Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Muscle Matters!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 02:36 AM   #1681
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: inatic
Stats: 182+/126 5'4 51!yo 16/4 *5* kidlets later!
WOE: Coach:Erik Ledin leanbodies consulting
Start Date: LowER C since 2/02 wt training 10/15/02
Quote:
ALL of us avoid junk carbs - sugar, white flour, white rice, processed foods, etc. Cutting sugar down/out is great
errr not quite true with me..
I mostly avoid all those things but they are not offlimits and do have them.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #1682
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jamistar77
Stats: 150/142/137 or 15% body fat 5'7"
WOE: Body For Life/TKD
Start Date: 09/2009
WOW I missed alot!

Hi everyone!
OZ great job on your new low weight!! WAY TO GO GIRL!! I dont think I'll ever fit into a size 6 jeans! Good job on them being too big!! You have worked so hard for it!

CDNGIRL~ I did start out on LCing when I started posting on this site, then I found that eating MORE carbs benefited me more with changing my physique! They really do wonders in the muscle department! It took me a while to get past the only eating 10 carbs a day thing.. then with some gently coaxing I transitioned.. with hardly any gain from water weight, 2 pounds at the most! It took me about 2-3 weeks to change my way of eating, and getting it right for me. Now I eat low fat on most days, and my carbs vary from 150-215 total.. It sure is great.. and I FEEL so much better... but, individual results vary of course
Old 05-18-2010, 06:05 AM   #1683

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
What Twyla said is so true. I am a total believer in the best way to get results is to choose and plan and work it! I have no control over my scale but I can make daily and consistent decisions about what I eat and how I work out.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:46 AM   #1684
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: afuentes
Stats: 188/145/130 - I am 5'6"
WOE: Primal/low carb with weight training
Start Date: honest restart - 11/20/08
Any sugar, white flour, or processed food is not good for anyone at anytime. Have you read Good Calories/Bad Calories? Great book.

With that said, I do have a "free meal" about 2x's a month that includes some of the above. hehehe But whatever, I eat clean 90% of the time so I am not worried.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #1685
Blabbermouth!!!

Great comment Jami

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamistar77 View Post
WOW I missed alot!

Hi everyone!
OZ great job on your new low weight!! WAY TO GO GIRL!! I dont think I'll ever fit into a size 6 jeans! Good job on them being too big!! You have worked so hard for it!

CDNGIRL~ I did start out on LCing when I started posting on this site, then I found that eating MORE carbs benefited me more with changing my physique! They really do wonders in the muscle department! It took me a while to get past the only eating 10 carbs a day thing.. then with some gently coaxing I transitioned.. with hardly any gain from water weight, 2 pounds at the most! It took me about 2-3 weeks to change my way of eating, and getting it right for me. Now I eat low fat on most days, and my carbs vary from 150-215 total.. It sure is great.. and I FEEL so much better... but, individual results vary of course

Individual results do vary b/c I know bodybuilders that follow a lower carb diet than what you mentioned above. They will have fruit w/protein before and after workouts but that is about it. Here is an example of what I am talking about: My Life as a Caveman, Caveman Diet, Paleo Diet
Old 05-20-2010, 05:01 AM   #1686
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Karla~ I know how you feel about falling off board. I sorta did that too, but, TODAY IS a new day!! We are going to nail this!! Get back on track and lets DO THIS!!!

Great post Twyla, although your text keeps getting smaller and smaller again. I could barely read you last post..

Ayana, So true right.. I have seen a lot of people following that Paleo diet lately.. You look amazing in your avi pic.. **jealous**
Old 05-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #1687
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JordanRHughes
Larger Muscles will increase your carb consumption.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #1688
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Vanessa40
Stats: 220/140/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by inatic View Post
errr not quite true with me..
I mostly avoid all those things but they are not offlimits and do have them.
I completely agree
Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #1689
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NeGA
Stats: 5'10" and 164
WOE: Low Carb Something!
Start Date: February 22, 2010
So I bought a copy of Lifting for Women (or whatever the exact title is)...

I'm on about chapter six. Very interesting... Best I can come up with on my present budget...
Old 05-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #1690

Gallery: Ilpirata
And I went to freetrainer.com and got a workout program for the machines here at my apartment complex. I'm still building up my nerve LOL
Old 05-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #1691

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Hi Karla~
Great post Twyla, although your text keeps getting smaller and smaller again. I could barely read you last post..
Jami, I'm still confused/perplexed......about this whole font size thing. Apparently what the world sees when I post, vs. what I see when I post, are two different things. When I'm viewing on LCF threads, my font that I used in that post is actually BIGGER than YOUR font that you used in the above post I've quoted. Go figure? What's up with this?

I"ll try to illustrate my point with screen shots of my post and your post. In the images below, the first image is MY post, the second image is your post (towards the bottom of the image). Am I still seeing things, or is my font larger than your font?

