Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 08:09 AM   #2071
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieM View Post
Sorry I've been MIA lately. I'm out of town right now and the only reliable internet is at the library, which is where I am right now. I'll be back home Sunday evening, so I'll try to check in again then.
Sophie,

It sounds like you are busy. Have you had a chance to start your 5/3/1 program yet? Keep us updated on your progress.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #2072
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Jami!

My week off from training is finally over, and I got to lift this morning!
Old 07-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #2073
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophieM
Stats: 5'1
WOE: Varies
Matt, yeah, I do seem to be a bit busy at the moment. I have started 5/3/1 and this is my 3rd week on it. Everything is going really well so far. I really like it. I was worried about deadlifts today as I was scehdule to do 195 lbs for 1 rep (or more) and I'd never done 195 lbs without hooks b/c of my grip issue. BUT, I not only did 195 lbs, but I did it FOUR times. So, progress is definitely being made.

Seems like I've missed a lot in here. I'll try to do a better job in keeping up.

~~~Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal;
nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.~~~
Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 AM   #2074
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophieM
Stats: 5'1
WOE: Varies
Quote:
Seems like I've missed a lot in here. I'll try to do a better job in keeping up.
Scratch that. Things have come up in my personal life that need to be dealt with and I may not be around very much for a while.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:37 AM   #2075
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
Scratch that. Things have come up in my personal life that need to be dealt with and I may not be around very much for a while.
nice lifting!
Hope things get straightened out.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:04 AM   #2076
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Matt, yeah, I do seem to be a bit busy at the moment. I have started 5/3/1 and this is my 3rd week on it. Everything is going really well so far. I really like it. I was worried about deadlifts today as I was scehdule to do 195 lbs for 1 rep (or more) and I'd never done 195 lbs without hooks b/c of my grip issue. BUT, I not only did 195 lbs, but I did it FOUR times. So, progress is definitely being made.

Sophie,
Those are very impressive lifts. You maxed @ 225 or 230 for deadlift, right? You are so near double your body weight on that. That's amazing.

Hope things get straightened out so you can check in again soon.

Jami, Ileen, Kisha, et al.
, everybody hanging in there? BFL going okay with workouts and diet for those that are doing it?
Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 AM   #2077

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick View Post
Sophie,
Those are very impressive lifts. You maxed @ 225 or 230 for deadlift, right? You are so near double your body weight on that. That's amazing.

Hope things get straightened out so you can check in again soon.

Jami, Ileen, Kisha, et al.
, everybody hanging in there? BFL going okay with workouts and diet for those that are doing it?
YES its going great for me
Halfway through week nine!
Had doc visit yesterday and its confirmed I'm just an awesome little Reverse T3 producer. He says i'm the best RT3 producer of ALL OF HIS PATIENTS!!! Problem... you only want RT3 if you're trying to survive a famine LOL. Another bump up in my incoming hormone with one more to follow in thirty days. Long story short the weight loss is incredibly slow maybe 1/2 LB per week for the last few months. I guess its better than gaining?
Old 07-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #2078

Matt hanging in.. workouts going well!

Kisha at least there is reason for your slow loss, right? Maybe your body thinks you are starving? are your cals too low?
Once optimized, you'll see much better results.. I had the same problem when i did my first yr of bfl.. it was very slow as i wasnt on meds yet.. I stuck to it regardless as my body was still benefiting from the healthy eating and training.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:23 AM   #2079
Major LCF Poster!

Kisha, I'm happy to hear that you at least know what the problem is, and can now rectify it. Ileen's right - even if you're not losing weight at warp speed, lifting and eating well still do lots of great things for your body, mind & soul.

I did a full body workout yesterday, and it felt so good to be able to do so again. The DOMS I'm experiencing today, not so much. Just kidding - I actually DOMS. It makes me feel like I worked hard and accomplished something important.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:48 AM   #2080

Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Matt hanging in.. workouts going well!

Kisha at least there is reason for your slow loss, right? Maybe your body thinks you are starving? are your cals too low?
