Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #781
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
and use avocado in it instead of mayo
I heartily endorse any and all substitutions for mayo

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #782
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You are great, I think you keep us coming back...I talk about you to my h always telling him your funny things you say!this thread rocks,people don't no what they are missing.

Your husband is probably like: [outloud] hahaha honey that is hsyterical! [silently]omg that guy is an idiot.

heh
Old 09-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Lol!to funny,made me laugh today!!

Last edited by portcop01; 09-23-2012 at 05:37 AM..
Old 09-23-2012, 05:39 AM   #784
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey before you run off, how are you going to make the chicken salad with avocado?

I'm thinking about branching out and adding avocado to my menu in some form.

Goodness gracious, the place down the street serves an avocado salsa that brings tears of joy to my eyes and I have never been a big fan of avocado's mainstay dish guacamole (it is usually just a mayonaise delivery mechanism the way most people make it, sort of a green version of straight mayo).
Old 09-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #785
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Deborah, lol!! Did you say keep our carbs low?

And, yes, my goal is 1,200, but don't usually get that low.
Hi Passion Susan,

I only get one rest day per week while doing Insanity, and today is the day. I'm happy for it; I am so freaking sore...but in a good way!

Anyways, I mention this because, since there's no exercise, my calories will be very close to 1200. Because you are aiming for that, I wanted to share with you what my day will look like if it would help.

1,188 Calories; 7.4g Total Carbs (5.7g Net)

80.9% Fat (109.4g)
16.6% Protein (50.6g)
2.4% Total Carbs (7.4g)

My food looks kind of like this:

B: High Fat/Almost No Protein/Very Low Carb Chocolate Shake (sometimes I switch this out for lazy egg yolk salad with Red's favorite...mayo!)

L: Tilapia steamed in 1 TBSP butter; 1/2 cup green leaf salad with 2 teaspoons olive oil; cream cheese cloud

D: Mediterranean boneless/skinless chicken thigh; same salad I had with lunch

Dessert: Low carb cheesecake muffin with 1 TBSP cool whip; Diet Root Beer Float with 2 TBSP heavy whipping cream

Hope that helps!

Last edited by theLossgirl; 09-23-2012 at 05:52 AM..
Old 09-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

Red I just notice I'm older than you...55 here..but feel young..got married when I was 14,so I'm really older in life..but feel like 25 since I've been on this new way of eating...why in the world wood any body go back eating there old way when you feel this good..about two months ago I was very sick,could not hardly walk back hurt day and night.was going to be in a wheel chair in a couple of years.but I said enough was enough I did something about it..now lost almost 30 lbs.and went from size 18-14 go to gym.and my family loves it...need to keep up with my grandchild cause they are so important to me.
I have a grandson who is 19 and born without a hand just has from his elbow up,all his life he has had struggles ,but he over come them all.he a great football player been on tv about it..he now in collage to ba a conservation officer.he is my inspiration .and I love him so much...so see we are very blessed,food is nothing but fuel for our body...so we all can do this..ever time I think of cheating I think of him..
Old 09-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #787
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
(sometimes I switch this out for lazy egg yolk salad with Red's favorite...mayo!)
I hope you see the sad sad look on my face when you do that.

Old 09-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #788
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Red I just notice I'm older than you...55 here..but feel young..got married when I was 14,so I'm really older in life..but feel like 25 since I've been on this new way of eating...why in the world wood any body go back eating there old way when you feel this good..about two months ago I was very sick,could not hardly walk back hurt day and night.was going to be in a wheel chair in a couple of years.but I said enough was enough I did something about it..now lost almost 30 lbs.and went from size 18-14 go to gym.and my family loves it...need to keep up with my grandchild cause they are so important to me.
I have a grandson who is 19 and born without a hand just has from his elbow up,all his life he has had struggles ,but he over come them all.he a great football player been on tv about it..he now in collage to ba a conservation officer.he is my inspiration .and I love him so much...so see we are very blessed,food is nothing but fuel for our body...so we all can do this..ever time I think of cheating I think of him..
What an awesome story =) And your grandson is such a blessing to be so challenged and live his life head on without being held back by other people!

Old 09-23-2012, 05:55 AM   #789
Major LCF Poster!

Red I think I'm going to make the chicken this after noon..then take me a avocado with me to work and add it there,if had to early it turn yukie...so I add a little onion and chop ck..then add avocado .when I get ready to eat it..maybe make a couple of them like tha.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:56 AM   #790
Blabbermouth!!!

Deborah those are incredible numbers. What a great menu for such a confined amount of calories!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #791
Major LCF Poster!

