Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ss1
Stats: 160/137/130-125
Start Date: september 2012
new program Focus T25?

Anyone heard of this? its coming out on monday. 25 minutes no rest 5 days a week and it looks pretty intense. im about 10 pounds from my goal weight (so hard to loose the last bit) and really want to change my body composition. My problem is that with beachbody programs like this, if you dont follow their nutrition guide you dont get the results you want. I dont know what the guide looks like for this program but its not going to be low carb. Im looking to loose some more weight and gain some muscle, so, as someone who wants to get back into exercising, do you guys recommend staying low carb during this program or changing to their nutrition plan?
ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
the problem with all these type programs is they are 'quick fixes' what you need to ask yourself is , is that way of eating maintainable. if it is, regardless of what program you are on, your wont hold those successes.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Ileen! so what your saying is that if I see results with these type of programs, no matter what I cant keep the results? I mean I understand that if I do a program like this its not a get through the 60 days and be done type of thing, ill need to keep up with my nutrition and exercise to maintain the results. Ive gotten down to 135 but still feel like I have some fat to lose and it just wont come off, weight loss has pretty much stopped. I also think i could use a little more muscle on my body which is why I gravitate toward these programs. is there any advice you can give me to help me got to my goals? it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Last edited by ss1; 06-29-2013 at 10:39 AM..
Old 06-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
what im saying is find a WOE that you can maintain, as a lifestyle.

You aren't likely going to gain muscle in a deficit unless you're untrained, detrained/new to training or went from crappy training to something quite effective. Even that has its limits.
Mostly, wt training is going to hold onto muscle while you diet. If it was that easy to gain muscle while dieting, body and physique enthusiast would have no reason to do building phases.

You likely have to tweak something but you havent given enough information. If you've been dieting hard core for a long while, take a break and eat at your maintenance for a few weeks. Then approach it again.

Pick a goal gain muscle or diet
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
I agree with the whole lifestyle change.
We can go on a "diet" to lose weight, but once the diet is over
the weight usually comes back, and then some.
If we do a workout routine to get a quick result, same thing.
Once we hit our goal and stop, the muscles will soften up and in no time were
out of shape again.
When the focus shifts from quickly getting to some imaginary ideal weight
to health, fitness and vitality, then all parts of our life begin to change.
Eating better and exercising regularly are just the tip of the iceberg.
Stress reduction, positive thinking, and self esteem are often improved.
When things change, they change.
As we detoxify our bodies, our minds and spirits improve as well.
I love the new me.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Thanks you guys! Ive been low carb-ing since september and fell much better eating this way which was why I dont want to change the way I eat to workout. Im realizing now that i dont have to do that. I really appreciate the information youve given me!
Old 07-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: krissakris
WOE: Low-Carb Something of Another...
I love Shaun t so if it motivates you I'd try it. It's only 25mins and hopefully you'll continue after the program or find something else to maintain your losses.
krissakris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! ive tried insanity before and i think im going to try this one. I definitely know that i have to work to keep any results so im willing to try it!
Old 07-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #9
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
let us know how it works.. and how hard it is..
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

...and in a fit of impulsiveness i ordered it...can't beat 25mins...talk about an excuse buster
Old 07-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
ss1
Senior LCF Member

lol nice! it seems like the perfect program! 25 minutes, with the option to modify any move. Mine should come tomorrow I will definitely report back!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #12
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Ok, I just finished day one and it was HARD. I wouldnt say its a beginner program although you could modify the entire workout. I definitely pushed myself to keep up with them which I didnt have to, maybe I over estimated my abilities though. I felt like crap during and after, stopped twice and modified a lot but i feel great now lol! I mean theres now where to go but up! its a TOUGH program but you wont get results if its easy. I wouldnt say not to get it, but figure out your limits and go at your own pace, he actually says that through the workout, and youll be fine. I probably just pushed too hard. we will see after tomorrows workout!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #13
I'm not fat, I'm fluffy

Gallery: QueenBacon
Stats: 230/166/130
WOE: paleo eating
Start Date: Low carb living a few yrs now.. Restart Nov 2010
keep us updated!
QueenBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1 View Post
Ok, I just finished day one and it was HARD. I wouldnt say its a beginner program although you could modify the entire workout. I definitely pushed myself to keep up with them which I didnt have to, maybe I over estimated my abilities though. I felt like crap during and after, stopped twice and modified a lot but i feel great now lol! I mean theres now where to go but up! its a TOUGH program but you wont get results if its easy. I wouldnt say not to get it, but figure out your limits and go at your own pace, he actually says that through the workout, and youll be fine. I probably just pushed too hard. we will see after tomorrows workout!
I can't wait to get mine! It should be here tomorrow
Old 07-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #15
ss1
Senior LCF Member