Once optimized, you'll see much better results.. I had the same problem when i did my first yr of bfl.. it was very slow as i wasnt on meds yet.. I stuck to it regardless as my body was still benefiting from the healthy eating and training.

I don't think my cals are too low. I follow BFL eating by the book and it comes in at around 1600 every day plus an extra 500-1000 on freeday.

Its just really taking time to get my FREET3 levels up hopefully the increase in my SRT3 will do the trick...

And yes my body DOES think I'm starving and aparently its thought this for a LONG TIME and there are a million heinous things that I've done to it to make it think that. Plus according to my doc alot of this is genetic. I'm just programmed to survive the hard times. Too bad my body doesn't know its 2010 LOL. But yes if I can get the RT3 down (he wants it 10 or loser) and the FT3 UP (he wants it in at least top 2/3 of the range) I should lose faster.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #2081
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MortNuke
Stats: 5"10" 213/190/190;
WOE: Clean Eating / P90X
Start Date: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
I'm just programmed to survive the hard times. Too bad my body doesn't know its 2010.
Great starvation-mode quote!

Mort
Old 07-29-2010, 08:38 AM   #2082
Major LCF Poster!

Quick check-in:

Tuesday - TurboKick round 40 (cardio)
Wednesday - full body kettlebell workout (missed doing this)

New food plan starts on Monday, and I'm excited to get started.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #2083

Can't wait to hear the feedback on that diet Laura...
SO CURIOUS!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #2084

where's ms jami?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:48 AM   #2085
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
where's ms jami?
I've been wondering where she's at too. Has anybody heard from her?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #2086
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys. Jami's fine, but she just hasn't been able to get on the computer lately due to work and family stuff. Today she's on a mother/son date playing golf and eating sushi.

My two weeks of eating at maintenance are finally over, and I can get back to dieting! Funny how when you have to eat more you actually want to eat less, huh?

So, Day 1 of TKD is on! I did my FB workout, and have eaten my pre & post workout carbs for the day. Now it's all about the protein and the veggies.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #2087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
Hey guys. Jami's fine, but she just hasn't been able to get on the computer lately due to work and family stuff. Today she's on a mother/son date playing golf and eating sushi.

My two weeks of eating at maintenance are finally over, and I can get back to dieting! Funny how when you have to eat more you actually want to eat less, huh?

So, Day 1 of TKD is on! I did my FB workout, and have eaten my pre & post workout carbs for the day. Now it's all about the protein and the veggies.
does that include skinny cows?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #2088

Quote:

I know what I'm betting on.

Got in C1W10D1 UBWO yesterday...
I've been feeling really tired.
Not sure if its my thyroid or if I'm just getting to a worn down point with Body for Life now that I'm in week ten. Also week ten without losing any weight. Depressing.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #2089
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
What do you think, Ileen?

Quote:
I know what I'm betting on.
Smart girl!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #2090
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Got in C1W10D1 UBWO yesterday...
I've been feeling really tired.
Not sure if its my thyroid or if I'm just getting to a worn down point with Body for Life now that I'm in week ten. Also week ten without losing any weight. Depressing.
I'm sorry that you're feeling worn down, hon. Are you getting enough sleep? I can totally sympathize with how you're feeling about not losing any scale weight, but I did see that you've been losing inches. Remember, no one else can see how much you weight (the actual number), but they sure can see how big or small you are, so don't sweat the scale, okay?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
I'm sorry that you're feeling worn down, hon. Are you getting enough sleep? I can totally sympathize with how you're feeling about not losing any scale weight, but I did see that you've been losing inches. Remember, no one else can see how much you weight (the actual number), but they sure can see how big or small you are, so don't sweat the scale, okay?
Thanks Laura, sorry I'm having a pity party today!
Probably just from being tired.
I have lost inches on my waist everything else the same or bigger actually.

bah.
I'll feel better tomorrow.
I got alot of sleep over the weekend. Need to be sure I get 8+ hours every night for the last three weeks of the challenge.

