterday. I don't think I did, but I didn't let myself feel the panicky "must snack" feeling. I knew to wait until I was hungry.
Tried vodka (Stoli) and a diet cherry 7-up. tasty!!! Got a little headachy later though.. I should have hydrated better.

I am now out of ketone strips. Order should be arriving soon, but from Canada, so it might be end of the week. I am in California. What will I do if I can't chart!!! Just kidding.

I am addicted to this new concoction I made - check it out:
Whip heavy cream until it is whipped cream. add splenda drops or stevia drops etc. add a tiny bit of vanilla, add some softened cream cheese to taste- I go about 1/2 a bar for a cup of cream. Whip together until blended well. now the fun part- add lemon juice! to taste. I like a lot.
keeps great in the fridge and I will eat a dollop of that for a dessert treat.

have a great day everyone!!
__________________
clairie is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #549
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,176
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairie View Post
Good Morning!!

Woke up 1.9 ketones today.
Not sure why, but I'll take it!
Could be hormonal. I also tried to consciously eat less yesterday. I don't think I did, but I didn't let myself feel the panicky "must snack" feeling. I knew to wait until I was hungry.
Tried vodka (Stoli) and a diet cherry 7-up. tasty!!! Got a little headachy later though.. I should have hydrated better.

I am now out of ketone strips. Order should be arriving soon, but from Canada, so it might be end of the week. I am in California. What will I do if I can't chart!!! Just kidding.

I am addicted to this new concoction I made - check it out:
Whip heavy cream until it is whipped cream. add splenda drops or stevia drops etc. add a tiny bit of vanilla, add some softened cream cheese to taste- I go about 1/2 a bar for a cup of cream. Whip together until blended well. now the fun part- add lemon juice! to taste. I like a lot.
keeps great in the fridge and I will eat a dollop of that for a dessert treat.

have a great day everyone!!
Sounds like a great snack Claire!

Woot woot on the ketone reading!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #550
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
I tried all the recommendations yesterday and my readings were a "disaster". I gained 1#. My calories yesterday were 1309 instead of 1750, my fat was 108.6 instead of 150, and my protein was 54 instead of 60. Total carbs were 6.9 instead of the teens.

I was so anxious to see my results....1# up on the sale. Glucose went from 96 to 111. Ketones went from my consistent .9 to .6.

What is going on???

My day:

1 one tbsp fat bomb (1/2 size of the recipe)

3.5 mile walk (not stressful excepting for the one hill which we all take slow)

Bfast, 2 eggs in coconut oil and 1 tsp of macadamia oil, 2 strips thin bacon

Lunch/snack 2 oz. gouda cheese
decaf coffee with 1 oz HWC (40% fat HWC)

Dinner, 4 oz of ground pork/ground chuck (50/50) in a burger patty and one 5th of a "fat fast sugar free jello with cream cheese/HWC

And....my results show spikes in glucose (that's fasting from 5 PM to 8 AM!) and my ketones dropping.

What now all you that are having such great progress???
I think your menu looks great! You could give this new way a try for a week to see how it goes. In my experience, one day is not enough to know whether something is working or not.

My glucose has also been all over the map in the am fasted. I think that this can be a normal phenomenon? I don't know that much about BG.
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #551
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,176
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Oh no Buffy....my Sunday readings did the same thing to me....was 1# less for the Fri/Sat scale and Sunday it bumped up over 1#. Not nice. So, we're in the same boat.

Kristn, you're doing great with "maintenance"....ha ha...still losing!!!

I tried all the recommendations yesterday and my readings were a "disaster". I gained 1#. My calories yesterday were 1309 instead of 1750, my fat was 108.6 instead of 150, and my protein was 54 instead of 60. Total carbs were 6.9 instead of the teens.

I was so anxious to see my results....1# up on the sale. Glucose went from 96 to 111. Ketones went from my consistent .9 to .6.

What is going on???

My day:

1 one tbsp fat bomb (1/2 size of the recipe)

3.5 mile walk (not stressful excepting for the one hill which we all take slow)

Bfast, 2 eggs in coconut oil and 1 tsp of macadamia oil, 2 strips thin bacon

Lunch/snack 2 oz. gouda cheese
decaf coffee with 1 oz HWC (40% fat HWC)

Dinner, 4 oz of ground pork/ground chuck (50/50) in a burger patty and one 5th of a "fat fast sugar free jello with cream cheese/HWC

And....my results show spikes in glucose (that's fasting from 5 PM to 8 AM!) and my ketones dropping.

What now all you that are having such great progress???
Shelley, I am no expert, haven't been doing this long enough, but I am a firm believer that our scale does not reflect just the previous day, that is why I just log my weight once a week. You did have a very good day yesterday, and my advice is to just keep hitting your nutritonal goals each day and then seeing by your weekly weights if you are seeing a downward trend. Could be just 1/2 per week, or once in a while a bigger whoosh, but downward is what you are aiming for, plus the satisfaction of this WOE on appetite and great food.

