Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinglessofme View Post
Bye RED does the CO make ur coffee have a coconut flavor or is it tasteless. I fringe coffee everyday and that would be a great way for me to get CO in my plan.
CO in coffee takes some getting used to for sure.

It feels oily on the tongue and coats the inside of your mouth.

No, it doesn't give the coffee a CO taste but I drink my coffee pretty strong and I use HWC for added fat.

If you just stir it into a cup the CO will rise to the top and your first few slurps will be almost straight CO. And it will have a bit of a CO flavor.

What I've been doing the last couple of weeks is brewing my coffee into a 24 oz thermos. Doing it like that, I was happy to find, allows me to shake it up before I pour a cup which reincorporates the CO.

If you use the refined kind, like LouAnn, there's no flavor.
reddarin is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 907
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Been staying at/around 80%Fat, 16%Protein and 4%Carbs and haven't lost any weight. Gained .4 lbs......Hmmm suggestions!
melisa82 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
Been staying at/around 80%Fat, 16%Protein and 4%Carbs and haven't lost any weight. Gained .4 lbs......Hmmm suggestions!
What is your calorie intake?
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 907
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
What is your calorie intake?
1250 calories yesterday
melisa82 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
1250 calories yesterday
I'd guess you aren't eating enough calories.

According to the BMR calculator thingie a female 5'6 194 pounds needs about 1850 cal to maintain and 1550 to lose - with a sedentary lifestyle no exercise.

So, if you are sedentary you are well below the level to lose which may mean that your body is fighting you thinking it is starving.

If you are active then you are way below the mark and starving your body.

If it is simply a calorie thing then it should be fairly easy fix.

According to a formula worked out by Dr. Jan Kwasniewski, your minimum protein requirement is 68g. That is your height in cm minus 100 and +/- 10% for a range of 59 to 77 grams. With his formula your carbs and fat are based off the protein you should be eating. That protein number is how much you must eat to avoid losing lean muscle mass. His formula is like this: 2.5 to 3.5 * protein = fat grams daily; protein grams * .5 = carb grams daily.


It makes a lot of sense and when I run your numbers his are about what the BMR calculator says:


You should be eating about 145g Fat (1305 calories), 58g Protein (232 calories), 29g Carbs (116 calories) = 1653 calories.

Going by the 1250 calories and percentages you ate yesterday you had pretty close to:

111g Fat
50g Protein
13g Carbs

That other thread that a couple of people mentioned is very informative. That is where I got the information to figure out your f/p/c grams and all.

Does all that make sense?
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
1250 calories yesterday
By the way, do you have any health issues? That can have a huge impact on how well you do on any LC plan.
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 907
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
No health issues that I am aware of. I have lost 50 pounds since Feb 27th of this year, but haven't lost but 5 pounds since July 17th. Going to try and eat more calories and see what happens. Thanks!
melisa82 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Okay, give it a try and keep us posted =)
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Midwest
Posts: 143
Gallery: Naples11
Stats: (200# pg) 120s
WOE: ZC for mental health
Also for us women, never underestimate the power of your cycle. I personally don't dump weight except during the first few days of my cycle ... doesn't mean I'm not losing along the way, but the scale usually doesn't show it until day 2 or so. Hormones are a powerful thing, even when you're following your plan to a T. Something to keep in mind, anyway. It helps me to view my body as my own personal science experiment, sort of take the emotional/judgmental aspect out of it if I can. Good luck!
Naples11 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
but haven't lost but 5 pounds since July 17th.Thanks!
Your profile blurb says LC then JUDDD. Did you switch to JUDDD when you plateaued? Or are you doing that now?

When I stalled at 205 I I'd already fallen away from food logging and keeping a close eye on my percentages. I know I had some calorie creep and some carb creep.

I'm certain that my protein percentage was way too high.
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member
 
melisa82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle Area
Posts: 907
Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
I've been doing JUDDD low-carb since the end of March. Ugh. Up another .4 pounds this morning.
melisa82 is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 124
Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I'd guess you aren't eating enough calories.

According to the BMR calculator thingie a female 5'6 194 pounds needs about 1850 cal to maintain and 1550 to lose - with a sedentary lifestyle no exercise.

So, if you are sedentary you are well below the level to lose which may mean that your body is fighting you thinking it is starving.

If you are active then you are way below the mark and starving your body.

If it is simply a calorie thing then it should be fairly easy fix.