Old 05-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #1692

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeGA View Post

I'm on about chapter six. Very interesting... Best I can come up with on my present budget...
NROL is a great book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
And I went to freetrainer.com and got a workout program for the machines here at my apartment complex. I'm still building up my nerve LOL
come on girl! jump in...
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 AM   #1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeGA View Post

Great investment, girl.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 AM   #1694

Quote:
NROL is a great book!

come on girl! jump in...

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!

Old 05-21-2010, 03:45 AM   #1695

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
I completed 3 months of NROL4W last year before I had surgery-it's fantastic. I post on a fitness forum where Lou Schuler chimes in every so often. I will tell you he emphasizes NROL4W is not meant for weight loss but for gaining strength-granted there are those who lose on his program and he is amazed by this. I really liked it and plan to do it again after I drop some more fat but plan on getting a bar instead of using dumbbells. Bulgarian Split Squats are the debil!

Last edited by lisabinil; 05-21-2010 at 03:51 AM..
Old 05-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #1696
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
Hey guys!

I'm still going strong with Erik, working my diet plan, heavy weights, and limited, but crazy hard cardio. I seem to have hit a small stall, not netting any changes this last biweekly, but I'm trusting in the process, and continuing on. My inches lost are still double pounds lost, and that's fine by me. I figure the more I weigh, the more I'll be able to eat!

Quote:
Kisha, I've read about your difficulty in losing weight, and think that lifting would be great for you! You may not really lose much lifting either, but you'll certainly get smaller, and at the end of the day, isn't that really what we all want? Just go and do it, girl - you won't regret it!
Old 05-21-2010, 06:12 AM   #1697
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Get in there and do it!! You'll be so happy you did! Its empowering!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #1698
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fembomb
Stats: Highest 210/198/118
WOE: Atkins + HHCG (Fishy Vegetarian)
Start Date: Atkins since 1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdngirl View Post
Hey Oz, I put on the wt just eating sugar/carbs/junk...I have a horrid sweet tooth and when it takes over, it's bad! I have done my own version of Atkins and it worked before but just cant seem to get my head in the game this time around. I do agree, it has to be a lifestyle and way of eating that I can stick with. I tried the glycemic load diet and really liked it because I could eat fruit with a few small pieces of cheese but I gained a few lbs and freaked out so am now trying the new plan I mentioned. It allows 15 g sugar and 120g preferably whole grain carbs, a day. Im just trying to find a way of eating that will fit with my lifestyle and allow me to lose when I want but also maintain when Im ready. I think BFC offers that. Another plan I use to like was the Protein Power plan and I have been thinking about trying that one with the strength training that is a part of that plan. They really stress the importance of wts and so I'm leaning towards this plan esp with wanting to get lean using weights. Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it so much.
i rarely post on this thread..i post on the BFL thread..but i do NOT EAT JUNK WHITES!! everyone here on this thread may do it..most bodybuilders i have ever known do it..i dont..if i do..my eating gradually becomes bad..i get cravings and i go into a nightmare cycle that consumes my brain and my life!! and as far as i am concerned.. gives me a Mental ED!! last year i did it and the end result was lots of fat gain..i must point out that i was not lifting consistently either..which enhanced the damage results..i just dont believe in it..to some the cravings are worth it..the constant thinking about food and so on..i avoid white flour..Sugar..corn syrups..fructose..etc..not salt/sodium..unless i want to reduce water weight temporarily..i rarely indulge in eating any fruits except berries daily..the fruits i eat from time to time are grapefruit..apples..watermelon..cantaloupe..peache s..grapes..a banana 2-4 times a year at most..thats just me..i Never Ever want to go back to the mental struggles i had with food..it just isnt for me..giving up these foods for LIFE..is not a nightmare for me..eating them IS!!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #1699

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
NROL is a great book!

come on girl! jump in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
<snipped>

Kisha, I've read about your difficulty in losing weight, and think that lifting would be great for you! You may not really lose much lifting either, but you'll certainly get smaller, and at the end of the day, isn't that really what we all want? Just go and do it, girl - you won't regret it!
Quote:
Get in there and do it!! You'll be so happy you did! Its empowering!
Thanks you guys... I do have a history of lifting its just ANCIENT HISTORY! In Highschool the girls soccer team did weight training as well as running with cross country. And then there were a few years in my early twenties where I got real into heavy lifting... I'm going to do this I have been feeling it build up for awhile now and I'm finally feeling better and able and WANTING to do more than lay on the couch. Thanks again for the welcome, yes I've been stalking your thread for awhile LOL.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:08 AM   #1700