Red make sure not to much avocado it's got a few carbs..I had 2 oz yesterday . On chicken yummm.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #792
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Red I think I'm going to make the chicken this after noon..then take me a avocado with me to work and add it there,if had to early it turn yukie...so I add a little onion and chop ck..then add avocado .when I get ready to eat it..maybe make a couple of them like tha.
Just chicken, onion and avocado?
Old 09-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Deborah...yes that looks very good..keep up the good work.somedays I get 1200 cals some 1400 I think it's good to go up and down on cals.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
well, I might not be here much longer....my H got laid off and it says we are only going to get 450bucks for unemployment for a family of 4....( we dont' get child support either) anywho......
If I am nol checking in its because my pc got shut off and I can't afford to pay the bili.....
anyways....it was nice knowing each and every one of you and as soon as I can I will get back at cha.....Love u all and are wishing u well on your journey<3
I'm so sorry to hear this g3rmanchik. I have been there (my (now ex) DH got laid off not long after I started this WOE in 2001--right after 9/11). I was a SAH mom at the time with two young kids. Seek out community resources and don't be afraid to ask for help. Please check in and let us all know how you're doing.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #795
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Deborah those are incredible numbers. What a great menu for such a confined amount of calories!
Thanx. I try to make sure I'm eating yummy stuff and a good volume of it. No need to feel deprived, even on limited calories. It's all about the fat, baby! lol
Old 09-23-2012, 07:08 AM   #796
Major LCF Poster!

Deborah..you got that right...people think we're crazy....but you no what we are eating great food and losing they eat foods they don't care for and lose very little...even if what we are eating is bad for us. ( which it's not ) we are still healthier than being fat!!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #797
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:

Your husband is probably like: [outloud] hahaha honey that is hsyterical! [silently]omg that guy is an idiot.

heh
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #798
Big Yapper!!!!

Love coming to our thread first when I log onto LCF's. We have a nice little group here. Christina, hope you can check in as much as possible, you will be missed and I am so sorry for the problems you are having right now. Hope another opportunity comes along soon.

Some very witty and thoughtful posts this morning.

Tilapia I am finding is a good source for our protein as you can have a nice sized serving and it is low in calories, leaving more room for things like fat bombs and those other fat things we adore. Deborah you do a good job of making up a menu of yummy things at that low of calorie intake.

For those of you new to avocado eating. When you slice one in half, and if you just eat 1/2, leave the seed in the other half, put it in a small ziplock bag and store in refrigerator. Leaving the seed in keeps the other half from turning brown. Avocado's don't last long once they ripen, so when you buy, try to buy one nearly ripe, then another 1 or 2 that are firmer and much firmer. Unless you have a family of course. DH doesn't eat them so I have 3 now that are ripe, they will be taking up a lot of my menu the next 3 days. I love to just slice in 2 lengthwise, twist to separate, then store 1/2 and sprinkle lemon peper on the other half, eat out of shell with a spoon, I love them.

Let us know how the chicken salad made with avocado instead of mayo turns out??

Red, you don't like mayo? I love the stuff but my stepdaughter also hates it, always had to remember that when she was with us to not put mayo in her food.

Port, what an inspiration your DGS is, bless him for being so strong!

I am back to my loss of 10 lbs this morning so hoping I don't go up any by tomorrow so I can post that in my siggy weight. And especially since I sang from the rooftops here on the board that I had hit a 10 lb loss

I am going to try some recipes today, I will let you know of any good ones I come across and try successfully. I am also going to make chicken salad for DD and myself but with mayo, sorry Red, just forget I said that. She loves my chicken salad and will be something she can take for her lunches this week.

Trying out some of the newer sweetners that have come on the market since I lowcarbed over 5 years ago. Hope the lab in the kitchen doesn't explode

I first started LC around 2001 or so, thought it was the answer to my dieting woes. And, I did lose just a little and then easily maintained but gave up due to no more weight loss, after tweaking and tweaking and tweaking. But, the tweaks I never tried were limiting protein and lowering calories. One would have led to the other of course but back then I was getting diabetes and due to high BS I had this enormous appetite, but didn't know why.

Truly hoping this WOE continues to work for me and it is the "final" answer
Old 09-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Looking forward to hearing about how your new recipe day turns out!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Buffy about the avocado i did not no that!! I'll let all no about the avocado does in chicken salad!!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #801

Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Deborah, thank you! It's nice to have ppl who can relate!

Red, you asked on the prior page why we started low carb. Knowing I have the same metabolism as my mom started me reading Dr Atkins' books years ago. Back then I wasn't ready, as evidenced in my diet journals. I'd start out okay in the day, go to Mc'Ds but it was "okay" because I'd only have 1/2 the bun and a few French fries.... Lol!

Last year when talking to a friend, telling her about all the volunteer work I do, (in addition to running my own business), she asked: "When are you going to volunteer for you?!". That hit home.

Around the holidays, anytime I'd eat sugar, my belly would bloat and my asthma would kick in. I, too, was tired of the eat too much, berate myself, say I'd do something about it tomorrow. Tomorrow would come and I'd start the overeating process again. Eat sugar, then protein to balance it out... What a mess.