According to a formula worked out by Dr. Jan Kwasniewski, your minimum protein requirement is 68g. That is your height in cm minus 100 and +/- 10% for a range of 59 to 77 grams. With his formula your carbs and fat are based off the protein you should be eating. That protein number is how much you must eat to avoid losing lean muscle mass. His formula is like this: 2.5 to 3.5 * protein = fat grams daily; protein grams * .5 = carb grams daily.


It makes a lot of sense and when I run your numbers his are about what the BMR calculator says:


You should be eating about 145g Fat (1305 calories), 58g Protein (232 calories), 29g Carbs (116 calories) = 1653 calories.

Going by the 1250 calories and percentages you ate yesterday you had pretty close to:

111g Fat
50g Protein
13g Carbs

That other thread that a couple of people mentioned is very informative. That is where I got the information to figure out your f/p/c grams and all.

Does all that make sense?
OMG Reddarin, do you think you can help me figure out my numbers?
Bernsy - free online diet and fitness journal

I am 5'5 1/2" so I guess 165 cm - 100 = 58 to 71.5 grams protein?
130ish weight (don't have a scale) but I think it may be more by now

Thanks!!
Bernsy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
OMG Reddarin, do you think you can help me figure out my numbers?
lol okay give me a minute =)
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
I am 5'5 1/2" so I guess 165 cm - 100 = 58 to 71.5 grams protein?
I rounded up for your minimum protein to 66g.

So your range is 59 to 73.

We'll do minimum values since we want to cut overall calories to lose weight.

59g P = (time 2.5 =) 147g Fat and (times 0.5 =) 29g Carbs.

The calorie breakdown is:

59gP 236
147gF 1323
29gC 116
--------
1675 daily calories

I looked at your food journal that you'd linked. It looks like you are eating on the high side of your daily protein requirement. Adjust it downwards. And your calories are low too.

Too much protein knocks you out of ketosis and makes it hard for the body to shed fat. Excess protein is converted to carbs.

Too little calories and your body goes into starvation mode.

Your percentages look good. That is very, very interesting. That other thread I mentioned earlier said exactly that - percentages are tricky.

So, try reducing your protein and increasing your calories to 1550-1650 range.

I'm curious if you are getting hungry eating the way you've logged the last week or so? Obviously not unmanagable hunger since your logs are consistent. Did you really eat 600 calories that one day or was it off log?
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
130ish weight (don't have a scale)
If you are blessed enough to not have a scale use a tape measure. It is much, much more meaningful and the tape measure will show success when the scale doesn't =)

I just took my measurements today. Dunno how a female does it but I think it is bust, hips, and belly. Now, just where a woman's belly exactly is has been a fact that no man has determined.
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
I've been doing JUDDD low-carb since the end of March. Ugh. Up another .4 pounds this morning.
Hmmmm.

I really do not know the details of JUDDD. I know it is high/low days. I know there are a lot of fans in that forum and a few feverishly devoted high priestesses that escape and badger the rest of us for a while

HEY! Don't sweat the .4 pounds. That is 1/4 of a bottle of water for goodness sake.

I would say that if you are stalled on JUDDD then go back to 'regular' LC for a bit to break the stall. Changing up your routine seems to be a pretty common fix for stalls around here. In fact, I've read people's posts about being stalled and going to JUDDD and it breaking their stall. No reason that can't work the other way round.

Let's get your f/p/c grams/percentages fixed and see what happens.

=)
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Weigh in this morning was at 203.6 which is what it was day before yesterday so no change.
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Hey, are ya'll supplementing magnesium? You should be if you aren't. One of the things it does is help metabolize fat.

Check out this Jimmy Moore podcast about it. This is the direct link so right-click and save as:

http://traffic.libsyn.com/llvlcshow/...ey-robbins.mp3
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 941
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
I am trying hard to get my ratios in order, but stay at a reasonable calorie limit.

Today my calories are 1,199 with 80% fat/17.4% protein/2.6% carbs.

Any suggestions for keeping that fat content up while keeping calories less than about 1400?
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 124
Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
I rounded up for your minimum protein to 66g.

So your range is 59 to 73.

We'll do minimum values since we want to cut overall calories to lose weight.

59g P = (time 2.5 =) 147g Fat and (times 0.5 =) 29g Carbs.

