Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arielle
Stats: 204-195-140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Nov.2011
Personal Trainer?

Anyone here using a personal trainer? Are you experiencing a LOT of muscle pain? I go to the gym 3x a week and I hurt all the time. I am in terrible condition physically, so I assume it will pass?
Arielle
Arielle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 02:36 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ronnie51
I don't use a personal trainer, but I've exercised with weights my entire life and have experienced my share of muscle pain. First, you need to be sure you haven't hurt yourself. Is the pain the worst when you move the affected muscles after a rest period? And does the pain subside somewhat the more you move? This is what muscle soreness feels like. But if you feel pain while the affected muscles are resting, that is not typical muscle soreness and indicates that you may have injured yourself. In that case you would have to stop exercising those muscles until the pain subsides and work your way up to more challenging exercises to avoid another injury. If it is soreness, it will pass as you become more fit. You should practice "muscle confusion" which keeps challenging your muscles to become stronger; this simply means don't keep doing the same exercises over and over again, mix it up for the best results. Also, make sure your body gets a 48-hour rest period for your muscles to recover. If you exercise two days in a row, you should alternate upper and lower body. Meanwhile, an OTC painkiller like Advil or Aleve should help with the soreness. Good luck to you!
Ronnie51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Arielle
Stats: 204-195-140
Start Date: Nov.2011
Thank you Ronnie51. I don't hurt at rest. Just when I reach for something, or stand up or bend over or stretch ,etc. I do have arthritis in my right knee so I try to go easy on that. I guess I will just work through it.
Arielle
Arielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sweetstuff68
Stats: 245/148/145
Usually it's just that you have "torn up" the muscles you're working on and they are going to repair themselves and come out more toned! That is a good thing. Eat lots of protein and drink plenty of water.
sweetstuff68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:51 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Baddabing
Stats: 205.6/169.2/140
Start Date: 1/27/2014
If you have never gone through a gym with a trainer you should. There is a right way and a wrong way for just about every machine and free weight movement. You do the wrong way you do damage and or are wasting valuable muscle building time. Most gym give you a one time free day with a trainer. As far as long time training, some are way better with someone screaming them or being accountable to someone.
Baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote