Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #331
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
High fat, low to moderate protein recipes?

there already is one...

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #332
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lowcarbella
Stats: 241(pregnancy highest)/175/150(or 20-25%BF)
WOE: LCHF/NK my way
Start Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
There is????
I was lurking all around the recipe board and didn't find it.Ok ignore this then.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #333
Blabbermouth!!!

Ja, don't ask me where the mods put it but they made it a sticky or something....its all good....I happen to catch it on the NK thread....
Old 09-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #334
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddarin View Post
Ah, you have to subtract 100 from your cm number:

Protein range: 61-74

Daily Goals
----------
Protein: 61
Fat: 152
Carbs: 30

Total calories: 1735

------

It is interesting because someone in the NK thread, I think, mentioned that the cm-100 number converted to KG is your estimated ideal weight.

It seems to be dead on for me. Something like 182 pounds and I'd set my stab in the dark makes sense to me goal at 185 =)
Ah HA, where did I miss the minus 100??? Duh! That is funny because those numbers you give me are pretty much what I have figured out from another formula. I have never gotten that high on calories, although I would love to think I could and lose. I am very sedentary though so think for now I will keep trying to keep them below 1500, like I said, if I start losing obscene amounts of weight, I will up the calories, tongue in cheek!!!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #335
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Ah, you have to subtract 100 from your cm number:

Protein range: 61-74

Daily Goals
----------
Protein: 61
Fat: 152
Carbs: 30

Total calories: 1735

------

It is interesting because someone in the NK thread, I think, mentioned that the cm-100 number converted to KG is your estimated ideal weight.

It seems to be dead on for me. Something like 182 pounds and I'd set my stab in the dark makes sense to me goal at 185 =)
Red, where does it say you have to subtract 100? I am not questioning you on the figure b/c that comes out right, but, I just posted that formula over on the other thread and am afraid that someone will get confused like I did
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #336
Blabbermouth!!!

Buffy, it goes by ur height. So 167. something....then rounded up is 168cm
negative the 100. 68 then 10% up and 10% down gives u the protein range...
Old 09-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #337
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
MOrning all

Red, what do you do for exercise??? (yes rec "gymnastics" with your significant other counts!!!!)

And how much water do you think you consume in a day?????
Morning Christina =)

Actually, the exercise and water question are intertwined. I get most of my exercising from going to the bathroom non-stop lol

For real though, I don't exercise. I have some hand grips that I use because I found out several months ago that I had very little grip strength.

I did join a local mom and pop gym a couple two or three months ago. I really liked it and was looking forward to getting fit. But the gym was in financial trouble and the guy that owned the place had to get a job. I trusted him to not injure me, he is a lifelong boxer and weight lifter and was in the marines for a few years. I didn't trust his very young staff.

So, I am open to doing that again when time and circumstances allow.

Probably your indirect question is my thinking on where exercise fits in an LC life? Personally, I don't think it is necessary. Some high profile LC experts don't think it is very important either as far as weight loss goes, or even general health.

I do believe that being fit and exercising is better than not being fit but it isn't super important to me right now.

And, of course, the fact is that exercise makes you hungry. So if you don't have a firm grip on the LC woe it is another point of failure for new LC'rs.

*I indented this block to highlight the fact that it is my opinion only.

Frankly, if you are really overweight, exercise is the last thing you need to do when you start LC, in my anonymous internet poster opinion. You won't speed up your weight loss. You will add the stress of starting an exercise regimen. You will view both LC and exercise as tied together so you'll quit LC when you throw in the towel on exercising. Etc..

Again, let me stress, that is just my opinion. Lots of people firmly believe it helps them and are passionate about it.
I drink a helluva a lot of water and diet soda all day long. An amazing amount. At least a dozen bottles of water a day. At least 2 liters of soda. Plus the 48oz of coffee. Plus the ice I use in my glass all day long.

I have to make a concerted effort to cut way back towards the evening or I'll be up all night with trips to the bathroom.

Quote:
(yes rec "gymnastics" with your significant other counts!!!!)
lol

Last edited by reddarin; 09-16-2012 at 08:45 AM..
Old 09-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #338
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
This is the link...
Old 09-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #339
Blabbermouth!!!

ty for taking the time (and I actually agree)
Old 09-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #340
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Red, where does it say you have to subtract 100? I am not questioning you on the figure b/c that comes out right, but, I just posted that formula over on the other thread and am afraid that someone will get confused like I did
OMG!!!!!

Thank you Buffy!! I completely messed up my blurb when I created the spreadsheet!!

