Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #1891
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SophieM
Stats: 5'1
WOE: Varies
Kisha - Thanks for the welcome!!

Where is everyone today?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2010, 09:24 PM   #1892
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Hmn... good question. I just got back from LBWO @ the gym... yay me.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:08 AM   #1893

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
I took the day off training after being SO sore for 4 days from my last lower body workout. I did get in some moderate intervals though so that i didnt have to make them up.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #1894
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday was a quiet day here..

Ileen, BOO on the DOMS!! My legs stay sore for a long time too.

OK. Off the the dentist, after I eat and shower. LOL
Old 06-30-2010, 05:50 AM   #1895

cleaning appts here for me and three kiddos too.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 AM   #1896
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
Hey everybody. Trying to catch up a little.

I got back from my trip last night.

I'll try to say this without sounding like I'm complaining, but the trip wasn't that great. My flight from St. Louis to Detroit was late, so I sprinted through the whole Detroit airport to catch my plane, only to find out it was canceled. So, I had about a 10 hour layover - didn't get on a plane until about 10:20 PM or so, and got to PA about midnight.

So, mostly airport food for me for 2 days...

I'm glad to be back.

My experience running through the airport made me wish I had incorporated running into my training. My legs are sore, and I about coughed up a lung after running.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #1897
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Matt,
Bummer on the airport situation!! Poor guy. I hate that! Glad to have you back in the comfort of your home (and kitchen) LOL Yuck on air port food. When I used to eat like crap I loved it! Pizza, gyros, pretzels!! Now it would be slim pickins, unless I brought all my food.
I haven't really done that much cardio either lately. I need to step my game up a little.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:38 AM   #1898
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Im still patiently waiting for my response from my biweekly I sent in last Thursday. I knew that Erik was leaving town for the weekend, but I was hoping that he would be back to work by now.
Maybe today I'll hear something. So far I have had the same plan since I began 6 weeks ago. Its working still though.. He never did say if I could have a free meal, but, I have been having one anyways.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:05 PM   #1899

you handed in your biweekly later than you were supposed to. That pushes your coaching out further.. had to be medically done.......

the plan still works.. i dont always get mine changed if its' working.. dont be in a hurry for less food

Erik was out of town (without computer) for a conference. He is backed up.

Last edited by inatic; 06-30-2010 at 03:07 PM..
Old 06-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #1900
Senior LCF Member

Ileen - Hope the DOMS have let up some. For whatever reason, I am hardly ever sore now.

Jamie- I don't like dentists. Hope it was a good visit though.

