Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: laranda
Stats: 185lbs 5'1/147/GOAL-110
WOE: Atkins/IF
Start Date: LC Since 09 JUDDD - 1/30/12
Jackie Warner Diet

Jackie Warner is a famous trainer...I'm sure most of you have heard of. I'm reading her book "This is Why You're Fat". It's not LC but it's mainly sugar free. I was wondering if anyone is doing this diet. I've been at it for a week and it SUCKS. I wish I could go running back to Dr. Atkins, but gf likes this one better because she can have two measly slices of bread a day and fruit! She's a vegetarian so she thinks Atkins is too limiting.

Anyway, if any of you have read/heard about it I'd like to hear your thoughts. I posted it here because she focuses on HIITs and Circuit training and all around fat burning.

Thanks
-elle
laranda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
hi!

i've never heard of her/it.
inatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #3

Gallery: Ilpirata
She's the one that had the show about her gym on TV right? She's usually got those killer abs. I haven't read her plan can you post some details about her WOE?
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:12 PM   #4

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: 155/143.4/135
WOE: OKL
Start Date: October 2014
I read her book. Seemed too low calorie to me. She offers two cheat meals a week, on the weekends.
LowCarbRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbRachel View Post
I read her book. Seemed too low calorie to me. She offers two cheat meals a week, on the weekends.
I agree on the low calories! I don't have to count them or anything but the portions she recommends keep the calories low.

This is the plan:
4 Proteins
3 Vegetables
2 Fruits
2 Grains
1 Fat

For a total of 1500 calories. Sugar is pretty much out of the question, except for the fruit. She has an acceptable food list for each category and she's kind of anti-dairy

I finished my first week (which seemed like a month) and I did lose two pounds. I feel like I put those two pounds back on with my treat meals. Also, splurging like that has got me off track. It brought my cravings back. I had a horrible craving day yesterday and today. I feel like I'm going to have to go back to Induction after this.

Anyway, I was trying something new because I was stalled on Atkins and the treat meals were appealing. But I don't think I can last much longer
Old 07-01-2010, 03:21 AM   #6

maybe tailor the treat meals to exclude the starches that are pulling at ya. try and put those starchesgrains pre and post workout..

Are you sure that gain isnt just water wt? when ever you add carbs back in (treat meals) you are going to gain water wt.. do you have any idea how many cals you ate in treat meal/s. if you are still in a deficit, despite those meals, there is no way you gained fat. Take pictures and measurements
Old 07-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
maybe tailor the treat meals to exclude the starches that are pulling at ya. try and put those starchesgrains pre and post workout..

Are you sure that gain isnt just water wt? when ever you add carbs back in (treat meals) you are going to gain water wt.. do you have any idea how many cals you ate in treat meal/s. if you are still in a deficit, despite those meals, there is no way you gained fat. Take pictures and measurements
Wow, Thanks!
That was really helpful. I'm going to sound crazy but I was going to toss out the whole plan because it wasn't working but I feel good about giving it another shot. Yes, starches do make me feel *very* bloated so I am sure it's water weight. Also, the whole starting a new plan thing has really made me emotional

Anyway,
I'm going to start fresh. Thanks for the advice

-elle
Old 07-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #8

you're welcome

Dont give up but play with it and how your body responds..
Old 09-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Just read the book and was tempted, any updates elle?
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Love love love Jackie Warner and read her book - awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
afuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
I perused it in the bookstore. I like Jackie, and her physique is killer. I agree with her idea of adding foods to one's diet when first starting, instead of trying to cut things out and completely revamp (a recipe for failure for some people). But overall, that way of eating (cheat meals, fruit) would set me up for failure in the form of cravings and blood sugar swings.

Is there some compromise for you and gf? For example, I don't eat beef, but I still cook it for my family. I eat the vegetables. I think you can live in a household where one person is JW and one is Atkins. It'll take some planning and careful overlap.

"When I run, it's me against myself, which means that I always lose." ~Christine

Weight loss journal: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ney-maker.html
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:47 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afuentes View Post
Love love love Jackie Warner and read her book - awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Just read the book and was tempted, any updates elle?
I love JW too! And I really enjoyed her book, but I could not make it work for me, personally. GF is still doing her diet though. The cheat meals really throw me off but GF likes the variety. But I think it's because we initially did Atkins together that she ditched the potatoes (which she used to LOVE) and cravings in general. Fruit doesn't seem to throw her off.

BUT we're both trying to follow her exercise plans. I think the exercise parts of her book are even better than the food plans. I think the supplements she suggests are very helpful as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine1973 View Post
Is there some compromise for you and gf? For example, I don't eat beef, but I still cook it for my family. I eat the vegetables. I think you can live in a household where one person is JW and one is Atkins. It'll take some planning and careful overlap.
As of now we're doing separate plans but it's difficult It's not the separate plans that makes things hard, it's that she's a vegetarian now. I completely respect her choice, but meat makes up most of what I eat! We don't disagree with each other about it, it's just hard to plan two different meals three times a day! Not to mention I've never cooked before this WOE, so it's all new to me! I'm still scared to cook meat (she cooks it for me) and I "cook" her soy protein based meals...but I think she's sick of boca burgers

Thanks for asking guys! Can you tell I needed to vent?

-elle
Old 10-02-2010, 05:30 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ChristineCQ
Stats: 234/192/159 (5'7")
WOE: DANDR
Start Date: 7/26/10 (re-start; original start 6/03)
I wish you the best of luck, and if I have any brainstorms, I'll let you know!

Unrelated: Is that you in your pic? If so, first let me say that it looks like a record cover and second, you are stunning!
ChristineCQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fashay
i love Jackie and her new shoe but I miss the old one; however, I'm glad I'm able to still see her on tv. OP, are you drinking her shake? How is it?
fashay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TheWindCriesMary
Stats: 230/218/160
WOE: Low carb vegetarian
Start Date: January 1, 2014
Me Too!

I read the book and just started doing the diet yesteryday. I am also a vegetarian and just cannot maintain Atkins because the food choices are too limited.

I'm actually still only eating low carb grains such as Ezekial bread and low carb products in general. I'll let you know how I do!
TheWindCriesMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:43 AM   #16
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laranda View Post
Jackie Warner is a famous trainer...I'm sure most of you have heard of. I'm reading her book "This is Why You're Fat". It's not LC but it's mainly sugar free. I was wondering if anyone is doing this diet. I've been at it for a week and it SUCKS. I wish I could go running back to Dr. Atkins, but gf likes this one better because she can have two measly slices of bread a day and fruit! She's a vegetarian so she thinks Atkins is too limiting.

Anyway, if any of you have read/heard about it I'd like to hear your thoughts. I posted it here because she focuses on HIITs and Circuit training and all around fat burning.

Thanks
-elle
I love Jackie Warner! She has some great workouts, too.
LJB is offline   Reply With Quote