Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #1771
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: yorick
Stats: 5'8" 187/170/160
Start Date: May 2009
Ileen,

Yeah, my off week for the gym is forthcoming. I'm sorta nearing the end of a cycle of workouts, and getting ready to build a program based on Mark Rippetoe's "Texas Method", so between programs might be a good time to take a break.

Overall, I need to take better care of myself. More sleep, less coffee, better nutrition. I'm scared that I've permanently messed myself up with coffee. I frequently drink a strong pot a day at work, and I still sleep well at night. I've probably messed up my norepinephrine and cortisol. Maybe other neurotransmitters too.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2010, 03:23 PM   #1772
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
im having no problem with the diet break.. :burp: you have to let go.. that said. i've done bulks before to and deliberately 'got fat' and gain about 12lbs.. i can handle that too
Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #1773
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
GOod Morning everyone!! So, Who's working out today!! Is your diet on Target! Any new goals to accomplish?

Ileen, LOL You are tough as nails girl! Great mindset you have on long term success!

NO workout for me today.. Im at work and it isn't too busy.. yet. I hope it goes by fast.

My diet has been not good lately! I am back on track though! I am NOT going to let myself stear away from all my accomplishments that I made during these last few months.. I think the problem is that I got tired of dieting.. and I thought that hiring a trainer would have be a good thing for me.. I actually find it tougher with someone else being in control of how much and what I eat.. I just need to shut up and do it if I want to see more success with my fitness goals.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I plan on getting in a great LBWO in the morning and then some SS cardio a little later on in the day.. after my dental apt...maybe. My son has his B-Fit (strength and conditioning course) tomorrow at 1030. So I'll drop him off there after I workout, go home and get ready for the day. Pick him up at 1200. At 1230 I have to get my wisdom tooth cut out Not looking foreward to it at all. Im in so much pain right now I don't even want to deal with ANYONE touching it. Luckily, this is the last wisdom tooth I have **whew**

alright, speaking of work.. I better get back to it! See you all later!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #1774

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
im having no problem with the diet break.. :burp: you have to let go.. that said. i've done bulks before to and deliberately 'got fat' and gain about 12lbs.. i can handle that too

Old 06-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #1775

poll it together jami!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #1776
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
poll it together jami!
I know dang it!! What the heck happened to me!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:06 AM   #1777
Major LCF Poster!

Well, thanks to Ileen convincing me, I'm taking about a week and a half away from the gym. I worked out 6/6, and plan on going back on 6/16. I hate it, to be honest. But, I do need the rest. I don't know why it is so hard for me to convince myself that I need to rest.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:08 AM   #1778

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick View Post
Well, thanks to Ileen convincing me, I'm taking about a week and a half away from the gym. I worked out 6/6, and plan on going back on 6/16. I hate it, to be honest. But, I do need the rest. I don't know why it is so hard for me to convince myself that I need to rest.
It will probably turn into a seeing is believing type of thing. THIS time you'll force yourself but after you see how well it works you won't be as reluctant to take your break next time you need to. Um and also you take a break now to prove to me not to be eskeered when its my turn!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #1779
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
It will probably turn into a seeing is believing type of thing. THIS time you'll force yourself but after you see how well it works you won't be as reluctant to take your break next time you need to. Um and also you take a break now to prove to me not to be eskeered when its my turn!
Yeah, it has been over 7 months since I had a non-sick related break.

I just got a new powerlifting belt that I haven't had a chance to use yet, so I'm dying to get to the gym to use that too. I don't train with a belt, but I thought it would be wise on some of my higher weight squat and deadlift attempts.

I tested my max on squat and bench recently. I'm very happy with my progress so far, so hopefully a break from the gym will leave me refreshed and adding weight faster when I go back.

Ileen, how often do you take a break? Is there any rule of thumb to know besides when you start feeling like you have been run over?

Last edited by yorick; 06-08-2010 at 10:27 AM..
Old 06-09-2010, 04:05 AM   #1780

Matt my coach encourages a break at about 14-16 weeks.. Waiting till you feel run over is not encouraged..That would be both diet and or training.

This 'cycle' i took a 10day training break while i was also on maintenace cals.. Training resumed and my diet break is almost over as well.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:38 AM   #1781
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Matt my coach encourages a break at about 14-16 weeks.. Waiting till you feel run over is not encouraged..That would be both diet and or training.