Matt - That sounds hectic! I've only few twice, and luckily everything was (relatively) on time.
~~~~
Back from the gym. 5 sets of bench, 5 sets of military press, 3 sets of dips, and 2 sets of abs later.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:47 PM   #1901

omgoodness Matt! what an ordeal. a few days of 'stuff' wont hurt ya.. just get back on plan.

Soreness is gone. i too am hardly ever sore but something in this program is killing me (lol ina good way) trained legs too.. feel fatigue..but ok.. ran short intervals just fine this afternoon outside. over cast and cloudy so not too bad.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:59 AM   #1902

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
Here is the full series to those biweekly shots..

OMG... my quads are sore! they never get sore and its getting worse by the hour~:eh: I still have some moderate intervals to do at some point.....

Here is the larger view of the avi shot.. and one taken a wee closer.. makes me look not nearly as lean.. and the back view.. front/side shots are so decieving.
what im hoping to do is get the spot where the ties in the back are OFF. Darn stubborn spot! :grumble:

Lookin good, GF. Elaborate on your strategy/targets...? Do what now?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:09 AM   #1903
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
you handed in your biweekly later than you were supposed to. That pushes your coaching out further.. had to be medically done.......

the plan still works.. i dont always get mine changed if its' working.. dont be in a hurry for less food

Erik was out of town (without computer) for a conference. He is backed up.
OH, I guess I should hand it in on Mondays?? He just said not on the weekends. Busy guy... I know! Why rush less food right!? I do like my plan, I love that we can use the sublist. I forgot all about walden farms products! I used to have the ranch dressing and I liked it.. not as good as the original but it'll do ya know. I got my feedback btw from my biweekly. I think he's pleased so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieM View Post

Jamie- I don't like dentists. Hope it was a good visit though.
Back from the gym. 5 sets of bench, 5 sets of military press, 3 sets of dips, and 2 sets of abs later.
Appointment went great! The hygentist was very gentle. No pain or gum swelling. LOL And did I tell you who has NO cavities... ME, no biggie. LOL I get cavities so easy! I hate it. I floss and brush and can still get them. My son, brushes once a day, and never gets cavities. Go figure!
Quote:

Soreness is gone. i too am hardly ever sore but something in this program is killing me (lol ina good way) trained legs too.. feel fatigue..but ok.. ran short intervals just fine this afternoon outside. over cast and cloudy so not too bad.
Im so happy the DOMS are gone! I hate that. I really pushed heavier weights for my UPWO on Tuesday and I am sore too. LOL I haven't had a sore chest and arms in a long time, so I feel like I did something really good.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:13 AM   #1904
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have had another strength gain..
I did 4 working sets of Dumbbell chest presses on Tuesday. I wanted to do 4 x 8, I usually do them with 35lbs. When I do cable presses I can go much heavier, but DB are different for some reason.
I did 3x7 with the 40's, well my 3rd was only 6 reps (6th one failed), finished with 2x8 with 35's. YIPPEE! I love being able to move up a little!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:16 AM   #1905

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
OH, I guess I should hand it in on Mondays?? He just said not on the weekends. Busy guy... I know! Why rush less food right!? I do like my plan, I love that we can use the sublist. I forgot all about walden farms products! I used to have the ranch dressing and I liked it.. not as good as the original but it'll do ya know. I got my feedback btw from my biweekly. I think he's pleased so far.
id still hand it on thursdays but just know the weekends isnt a business day and doesnt count./ My biweekly day is fridays, so I have the weekend in there as well. when h e travels, everything gets backed up if he cant take his puter with him.

i dont care for the ranch but like the thousand island and LOVE the raspberry jam. tolerate the choc and the 'pb' when im desperate (on celery) I just got the ceasar dressing and it's kind of chalky// i want to try and add an achovie in there and see if it enhances the flavor.. the amt shouldnt be ok since its split in the whole bottle/

Did you get the cheat added? or were you not taking them at the time you handed that report in?

Quote:
Appointment went great! The hygentist was very gentle. No pain or gum swelling. LOL And did I tell you who has NO cavities... ME, no biggie. LOL I get cavities so easy! I hate it. I floss and brush and can still get them. My son, brushes once a day, and never gets cavities. Go figure!
i got cavities as a kid often but not so much as an adult. My kids, except the week one inherited hubby's NON cavity getting teeth! thank goodness!

Quote:
Im so happy the DOMS are gone! I hate that. I really pushed heavier weights for my UPWO on Tuesday and I am sore too. LOL I haven't had a sore chest and arms in a long time, so I feel like I did something really good.
way to push it!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:17 AM   #1906

Quote:
Originally Posted by WATCH-ME-SHRINK View Post
Lookin good, GF. Elaborate on your strategy/targets...? Do what now?
Twyla.. we're just holding steady(keep dieting) and fighting that area, hoping to see changes.. That is the MOST stubborn part on my body and the last to go
Old 07-01-2010, 08:05 AM   #1907
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Matt,
Bummer on the airport situation!! Poor guy. I hate that! Glad to have you back in the comfort of your home (and kitchen) LOL Yuck on air port food. When I used to eat like crap I loved it! Pizza, gyros, pretzels!! Now it would be slim pickins, unless I brought all my food.
I haven't really done that much cardio either lately. I need to step my game up a little.
I didn't do too bad with the airport food. I ate some bunless burgers and salads... Picked off some meat from other sandwiches. I wasn't really too tempted to eat junk. I passed up doughnuts at my meeting, but did end up eating some sugary muffin thing.

I skipped my workout yesterday. I was just too exhausted from my trip, still trying to catch up on sleep and spend time with my family.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #1908
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I have had another strength gain..
I did 4 working sets of Dumbbell chest presses on Tuesday. I wanted to do 4 x 8, I usually do them with 35lbs. When I do cable presses I can go much heavier, but DB are different for some reason.
I did 3x7 with the 40's, well my 3rd was only 6 reps (6th one failed), finished with 2x8 with 35's. YIPPEE! I love being able to move up a little!
Jami - great job pumping the iron. Dumbbells can be tough, so moving up in weight on those is impressive. Plus, you are lifting fairly heavy. I can't say I ever see any women in my gym do 40 pounders.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:57 PM   #1909
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Hey everyone. I am holding steady for now. I am at 134lbs and same bf but I want to get the underwater bodyfat test done. I don't know when but soon. It is the most accurate one out there to do.

Right now though I am just working to look more cut and toned. My upperbody and stomach are coming along but my legs are taking slower. My thighs and hamstrings are tighter and hard but I need to work of my butt more. Soooo legs is definitely twice a week with emphasis on the booty.

I hope all of you are doing well. I will check in later b/c I am out of town seeing family as we speak.

I love weight lifting (fountain of youth) and enjoy a low carb lifestyle.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:26 PM   #1910
Senior LCF Member

Jaime - glad the dentist appointment went well!!

Congrats on the 40 lbs. That's awesome!!

Ileen - Glad the soreness is gone.

Matt - Glad the airport food didn't stop you from eating on plan.

Ayana - Looking good! My legs are the last to lean out also, which is why they've never been lean LOL.
~~~~~
Things are going okay on my end. Still lifting, nice and heavy. As usual, I'm torn between eating to get stronger and eating to get leaner. Stronger always wins out.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:38 AM   #1911

