Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rhbrand
Stats: 185/175/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Nov1 2009
Crossfit anyone?

I've been Crossfiting since last Oct, and really enjoy it.

Now I'm ready to step up and try going a little more paleo in my eating and upping my number of WODs I hit in a week to see what it does for me.
rhbrand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bobbyt
Never been really that into Crossfit. Read an article that I completely agree with [Daily Dot- 'Why I don't Do Crossfit' by Erin Simmons] and I know I will never be a crossfitter. If you do moves properly and understand the limits of your body, I think it is totally fine, but most people that aren't aware how moves should be properly executed and what's good/bad for you joints/body, crossfit is going to be a real issue for people in a few years. Just make sure you are really watching what you are doing and don't focus too much on how many reps you're getting in (like most cf coaches think is the most important part)
bobbyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rhbrand
Stats: 185/175/135
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: Nov1 2009
I have two wonderful coaches that preach form over all.

We practice each move with PVC pipe until he ( our main coach) is sure of your form.

He'd rather see you do a few less reps but be able to WOD again than push and do more reps and hurt yourself.
rhbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: palegirl
Stats: 249/144/145 2006:199/136/140 2013:206/165/145
WOE: Atkins Sizes:20W-22M/8/8
Start Date: thanksgiving 2002 Height: 5'7 Age:35
I've only been doing crossfit for 5 weeks, but I am loving it! I am definitely feeling sore right now from going Weds, Thurs, Fri, and Sat in a row this week.
palegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Chrystee
I go to a local crossfit box.. the best thing is to do it with a coach either one on one or at a box.. so that your trainer can watch your form, becuase you CAN hurt yourself.. and to throw your ego out the door, and do your exercise for YOU, and not to compete with others (unless you get to the point where you can actually compete with others, and that takes time. I did it with a coach for a couple years, and then decided to join a box, and they take a whole week to work with you and help you learn the correct form for the basic moves.

And that article is kind of bunk.. I get what they are saying.. but..
Old 07-27-2014, 06:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigRunner
Stats: 247/190/168
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Love going to my Crossfit gym as well.

I used to run marathons. I was always nursing one injury or another. Point is, there is a possibility for injury with whatever sport you are playing whether it''s football, baseball, running, etc. Crossfit is getting super popular and the "the haters gonna hate".

Off my soap box.

I eat paleo. I've found I have better energy and lose weight a little better if I have a consistent amount of starch in my diet. Mostly this is sweet potatoes, but occasionally a white potato or a little white rice or even a few beans here and there. I like Robb Wolf and Mark Sisson's stuff the best. I find I don't do well with fruit or wheat.
BigRunner is offline   Reply With Quote