Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Punkin
Stats: 160/95/100
WOE: NK or LC
Advice on hiring a personal trainer

I think I am at the point where I need to hire a personal trainer. I am probably down to my last 3 to 5lbs before I hit my goal and my next step is to improve my body composition. I do want to eventually get into competing so I definitely know it is time to hire a trainer. Does anyone have any experience with working with a trainer that could give me some advice. Unfortunately many of my experiences in the past with trainers have been negative, mostly because I couldn't follow the diet due to metabolic issues. But now that I have my diet under control I think I could really benefit from working with a trainer

Any feedback you have would be helpful, thanks!
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: avid
Stats: 180/134/131...
WOE: Lotsa veggies and LC
I would check for certification first. In Florida there is no requirement for pt's to be certified so anyone basically can call themselves a personal trainer and it's perfectly legal.
I work out at a Golds gym and they require certification for all pt's so I know that they at least have a formal education as to fitness dynamics.
Once I'm comfortable with the qualifications, I think it pretty much comes down to the chemistry between you and he/she.
Do they listen to you? do they understand your goals? Do they know how to motivate you? Are they really interested in helping you achieve success as you define it? These are the things that matter to me.
I have been going to my gym regularly for about 10 months and I've seen trainers come and go, but there are a few that I really like.
This is an important decision...you really need to trust this person to build you up without getting injured. I suggest you take your time.
Good luck to you. It's always great to hear that someone is reaching their goal weight yet wants to continue on this journey to health and fitness.