Gallery: lisabinil
Stats: 287/Restart 206/177/160 5'6"
WOE: Healthy Carb for Optimum Health
Start Date: 2/4/10
Quote:
Thanks you guys... I do have a history of lifting its just ANCIENT HISTORY! In Highschool the girls soccer team did weight training as well as running with cross country. And then there were a few years in my early twenties where I got real into heavy lifting... I'm going to do this I have been feeling it build up for awhile now and I'm finally feeling better and able and WANTING to do more than lay on the couch. Thanks again for the welcome, yes I've been stalking your thread for awhile LOL.
Never underestimate the power of walking. I started walking to build my strength up. So kewl you are considering lifting at some point in the future.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #1701
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kisha, it'll get easier. Its always that initial day of going back, ya know.. I think you'll do great! Especially since you already have the history of lifting!! I love it!
Glad that you started posting It sure is motivating to chat with like minded people. It really helped me get through my BFL challenge.. I couldn't have done it with all the support from my friends in here
Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #1702
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fembomb View Post
i rarely post on this thread..i post on the BFL thread..but i do NOT EAT JUNK WHITES!! everyone here on this thread may do it..most bodybuilders i have ever known do it..i dont..if i do..my eating gradually becomes bad..i get cravings and i go into a nightmare cycle that consumes my brain and my life!! and as far as i am concerned.. gives me a Mental ED!! last year i did it and the end result was lots of fat gain..i must point out that i was not lifting consistently either..which enhanced the damage results..i just dont believe in it..to some the cravings are worth it..the constant thinking about food and so on..i avoid white flour..Sugar..corn syrups..fructose..etc..not salt/sodium..unless i want to reduce water weight temporarily..i rarely indulge in eating any fruits except berries daily..the fruits i eat from time to time are grapefruit..apples..watermelon..cantaloupe..peache s..grapes..a banana 2-4 times a year at most..thats just me..i Never Ever want to go back to the mental struggles i had with food..it just isnt for me..giving up these foods for LIFE..is not a nightmare for me..eating them IS!!
I totally get what you are saying. Believe me. I stay away from the above as well. My diet is mostly veggies, meat, fowl, fish, shellfish, nuts, nut butters, "good oils", fruit at times when needed, dairy like heavy cream and Fage yogurt, etc. I love eating this way. However, I do have a free meal after my weigh ins although my cravings aren't really there much anymore right now. I am lifting heavy and have the energy and my bodyfat is getting lower. Yay!

I weigh in/do my bodyfat measure again on Wednesday.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #1703

Good luck with your weigh in. Just did my biweekly measurements/report and pictures..

Old 05-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #1704

Gallery: LowCarbRachel
Stats: size 10/size 6-8/size 6
WOE: Gluten Free/Grain Free
Start Date: January 2013
I eat mostly meat, eggs, healthy fats, nuts, vegetables, fruits, and some full-fat dairy. I do have one free meal a week and that meal may include white carbs/junk/whatever.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #1705
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ileen, GEEZ!! I am so proud of you!! You have done such a great job leaning out!! Congrats! Great pics!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #1706
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Firm Hottie
Stats: Too big/-15/Just right
WOE: Lower carb & weight training
I already posted this on LBF, but yowza, Ileen! You're looking good, chica!

I rarely eat white anything anymore, except for maybe vanilla ice cream for a PWO snack! Gotta love skinny cow ice cream treats!
Old 05-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #1707
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Hottie View Post
I already posted this on LBF, but yowza, Ileen! You're looking good, chica!

I rarely eat white anything anymore, except for maybe vanilla ice cream for a PWO snack! Gotta love skinny cow ice cream treats!
That is interesting that he allows processed foods in his plan. But at least you are enjoying it. For me if the ingredients are more than a few long and I can't understand them then I stay away. But like I have said before, I do have a "free meal" at least once a month.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #1708
Blabbermouth!!!

:)

Quote:
Good luck with your weigh in. Just did my biweekly measurements/report and pictures..

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #1709

ayana.. his meal plans are wholesome and nutritious. no garbage and actually normally even gluten free.
post work out he allows clientes to chose what ever they want to eat as long as it falls within the carbs/cals their plan calls for. If you chose to eat 'clean' that is a choice, as is the choice to enjoy a treat.

thank you all for the props..
Old 05-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #1710
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afuentes View Post
That is interesting that he allows processed foods in his plan. But at least you are enjoying it. For me if the ingredients are more than a few long and I can't understand them then I stay away. But like I have said before, I do have a "free meal" at least once a month.
This is my favorite part about this plan!! I love it! We dont HAVE to eat these types of treats, but if we want to we can.. It gives me an incentive to nail my workouts on lifting days.. I get to go home and have my reward I still love to have my oatmeal and protein, but somedays having a low fat English muffin with sf jam or those quaker d'lights hit the spot.
But good for you for choosing all those healthy foods! Im sure your body loves it, and it shows!! You look great!

Laura, I love skinny cow ice cream. Those sandwhiches are so yummy!!

Twyla Thats so funny! I dont know why the text looks so small... When I clicked on those links your text still looked small??? Weird.. On that last post you posted, your text was bigger than mine.. Has anyone else said anything?

Today is my sons 13th b-day.. Sad and happy. Sad that my baby is now a teenager.. Happy that he is such a genuinly sweet boy.
Closed Thread