Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 05:39 AM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
Today is day 5 down from 4.5 lbs unreal just cutting back on protein and adding hwc to my coffee I'm loving it!!
portcop01 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2012, 05:55 AM   #1502
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Morning all

Congrats to all the losers!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody else keep at it. U will succeed !!!!!
Flavia is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #1503
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 950
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
I just want to say, I'm loving this. I did great at first with just drastically lowering carbs, but now I'm trying to lose a few more vanity pounds and got stuck at the same weight for a couple of weeks. Of course I got the, "those last few pounds can take a long time".

I've only been doing this for a few days but I saw a difference from day one. I have lost 1.5 pounds more so far in only a few days! Hooray!
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:13 AM   #1504
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Good morning everyone!!

Yesterday my (maintenance) intake was:
Protein: 81.6 (18%)
Carbs: 22.9 (4%)
Fat: 186.1 (77%)
Alcohol: 0 (0%)
Calories: 2056
This morning:
Weight: 151.2 (up .4)
Ketones: 1.4
Blood Glucose: 97

I had kettlebell class last night and ate within the 1 hour window after class. I'm not sure how I feel about eating after class rather than before. I'm still getting used to it. I think I end up eating more that way. I had my dinner and then 3 fat bombs! I do not want to get in that habit. Ketones are good, BG is high which I think is due to severe stress.

How is everyone else doing?
__________________
Kristn
50 yo
LC since 2001
257/144.8/150
BF% Goal 26%/20%/20%
February Nutritional Ketosis...Are you in the zone?
Nutritional Ketosis Thread Information and Posts of Interest
My Maintenance Journal
Original weight 2001--257 Maintaining 165-175 from 2002-March 2012
March 2012 to August 2012--175/150 Made Goal 8/27/12!
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #1505
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
to all the new people on the thread!

And congratulations on all of the losses!! They're happening so fast it's hard to keep up!
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #1506
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Question to the woman on this thread pls:
Do you still lose during TOM or do you gain the regular water weight or is it less??????
Flavia is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #1507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,222
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Buffy I agree with you - the fat bombs make me laugh every time I eat one. I am laughing because of all the years I denied myself, white-knuckled through losing weight and occasionally had "cheat days".

After I eat a fat bomb I sarcastically ask myself how long I can live like this! This torture! This delicious delicious indulgent torture! AAAAAAHH!!
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #1508
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,924
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!

Exactly Judy!!! My mouth is certainly happy when I eat a fat bomb.

Tested first thing this morning and my ketone reading was 0.4 so a little below where it should be. Starting day 11 so hopefully I will get in the zone and stay there soon.

Does anyone know what those strips are called, and where to get them, that test your drink for sugar? I am always worried when I am out that I will get a regular coke instead of a diet coke and since fountain drinks do taste different from place to place, I am never quite sure?

Got to go plan my menu for today...
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 AM   #1509
Major LCF Poster!
 
portcop01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,279
Gallery: portcop01
Stats: 197-148-130
WOE: Lc
Start Date: July 15
I think the same thing how can you eat the fat bombs and lose weight.they always say if it taste good it's bad for you..ummm guess someone was wrong.i love them and my hwc.
I really am having a hard time eating now but I no I have to eat 1400 cals.and high fat or I want lose so much..unreal I never ate that much on a diet
portcop01 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #1510
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by g3rmanchik View Post
Question to the woman on this thread pls:
Do you still lose during TOM or do you gain the regular water weight or is it less??????
I always gain water weight during TOM. Usually I stay off the scale, this month I am tracking everything and I've been up and down 2 pounds.
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #1511
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
TY for answering my question
Flavia is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #1512
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,924
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Was hungrier than usual this morning.

Coffee:
3 cups with total 1 T CO and stevia
3 eggs friend in bacon grease
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #1513
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
Good morning everyone!!

Yesterday my (maintenance) intake was:
Protein: 81.6 (18%)
Carbs: 22.9 (4%)
Fat: 186.1 (77%)
Alcohol: 0 (0%)
Calories: 2056
This morning:
Weight: 151.2 (up .4)
Ketones: 1.4
Blood Glucose: 97

I had kettlebell class last night and ate within the 1 hour window after class. I'm not sure how I feel about eating after class rather than before. I'm still getting used to it. I think I end up eating more that way. I had my dinner and then 3 fat bombs! I do not want to get in that habit. Ketones are good, BG is high which I think is due to severe stress.

