Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #961
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
hahahahaha knowing me....I would probably drink the beer while watching the fire....andthink about the stomach ache I will surely get in a couple hrs later..... <--selfish beer wonna be drinker over here--
Christina: Hey! There is a fire over there!!! Some one save the bottle opener!!! Everyone move over to this side of the room!

heh

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #962
Blabbermouth!!!

Night ya'll. See ya tomorrow
Old 09-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #963
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Christina: Hey! There is a fire over there!!! Some one save the bottle opener!!! Everyone move over to this side of the room!

heh
U got that right darn it!!!!!!
beer is precious like water

Last edited by Flavia; 09-24-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 09-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #964
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amlyjo
Stats: 332/310/175
WOE: LC-HF-MP
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Oh, man, I LOVED that show!!!
You really should look on youtube for the Turkey Drop episode. In honor of Fall and Thanksgiving approaching. "As God is my witness I thought turkey's could fly!"

And now for the bacon grease mayo loveliness: This recipe is from Man Tested Recipes. I don't know anymore what I can link and what I can't, so I hope I can say that. It's just a recipe site. This is my preferred recipe.

Ingredients
Makes: 2 cups

5 egg yolks
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
7 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1¼ cups rendered bacon fat
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Preparation method
Prep: 15 mins
Chill all the ingredients and utensils (including your mixing bowl) down to about 40°F. Don’t skip this step or the mayonnaise may break.
Put the egg yolks, mustard, and 1½ teaspoons of the lemon juice into a blender or mixing bowl. Beat on high for 2 minutes, until well blended.
Add in the bacon fat (no need to add gradually if everything’s properly chilled), continuing to beat until the mixture is thick. Depending on how thick and rich you like your mayonnaise you may or may not need the entire amount of fat.
Slowly blend in the remaining lemon juice, sea salt and pepper, whipping it pretty much continuously throughout. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Tip

The mayonnaise keeps for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.

Oh, and if you eat a lot of bacon, cook up 4lbs at a time to almost done and stick it in a ziplock in the freezer. Then it's easy to zap it. When I do this I can get about a cup or cup and a half of grease.

6/22/13 restart of NK

Last edited by amlyjo; 09-24-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Old 09-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #965
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
I'm thinking that this is NOT enough food on this plan...I'm so hungry. I've been eating on average 65-70g protein, 140g+fat and 20-30g carbs. Around 1500-1900 calories and I'm still hungry. When I was just doing regular old LC I was never hungry...now I am.

Any ideas as to what may be going on? Red suggested that it may be the CO, but I've had it in the past with no problem...or maybe I did.

I'm just so confused on what I should be doing. Ugh. I don't want my WOE to be a chore, I want it to be my life, but at the same time I don't want to have to think about it all the time and "worry" about what I'm putting in my mouth.

Just had to vent a little!
Goal 4: 145
Old 09-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #966
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
I'm thinking that this is NOT enough food on this plan...I'm so hungry. I've been eating on average 65-70g protein, 140g+fat and 20-30g carbs. Around 1500-1900 calories and I'm still hungry. When I was just doing regular old LC I was never hungry...now I am.

Any ideas as to what may be going on? Red suggested that it may be the CO, but I've had it in the past with no problem...or maybe I did.

I'm just so confused on what I should be doing. Ugh. I don't want my WOE to be a chore, I want it to be my life, but at the same time I don't want to have to think about it all the time and "worry" about what I'm putting in my mouth.

Just had to vent a little!

What fats are you eating?

Are you logging everything?

Consider the fact that you've lost 50 pounds. 50 pounds. Very few people that are overweight can and have done that. You see a lot here and on other LC boards but if you think about exactly how many overweight people there are we, including you, successful losers represent a very small number. And you kept it off for how long?

Did this hunger problem start on the 20th or the 18th or when?