You can weigh every day if you want, I do too, but don't get hung up on that daily number and think it is only based on what you ate the day before, ok?
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #552
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,176
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I have to admit, I am not one to read reference books, I skim and just take out the what to eat info! So, does the Phinney book say to check glucose and are there levels to shoot for for optimum weight loss, or is it just to keep your BG where it should be for a non-diabetic? Shed some light on that for me please.

I check mine everyday but I am type 2 and on diabetic meds, although I have reduced them to compensate for the low carb and I am totally happy to see mine are always under 100 now, although I range from the 70's to the 90's.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #553
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,744
Gallery: adillenal
I weigh everyday and log it BUT my scale does not refelct what I did or did not eat yesterday. More like 2 or even 3 days previously so nothing surprises me when I get on the scale knowing that. But I am a daily weigher.
adillenal is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #554
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,101
Gallery: Dottie
Well I'm happy to say a week into doing nk I'm almost 4lbs down
It's a little challenging to get the nk/judd mix, but not impossible.
I have noticed it's hard to get 1900 cals, like the juddd calc says for up days. I'm simply not hungry and I'm not a fan of sweet things (fat bombs or whatever), so I'm adding more coconut oil to my coffee or adding a little extra evoo or macadamia oil to my salads to get those extra cals in.
Dottie is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:22 AM   #555
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,176
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Well I'm happy to say a week into doing nk I'm almost 4lbs down
It's a little challenging to get the nk/judd mix, but not impossible.
I have noticed it's hard to get 1900 cals, like the juddd calc says for up days. I'm simply not hungry and I'm not a fan of sweet things (fat bombs or whatever), so I'm adding more coconut oil to my coffee or adding a little extra evoo or macadamia oil to my salads to get those extra cals in.
Great news Dottie. And yes, the oils are the best way to get your calories in!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #556
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I have to admit, I am not one to read reference books, I skim and just take out the what to eat info! So, does the Phinney book say to check glucose and are there levels to shoot for for optimum weight loss, or is it just to keep your BG where it should be for a non-diabetic? Shed some light on that for me please.

I check mine everyday but I am type 2 and on diabetic meds, although I have reduced them to compensate for the low carb and I am totally happy to see mine are always under 100 now, although I range from the 70's to the 90's.
I don't remember the book saying to check BG. I do it as another data point and I've come to love collecting this data.
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #557
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Well I'm happy to say a week into doing nk I'm almost 4lbs down
It's a little challenging to get the nk/judd mix, but not impossible.
I have noticed it's hard to get 1900 cals, like the juddd calc says for up days. I'm simply not hungry and I'm not a fan of sweet things (fat bombs or whatever), so I'm adding more coconut oil to my coffee or adding a little extra evoo or macadamia oil to my salads to get those extra cals in.
Congrats Dottie!

I am also finding it hard to get enough calories for maintenance on this. I'm not complaining that I've lost more weight, but it wasn't my intention either. I find it hard to wrap my head around adding more fat when I'm just not hungry.
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #558
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Gallery: bizzymommy2430
Hi!

Hi! I read through the posts and wanted to say hi! I was curious I have been doing this nutritional ketosis since the beginning of September. I have been having a hard time with sleep. I can't fall asleep easy and I wake up a couple times and then am up early. Any ideas or suggestions? I haven't been having any kind of caffeine.

Thanks!
bizzymommy2430 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #559
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,176
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
I don't remember the book saying to check BG. I do it as another data point and I've come to love collecting this data.
Good to know, I just saw so many people checking it that I didn't think had diabetes that I wondered.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #560
Junior LCF Member
 
miker295's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 56
Gallery: miker295
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/22/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzymommy2430 View Post
Hi! I read through the posts and wanted to say hi! I was curious I have been doing this nutritional ketosis since the beginning of September. I have been having a hard time with sleep. I can't fall asleep easy and I wake up a couple times and then am up early. Any ideas or suggestions? I haven't been having any kind of caffeine.

Thanks!
I've always had trouble falling asleep until this summer when I had sinus surgery. Then I slept wonderfully - until I went on NK! I think the problem for me is that I am insanely thirsty, drink tons of water, and then need a break in the middle of the night. I have tried curtailing the water a bit before bed but I am still big time thirsty.

Has anyone found any remedies for the thirst? I have started measuring my water intake and doused myself with 80oz on Friday. I can deal with that for a few more months but it does not seem sustainable.

I used to take Melatonin to help me fall asleep, so you may want to try that. 1mg is usually sufficient about 30 mins before bedtime. My ND recently recommended 5-HTP as an alternative. I have been doing that for a week or so and the jury is still out.

Another possibility which I'm beginning to consider is that I don't need as much sleep anymore! I am still tired in the AM but once I get going I'm fine. How are your energy levels overall? Is it possible your metabolism is revved up and that could be making it hard to fall asleep?