great tp see ua ayana!

I love the dexa scan for reporting body fat.. supposedly gold standard. I have very lean arms and legs.. as an apple.. i carry my bf in the kidney area.

Matt hope you are well rested now!

Nice lifts jami

sophia do you have 'seasons' i tend to lean out over the warmer months. and work on goals and gains during the colder months when people cant see the extra fluff.

Last edited by inatic; 07-02-2010 at 03:46 AM..
Old 07-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #1912
Senior LCF Member

No seasons for me Ileen. I work on strength year round. I might halfheartedly attempt to lean out, but it's just not me. Even when I had PTSD-induced anorexia and was lifting weights, I still wasn't lean LOL. Lean just isn't my body type. My ghetto booty is here to stay it appears.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #1913
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
id still hand it on thursdays but just know the weekends isnt a business day and doesnt count./ My biweekly day is fridays, so I have the weekend in there as well. when h e travels, everything gets backed up if he cant take his puter with him.

i dont care for the ranch but like the thousand island and LOVE the raspberry jam. tolerate the choc and the 'pb' when im desperate (on celery) I just got the ceasar dressing and it's kind of chalky// i want to try and add an achovie in there and see if it enhances the flavor.. the amt shouldnt be ok since its split in the whole bottle/

Did you get the cheat added? or were you not taking them at the time you handed that report in?

i got cavities as a kid often but not so much as an adult. My kids, except the week one inherited hubby's NON cavity getting teeth! thank goodness!

way to push it!
I did hear back from Erik on my Biweekly. He just said, good with the results, and asked how we could avoid unauthorized snacks. He never did tell me if I could have a cheat or not. I just added it in myself. My cheat meals are low fat and calories, like a subway sandwich and baked chips. I do on occasion have fat free pretzels.. I need to throw them away. Far too tempting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick View Post
I didn't do too bad with the airport food. I ate some bunless burgers and salads... Picked off some meat from other sandwiches. I wasn't really too tempted to eat junk. I passed up doughnuts at my meeting, but did end up eating some sugary muffin thing.