How is everyone else doing?
Kristn, I was doing weight lifting (similar to the body's result with kettleballs) and was told how important it was to "refuel" the muscles within 20 minutes after a workout! So, your hour after is good, but you may want to take something with you to pop in your mouth after your class before you drive home??? I was told carbs to fuel, but WE KNOW that it's fat for our fuel. Why don't you do a test and take a fat bomb or two with you in a little cooler (so it won't melt) and pop those in your mouth as a reward for the routine and also to fuel the muscles......is anyone out there that has a better grasp on this? I'm only going by what I've read in a few weight lifting books.

I love that your calories are high and you are doing so well...gives me inspiration to keep on going with higher calories than I think I should have! :-)
shelley is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #1514
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 867
Gallery: shelley
OK...here are my results...especially for G3rmanchik/Christina.....

Yesterday I had more calories than usual....1704 (1600 goal)
154.9 fat/83%
61.9 protein (15%)
10.1 total carb (2%) this was a zucchini in 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 in my new fun stuff, macadamia oil!!! YUM!!!!!

Readings this morning....Ketones are up again!!! 1.3 and Glucose went back up from 97 (with no veggie carbs) to 106 with the zucchini for dinner.

I am testing first thing in the morning.....I understand glucose "might" be higher then, and Ketones will be "lower"....but it's the most accurate reading from what I know.

I "feel" differently in my body. Scale is up .2#, but I feel 3# lighter in my "insides". Don't know how to explain it, but it feels like I'm shrinking from the inside out, so it's not showing yet...maybe the fat around my organs? Don't measure again until Sunday, so we'll see if it gets to the "outside" by then! ha ha Clothes fit the same, but I'm wearing oversized shirts and jeans with stretch (hard to tell that way).

Have a super day everyone. I'm off for my walk!
shelley is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:23 AM   #1515
Senior LCF Member
 
maybelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 918
Gallery: maybelle
Stats: 225/battling the 190s/150
Start Date: July 2011
Hi all (and thanks to Buffy for pointing me to this thread).

I've pretty much been stuck around the same weight since January and in the last couple months my weight began fluctuating around 5lbs up/down, unfortunately mostly up. After some research, reading some other threads and listening to advice from you lovely people, I thought maybe I should give the HF/MP/LC a try. Why not.

I think it will take me a while to get used to. While LCing has already gotten rid of some of my fat-phobia, I think it will still take me a little bit to be fully comfortable with +/- 80% fat.

In addition, creating a meal plan will probably be a tough one for me. I figures as much as breakfast being coffee with HWC/CO, but am a little stumped for lunch. For dinner, I'll probably leave the bulk of protein/carbs. Suggestions welcome

I'm rambling...so let me end with what I started- hello
maybelle is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:24 AM   #1516
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,712
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
You will probably notice that many links have been removed from this thread and some posts deleted.
Please take a moment and review the TOS ( Terms of Service - Policy Modification ) for posting links or directs to other sites.

We realize you want to be informed and help each other as much as possible, but please do so within the TOS.

A quick word about blogs as well: Members here have excellent blogs
You may have your blog link in your signature and as your home page (see the TOS for restrictions on what is allowed) however, please refrain from posting links or posting "go to my blog" excessively.
This does cross the line into "promoting other sites" and isn't allowed.

Please check out this link, as well, for trackers and other tools that are allowed: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...available.html .

As always: when in doubt, message a moderator or contact the site ( http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html ) and ask before you post .

Thank you.
__________________
https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx <--FDA tracking tools
http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ <--FDA nutritional counts

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #1517
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,924
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybelle View Post
Hi all (and thanks to Buffy for pointing me to this thread).

You are so welcome, the more of us that become active on this thread, the more we can learn from and help each other.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #1518
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
OK...here are my results...especially for G3rmanchik/Christina.....

Yesterday I had more calories than usual....1704 (1600 goal)
154.9 fat/83%
61.9 protein (15%)
10.1 total carb (2%) this was a zucchini in 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 in my new fun stuff, macadamia oil!!! YUM!!!!!

Readings this morning....Ketones are up again!!! 1.3 and Glucose went back up from 97 (with no veggie carbs) to 106 with the zucchini for dinner.

I am testing first thing in the morning.....I understand glucose "might" be higher then, and Ketones will be "lower"....but it's the most accurate reading from what I know.