Mike
miker295 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #561
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 23
Gallery: bizzymommy2430
Hey Mike,
Thanks for the reply. I feel pretty good energy wise. I got slightly sleepy (almost) for like ten minutes this morning around 7ish. I was up at 5. I only tried melatonin once and that was this summer before I started eating this way. I was just curious how it feels, because my adhd son was taking it. Anyway, I tried 10mg! I felt like I had a hangover of some sort when I woke up and was sooo tired the next day or two. I could possibly try the 1mg. I don't like the idea of having to take anything to sleep though. What is 5-htp? I've been hoping sleep would get back to normal, just not yet. Good idea about the metabolism. I have no clue if that could be it or not.
bizzymommy2430 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:25 AM   #562
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzymommy2430 View Post
Hi! I read through the posts and wanted to say hi! I was curious I have been doing this nutritional ketosis since the beginning of September. I have been having a hard time with sleep. I can't fall asleep easy and I wake up a couple times and then am up early. Any ideas or suggestions? I haven't been having any kind of caffeine.

Thanks!
Hi Bizzymommy....welcome. Since you've been doing NK eating and such, are you also taking magnesium??? It's very important, and I take mine around 8 PM and I"m then ready for bed and sleep really well. Low carb eating really depletes the electrolytes (magnesium/potassium/sodium), so we all supplement with either broth, salt, pills, etc.), but magnesium is known for "relaxing" you, so it's best to take before bedtime. Just my thought on the matter. I sleep really well! :-)
shelley is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #563
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Re: water intake and Mike's comment about "dousing with 80 oz on Friday". 80 oz is great...not what I would call a lot. When I started low carb and worked with a nutritionist in this NK style of eating (And Atkins '72), I was told to have as much water as possible and to aim for 10-12 glasses at a minimum....she would consume a gallon a day and was a teensy little thing! I think when one is not used to consuming a lot of water, 10 cups (80 oz) seems like a horrific amount of water, but it's really a good number! Good going!!!! I easily do 10-12 glasses of pure water a day.
shelley is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #564
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Thanks everyone for your comments about my fasting glucose going "sky high" for me, and my ketone reading dropping when I tested this morning. I do weigh myself every day and chart it...then divide the total pounds for the week by 7 for an "accurate" average. So, I don't take "one day" as it might be up or down. I'll stick with the lower calories for this week and see what happens. Last week I was 1500 to 1750 or so, and this week I'll drop back to 1200-1400 or so and see if that changes anything.

I have done "Atkins induction" pretty strictly for years with a major stall (Like most of you) and when starting NK at the end of August, I finally started losing about .5# a week.....I guess I want "more" loss like the rest of you. But I also want my ketones to show higher than what they are and that is a problem to be .7 to .9 and feeling like I'm doing everything else right....why isn't "that" reading showing higher ketones?

I guess I'm afraid to be told that I'm at the weight I'm supposed to be! Horrors!!!!

Perhaps I do need to follow Reddarrin's advice to return to eating Fat Fast style....I did it for 4 days and noticed nothing, but I didn't have my ketone meter then.

Also, I am not diabetic, but surely do not like my fasting glucose numbers in the 100's and this mornings 111 was the highest I have ever been in my lifetime! Scary stuff to me.
shelley is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #565
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Well I'm happy to say a week into doing nk I'm almost 4lbs down
It's a little challenging to get the nk/judd mix, but not impossible.
I have noticed it's hard to get 1900 cals, like the juddd calc says for up days. I'm simply not hungry and I'm not a fan of sweet things (fat bombs or whatever), so I'm adding more coconut oil to my coffee or adding a little extra evoo or macadamia oil to my salads to get those extra cals in.
Dottie...you are doing fabulously!!!! Woo hoo!!!!
shelley is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #566
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by island girl2 View Post
having trouble getting in my water - i hate drinking it.
I'd have to double check it, but I believe that whiskey is 90% water.

reddarin is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 AM   #567
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Hi Bizzymommy....welcome. Since you've been doing NK eating and such, are you also taking magnesium??? It's very important, and I take mine around 8 PM and I"m then ready for bed and sleep really well. Low carb eating really depletes the electrolytes (magnesium/potassium/sodium), so we all supplement with either broth, salt, pills, etc.), but magnesium is known for "relaxing" you, so it's best to take before bedtime. Just my thought on the matter. I sleep really well! :-)


Google 'LLVLC-ep-602-morley-robbins'. It should be the first hit.

reddarin is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #568
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,494
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I'd have to double check it, but I believe that whiskey is 90% water.

JMCM1 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #569
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,176
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
That's what I like about Red, always right there with an answer and a solution!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:15 PM   #570
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Coast!
Posts: 201
Gallery: route66
Stats: 160/<145/141
WOE: IF Combo - 6:1 & 16/8ish
Start Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Good to know, I just saw so many people checking it that I didn't think had diabetes that I wondered.
I also think perhaps because the free meters came with both ketone AND glucose testing strips, I think most people just started using them both...?? Even without needing to test for glucose it is kind of fun to know where you stand...
route66 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:05 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.