Man. Now it is too late to edit the posts I made. I'll see if Dottie minds editing them for me.

Thanks for catching that Buffy. Mistakes like that are so confusing to everyone!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #341
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Quick, go edit it before the edit thing clock runs down. After a little while you can't edit your posts any more
Old 09-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #342
Blabbermouth!!!

Starving this morning.....that never happens....I already had 2fat bombs and 3coffees with almond milk (I use 1/2cup per coffee -big cups_lolol) Waiting to see if that did the trick...weird.....
Old 09-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
OMG!!!!!

Thank you Buffy!! I completely messed up my blurb when I created the spreadsheet!!

Man. Now it is too late to edit the posts I made. I'll see if Dottie minds editing them for me.

Thanks for catching that Buffy. Mistakes like that are so confusing to everyone!
Just figured I was doing something wrong, so glad to pin the blame on someone else
Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #344
Big Yapper!!!!

A couple of people caught it over there and I also posted the mistake, hope it won't screw anyone else up. That thread moves so fast that I hope people see the corrections. I'm sure they will
Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
A couple of people caught it over there and I also posted the mistake, hope it won't screw anyone else up. That thread moves so fast that I hope people see the corrections. I'm sure they will
I just PM'd Dottie with the uncorrected uneditable original posts (2 of mine and the one you did) with the bad part and the correction needed.

I hope she's here and doesn't mind taking care of it.

I'm blaming the spreedsheet software for not knowing what I meant to say instead of what I said and not alerting me when I did it.

Thank goodness it was only 3 posts total that are uncorrectable.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #346
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, thank you for doing that Red, I have never nor did I know, how to ask to edit posts.

I figured up my daughters number and now she is going to give it a try. I just know it will work for her if she can do it with her crazy, hectic schedule. I will help all I can, have fat bombs in the freezer for her right now. She is sooo carb addicted.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #347
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Oh, thank you for doing that Red, I have never nor did I know, how to ask to edit posts.

I figured up my daughters number and now she is going to give it a try. I just know it will work for her if she can do it with her crazy, hectic schedule. I will help all I can, have fat bombs in the freezer for her right now. She is sooo carb addicted.
heh Dottie responded within minutes and corrected all three posts for us

It is a challenge to do with a hectic schedule if you are starting cold.

You might recommend that she strive for cutting out wheat/gluten. That will zap a lot of carbs right there if she is making the choice on the fly. And it is pretty easy if she is eating on the go because she just has to remember to ask if they have anything wheat-free or gluten-free.

Stress that it is not that she has to go gluten-free but it is a great way to avoid long conversations about LC with total strangers at fast food and restaurant places. And it cuts right to the chase.

Is she very overweight? If so, and if she can knock back the carbs to, say, <100g or so a day I think she'll see some pretty dramatic results really quickly.

I hope she kicks butt with us =)
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #348
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Starving this morning.....that never happens....I already had 2fat bombs and 3coffees with almond milk (I use 1/2cup per coffee -big cups_lolol) Waiting to see if that did the trick...weird.....
I've gotten up hungry a couple of times this past week. My coffee is heavily spiked with fat though so once I start drinking it I'm good till 2 in the afternoon if I want to wait that late for lunch. I get up at 5am and finish the coffee by 7 or so.

How do you like the almond milk in your coffee?
Old 09-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #349
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Buffy, it goes by ur height. So 167. something....then rounded up is 168cm
negative the 100. 68 then 10% up and 10% down gives u the protein range...
Good catch on the -100 thing Christina
Old 09-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #350
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
heh Dottie responded within minutes and corrected all three posts for us

It is a challenge to do with a hectic schedule if you are starting cold.

You might recommend that she strive for cutting out wheat/gluten. That will zap a lot of carbs right there if she is making the choice on the fly. And it is pretty easy if she is eating on the go because she just has to remember to ask if they have anything wheat-free or gluten-free.

Stress that it is not that she has to go gluten-free but it is a great way to avoid long conversations about LC with total strangers at fast food and restaurant places. And it cuts right to the chase.

Is she very overweight? If so, and if she can knock back the carbs to, say, <100g or so a day I think she'll see some pretty dramatic results really quickly.

I hope she kicks butt with us =)

She would like to lose 50 lbs, I figured up her plan, she is 5'7" and gave it to her. Pro 63-77
Fat 157-192
Carbs 31-38

She has my wheat belly book and I told her to try to keep it very simple at first to eliminate wheat but I will give her your hint on what to ask for when eating out.

