|01-06-2012, 08:20 AM||#1|
Junior LCF Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Start Date: 08/13/2009
Low Carb & Crossfit have stopped working.
How can you be vlc, do crossfit 5 days a week and not loose any weight? It's so discouraging. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
|01-06-2012, 09:31 AM||#2|
Senior LCF Member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Start Date: April 2011
Generally speaking, exercise does NOT generate much weight lose. Sorry. I know all the infomercials say it happens but alas not typical. Exercise does lots of good things for you and to you and you should continue.
There are numerous reasons for not losing weight while exercising. They include:
* your metabolism slowing/resting while not exercising (net zero calorie burn)
* you really did not do that much extra calorie burn -- the machine lie a little
* you did not subtract your basal metabolism ( what you burn if you just sat there)
* you eat more
* you have hit a starvation point -- too few calories in plus the exercise calories - now your body thinks you are starving and fights weight loss
* you are at a weight "set-point"
* you are adding muscle ( unlikely over any given week but possible)
Obviously not all apply or at least not at the same time.
You should look at your diet. See if you are on plan, eating the correct items in the correct portions, etc.
The other possible is that your body is just adjusting. Not every week is going to be a down in weight week. Following your plan correctly means a long term change.
I would suggest posting your demographics ( age, gender, height, current wgt, goal wgt ), a typical daily diet ( qty, carbs, etc ), medications, and any thing else you consume eg vitamins, alcohol. People may have some feedback.
|01-06-2012, 05:43 PM||#3|
Way too much time on my hands!
Join Date: Jul 2002
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02