How is what you are doing now different from what you were doing when you weren't hungry?
Old 09-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #967
Blabbermouth!!!

weigh-in 09252012

Weigh-in this morning ... 196.5

Been jumping back and forth a tenth pound for the last couple of days

Gonna try to tweak my menu a bit today and rearrange my calorie curve a little. Partly for practical reasons - I have a dozen eggs I need to get started on heh.

And that almond milk I need to finish.

Funny, no? Trying to figure out how to eat all this stuff lol.

Last edited by reddarin; 09-25-2012 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: Oops posted too quickly
Old 09-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #968
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Jen71 welcome !!You live we're I want to visit so bad.we found a deal to come but must save money...any way you will love the LC,MP,HF,after a couple of weeks you really start to feel everything getting under control.it really works..and w are here to help.

Gr3.. I love Germany lived there for 2 years hann AFB.we are thinking about next year getting a hop.and coming back.thats why I went to work for.....

Today is a new day!!after my little side track yesterday i
Old 09-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #969
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: carmi1
Stats: 158.4/149.8/140
WOE: high fat, mod pro, low carb
Start Date: 9/8/12
Hunger

"I'm thinking that this is NOT enough food on this plan...I'm so hungry. I've been eating on average 65-70g protein, 140g+fat and 20-30g carbs. Around 1500-1900 calories and I'm still hungry. When I was just doing regular old LC I was never hungry...now I am.

Any ideas as to what may be going on? Red suggested that it may be the CO, but I've had it in the past with no problem...or maybe I did. "

I have been starving hungry, too. I will cut out the CO and fat bombs for awhile. I can eat a fat bomb and feel no effect - no feeling at all - like I didn't eat anything. Just as hungry afterward.

On another note - major goof yesterday. I made the pumpkin shake and thought I died and went to heaven. Woops! It was not canned pumpkin. It was pie mix and had 17 gms sugar. I was horrified as my % were coming out so close to 80-15-5. Fortunately I did not gain. My own fault. READ THOSE LABELS!
Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #970
Major LCF Poster!

Carmi1 maybe up your protein just a little,till you get we're you need to be,,the sugar will do it for sure,,make sure you check everything you eat.there is hidden sugar in everything ...I no I played around with my # for awhile till I got them right...I no co helps me a lot.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #971
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmi1 View Post
Quote:
"I'm thinking that this is NOT enough food on this plan...I'm so hungry. I've been eating on average 65-70g protein, 140g+fat and 20-30g carbs. Around 1500-1900 calories and I'm still hungry. When I was just doing regular old LC I was never hungry...now I am.

Any ideas as to what may be going on? Red suggested that it may be the CO, but I've had it in the past with no problem...or maybe I did. "
I have been starving hungry, too. I will cut out the CO and fat bombs for awhile. I can eat a fat bomb and feel no effect - no feeling at all - like I didn't eat anything. Just as hungry afterward.

On another note - major goof yesterday. I made the pumpkin shake and thought I died and went to heaven. Woops! It was not canned pumpkin. It was pie mix and had 17 gms sugar. I was horrified as my % were coming out so close to 80-15-5. Fortunately I did not gain. My own fault. READ THOSE LABELS!
I was just listening to one of Jimmy Moore's podcast with Dr. Phinney.

Dr. Phinney pointed out that not all 'healthy fat' is actually good fat. Soy oil, for example, is high in polyunsaturates and not good for LC.

You guys take a close look at the fats you are using. Generally, if the mainstream calls it a healthy fat be very skeptical because the mainstream continues its war on saturated fats. Tropical oils, like CO, are good fats.

carmi1 --- Keep in mind that you are trying to lose very little weight and everyone has trouble, it seems, with those last pounds.