This 'cycle' i took a 10day training break while i was also on maintenace cals.. Training resumed and my diet break is almost over as well.
Thanks Ileen. I'll try to keep that in mind and take a break approximately a little over every 3 months. Somehow I figured that mental and physical fortitude could push me past the point of ever needing a scheduled break.

Last edited by yorick; 06-09-2010 at 04:39 AM..
Old 06-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #1782
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning everyone!
Ugh, I am so off schedule this week! I had to be sedated yesterday over a wisdom tooth extraction.. It sucked, and my left side of my face is swollen and OH so painful. Yesterday I spent the day recovering. I was wanting to get in a cardio session before my appointment, but I couldn't have anything to eat or drink before my appointment. Running and no water does not mix well with me.. Yikes! I am taking some Percocet for pain.. but I really NEED to get back to the gym, my upper body is looking deflated. I feel like Im losing what I have gained and its making me freak out. LOL I only got one lbwo in this week and that's all. Im running out of time because my 3 12 hour shifts are approaching and I dont work out during that time.. So, Do I suck it up and go workout? or stay home and rest.. Thats it! Im going!!! UPWO, cardio tomorrow, and FBWO when I get off work on Friday!
Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #1783
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
For the third time Jami, REST!!!

Cool, my vacation will coincide perfectly with that 14-16 week period to rest, Ileen. Now I won't feel guilty about not working out that week.

Since I posted last, I got certified as a TurboKick instructor! It was so fun, and I'm really excited about eventually teaching classes. Still have a ways to go before I can do that, but it's something that I'm definitely looking forward to.

I'm still hitting my workouts hard and heavy, and am absolutely loving what Erik's got me doing now, which seems to be a little bit of everything. If I could get him to add some kettlebell exercises to my plan, I'd be in heaven.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #1784

Hey... I want an Erik...
Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM   #1785
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
You can have him, for a price!

But he's well worth said price.

Lean Bodies Consulting
Old 06-09-2010, 02:32 PM   #1786

yeah i sort of stalk that page. :blush:
Maybe someday...
okay who am i kidding someday soon if I have things my way!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:56 PM   #1787

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
Good Morning everyone!
Ugh, I am so off schedule this week! I had to be sedated yesterday over a wisdom tooth extraction.. It sucked, and my left side of my face is swollen and OH so painful. Yesterday I spent the day recovering. I was wanting to get in a cardio session before my appointment, but I couldn't have anything to eat or drink before my appointment. Running and no water does not mix well with me.. Yikes! I am taking some Percocet for pain.. but I really NEED to get back to the gym, my upper body is looking deflated. I feel like Im losing what I have gained and its making me freak out. LOL I only got one lbwo in this week and that's all. Im running out of time because my 3 12 hour shifts are approaching and I dont work out during that time.. So, Do I suck it up and go workout? or stay home and rest.. Thats it! Im going!!! UPWO, cardio tomorrow, and FBWO when I get off work on Friday!
R E S T!

i just took 10days off training! and guess what.. my muscles didnt fall off do yourself a big favor and rest!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #1788
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

erik is totally worth the $$!! So much easier way to diet!

Laura, haha! I guess I posted every where about my working out concerns.. So you think I should stay home then? Just kidding!! Glad I took the day off!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #1789
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
erik is totally worth the $$!! So much easier way to diet!

Laura, haha! I guess I posted every where about my working out concerns.. So you think I should stay home then? Just kidding!! Glad I took the day off!
Rest is the theme this week. I'm feeling a little antsy right now about not going to the gym after work.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #1790

You guys that are active resting maybe do something else fun and physical instead of an actual workout? I like bellydancing (um, not suggesting that for you Matt LOL)
Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #1791

Quote:
You guys that are active resting maybe do something else fun and physical instead of an actual workout? I like bellydancing (um, not suggesting that for you Matt LOL)
exactly!
a nice bike ride, long stroll, swim etc..
Old 06-09-2010, 04:00 PM   #1792
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Matt, your right! Lol resting is the theme for sure! I remember I had to take a week off, and a 2 week diet break, it about killed me!

Kisha and Ileen... Good ideas!
Old 06-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #1793
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
(um, not suggesting that for you Matt LOL)
Agreed - that's not for me.