I "feel" differently in my body. Scale is up .2#, but I feel 3# lighter in my "insides". Don't know how to explain it, but it feels like I'm shrinking from the inside out, so it's not showing yet...maybe the fat around my organs? Don't measure again until Sunday, so we'll see if it gets to the "outside" by then! ha ha Clothes fit the same, but I'm wearing oversized shirts and jeans with stretch (hard to tell that way).

Have a super day everyone. I'm off for my walk!
ty for posting ur stuff....how often do you exercise and what do you do...I just joined a gym and will start next week (after TOM) I plan on doing a stretch class and a pilates and hard core class....as little as cardio as possible cause I gain weight doing cardio....my adrenals are shoot and any extra stress good or bad makes me gain weight.....
I will start to really be diligent on putting my food into ******....grrrrrr I had to do that for years when I was sick and I really really really dislike it...ugh...
but I need to do it to see where I am at. Right??? Right!!!!!
__________________
Flavia is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #1519
Senior LCF Member
 
3Kids4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 139
Gallery: 3Kids4me
Stats: 202/196/155
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: March 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post

I "feel" differently in my body. Scale is up .2#, but I feel 3# lighter in my "insides". Don't know how to explain it, but it feels like I'm shrinking from the inside out, so it's not showing yet...maybe the fat around my organs? Don't measure again until Sunday, so we'll see if it gets to the "outside" by then! ha ha Clothes fit the same, but I'm wearing oversized shirts and jeans with stretch (hard to tell that way).

Have a super day everyone. I'm off for my walk!
Makes total sense. I could *tell* I was smaller somehow one days the scale said otherwise or even the tape measure. It'll show eventually! Keep up the good work.

--Jamie
3Kids4me is online now  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #1520
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,222
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hi Mom_2_4!

It would obviously be a lot of work, but if you want to know some of your answers right now, start at the beginning of this thread. Also Kristn has in her signature line, a link to so many helpful posts that will answer some of your questions.

Here is that link: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post15924875 on that page it is (today) post #1025.
Today it is post #974.
JMCM1 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #1521
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,924
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
OK...here are my results...especially for G3rmanchik/Christina.....

Yesterday I had more calories than usual....1704 (1600 goal)
154.9 fat/83%
61.9 protein (15%)
10.1 total carb (2%) this was a zucchini in 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 in my new fun stuff, macadamia oil!!! YUM!!!!!

Readings this morning....Ketones are up again!!! 1.3 and Glucose went back up from 97 (with no veggie carbs) to 106 with the zucchini for dinner.

I am testing first thing in the morning.....I understand glucose "might" be higher then, and Ketones will be "lower"....but it's the most accurate reading from what I know.

I "feel" differently in my body. Scale is up .2#, but I feel 3# lighter in my "insides". Don't know how to explain it, but it feels like I'm shrinking from the inside out, so it's not showing yet...maybe the fat around my organs? Don't measure again until Sunday, so we'll see if it gets to the "outside" by then! ha ha Clothes fit the same, but I'm wearing oversized shirts and jeans with stretch (hard to tell that way).

Have a super day everyone. I'm off for my walk!
Shelley, you day looks perfect and a lot like mine yesterday as far as our numbers. How long have you been doing HF/MP/LC?

I know exactly how you feel differently in your body. My stomach is flat, at least flat for someone my size and I feel so much more comfortable and thin inside, so much so that when I got dressed to go out last night I was surprised my clothes weren't looser than they were, . I am only on day 11 though so know that the weight loss and actual decrease of size will take a while to show up but I love feeling thinner.
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #1522
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Kristn, I was doing weight lifting (similar to the body's result with kettleballs) and was told how important it was to "refuel" the muscles within 20 minutes after a workout! So, your hour after is good, but you may want to take something with you to pop in your mouth after your class before you drive home??? I was told carbs to fuel, but WE KNOW that it's fat for our fuel. Why don't you do a test and take a fat bomb or two with you in a little cooler (so it won't melt) and pop those in your mouth as a reward for the routine and also to fuel the muscles......is anyone out there that has a better grasp on this? I'm only going by what I've read in a few weight lifting books.
I got Volek's book The TNT Diet and I've been trying to do the nutrient timing based on that. But I don't do the lots of carbs & protein thing, just my regular meal within an hour of working out.

I am rereading LC Performance and there is a little bit about nutrient timing in there. But they also say you can knock yourself out of ketosis by eating a lot of carbs after working out and they don't recommend it. It's all one big experiment and I'm glad I have my meter!