Also had my roommate take away the scale which should help my mood ALOT.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #2092

just posting that I feel much better today
Old 08-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #2093
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
just posting that I feel much better today
I'm so happy to hear that! Don't sweat venting though - I think it's important to be able to do that when you're feeling down. I know I've done it my fair share!

Today's going well so far. I did my TurboKick workout and am going lower carb food wise. DH and I will be eating out tonight while we play Team Trivia, and I'm having grilled Texas fajitas (steak, chicken & shrimp!) sans the chips, tortillas, rice and beans. I'll get extra lettuce and make a fajita salad.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 AM   #2094
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everyone?

I went out of town with DH on one of his overnight business trips, and got in two great workouts in the hotel's fitness center. Wednesday I did a killer metabolic workout that had me sweating buckets and left me with serious DOMS. Thursday I did hills on the treadmill.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #2095

Hmn.... I'm here

FEELING A ZILLION Times better now that I'm back on the old formulation of my thyroid hormone. whew!

KILLER UBWO yesterday morning...
Today after work is HIIT for me.

Pushing to finish the last two weeks of my BFL Challenge strong.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #2096
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hmn.... I'm here

FEELING A ZILLION Times better now that I'm back on the old formulation of my thyroid hormone. whew!

KILLER UBWO yesterday morning...
Today after work is HIIT for me.

Pushing to finish the last two weeks of my BFL Challenge strong.
Kisha, that's great that you are feeling better. Good luck with the BFL challenge. I believe I saw some progress photos of you in another thread - you are making some great progress. By the way, what does VFT stand for? I'm assuming it's something similar to VFZ, which is used in another thread I'm on - "Virgin Fat Zone". I just can't figure out what the T stands for.

Hopefully Jami and Sophie will be back soon.

My diet has sucked lately, and I've actually missed two workouts this week due to having some really bad Cold virus. At least I hope it's just a cold. I've been sick this year more times than my entire life. Two Staph infections, three times with Strep Throat, and Mono. I don't know what is going on. I'm taking probiotics now hoping to boost the good bacteria in my system. I'm thinking that all of the antibiotics I took were setting me up for more infections.

Anyway, back to my diet... I let some pizza and beer creep into my diet lately. So, I'm off of those know. I'm going to go into keto mode for a good two weeks before officially doing the Anabolic Diet that I've been meaning to try.

I'm also going to add more walking into daily life, and some HIIT sprints after weights. I've been aiming to walk 4 to 5 miles four times a week. So far I've been coming close to that goal recently. I'm able to do a lot of walking at work, so that helps.

I hope everybody else is doing well.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:02 PM   #2097

Yep you're right Matt... VFT = Virgin Fat Territory (I'm pretty sure we ripped that off the guys VFZ term)

NO those weren't pics of me you saw, Probably Mica who yes looks absolutely AMAZING.

My before pics... I took them... but they all got deleted accidentally. So now all i've got is a horrible self taken bikini shot (the old bathroom mirror cell phone camera type) heinous. Doubt I'll be posting that. I had some before with a bikini top and shorts that I would have been willing to post but I don't think I can post the one I've got left. Not now anyways.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #2098
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
NO those weren't pics of me you saw, Probably Mica who yes looks absolutely AMAZING.
Ooops. Sorry. I was just browsing whatever thread it was and must not have looked closely enough.

Either way, I know you are kicking butt and ready to kick it some more now that you are feeling better.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick View Post
Ooops. Sorry. I was just browsing whatever thread it was and must not have looked closely enough.

Either way, I know you are kicking butt and ready to kick it some more now that you are feeling better.

O FO SHO!
I'm gonna KILL the next two weeks...

Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #2100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: onestepcloser
WOE: LC/Primal
Hey everyone! I just started lifting. I'd done some lifting in the past, but not much. I am very much a beginner when it comes to weights, but am looking forward to learning more! My main goal right now is fat loss, and I know gaining muscle while in a caloric deficit is pretty difficult, but I'm hoping to at least gain strength and preserve the muscle I do have right now.
Closed Thread