Earlier this year I went out walking around in the desert. My hips started to hurt SO BAD from being lazy all winter. Scared me so bad! I quietly sat on the trailer wheel well and said nothing to no one. Inside I was screaming "I am too young for a hip replacement!!"

So, that is why I started, and stay on, the low carb WOE.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It is pretty loosey goosey. 1T HWC to 8+oz of diet soda. But how much HWC in how much diet soda is completely up to you. I do 1oz to about 8oz of soda and keep refilling my glass when it gets 1/3 down so it goes a while.

Rootbeer is good. Fruity sodas are good although probably not citrus types. DP is pretty good. Pepsi is so-so. Sky's the limit =)
Crack Zero, I mean Coke Zero, is also really good. But I can't keep that in my house for obvious reasons!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #803
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion68 View Post
Deborah, thank you! It's nice to have ppl who can relate!

Red, you asked on the prior page why we started low carb. Knowing I have the same metabolism as my mom started me reading Dr Atkins' books years ago. Back then I wasn't ready, as evidenced in my diet journals. I'd start out okay in the day, go to Mc'Ds but it was "okay" because I'd only have 1/2 the bun and a few French fries.... Lol!

Last year when talking to a friend, telling her about all the volunteer work I do, (in addition to running my own business), she asked: "When are you going to volunteer for you?!". That hit home.

Around the holidays, anytime I'd eat sugar, my belly would bloat and my asthma would kick in. I, too, was tired of the eat too much, berate myself, say I'd do something about it tomorrow. Tomorrow would come and I'd start the overeating process again. Eat sugar, then protein to balance it out... What a mess.

Earlier this year I went out walking around in the desert. My hips started to hurt SO BAD from being lazy all winter. Scared me so bad! I quietly sat on the trailer wheel well and said nothing to no one. Inside I was screaming "I am too young for a hip replacement!!"

So, that is why I started, and stay on, the low carb WOE.
Great story and that is a great question
Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #804
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
Crack Zero, I mean Coke Zero, is also really good. But I can't keep that in my house for obvious reasons!
Ugh! I just tried it with diet coke cherry. YUK!

It was drinkable but I won't make that one again
Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #805
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Red, you don't like mayo?

I know it is strange, especially considering the fact that I am LC and eat eggs and oil like they are going out of style heh.

I might try to make some homemade and see what happens. I can control everything doing that. But I make no promises.

Quote:
I am back to my loss of 10 lbs this morning so hoping I don't go up any by tomorrow so I can post that in my siggy weight. And especially since I sang from the rooftops here on the board that I had hit a 10 lb loss

Quote:
I first started LC around 2001 or so, thought it was the answer to my dieting woes. And, I did lose just a little and then easily maintained but gave up due to no more weight loss, after tweaking and tweaking and tweaking. But, the tweaks I never tried were limiting protein and lowering calories. One would have led to the other of course but back then I was getting diabetes and due to high BS I had this enormous appetite, but didn't know why.
Another great story!

Quote:
Truly hoping this WOE continues to work for me and it is the "final" answer
I'm confident that it is
Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #806
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, some of the floats that sound like they would be good, just aren't.

What is zero coke flavored with? I tried diet rite several years ago when they started using splenda and I really like that but my DD who loves diet coke doesn't care for it.

Red, have you been to Aldi's in Denton yet? I have not but see we are getting one in Lewisville and people are saying they have great prices on cream, eggs, pork rinds, etc.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #807
Blabbermouth!!!

There's one in Saginaw that I've been in a few times. Mostly we just price match them at Wal-Mart =)

You'll hear that Aldi's ran Wal-Mart out of town. And they did do that so that is pretty amazing right there. What you won't here is that it was in Europe, Germany I think. But they certainly challenge Wal-Mart for low prices.

You have to love their spunk. They open stores as close to WM as they can lol.

I know the WM in Hurst carried gallon milk for .99 for months because of the new Aldi that was built across the street.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:04 AM   #808

Gallery: Passion68
Stats: 294/268.8/145 5'5"
WOE: 20 carbs/Lcal
Start Date: 01/02/2012
Have ya'll tried a diet orange float? I LOVE anything orange and was wondering if it tastes like a creamscicle.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #809
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
down 1.8lbs to virgin weight (yes I said it lololol) 192.2lbs....
my caloric intake yesterday was low cause I didn't eat supper...but I did stay on plan and I had fat bombs, hwc and CO in coffee....etc......
Old 09-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #810
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
down 1.8lbs to virgin weight (yes I said it lololol) 192.2lbs....
my caloric intake yesterday was low cause I didn't eat supper...but I did stay on plan and I had fat bombs, hwc and CO in coffee....etc......

..and hubby will be overjoyed to hear it
Closed Thread