To everyone hungry or not losing:
  • Carefully examine all the fats you are using and make sure they aren't the polyunsaturated type. Carefully review what you are eating for hidden carbs and ketosis unfriendly foods.
  • Push your calories up till you are no longer hungry but not gaining. Surprised?
  • You need a benchmark. You need to know what calorie level at these percentages maintain weight. Once you know that you can tweak downwards to begin losing weight and keep hunger under control. If you are having trouble we need to establish a baseline to work from.
  • As a side note, if you are experiencing real got to eat hunger and you are including CO in your menu, temporarily quit eating CO to see if that is the cause. A few ladies have reported (in another thread a while back) that CO inexplicably made them hungry.
  • Be realistic too. Dr. Phinney pointed out that it is very, very difficult to eat right at very low calories like 1200 and actively discourages it too. Lowering your calories is a diminishing returns proposition. That means that the lower you go the less benefit until it becomes a hindrance. Grossly overconsuming calories is bad of course, but the calories total in and of itself is usually not the problem.
  • Don't be afraid to up protein a bit. The range Dr. K promotes, and we generally have been using here, is a conservative estimate from the research I've done. If your range is 55 to 65 don't worry about consistently hitting 75g and being over your top range number. Just keep your protein macro well under 35% as your goal.
  • Dr. Phinney sets the ketosis range for fat at 65% to 85% with protein well under 35% and protein in moderate consumption with at least the minimum to prevent loss of lean body mass.
  • It is easy to get so focused on the LC aspect of your life that you overlook other aspects that might be having a big impact on you. Stress, medicines, medical conditions, ladies things, age, metabolism, etc.
  • Remember. Your body didn't read our thread nor any of the books.

Last edited by reddarin; 09-25-2012 at 06:37 AM..
Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #972
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Weigh-in this morning ... 196.5

Been jumping back and forth a tenth pound for the last couple of days

Gonna try to tweak my menu a bit today and rearrange my calorie curve a little. Partly for practical reasons - I have a dozen eggs I need to get started on heh.

And that almond milk I need to finish.

Funny, no? Trying to figure out how to eat all this stuff lol.
I understand, DH is not doing this with me and I make something or buy something, then have to scramble to get it eaten, and it's not like the old days when I would just eat the whole thing to finish it up, I am controlling portions. Like my 4 avocados that all got ripe at the same time, been eating 1/2 to 1 a day for 3 days now, hopefully I get this last one ate before they go bad. In the past I would have just eaten them all up
Old 09-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #973
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
Jen71 welcome !!You live we're I want to visit so bad.we found a deal to come but must save money...any way you will love the LC,MP,HF,after a couple of weeks you really start to feel everything getting under control.it really works..and w are here to help.

Gr3.. I love Germany lived there for 2 years hann AFB.we are thinking about next year getting a hop.and coming back.thats why I went to work for.....

Today is a new day!!after my little side track yesterday i
Port, that is one of the things DD mentioned after her first week on this WOE, loves feeling in control instead of just pigging out after work and at night when she would come home so tired!!
Old 09-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #974
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, let's see if I do this right, I am trying to link you to the pumpkin muffin recipe. I made mine in 12 muffin top pans and did not frost. I also added 1/2 cup chopped pecans.

SKINNIER SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #975
Major LCF Poster!

Red a great info...this is what I love about this site lots of new info.ever day.
Had my coffee with co hwc this is my treat in the morning..not many people on a diet can say that...and I'm losing weight..too
Old 09-25-2012, 06:56 AM   #976
Blabbermouth!!!

lol yeah, yesterday I was highly annoyed at myself for not managing my time better and ended up in a position where I couldn't have the HWC float, although I was a little hungry, because it would make lunch unappealing and I *had* to eat lunch or end up with a ridiculously low calorie day and awful macros.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #977
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Ok, let's see if I do this right, I am trying to link you to the pumpkin muffin recipe. I made mine in 12 muffin top pans and did not frost. I also added 1/2 cup chopped pecans.