The calorie breakdown is:

59gP 236
147gF 1323
29gC 116
--------
1675 daily calories

I looked at your food journal that you'd linked. It looks like you are eating on the high side of your daily protein requirement. Adjust it downwards. And your calories are low too.

Too much protein knocks you out of ketosis and makes it hard for the body to shed fat. Excess protein is converted to carbs.

Too little calories and your body goes into starvation mode.

Your percentages look good. That is very, very interesting. That other thread I mentioned earlier said exactly that - percentages are tricky.

So, try reducing your protein and increasing your calories to 1550-1650 range.

I'm curious if you are getting hungry eating the way you've logged the last week or so? Obviously not unmanagable hunger since your logs are consistent. Did you really eat 600 calories that one day or was it off log?
How do I increase the calories while lowering the protein? - Been trying to lower protein but I'm finding it difficult. Feels like I'm eating too much fat already. Do you think I should add another tablespoon of coconut oil to maybe a coffee/tea during the day? I'm waiting for my two avocados to ripen so I can add them to my lunches ... what else?

1550 - 1650 calories? wholly cow that sounds high! I am about to give up this woe because I am putting on weight. Am I going to starve as I lower protein? I was going home tonight to a tablespoon of coconut oil and a 5oz piece of salmon steak with 1 cup of broccoli - so what do you suggest? I usually leave the broccoli plain, should I butter it, even after having the coconut oil?
Bernsy is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
May I ask how old you are Bernsy and your activity level?

I just assumed you are female, is that right?

How long have you been doing LC?
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
Am I going to starve as I lower protein?
NO! Fat satiates. That is why LC plans work. They are always high fat, moderate/low protein and low carb.

So. No starving!

=)
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I am trying hard to get my ratios in order, but stay at a reasonable calorie limit.

Today my calories are 1,199 with 80% fat/17.4% protein/2.6% carbs.

Any suggestions for keeping that fat content up while keeping calories less than about 1400?
Are you active? I thought I saw you post something about exercising in another thread.

1200 is low for an active person.

It looks like your fat and protein is a bit low.

A 2 or 300 calorie high fat meat is probably about right.

But, a more direct answer to your question ... To hit what you want is only a tbs or two away with coconut oil.
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
How do I increase the calories while lowering the protein? - Been trying to lower protein but I'm finding it difficult.
Essentially, you just combine the two. Instead of eating a lean portion of protein eat a fat rich one.

So, add a tbs of CO to the fish after you've cooked it and you have a high fat protein. Or the broccoli like you were thinking. Real butter is good too.
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernsy View Post
1550 - 1650 calories? wholly cow that sounds high!
There are very few hard and fast rules when it comes to dieting Bernsy.

These are all generic numbers. We have to mold them to work for you.

Remember, low carb isn't about pigging out so don't feel obligated to eat xx number of calories if you aren't hungry.

=)
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member
 
princesswu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Utah
Posts: 469
Gallery: princesswu
Stats: Goal Met-(225 to 150!!!!) New G:150-154/145/135
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Jan/04
Today is the day!

Started this morning!! Got all my food gathered. Very Excited!

Thanks for everyone's support!!!!

I had 1/2 deviled egg and sausage patty with mayo salt and pepper. I had a tablespoon of spinach sour cream dip (carbs only from spinach) on track. 84% fat 15% protein and 1% carbs.

Just a thought.... this plan is really about consistency and looking at your own personal trends. It's a little about tweaking in regards to fat. For those who are worried about this not being healthy, just remember that when you invest fat it does not go directly into the blood stream - it is broken down first. If you are worried about your LDL's (bad cholesterol that causes atherosclerosis) keep your eating very clean, take in fats like your omega fish oils, eat coconut oil, flax oil etc.

This plan also takes time and a large amount of effort to get your percentages. Putting in each meal at a time is what should happen. You can't expect this to work if you just calculate for the day!!!! Each meal is individual and should meet the percentages. You should be calculating at first on fit day- 5-6 times a day at least.

This plan is not for everyone! It takes time and if you get frustrated easily and you just want a list of what you can have, this is not right for you.