First week down. Ive had to pause the dvd AND modify everyday so far. Its definitely not easy but i think almost anyone can get through it. Theres not much in the nutrition plan, I think the main idea is to eat real foods, nothing processed. there are only a few recipes so its not like you can live off of just those but its a good start. Now I personally just have to get my diet under control. Ever since the 4th its hasnt been good, once you introduce bad foods back in its hard to kick the habit again. Cant wait to see results though!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
First week down. Ive had to pause the dvd AND modify everyday so far. Its definitely not easy but i think almost anyone can get through it. Theres not much in the nutrition plan, I think the main idea is to eat real foods, nothing processed. there are only a few recipes so its not like you can live off of just those but its a good start. Now I personally just have to get my diet under control. Ever since the 4th its hasnt been good, once you introduce bad foods back in its hard to kick the habit again. Cant wait to see results though!
I'm dealing w the same thing. I had a bad weekend and slowly getting back on track.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #17
ss1
Senior LCF Member

well, 3 weeks in and i see no poundage lost, and to be honest i dont think I can measure in the exact same spot every time. Kinda bummed but I only have the last bit to lose. im 136 ish but have lots of fat on me. hopefully ill be building muscle and burning fat at the same time. I think i have seen a change in my butt though, i seem to fill out my saggy butt jeans a little better
Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Keep w it the scale isn't everything. Do you feel good? Do your clothes fit better? Are you making progress in the program?
Old 08-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #19
ss1
Senior LCF Member

that true. I feel butter during the workouts, I dont want to die, but i think im not pushing myself to full potential. I dont feel a difference in my clothes yet but ive been taking pictures and see a little difference which is good! Month 2 looks HARD so im guessing thats where the results will come!

Have you started the program yet Krissakris? how do you like it?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Sicca
Stats: 170/135/135
WOE: Atkins with a bit of Paleo
Start Date: March 2012
I'm starting my third week, and I gained weight :-( however my clothes fit fine, and I can FINALLY see those saddle bags shrinking. I have been maintaining my weight loss for almost a year and those darn saddlebags just won't leave. It was the first trouble area for me so I assume it will be the last to go.

I'm going to finish the 5 weeks of alpha and then go for the 5 weeks of beta. I am DEFINITELY seeing results. Just not on the scale, so I put the stupid thing away until alpha phase is over.

**All in all though I LOVE THIS WORKOUT. It's quick so I can find time to squeeze it in every day. It's Shaun T, he's awesome. It's FUN, and yes the modified moves are so great to have when you get to that point of needing to stop but don't want to.

I did take a before picture. I guess that will be my "scale" when measuring how my body responded to this workout when it's done. LOL...

Jessica
35yo Wife and Mother of two amazing kids (ages 2 & 4)

Visit my Journal - My So Called Low Carb Life
Sicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ronniiee
so glad i read this because im doing t25 lost 4lbs in two and have stayed there grrrrrr

but my close are falling off so i know something is happening just not with the scale. wondering if i should bump up my fats for the workout i love the program however.
ronniiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #22
ss1
Senior LCF Member

I dont know how to post pictures here but My results from day one to week three were AMAZING even though there was no weight loss. MAKE SURE TO TAKE THOSE PICTURES! After that though my body kind of looked the same but I was sick the entire time so its ok. now that im getting better im going to start another round. Re-training that stamina is going to be rough but i did it once i can do it again! Good luck everyone!
Old 10-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I ended up stopping the second round with one week left because my Ab muscles were taking a beating. I didn't realize that my diastasis recti (separation of the center abs) had not fully healed since having my daughter.......and the intense Ab work was making the muscles separate again! Ahh!!! Unfortunately I can't do this program with this condition as it is just too focused on the Core and actually damages my muscles.

HOWEVER I am going to do a hybrid starting January 1 using Focus T25 but it will have more of the lower body focus and just straight cardio workouts with only a few core workouts worked in. I always did well with Shaun T's Insanity fast & furious so will likely add that one in too.

Until then I'm only doing weight training and fast & furious workouts.....taking a little break.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #24
ss1
Senior LCF Member

Wow that sounds painful but im glad you found a way to work around it! Hope you heal soon!
Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Fish_On
Stats: 282/270/225
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 9/30/2013
Started today, hoping for good results, will be doing 5 days a week with C25k.
Fish_On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LexieM
WOE: Atkins - Old School 72 Style :)
Start Date: 10/31/2013
Quote:
Anyone heard of this? its coming out on monday. 25 minutes no rest 5 days a week and it looks pretty intense. im about 10 pounds from my goal weight (so hard to loose the last bit) and really want to change my body composition. My problem is that with beachbody programs like this, if you dont follow their nutrition guide you dont get the results you want. I dont know what the guide looks like for this program but its not going to be low carb. Im looking to loose some more weight and gain some muscle, so, as someone who wants to get back into exercising, do you guys recommend staying low carb during this program or changing to their nutrition plan?
I have done a couple of the Beachbody Programs and had amazing results while following a low carb diet. Just make sure you are getting enough protein and don't drop your calories to low.
LexieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Since doing the program (finished 8 of 10 weeks this summer) I found that now I like the workouts individually to work specific areas. Yesterday I did the Lower Focus and man my legs are starting to feel it already this morning!!!! Later this week I'll do Upper Focus, and then the Total Body one. I just don't have a lot of time to work out - being a Mom of two toddlers, working 40 hrs a week, with a Hubby, 2 dogs, cat, chickens and a whole house to take care of. Ugh.

Thank god for GREAT short workouts like Focus T25, they really do pack a punch into just a little bit of time :-)