SKINNIER SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
heh I was browsing the forum this morning when I got up and I was reading through some the one that was about 5 Guys Burgers. I caught myself thinking boy that sure sounds tasty and even getting hungry for it. I was like whoa!! lol No sense in reading about delectable sounding foods first thing in the morning.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #978
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Red a great info...this is what I love about this site lots of new info.ever day.
Had my coffee with co hwc this is my treat in the morning..not many people on a diet can say that...and I'm losing weight..too
I couldn't agree more.

I formed my little style of LC mostly through reading this forum. I read Why We Get Fat and Wheat Belly before beginning LC but I didn't read through their woe plans I just skimmed them because I knew at the start I wanted to do Atkins style LC.

Then I discovered the Eat Fat Get Thin forum and the HFLC style of LC and off I went
Old 09-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #979
Blabbermouth!!!

Whew!!! Dadgum this diet! I just had to force myself to eat 3 fried eggs, pork sausage and cheese.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:31 AM   #980
Big Yapper!!!!

Poor baby , if I were there I would have taken one for the team and ate it for you!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #981
Major LCF Poster!

Poor,,,,,Red,,,,if I had been there I would have eating them for youthanks for the receipt I'm going to try making them..boy I feel so good today....I think it's that co and eggs in the morning that gets me going!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #982
Big Yapper!!!!

First DD to get on board with this WOE is in her second week and down 4.4 lbs and is thrilled. I am thrilled for her. She is DD#3. DD#2 who just kind of started on Friday got on board and started tracking yesterday, so maybe she is in too. She just needs to lose about 10 lbs.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #983
Big Yapper!!!!

Port, the lady who gave me the recipe said the frosting is fab, I just didn't think I needed it on muffin tops!
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 AM   #984
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, got a tip for you fellow jalapeno lovers!

The sure way to neutralize the hot juice on your fingers is to use the alcohol based hand sanitizers.

Put a good amount in your palm and thoroughly work around making sure to get fingertips and nails.

I tested it months ago when I found the tip on the internet. I found the tip after a frantic search immediately following a fiery eye rub (for which there is no apparent cure other than time and tears).
Old 09-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Wow I'll try that I love poppers.

O yell my husband ask me this morning if any one is kicking any cats today....hehehehe.

I don't eat any things but Vegas for my carbs y'all don't think the pumpkin could be a staller?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #986
Big Yapper!!!!

When I was little I always like to touch these little red things on a plant that my Grandma kept in her kitchen. I would touch my eyes and they would burn like crazy. Couldn't tell anyone b/c I wasn't supposed to be touching anything of course. Finally figured out when I got older that they were pepper plants
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #987
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:

I don't eat any things but Vegas for my carbs y'all don't think the pumpkin could be a staller?
I keep seeing all these delicious pumpkin recipes, but I'm too afraid. Am I wrong that there are 20g of carbohydrate in 1 cup of canned pumpkin? I know 7 of them are fiber but that still seems kind of high. Probably I don't understand what a serving size is.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Bikerchick
WOE: LC
Start Date: Oct 9 2012
I have one for y'all. In my garden I planted a variety of bell peppers, red, orange, green. Well all my plants are producing wonderfully except for these 2 red pepper plants. I could not figure out why the little red bell peppers woul dnot get big around, just long? So I grabbed one of the bad boys and trucked into the house to chop up for dipping veggies. Well, I grabbed one of those slices of that weird lookingred bell and stuffed in my mouth... OMG after 2 chews I was running for the sink, spitting and drinking water. You might ask why I could smell the hotness, to this I answer it smelled just like a bell pepper. but the taste was soo hot. lol
Old 09-25-2012, 08:14 AM   #989
Big Yapper!!!!

Ouch Biker!!! I really don't like really hot things.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #990
Big Yapper!!!!

Deborah, yes, pumpkin does have a high carb count. I honestly don't know if it stalls me or not, I try to not overeat it. Like yesterday, I had just one of the muffin tops although they taste so much like cookies I wanted to eat 3-4.
Closed Thread