Also, if you are not losing weight look at how you are entering your food, is it meal by meal and measured - not guessed, are you consistent with your totals - did you eat 2 tortilla chips or 5 chocolate chips - these are excuse foods. It is not on the plan. It is not a plan carb. Last but not least, you cant look at your calories for one day. Look at your trend. fYI - If you are justifying, you are self sabotaging yourself and the plan. The question to ask is why? Why aren't you worth it, have you been hurt in the past and this is a barrier, do you have people in your life that criticize - a great way to help with this is looking at Byron Katie. She has several cd's out and they have helped me in my life more than I can ever say. If it is about willpower, you may want to look at "willpower" by Kelly McGonigal, phd. Both of these are great resources. I have found with weight loss a lot has to do with changing your mind.

Just a few thoughts. I am really excited to see everyone's progress.

PAT- Hi, I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE! I went looking for our recipes and most have been deleted. That's interesting! So if you have any, that would be great. I guess I will start creating. I remember a few, so as time goes on I will post them.

Check in tomorrow with my progress. Heather
__________________
ON MY WAY
princesswu is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 941
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Are you active? I thought I saw you post something about exercising in another thread.

1200 is low for an active person.

It looks like your fat and protein is a bit low.l.
I do about 1/2 hour not very strenuous cardio about 3 times a week. About 3 times a week I do a 20 minute or so kettlebell workout.

This is my menu for today. I had to add some extra mayo and extra olive oil in places to get the fat content up.

B: lazy Egg Yolk salad

L: Tilapia steamed in butter; small romaine Salad tossed with olive oil

D: Chicken with sour cream sauce; small romaine Salad tossed with olive oil

S: low carb Mini Cheese Cake; Diet Root Beer "float" made with HWC

1,199 Calories; 7.5g Total Carbs (6.3g Net)

80% Fat (103g)/ 17.4% Protein (50.5g)/ 2.6% Total Carbs

Last edited by theLossgirl; 09-10-2012 at 12:14 PM..
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Patlaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: In a small town on the sunny coast of Spain.
Posts: 3,232
Gallery: Patlaf
Stats: start 226/178/145
WOE: Atkins
Heather, these recipes really brought back memories. My Banta downfall was too many dessert recipes, but there are some really good non desserty type recipes here. The sausage/cabbage stuffing is delicious and tastes just like the traditional bread stuffing.

My current favorite breakfast is half an avocado mashed with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise and two slices of crisp bacon, diced.

Bon appetit!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...a-recipes.html

Pat
Patlaf is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,452
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I do about 1/2 hour not very strenuous cardio about 3 times a week. About 3 times a week I do a 20 minute or so kettlebell workout.

This is my menu for today. I had to add some extra mayo and extra olive oil in places to get the fat content up.

B: lazy Egg Yolk salad

L: Tilapia steamed in butter; small romaine Salad tossed with olive oil

D: Chicken with sour cream sauce; small romaine Salad tossed with olive oil

S: low carb Mini Cheese Cake; Diet Root Beer "float" made with HWC

1,199 Calories; 7.5g Total Carbs (6.3g Net)

80% Fat (103g)/ 17.4% Protein (50.5g)/ 2.6% Total Carbs
First off, what is the diet rootbeer and HWC float??? That sounds really tasty heh. How do you make it?

You are already below goal. You are trying to strike a balance to maintain right now then?

For maintenance I think you just need to add a skosh more protein and about 40 grams more fat. That'd put you a bit over 1500 cals a day.

According to the BMR thing though your maintenance level calories should be closer to 1700. So you might need to adjust up a bit to stay level where you are now.

Or, you could drop some of the exercise you are doing.

Last edited by reddarin; 09-10-2012 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: oops hit enter too quick.
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 124
Gallery: Bernsy
WOE: Atkins/Gary Taubes
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
May I ask how old you are Bernsy and your activity level?

I just assumed you are female, is that right?

How long have you been doing LC?
Just turned 46 (can't believe I said it out loud)! don't tell anyone! Yes, female.

I started a doctor monitored low carb/low fat program in November 2004 and lost 47 pounds. Couldn't believe how I was able to maintain and felt terrific low carbing. Maybe my body realized at some point, no long ago, that I am getting too much protein? I don't know. Things were not this difficult before. Haven't had bread, pasta, potatoes...... in years - no diet soda, no gum. Maybe I am in starvation mode - is it really possible?

About 20 minutes before breakfast & dinner I take 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, so I should add even more fat once my dinner is cooked?

I'm out walking or biking with my family every night - using the stairs at work all day but I haven't worked out in a while because I really wrenched my neck/upper back and just haven't got back into it.
Bernsy is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriendsŪ is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.