Quote:
I love that your calories are high and you are doing so well...gives me inspiration to keep on going with higher calories than I think I should have! :-)
My calories are high because I am not trying to lose! When I was actively trying to lose I was about 1300-1400/day. Dr. Phinney was very specific that NK alone isn't going to make you lose weight. You have to be in an energy deficit otherwise your body will use your dietary fat for ketones instead of your body fat. Once you're in ketosis the less fat you eat (within the 65-85% range) the more you will access body fat.
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #1523
Major LCF Poster!
 
mom2zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,591
Gallery: mom2zeke
Stats: 257/144.8/150
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis--Maintenance!
Start Date: August 6, 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
You will probably notice that many links have been removed from this thread and some posts deleted.
Please take a moment and review the TOS ( Terms of Service - Policy Modification ) for posting links or directs to other sites.
Okay, I think I understand. But I want to cry. I spent all that time going through this thread trying to gather information in one place for people who are just starting out and now half of my links are wrong.
mom2zeke is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #1524
Blabbermouth!!!
 
reddarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,460
Gallery: reddarin
Stats: 6' 47y/o 265/193/170
WOE: NK
Start Date: Aug 13, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybelle View Post
In addition, creating a meal plan will probably be a tough one for me. I figures as much as breakfast being coffee with HWC/CO, but am a little stumped for lunch. For dinner, I'll probably leave the bulk of protein/carbs. Suggestions welcome

My meals the last few days have been to have a couple boiled eggs and 1 oz of pork rinds for lunch. Maybe have something fat on hand for a snack mid-afternoon. Dinner has been 3 oz of chicken with some carbs and extra fat (CO to saute it).
reddarin is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #1525
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
I have a fat bomb or CC muffins for lunch w/ coffee with some fat...thats pretty much it...with all the fat I am not really hungry
Flavia is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #1526
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,924
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post


My calories are high because I am not trying to lose! When I was actively trying to lose I was about 1300-1400/day. Dr. Phinney was very specific that NK alone isn't going to make you lose weight. You have to be in an energy deficit otherwise your body will use your dietary fat for ketones instead of your body fat. Once you're in ketosis the less fat you eat (within the 65-85% range) the more you will access body fat.
Ok, I just printed this out. I need to watch my calories a little closer I believe, I have been letting them slip up to around 1600 and while would love to believe I could lose on that or more, I needed to see this statement you posted to remind me that was the reason I didn't lose on LC in the past, too many calories. If I begin to lose enormous amounts of weight each week , won't happen, then I will up the calories, not before! Thanks Kristn, for me this post was very timely!
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #1527
Senior LCF Member
 
theLossgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 950
Gallery: theLossgirl
Stats: 144/131/129 (5'5") Age 44
WOE: HF/MP/VLCarb
Start Date: Weight Loss start 6/12; Goal (first time) 8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by portcop01 View Post
I really am having a hard time eating now but I no I have to eat 1400 cals.and high fat or I want lose so much..unreal I never ate that much on a diet
I know! I was used to measuring my "success" by how badly I was starving when I went to bed, lol. I've never before been truly satisfied while losing weight, let alone actually full.

But last night I caught myself complaining to my husband that, though I really could have easily skipped it, I HAD to force myself to eat my dessert so my calories (just slightly under 1400) and fat (80%) would end up in the right place. Dessert was a mini cheesecake muffin with whipped cream and a diet root beer HWC float, Poor poor me!
__________________
deborah
Befores and After: http://www.bluemelon.com/thelossgirl12/
theLossgirl is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #1528
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Flavia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,595
Gallery: Flavia
Stats: lose 50lbs
I am confused!!! (no surprise there) How does one calculate the calories on which they should be losing???? How did you do it Kristn??? I suppose you figured your total calories and then adjusted downward???? But downward to what??? Sorry too many questions
Flavia is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #1529
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,924
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLossgirl View Post
I know! I was used to measuring my "success" by how badly I was starving when I went to bed, lol. I've never before been truly satisfied while losing weight, let alone actually full.

But last night I caught myself complaining to my husband that, though I really could have easily skipped it, I HAD to force myself to eat my dessert so my calories (just slightly under 1400) and fat (80%) would end up in the right place. Dessert was a mini cheesecake muffin with whipped cream and a diet root beer HWC float, Poor poor me!
Poor baby
Buffy45 is offline  
Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #1530
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,712
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2zeke View Post
Okay, I think I understand. But I want to cry. I spent all that time going through this thread trying to gather information in one place for people who are just starting out and now half of my links are wrong.
lol no one ever reads the announcements - that's been there since March 2010
Dottie is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.