I skipped my workout yesterday. I was just too exhausted from my trip, still trying to catch up on sleep and spend time with my family.
Good for you on making good choices! I dont blame you for missing your workout. Nice to be rested so you can give it your best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick View Post
Jami - great job pumping the iron. Dumbbells can be tough, so moving up in weight on those is impressive. Plus, you are lifting fairly heavy. I can't say I ever see any women in my gym do 40 pounders.
Thank you! I have read other women posting heavier weights and Im always really impressed with that. I love using DB's.. Increases are slow, but they are coming along. At my fitness center women hardly lift ever. Just a bunch of tready bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afuentes View Post
Hey everyone. I am holding steady for now. I am at 134lbs and same bf but I want to get the underwater bodyfat test done. I don't know when but soon. It is the most accurate one out there to do.

Right now though I am just working to look more cut and toned. My upperbody and stomach are coming along but my legs are taking slower. My thighs and hamstrings are tighter and hard but I need to work of my butt more. Soooo legs is definitely twice a week with emphasis on the booty.

I hope all of you are doing well. I will check in later b/c I am out of town seeing family as we speak.
Hi Ayana, I have a hard time with my legs getting leaned out. If I have dietary mishaps they look really squishy I HAVE to get more cardio in! Its hard when Im limited with that. Running was always something I could rely on to lean them out. Nice to see you! Have a great weekend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieM View Post
Jaime - glad the dentist appointment went well!!

Congrats on the 40 lbs. That's awesome!!

~~~~~
Things are going okay on my end. Still lifting, nice and heavy. As usual, I'm torn between eating to get stronger and eating to get leaner. Stronger always wins out.
Thank you! I like stronger too.. Dieting can stick it. HA!
Old 07-04-2010, 07:43 PM   #1914
Senior LCF Member

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday weekend. Just finished my workout for the day (yes, I know it's going on 11 pm) and am just about ready for bed. SO GLAD I have tomorrow off!!!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:00 AM   #1915

mornin' all

Jami, you need to clear with erik about the fm's.

We had a nice evening out at the beach last night.. it was scattered rain all day and poured through the fireworks. My dog is a total freak out when it comes to them.. i felt so bad for her!

Supposed to train today but might push my training over, not sure. My hams and bum are still so sore.. at least it's upper body!
Old 07-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #1916
Senior LCF Member

(copied from my workout journals) I worked out at home today. I was a little worried about DL'ing since my 45 lbs plates are smaller than regular Olympic 45 lbs plates (don't even get me started on this!!) Luckily, it didn't hinder my workout.

Not a bad workout, even better considering the heat and that during deadlifts I felt like I couldn't breathe. After every set I had to sit down as I felt like I would fall down if I didn't.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #1917

did upper body at the condo instead of the gym with hubby. Then went back with one of my boys for some cardio
Old 07-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #1918

Gallery: Ilpirata
Did my UBWO that was slated for tomorrow today. And did cardio HIIT after. I'll do HIIT again in the a.m. before work tomorrow.

Good workout! Feeling good after a free day that turned out way too free on Sunday. Um yeah there was white sugar involved which is not a regular occurrence in my life. back at it hard today! I'm doing my six week weigh in and progress check on Friday so I'll be hitting the cardio and pushing extra hard til then.

Yay for short workweeks! I've got Friday off to go camping next weekend too!
yay.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:18 AM   #1919
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ileen, no free meals for me. He said, its because I put them in myself, once I can have a 100% DA for 14 days, then we can talk about free meals. Fireworks by the beach!! How lovely!! Poor baby, im sure she was terrified.

Hi Sophie, Hi Kisha!!

UPWO for me this am!!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #1920

so are you going to follow the no free meals for 14 days?

I have lower body today and some short intervals.. Likely waiting till the my oldest two kids pack up and leave. HIIT outside today, since i waiting (dumb) will be brutal!

Last edited by inatic; 07-06-2010 at 06:42 AM..
Closed Thread