I am usually active all the time at home when I'm not working out anyway. I'm always playing soccer, baseball, frisbee, and bike riding with my kids. Friday we are going to a water park while I'm off work. So, I get plenty of the extra exercise without trying to schedule it.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #1794

Sounds Perfect!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #1795
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ozdancer
Stats: 235/148.5/148-143
WOE: Atkins OWL
Start Date: now: 21 March 2009 last time: April 2002
everyone. Still keeping up with this thread but haven't been lifting lately. Definitely fitting into the 'rest' with everyone else it seems . I've been busy learning bellydance routines for our school concert June 19 .

Quote:
- hello fellow Raq Sharqi enthusiast

I'm also still Latin dancing quite a bit, teaching one day a week, instructor training and social dancing too .

Been spending my 'spare' time beading my bellydance troupe costume for the concert.

Anyway just letting you know I'm still alive.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #1796

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdancer View Post
everyone. Still keeping up with this thread but haven't been lifting lately. Definitely fitting into the 'rest' with everyone else it seems . I've been busy learning bellydance routines for our school concert June 19 .

- hello fellow Raq Sharqi enthusiast

I'm also still Latin dancing quite a bit, teaching one day a week, instructor training and social dancing too .

Been spending my 'spare' time beading my bellydance troupe costume for the concert.

Anyway just letting you know I'm still alive.
Oh awesome! I am a sporadic belly dancer at best. I used to drop in once or twice a month at a tribal studio nearby but they recently closed

Now I've just got some DVDs and halfheartedly looking for another studio that takes drop ins. None of the locals are tribal style so I guess its time to try something new. Its really just for fun for me. There is a studio that takes drop ins on saturday morning which is my offday from Body for Life so I might check them out this month.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #1797
Major LCF Poster!

Kisha, I've been bellydancing on/off for about 7 years now - probably more off than on class wise. Been with my current teacher for a year now, she's traditional (caberet) style not tribal. Also her & her husband have a middle eastern band so we get to dance to live music at times. Have had him in class with a tabla drum learning what the different drum rythmns are and how you dance to them differently.

Also they run a middle eastern music & dance camp each year, went last year it was phenominal. Plus they've started organising Caberet nights with a bellydance souk. Went to the first one, over 250 people there from all over our city and some beautiful performances as well as things to buy (pity I had no $$ ).

When DD was younger I did a bit of DVD & book learning myself at home too as well as teaching some friends which I tried to do commercially, but didn't have the marketing budget to advertise and it fizzled out. S'ok teaching latin now and who knows what the future has in store. The more bellydance I do though the more I seem to not know !

BOOT CAMP CHALLENGE #22

BOOT CAMP CHALLENGE #23
Old 06-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #1798

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdancer View Post
Kisha, I've been bellydancing on/off for about 7 years now - probably more off than on class wise. Been with my current teacher for a year now, she's traditional (caberet) style not tribal. Also her & her husband have a middle eastern band so we get to dance to live music at times. Have had him in class with a tabla drum learning what the different drum rythmns are and how you dance to them differently.

Also they run a middle eastern music & dance camp each year, went last year it was phenominal. Plus they've started organising Caberet nights with a bellydance souk. Went to the first one, over 250 people there from all over our city and some beautiful performances as well as things to buy (pity I had no $$ ).

When DD was younger I did a bit of DVD & book learning myself at home too as well as teaching some friends which I tried to do commercially, but didn't have the marketing budget to advertise and it fizzled out. S'ok teaching latin now and who knows what the future has in store. The more bellydance I do though the more I seem to not know !
It is really just unbelievably difficult! I remember my first class all the effort it took just to get my body into the correct position to BEGIN. I thought to myself "oh, okay I get it... its like ballet"
Old 06-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #1799
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
It is really just unbelievably difficult! I remember my first class all the effort it took just to get my body into the correct position to BEGIN. I thought to myself "oh, okay I get it... its like ballet"
probably one of the reasons I took to it so well. I did 6 years of ballet as a child and another 6 of ballroom as a teenager . Except I think anyone who has only done classical ballet would find bellydance really difficult as they won't have the isolation of upper/lower body. I got a lot of that from ballroom & latin dancing.

Last edited by ozdancer; 06-09-2010 at 10:52 PM..
Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi OZ!! Good to see you! HAHA!! Resting eh?? Join the group! How fun to belly dance! You are always doing some really cool things!
Im happy to see that you are still doing the Boot Camps!
Closed Thread