So hoping she can get on board and stick with it, I know it will help her.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #351
Blabbermouth!!!

Red, I have tried several and the only one I like is "Blue Diamond" unsweetened vanilla and or chocolate.
I have also tried the coconut milks or a mix of the two and don't care for them. I do like coconut milk from the can however....Have not tried the Arc-D one Kristn is referring to .
Old 09-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #352
Big Yapper!!!!

Christina, was the one you tried actually coconut milk or coconut beverage? The beverage is the one we didn't not like at all.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #353
Blabbermouth!!!

U know the diff comp....silk etc......coconut milk I only like in the can where its only coconut and water....the other concoction I don't care for at all...
Old 09-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #354
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
She would like to lose 50 lbs, I figured up her plan, she is 5'7" and gave it to her. Pro 63-77
Fat 157-192
Carbs 31-38

She has my wheat belly book and I told her to try to keep it very simple at first to eliminate wheat but I will give her your hint on what to ask for when eating out.

So hoping she can get on board and stick with it, I know it will help her.
I'm pretty sure most national fast food chains do bunless versions of the stuff they serve. I know Wendy's does. Also, Wendy's chili is fairly low carb I think.

Gluten-free <> wheat-free though which is annoying. But if she reads the book she'll find that out I reckon.

Dr. Davis says 'lose the wheat, lose the weight' but there are so many wheat-free frankenfoods that it isn't a given that you'll lose weight just going wheat-free if you eat a bunch of that junk as an alternative.

I do believe, however, that overweight people *are* all subject to the wheat roller coaster that he describes even if they aren't otherwise outwardly affected by it.

That accounts for how skinny people can pig out on wheat products and stay skinny. Until their metabolism gets so damaged that they stop staying skinny and slowly start putting on weight. That probably describes 80% of the overweight population.

I tell you what, though, if she is on that wheat roller coaster, like I was, she'll be unchained from the uncontrollable often sub-conscious desire to eat something, anything, after eating just a couple of hours before.

I'm eager to hear what she thinks of the book!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:40 AM   #355
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Uthe other concoction I don't care for at all...
That makes 3 of us
Old 09-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #356
Big Yapper!!!!

She has tried LC and knows it works for her, just always gave in and I think partly b/c she was buying a lot of the LC foods on the market, the bars, etc. That is why I told her to just start out very very simple, eggs, meat, fats and a few LC veggies. She is really wanting to do this now so it might just be the right time. Alas though, she is getting a promotion soon and that might just increase her workload. I live close though and can help her with food prep.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #357
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
She has tried LC and knows it works for her, just always gave in and I think partly b/c she was buying a lot of the LC foods on the market, the bars, etc. That is why I told her to just start out very very simple, eggs, meat, fats and a few LC veggies. She is really wanting to do this now so it might just be the right time. Alas though, she is getting a promotion soon and that might just increase her workload. I live close though and can help her with food prep.
She is lucky to have you to help out because the sure way to fail is to be unprepared. A knowledgeable person to help get you kicked off in the right direction and to check with is invaluable. Not to mention the camaraderie from shared sacrifice and success.

My ex-GF is overweight, although good looking and a sweetheart, but even though she saw me lose ~60 pounds in about 6 months she still wouldn't do LC.

We didn't live together or that might have been different because I am a type-A personality lol

But I never ever pressured her about weight. Especially when I lost so much. In fact, I had to point out some of the personal benefits to her for me being skinnier lol. And I know that she knows that the end of it had nothing to do with how big either of us were.

Pushing a rope is doomed to failure.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #358
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Old 09-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #359
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
She is lucky to have you to help out because the sure way to fail is to be unprepared. A knowledgeable person to help get you kicked off in the right direction and to check with is invaluable. Not to mention the camaraderie from shared sacrifice and success.

My ex-GF is overweight, although good looking and a sweetheart, but even though she saw me lose ~60 pounds in about 6 months she still wouldn't do LC.

We didn't live together or that might have been different because I am a type-A personality lol

But I never ever pressured her about weight. Especially when I lost so much. In fact, I had to point out some of the personal benefits to her for me being skinnier lol. And I know that she knows that the end of it had nothing to do with how big either of us were.

You're a good man Red, nothing was worse than when I started putting on weight and my DH constantly was telling me I needed to do something about it. Hmmm, he doesn't do that anymore??? Oh yeah, he has a big ole belly on him now
Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Red could you do the # for my friend
5'6
Weight195
Age 66
Thanks
Closed Thread